Ragexe Not Responding? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragexe Not Responding?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kyrios91

kyrios91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

I have an issue where the game occasionally stops in the loading screen. So the loading meter reaches 100%, and it stays there - when I check it in the Task Manager, the Ragexe is not responding. This doesn't occur everytime, but most of the time it happens everytime I try to login / switch maps / basically it could happen in all loading screens. I wonder if anyone can help me with this issue?

I'm running on Windows 8.1 64 Bit. 

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Are you playing in full-screen mode? 

If so, turn off fullscreen. Fullscreen has lots of problems in Windows 8/8.1. 

#3 kyrios91

kyrios91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

Are you playing in full-screen mode? 

If so, turn off fullscreen. Fullscreen has lots of problems in Windows 8/8.1. 

Yes I do but I really like the feel of having a full screen. Although everytime I use Window mode (When I'm using alts) my FPS boosts by a lot and it rarely lags.

This issue in particular gets annoying when I'm hunting in a party / went inside a special map, and I have to End Task and got returned back to my Save Point.

Edited by kyrios91, 03 December 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Full screen has problems like this in Win8 - there's an update in the works to update the version of DirectX used by the game, which will probably fix this, but until then, all I can say is don't use full screen on Win8. 

RO in general has always worked better windowed than fullscreen (even ignoring the fact that windowed mode makes it easier to check websites for info, which you inevitably have to do constantly in RO)

#5 kyrios91

kyrios91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Full screen has problems like this in Win8 - there's an update in the works to update the version of DirectX used by the game, which will probably fix this, but until then, all I can say is don't use full screen on Win8. 

RO in general has always worked better windowed than fullscreen (even ignoring the fact that windowed mode makes it easier to check websites for info, which you inevitably have to do constantly in RO)

Okay then. Thanks a lot for your help :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users