• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SirLumen

SirLumen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

Hello everyone i used to play RO 10 years ago or something like that, there was no champions just monks for example lol, so i have returned as a total new player and found some things that would stop anyone from playing, i will play for nostalgia. I was also thinking about the VIP and Kafra stuff, indeed if the game ran as it should i would have no issues paying for a straight year of VIP plus Kafra points, but these things are just way out of hand. The game atm is in an alarming bad condition. I wish for the game to live a long healthy life and it saddens me to see it on this state :p_sad:

1. The first thing i did as novice was to walk in to Prontera and wow, gold spammers are insane, the spam would drive any new player away instantly.

Suggestions:

-Have a GM, i dunno if you guys got a GM dedicated to the game but you should have some, for to IP ban the gold spammers, they make new ip/accounts? well ban those too eventually they will go away.

-Or do like WoW does, don't let players under lvl 30/40 start a chat or PM anyone (at least NOT in Prontera) unless he is on the friends list, or unless someone else starts the conversation.

-Less gold spammers = more people buying official services.

2. Bots, seems now like standard to see bots with an acolyte/priest following them around, come on guys they are too obvious, new players will think this is allowed, having a clean server and enforcing the rules also helps the population growth. Just take a walk on Papuchika forest (Alligators) this can't be for real!

Suggestions:

-Have 2 or 3 GM just warp in to every repeteable quest/farming zone and ipban the bots , they are too obvious and they are a LOT, they harm the game community and the potential customers. How do you guys think a new player feels when he is sloooowly rising exp and collecting stuff, and suddenly realizes that everyone is botting making millions of zeny and exp?

-Make zeny shared between all characters, and don't allow 2 instances of the game launched at the same time.

3. Latency issues, sometimes the game runs fine, but most of the time the lag is just unbearable, i play 3 other MMORPGs and two are "free to play" in none of those i have latency issues. So as a potential customer i think ok i want to pay for the VIP program and also get some extra Kafra points, but then i remember the unbearable  lag and it drives me away. I know that lowerping fixes it i have tried it but i will not pay extra 7$ for something that should be on the game.

Suggestions:

-I am really lost here as i don't understand how a game like RO has latency issues on the official server, maybe talk with the lowerping guys and add it as a part of the VIP plan.

I really don't understand how botting, spamming, rampant zeny selling are overlooked, if you guys start banning the bots people will stop doing it, i am pretty sure that if you guys iron those things you will have a LOT of new happy players/customers, i wish you all the best and please excuse my english :p_love:

Edited by SirLumen, 03 December 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#2 Henneh

Henneh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

I agree but unfortunately it is how it is. bots run around and GMs keep releasing kawaii hats.Good ol' RO experience

#3 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

For the lag, you just need Leatrix Latency Fix to fix this 99% of the time.

It lowers the minimum packet size to 1 byte, instead of trying to bundle up 200 or w/e the default is bytes of data before sending.

It should help tremendously.  IT should probably be packaged with RO.

#4 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

That no chat/pm till lv30 unless they are friended sounds like a really good solution to the spam bots, considering GMs don't keep up with muting them and etc.

The bots are really bad and got a lot worse with the closing of mRO & Steam release.

#5 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

-Make zeny shared between all characters, and don't allow 2 instances of the game launched at the same time.

Zeny should be able to be put into a bank system whenever we get that update (Assuming Classic gets this update along with Renewal. It would make sense to put it there too.). Which would solve the 1 problem. And not being able to dual client is a bit of a turn off for the game. Some players, like myself and a few of my friends, enjoy to dual client. Vending while playing another character or just playing 2 characters at once.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 04 December 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#6 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

Zeny should be able to be put into a bank system whenever we get that update (Assuming Classic gets this update along with Renewal. It would make sense to put it there too.). Which would solve the 1 problem. And not being able to dual client is a bit of a turn off for the game. Some players, like myself and a few of my friends, enjoy to dual client. Vending while playing another character or just playing 2 characters at once.

Indeed.

Since we still don't get the bank feature, dual-clienting at least helps us move zenny between different accounts and characters, specially for Rebirthing, since you need to have 0 zeny on you.  And having someone else store our money for us could end in serious drama.

Also, dual clienting is great when you use it to vend on one account and play normally on another.

And, as far as I've learned, we don't have enough staff to continously be on the lookout for bots and ban them.

#7 SirLumen

SirLumen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

For the lag, you just need Leatrix Latency Fix to fix this 99% of the time.

It lowers the minimum packet size to 1 byte, instead of trying to bundle up 200 or w/e the default is bytes of data before sending.

It should help tremendously.  IT should probably be packaged with RO.

Hello, i am using that Leatrix latency fix and it helped a tiny bit but i still walk 3 steps forward and one backwards sometimes because of the lag :heh: , tonight i will install it again just in case and ty very much for the monk guides :)

Ya i agree having a merchant while playing can be very nice and a time saver, i dunno how can they deal with bots other than not allowing dual clienting or having a GM on duty to get rid of them (as it should be or as it was in the old days), the thing is that botting now looks like "how the game should be played" at least on the few maps i have been lvling up from 10 players 5 have the acolyte/priest slave bot thingy, and from what i hear on higher lvl maps the botting is worse :sob: .

Maybe disable the autofollow while dual clienting? i still think a GM should deal with this of course. Even having some GM just walking randomly on the maps and sending global anti bot messages would decrease the ammount of botting, the thing is that right now people has no fear at all.

Also people seem to never want to party maybe because botting is faster and easier , this is brutal for new players , i remember the old days were full of parties going on, not just bots filling the screen :(,  non botting people has a huge disadvantage in every way.

This is a fun game and a very nostalgic game, it has a lot of value and i am sure a lot of players have joined saw the game state and left, i just don't want to, not yet, i still have hope.

#8 SirLumen

SirLumen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

Indeed.

Since we still don't get the bank feature, dual-clienting at least helps us move zenny between different accounts and characters, specially for Rebirthing, since you need to have 0 zeny on you.  And having someone else store our money for us could end in serious drama.

Also, dual clienting is great when you use it to vend on one account and play normally on another.

And, as far as I've learned, we don't have enough staff to continously be on the lookout for bots and ban them.

Sorry for the double post :3

Well if there is not enough staff they can always choose a very few select group of players and give them limited GM privileges, i think something must be done if they want the player base to grow and the game to be succesfull , right now it is bot anarchy land :p_sad:

I don't think it would take too much time  warping over the maps for a GM to find and ban all the bots he can find, they are way too obvious D:

Edited by SirLumen, 04 December 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#9 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

i dunno how can they deal with bots other than not allowing dual clienting or having a GM on duty to get rid of them

Except the fact that bots don't even use the client. So, blocking dual clienting would have no impact on the bots whatsoever.

#10 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

2. Bots, seems now like standard to see bots with an acolyte/priest following them around, come on guys they are too obvious, new players will think this is allowed, having a clean server and enforcing the rules also helps the population growth. Just take a walk on Papuchika forest (Alligators) this can't be for real!

276993_228449067197940_3487796_n.jpg

haha sorry!

But welcome to the game and yeah, not many people really like all the bots, but it's just..one of those things.

:(

Edited by Trixdee, 04 December 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#11 SirLumen

SirLumen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

Except the fact that bots don't even use the client. So, blocking dual clienting would have no impact on the bots whatsoever.

:p_omg: I didn't know about that, i guess the only answer then  relies on having more active game masters :p_sad:

haha sorry!

But welcome to the game and yeah, not many people really like all the bots, but it's just..one of those things.

:(

Ty for the welcome and ty to everyone that has been kind ingame and on the forums, i read the forums a lot and seems to be full of nice people even the admins :p_love:

EDIT: Jaffer Leatrix doesn't fix the lag for me :( i am right now on Prontera and can't even walk straight and no i am not drunk lol, the character walks, stops, walks 2 steps forward, 1 backwards, even teleports all over the place tryng to walk :I

I wish for these things to be fixed. Bots, spam and lag really make the game a sad place :3

xGWGHyh.jpg?1

And for noobs like me it is even worse :p_swt:

Edited by SirLumen, 04 December 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#12 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hello everyone i used to play RO 10 years ago or something like that, there was no champions just monks for example lol, so i have returned as a total new player and found some things that would stop anyone from playing, i will play for nostalgia. I was also thinking about the VIP and Kafra stuff, indeed if the game ran as it should i would have no issues paying for a straight year of VIP plus Kafra points, but these things are just way out of hand. The game atm is in an alarming bad condition. I wish for the game to live a long healthy life and it saddens me to see it on this state :p_sad:

1. The first thing i did as novice was to walk in to Prontera and wow, gold spammers are insane, the spam would drive any new player away instantly.

Suggestions:

-Have a GM, i dunno if you guys got a GM dedicated to the game but you should have some, for to IP ban the gold spammers, they make new ip/accounts? well ban those too eventually they will go away.

-Or do like WoW does, don't let players under lvl 30/40 start a chat or PM anyone (at least NOT in Prontera) unless he is on the friends list, or unless someone else starts the conversation.

-Less gold spammers = more people buying official services.

ouch, that hurts.

#13 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

Fyi on your first note, ban one, another 10 is born. You must realize this.

#14 Renarain

Renarain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

1: yes the gold spammers are a big nuisance they stopped them inside eden by having a "novices cant enter this area" thing, I think it would be great if they made it so a novice cant leave training grounds till level 10 job, that would fix it for a while. another thing would be adding the "whispering" ability to lvl 9 basic ability as well. of course bots would adapt to this eventually. but if you made it so normal novices cant whisper till they job change this would solve it for a long time as bots don't wanna do job change quests just to get banned in an hour or so. however this would ruin any super/perma novies ability to chat.

having some volunteer players with a "mute" option available would be nice, but youd need responsible people to not abuse it.

2: the bots are a problem, ive seen some bots literally level from 1-99 then 1-99 trans. just to build a woe char without any effort. its pathetic and they are pathetic. some of those auto followers are not bots however, ive seen some who are 2 players but auto follow for ease, or a duel clienter who has 2 computers even. but yes sadly 80% of them are bots. I love duel clienting for double vending or other such things.

3: I have not lagged once on this game in over a month since I got a new computer.

the way I see it, some volunteers with mute abilitys or even a "send to jail" option to let the moderators figure it out seems fine so long as its not abused.

adding a level requirement or even a "only novices lvl 30+ or first class jobs can whisper" option seems like it would work along with a 10 job lvl to leave training grounds

ADDING A IGNORE WHISPERING RIGHT CLICK OPTION TO WHISPER WINDOWS

#15 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

You trying to compare Ragnarok to WoW...

Just... don't. I'm a former WoW player and I'm just playing Ragnarok for a change of pace, but trying to compare these two in terms of structure, support, GMs etc will just make you quit Ragnarok tomorrow.

My suggestion is to play the game for what it is, there's only so many thing's Gravity will change. C'mon, even in kRO the game is a mess.

#16 Mikril

Mikril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

The only way the bot problem could ever be fixed is by accepting volunteers (unpaid) to go on routine patrols with the necessary tools to investigate and ban bots. It would need to be treated as a real job with oversight to prevent abuse, and will never be done. The bot strike thread is a nice idea but that's like using a band-aid to patch up a gaping wound. Not to mention it takes days for a response, assuming you even get one (I didn't). The bots need to be banned before they get to alligators. They tend to spend a lot of time on out of the way low level maps before ever reaching the mid-level ones. You can actually track future alligator bots by going to thara frogs. Some bot starts out on the Morroc field maps too, but I'm not sure where those ones move off to when they reach level 30ish. Basically, there are patterns and it makes sense to hit them early and often so the less persistent ones get discouraged and give up. Keep the bot strike thread for the few that slip through the cracks.

Dual clienting and auto-follow isn't a problem. Botting was rampant on all the servers even when dual clients were illegal. The idea of restricting auto-follow between clients would only hinder the real players.

By the way, while a lot of the players you see on item turnin maps are bots, you might be surprised by who isn't. Gank/snatch rogues are probably the best and easiest farmer characters to level up. If you suspect somebody, say hey or something - don't just go on your way assuming it's a bot. I'm not meaning to imply you don't, since I don't know, but a lot of people do. It's irritating to learn people think you're a bot when you were never given a chance to defend yourself. Once labeled it's not an easy thing to remove.

Edited by Mikril, 12 March 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#17 hakufu

hakufu

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:45 AM

When I was playing 10 years ago the bot problem was just as bad. Also, running a dual client was not possible back then.

Doing a Mac address ban would be more effective than an IP ban, you can reset your IP easily. I think accepting volunteers to GM is one of the best ideas brought up but, choosing people who won't abuse those privileges would prove to be difficult... Wouldn't it?

#18 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

ADDING A IGNORE WHISPERING RIGHT CLICK OPTION TO WHISPER WINDOWS

Holy scrap, this. I miss that every phreaking day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users