2014 PVE Endgame and New Town Content - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2014 PVE Endgame and New Town Content

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

Here is the place to discuss what you'd like to be seeing with regards to late/end game content. 

As it is now we are cautiously looking at implementation of late game content like Morroc and the New world, what they would mean for Classic and how it affects the balance of the game. 

We have talked before about what our ideal plans would be to approach this (questing to STOP S.M. from destroying the city),  but for players who are already engaged in high level PVE I would like some feedback and suggestions for what you'd like to see over the next year on Classic.  

Early Scheduling estimates for 2014: 

January: 

12v12 Tierra Gorge

Tierra Gorge with Flavius map

Battlegrounds reward balancing

February: 

Noghalt Desert Spotlight Quest Pack

-Number of new PVE Quests being added for Rachel and Veins

-looking at adding gear rewards for these one time quests 

March

PVP Tournament proposed (1 v 1 best of class)

New Training Grounds Phase 1

Evaluating and adding new Early Game gear

St. Pats quest

April

Quest Pack part II

Expanding endgame content 

Mister Satan and the H.F.I.L

May

Summer events begin

Will see if Dewata is possible on Classic

This is just an early brainstorm schedule of what will be going in, of course we will be doing other events, tweaks and foundry projects but this is the major stuff that is incoming for this year that we wanted to tease out early.

While there are no currently plans to reimplement a dragonlabs style TI event for experience, it may be considered as a way of letting players be able to earn tokens for gear and consumables. 

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

I want my damn Cross Shield. :3

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

ya know that Morroc is dead on a lot of players clients anyway most of the time right? I'm not sure that we can actually stop him.

I didn't have a problem with the way S.M and new world were. They didn't really change the game a huge amount. The only thing that is a gamechanger would be the diab rings. The hat which previously was the sole cause of an entire metashift is irrelevant because of kafra shop items replacing that particular S.M drop.

So no big deal really.

Edited by Xellie, 06 December 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#4 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Don't forget to disable Eske please

#5 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

I dont have any real objection to everything being implemented right up until pre-renewal. Most of the content/gear from around that area isnt going to negatively impact the server. It'd be really nice to have some of those extra items to open up more choices when planning/building characters.

I kind of like the idea of keeping morroc un-destroyed, but it's really not that big of a deal. People who have old clients can still see it in its destroyed state and anyone with a newer install or a properly patched one wont. Destroying it and putting all the Morroc NPCs back on the Pyramids maps would mean that all the DB/wiki information is correct and people can find the items they're looking for.

Edited by Themes, 06 December 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#6 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

The only thing that is a gamechanger would be the diab rings.

Every class pretty much has their end game gear except for champs. Dgear makes champ better; not changing the game in any way.

Sealed shrine, nyd, and SM would give people much more to do. (end game wise)

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 06 December 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#7 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Agreed.

#8 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Anything that the SM update would have done to WoE you already did through kafra shop gear so it's effect will be minimal for any class except champs. The update brought a lot of things to do endgame like sealed shrine and Nyd dungeon, and I'd prefer it if we get all of that so we can have fun doing those things.

#9 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

before doing new world please fix spam bots please those bots evolved and random pm anyone and cause us lag and disconnection. thank you

#10 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Those spam bots are hella annoying,they won't stop pming me and it needs to be stopped :/

#11 AllyBB

AllyBB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

I can't think of anything that was broken out of that content and my Morroc is destroyed anyways... I slightly recall being irked by the new world towns...was the camera angle fixed or something?...i just remember being annoyed about these towns behaving different (i really don't remember what it was though).

And to throw out a crazy custom idea (i, know, boo hoo this is classic ro whine) i really enjoyed other MMO's that have timed large scale events. Like every 7 hours some really strong MVP type thing spawns somewhere, there's a yellow announcement about it, and it takes a lot of people to kill it. The reward could work on the same concept as the continental guard quest so everyone there gets something. I think if it were on a map that was easily accessible and the reward was good people would do it. It would get people playing together and give them something to do. Have it run as a short term event- put a timer on the kill or not. Speaking of my experience on the 'other mmo' im thinking of specifically these events really drew people in to play a lot. They were pretty hard and almost impossible without coordination so people failed a lot- it wasn't easy to get the reward, but the failing made people keep trying/playing to try to beat it. Maybe it could work as something else to add every once in a while.

#12 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Any day now. Thanks.

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

I can't think of anything that was broken out of that content and my Morroc is destroyed anyways... I slightly recall being irked by the new world towns...was the camera angle fixed or something?...i just remember being annoyed about these towns behaving different (i really don't remember what it was though).

And to throw out a crazy custom idea (i, know, boo hoo this is classic ro whine) i really enjoyed other MMO's that have timed large scale events. Like every 7 hours some really strong MVP type thing spawns somewhere, there's a yellow announcement about it, and it takes a lot of people to kill it. The reward could work on the same concept as the continental guard quest so everyone there gets something. I think if it were on a map that was easily accessible and the reward was good people would do it. It would get people playing together and give them something to do. Have it run as a short term event- put a timer on the kill or not. Speaking of my experience on the 'other mmo' im thinking of specifically these events really drew people in to play a lot. They were pretty hard and almost impossible without coordination so people failed a lot- it wasn't easy to get the reward, but the failing made people keep trying/playing to try to beat it. Maybe it could work as something else to add every once in a while.

I like this idea quite a bit!

#14 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

Let me start this post by saying that before the following I'd MUCH rather see the rest of the pre-renewal PVE content.

But I was thinking about an ET 2.0, maybe half the size using a bunch of the bosses that are generally ignored or not killed often and that are missing from current ET.

There's plenty of things to choose from:

Lord of the Dead

Dracula

Detard

Gloom

Haitii

Stormy Knight

Ktullanax

Osiris

Lady Tanee

You could put something like one random Biolabs MVP towards the top. It's kind of hard to put something towards the top that isnt already used and also sort of justifiably worth the hour or so it'd take to get there. You can probably get to the upper floors in the current ET in a couple of hours with a good group and then you'd be looking at killing Ifrit -> Valk -> Bee. This would maybe be an hour or so to get towards the top here and throwing something like that for only an hours worth of effort seems a bit high. But you also need to put enough in there to make it worth the possible 2 hours of effort and I'm not really sure where to draw the line in terms of difficulty vs rewards.

There's a few that I didnt include (like thanatos) that would make people less interested in going to kill them because it may be easier/faster to just go to the tower and kill them instead.

You can either put something challenging at the top or re-loot one of Entweihen or Naght Sieger with something different.

#15 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

Or a survival room would be fun too. you get in a a small room (tiny enough to make monster able to see any players no matter where they stand) with a team and then you have a timer until mob spawn everywhere all around the team, and you have a certain time to kill them before the other wave come. obviously wave will keep having more powerful monsters everytime. disabled skills like ET with that.

I don't think that thing would be that hard to script, maybe getting the right map to do this would be difficult to find.

Edited by HansLowell, 19 December 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#16 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

I think by Osiris you meant Eddga 

#17 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

More instances, make some kind of contest to create a unique story for a few instance dungeons to get anyone creative or has a talent in writing to try and make something interesting for the game.  Being able to form a party and run through something while working together is always a fun experience in any MMO.  Give each class a specific importance by adding things that recognize their 2nd Job or 1st Job/Expanded Job's talents to use against the environment, like an Assassin or Rogue being able to sneak past and disable a trap or a Blacksmith being able to identify something like a key.  Add puzzles that require people to think and learn together and figure out an answer that would be randomized and would have some kind of penalty for guessing wrong.  Have each one end with a boss that has to do with the plot, changing it depending on the level range.  Low level Instances for players who have no chance against an MVP could get a Mini-Boss type or something super tough that would be considered a boss at their level while the higher levels get something much stronger.  Award treasure chests (Mimic Sprites or castle treasure) randomly throughout the dungeon and at the end after the MVP is defeated (Or just have their drops be the reward at higher levels), also use them as traps that spawn mobs or turn out to actually be mimics.  Just use maps and dungeons that people are either familiar with or don't even use at all.  The loot can start off simple, lower level cards and gear that would only benefit players of specific range to help them level and a small bit of EXP.  At this point it really shouldn't matter how much we customize Classic, honestly, starting over a game like this is more of a chance to do things right instead of trying to recapture some kind of nostalgia.

#18 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Actually, I am wondering if GM has any idea about post- Satan and new world. I don't like seeing classic server shut down, coz I love it very much. =D

#19 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

Hm, late to the party. iirc the real gamechangers would be glorious gear no?

#20 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

no glorious gear plz!

#21 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

no glorious gear plz!

Agreed

#22 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

This is the PvM thread, we're saving the KVM argument for later guys!

#23 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

should just add SM alrdy and new world, then after that, instead of adding renewal, just keep adding the episode without 3rd class and renewal mechanic. i actually enjoyed killing mamoth pre renewal with its OP summon slave that hits you for 1k dmg with full reduction item.

#24 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Add bio labs 4.

#25 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

When you do implement dimensional gorge, make sure that nothing is wrong with the npcs, mobs, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users