I Dunno What To Do Anymore - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I Dunno What To Do Anymore

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

So I have a 105/15 Mechanic, been fun so far, although it can sometimes get a bit rough mobbing in some areas, but I figure a few more job levels and then I'll reset and go straight up Mado and it'll be smooth sailing.

On the other hand... I look at Rangers and see them pumping out +50k damage in a huge area and I'm like... damn. So OP. I wish I could be that OP. T_T

I've always been a Blacksmith player at heart since the good ol' days, even though I sometimes stray off and experiment with different classes. But man I am really tempted to make a Ranger... but on the other hand, Rangers are everywhere. Mech gets no love. But I love my Mechanic so far, Hammering + Axe Tornadoing mobs is fun, and once I get some Mado skills and I'm effectively gonna be a more tanky long range class with some nice support skills. Or so that's the geist of what I get from what I've read about Mechanics.

Or maybe I should just sell my soul to the devil and make a Ranger to live the easy life? On the up side everyone is gonna want me in their party and their damage is bonkers. On the downside, they can't take a hit or carry anywhere near as many healing items as a Mech can...

BAH HUMBUG.

#2 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

Sell your soul!

B>your soul... :p_devil:

#3 Henneh

Henneh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

You have 3 character slots(9 in case ure VIP) might as well use em. Besides its ok to have 1 or more job char, you get to try out different stuff as long as you got the time to level them up.

#4 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

It's about having fun, not being OP, so play the class that interests you the most. If you think OP = fun then go for it (though rangers aren't really OP anywhere else).

If you like both, then just play both.

#5 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

I was also thinking of trying Alchemist, would be nice to have a vend/afk slave while I'm out grinding on my Mech. I dunno anything about the homunculus stuff though, even less about their 3rd job but I always read about how much they wreck MvP's. 

#6 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

I was also thinking of trying Alchemist, would be nice to have a vend/afk slave while I'm out grinding on my Mech. I dunno anything about the homunculus stuff though, even less about their 3rd job but I always read about how much they wreck MvP's. 

genes are the ultimate mvp wrecking machine! i would definitely make one after i maxed leveled my ranger.

#7 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

Gene+Sera can do just about anything in the game.

#8 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

I could relate to your story a lot with my Warlock journey, and I know way too many Warlock friends that quit along my way to 150 on it. When I hit 150 on my Warlock, so many of my friends are surprised I am still playing it. But after that I don't really know what to do with my Warlock anymore, no one really wanted me in many instance parties like ET or whatever and I could barely farm anything worth while with also mediocre gears. And they would rather I just stand aside and watch a lot.

I almost wanted to quit at that point. But continued playing on AB, Sorcerer then eventually my own RK when I could finally farm rares more efficiently.

Gramp Style leveling makes everyone feel under powered by Rangers a lot. Quite recently my friend sent me videos of how kRO players play their Warlocks and I was pleasantly surprised. They were grinding yeah but they obviously know how to play their class very well.

With WOE TE coming up, I believe Smiths will be one of the best class to play then. =] I myself remade a high wizzie just for it! And look forward to having fun on a magic class again.

#9 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

I almost want to make a Mastersmith on Classic, except it's gonna suck starting from scratch again. I just love the class so much. What is this WOE TE all about?

#10 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

http://forums.warppo...-edition-guild/

XD I'm just going to steal Kieri's guild recruit thread because he did a good job explaining what it is all about that I can easily link to.

#11 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

That actually sounds pretty good.

#12 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for the free advertisement fier <3

#13 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

I think you just have to take a rest from your Mech.

Everyone needs to unwind and try something new once in a while, otherwise they'll get overwhelmed and frustrated.  Of course, experimenting with other classes doesn't mean that you're betraying your beloved Mechanic in any way.

Try another class and return to your Mech eventually, when you feel refreshed and ready to play him again.  Who knows? Maybe by playing other classes you could discover how they can synergize with a Mechanic or even spread Mechanic awareness among other players that are playing other characters but also want to try something new.  :no1:

#14 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Mechs kill way more in WoE than Rangers ever will (unless you have high end MVP cards)!

#15 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

I use mech to kill low end mvp and its quite fun!! :)

#16 Jowgen

Jowgen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationLocation Not Found

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Hello again Running.

I think a lot of us can safely say that compared to Rangers in regular pvm we all look a little on the weak side.

As has been said, you should take a break and try reaching out to other classes. Reenergize your batteries and try something new. Once you've played other classes for a while you might even find yourself with new leveling/mvping ideas and a rekindled ambition for your own particular class.

#17 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

Mechs kill way more in WoE than Rangers ever will (unless you have high end MVP cards)!

Yeah I can't wait to EXPLODE.

I'll ponder more on what to make. Alchemist is sounding pretty good to me. I really don't want to go to the dark side that is Ranger. Plus I could join one of those afk homun parties at low TI, that might be uhhh... interesting lol.

Edited by RunningWild, 02 December 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#18 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for the free advertisement fier <3

lol No prob. It's just convenient for me to link to (aka I'm lazy?..) , and yes free advertisement! +o+! 

Oh I do highly recommend Alchemist. It's a lot of fun to play Geneticist too. o.o They walk around so fast with Cart Boost, I finish a lot of things in such short time with it. +_+; They can carry so much stuff, walk fast, kills MVP like a boss, it's a pretty fun class to play. I had fun playing Gene PVMing just as much as RK. Ranger is fun but they are super squishy without shield. o.o And I am more about efficient, lowcost supply PVMing. +_+

Edited by WarlockFier, 02 December 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#19 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

genes are the ultimate mvp wrecking machine! i would definitely make one after i maxed leveled my ranger.

Gene's will only remain in the spotlight until 2wfsa4w.png

comes out.

It's a ridiculously overpowered spear and as long as it's unaltered upon its release, it will allow RK's to one shot most MVP's. Gene's will be a thing of the past.

Edited by Tkwan, 02 December 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#20 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

It's already out and someone has one.

#21 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

How can it one shot mvp with this weapon? Im curious

#22 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

2000 weight spear? What the hell...

#23 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

It's already out and someone has one.

Seriously? I hadn't heard it was out already. Last I was told it wasn't released with the rest of the stuff D:

How can it one shot mvp with this weapon? Im curious

My maths could be wrong (they certainly have been before), but with absolutely optimal gearing/god items/mvp cards/elemental weaknesses/lex and such, one CS should be able to hit 9,169,860 on an enemy with 0 armor.

2000 weight spear? What the hell...

Yeah, it's pretty insane.

#24 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

If I could get my hands on a spear like that, I'd make a Lord Knight.

#25 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

Interesting i guess i'll get one for my rk :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users