2014 PVE Endgame and New Town Content - Page 6 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2014 PVE Endgame and New Town Content

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

#126 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

I dont think they do.

Keep in mind people who are still not too sure about it. There's people posting like myself who are generally in the "lets make things easier/faster" crowd. None of us have said anything of the sort about KVM. The items and rewards are very time consuming to get and should remain that way.

How are we to know you (as one of the "faster/easier crowd") won't change you minds later on? God Items are supposed to be extremely hard to get yet the community here argues for them to be easier / faster (to a point of minimum effort) and can't accept a bottleneck (hard quest) to slow down the production which would be inevtiable as a side effect of easier/faster god item drops. That was a run on sentance but you get what I mean. 40 str compared to KVM set... it's meant to be hard.

tl;dr: I don't trust you people not to cry about it after it's put in.

Edited by Xellie, 31 July 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#127 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

I farmed a KVM set, glorious ring and 2 katars for my sinx on valk server and that took foreverrrrrrrr. (both katars broke going to +6)

#128 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Isn't that a good idea to make all BGs give the same medals as reward? That way people could choose between playing KVM, Flavius or Tierra and still choose which equipment they want.

That would be necessary to be implemented carefully though. People are just farming Flavius nowadays, no fights at all. With KVM gears in-game that could be a problem.

Sure people do that mostly with items that are easily available and replaceable. The ~13 atk from upgrading past +4 is nowhere near worth it if you start to take away the overupgrade bonuses.

Hrishi posted a little on the last page about upgrade chances and estimated a rough 4000 wins to make a +9 weapon, if you were winning (only winning) every single game and playing 10 games a day (which is about an 1 hour 40 minutes every day) it would take you 400 days to get a +9 weapon on average. This is a lot of time and doesnt even account for any losses you may have along the way, so if you assume 50/50 win/loss you're looking at two years.

I dont think enough people really appreciate how long it takes to get these via normal methods as traditionally on iRO medals have been available and so have unbreakable certs. The bonuses are strong but not without reason.

The only reason I see to not implement KVM is if the GMs cannot or will not prevent any exploits with the gathering of medals. I'm sure BGs/PvP would be much more active as a result and it would reward people for sticking around on the server and encourage people to play outside of their four hours of fun every weekend.

It's not just ~13 atk. After +6, every upgrade gives the weapon a physical damage boost. +9ing it would be a 25% more bonus damage, which is alot already.

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1827/

Well, you are right about the effort needed to make a +9 one, but that does not make them less game breaking. Also agree with you about finding better ways of implementing it to prevent exploits.

#129 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

Well, you are right about the effort needed to make a +9 one, but that does not make them less game breaking. Also agree with you about finding better ways of implementing it to prevent exploits.

Megs, GTB, DR, GR, Tao, etc. are all pretty game breaking and take a lot of effort to obtain as well.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 02 August 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#130 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Isn't that a good idea to make all BGs give the same medals as reward? That way people could choose between playing KVM, Flavius or Tierra and still choose which equipment they want.

That would be necessary to be implemented carefully though. People are just farming Flavius nowadays, no fights at all. With KVM gears in-game that could be a problem.

It's not just ~13 atk. After +6, every upgrade gives the weapon a physical damage boost. +9ing it would be a 25% more bonus damage, which is alot already.

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1827/

No, do not mix BGs with KVM.

And yes I'm aware of those bonuses and you just suggested removing them so I commented that if they're gone, there's almost no reason to be upgrading them because the small amount of attack is not worth the weeks/months it takes to get yourself a single one.

As long as they're implemented without exploits and the way they were intended (no change to the delay, no badges in boxes etc) there's no reason KVM should not be introduced.

#131 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:32 AM

No, do not mix BGs with KVM.

And yes I'm aware of those bonuses and you just suggested removing them so I commented that if they're gone, there's almost no reason to be upgrading them because the small amount of attack is not worth the weeks/months it takes to get yourself a single one.

As long as they're implemented without exploits and the way they were intended (no change to the delay, no badges in boxes etc) there's no reason KVM should not be introduced.

I was talking about the +9 bonuses, the skill stuff. But you guys are right, if KVM be implemented correctly it will be OK.

Anyway, what about the accessory?

Edited by Acowlyte, 03 August 2014 - 06:33 AM.

#132 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

I agree with KVM, but we all seem to be forgetting that it will not be implimented correctly.

#133 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

they can't fix it :D

#134 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

I was talking about the +9 bonuses, the skill stuff. But you guys are right, if KVM be implemented correctly it will be OK.

Anyway, what about the accessory?

Even the accessory is fine for the effort it's supposed to take to get 2 of them. Getting 2 rings is 2400 points, which is 480 wins. That takes a lot of time! Honestly it's like I said earlier, if people actually have to do KvM the right way and farm badges, none of the items will ever be a real problem. However I find it highly unlikely that the older exploits were ever fixed or would be fixed.

Edited by Hrishi, 06 August 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#135 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

They've been handing out free megs, why would they care about people getting the kvm rings by mistake?

#136 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

So Dimensional Gorge happened. What's next? You've said you're working on new training grounds, what are your plans for New World and the things that go along with it?

#137 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

so how bout that new world content hope it comes before the end of 2016. but in all serious how bout a mapped out timeline again on what ur planing or how ur propose to implement content that has been restricted since day 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users