BM future (didnt like what i saw i AV trailer) - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

BM future (didnt like what i saw i AV trailer)

29 replies to this topic

#1 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=96qJM46N0uo

1:16  1:27 . BMs fighting in human form. does this mean that the bear skin for BMs was removed just like sins? D: hopefully not >.<

#2 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

1:16  1:27 . BMs fighting in human form. does this mean that the bear skin for BMs was removed just like sins? D: hopefully not >.<

If I recall correctly, the introduction of BM 1st time in SEA beta they fight in human form as well... But dunno what developers planning lol...

#3 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

if so I am making a bear...err LANCER

#4 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

Maybe they're giving you a non-limiting alternative to fight in human form or to look fancy swinging dat spear around for the trailer.

#5 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

RIP Tomb of Ursa-ris raid video

#6 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

The showed sins in the original opening trailer without werewolf uinicorn form too before so I wouldn't worry too much.

Edited by RavenTDA, 06 December 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#7 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

They initially gave BMs the most awesome weapons, spears (FKING SPEARS MAN, WOW, I WANT) yet forced every BM to trance around in that animal form. I hope BMs get the choice on using form or not seeing as it fits into the future as classes getting more customizations. They could even offer custom animal forms, you can only hope.

Edited by Haboob, 06 December 2013 - 08:33 PM.

#8 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

RIP bears

#9 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

My theories:

1.) They're getting revamped so they can actually use all skills without transforming. The transformations will still give the bonuses they do now, and additional bonuses (to give an incentive to still use them).

2.) Their Master Class transformation makes them appear untransformed, the opposite of all other classes.

3.) They're so overpowered due to the new updates for the class that they no longer even need to transform.

4.) Testers in games are often overpowered, and usually have special types of weapons and armor (for this content, most likely something comparable to twice the stats of a maxed rune Infinity Set from Chaos) to test the content, so they're not required to go all-out, and have the option to do whatever they like based on personal preference. I had all stats raised (actually way beyond what a player could acquire with anything in-game, 901 more points per stat, to be exact, when player stats capped at 99 without bonus stats) in a test server for a game I tested for a GM of that game once, so it's not surprising.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 06 December 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#10 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

3.) They're so overpowered due to the new updates for the class that they no longer even need to transform.

inb4 NERF BEARS thread :heh:

#11 Turniper

Turniper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

If they did take out bear form I think it's to make it more compatible with the guardian transformations that were shown in the video. The classes we saw all got kickass armor so it would seem weird for BMs not to get some in useful mode as well.

#12 Dzonatan

Dzonatan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

Makes sense if you think about it. What was the point of designing and making all those weapons and armor models along with spear attack animations if they end up just being covered by a big pile of bear fur?

#13 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

the name "beastmaster" wouldnt be ideal anymore then... every class has something that gives them their name(wizards using magic, sins attacking from shadows, warriors being veterans of battle, etc) .  "beast"master" as mentioned in the official roguard description mentioned that they "transformed" into powerfull beasts to manifest their abilities and defeat their enemies.

remove that and may as well just call them Lancers since there is nothing worth for to recive the beastmaster name

Edited by ArukaX, 07 December 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#14 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

Honestly when I first heard "beastmaster" it'd an archer class specializing in controlling animals like wolves and eagles. Instead you have the fuzzy bear and tigers we're all used to.

So now they're lancers with master jobs? I don't understand. (ala Kyubey)

#15 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

You were never a beast master though. You were a person that changed into a beast and looked silly. It's a shame that such nice looking gear sets only ever get seen after BMs get killed...

I'm sure they'll add your bear forms but It would be nice if they had the a visual toggle.

#16 vatters

vatters

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

I would rather fight in human form but have my bear form be a cooldown (or other form for DPS cooldown). It would take advantage of our rather interesting armor and awesome attack animations. It would be nice to leave bear form as an option for those who enjoy it, though. 

#17 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

If they did take out bear form I think it's to make it more compatible with the guardian transformations that were shown in the video. The classes we saw all got kickass armor so it would seem weird for BMs not to get some in useful mode as well.

I think that the Master Transformation will actually temporarily grant a power (assuming master transformations are temporary) that is even greater than the Beast transformations, and could very well be a combination of all three (DPS, Main Tank, Movement Speed).

This could also point to a restructure of the class entirely, though.

However, I'm still leaning on my Game Tester theory, that they were just given overpowered buffs (seems to be massive Haste, massive Vigor, and Invincibility).

the name "beastmaster" wouldnt be ideal anymore then... every class has something that gives them their name(wizards using magic, sins attacking from shadows, warriors being veterans of battle, etc) .  "beast"master" as mentioned in the official roguard description mentioned that they "transformed" into powerfull beasts to manifest their abilities and defeat their enemies.

remove that and may as well just call them Lancers since there is nothing worth for to recive the beastmaster name

Hunters used to control animals, if I remember correctly. It would make more sense for you to be able to summon the Beasts for a duration of time, and for them to actually fight for you. Tigers could run fast, and potentially be the fastest DPS in the game (if you spec them correctly). It might even be an interesting system to level your pets/summons alongside you. The issue is the same one posed by RO1 Homunculi, though; botting. However, if they simply prevent AI modification programs similar to those used in RO1, then it shouldn't be a major issue. If people are going to bot; they're going to do it with or without artificial pet AI.

They brought the pet system in, so I think it's time for Beastmasters to return to their roots anyway.

Basically, it would be nice to see your 3 Beast Summons be able to level alongside you, you be able to choose their stats, and even have them have their own skills and skill tree (the use of said random skills would be based on random AI). This would be severely complicated, though. Even to dumb it down, you could have 3-5 distinct skills specific to the individual Beast Summon, and they gain a skill every 10 levels. It could even be made to where you can only have one Beast Summon (similar to the RO1 Homunculus System).

#18 Turniper

Turniper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

If they take out the "beast" forms then they'll probably implement them in the master class skills somehow. 

#19 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

I think its just for the shows, all the BM did in the video was a single skill spinnig his lance above his head before returning to the stand by... I don't think that shows EVERYTHING about the BM class in the Master Form...

Then again you might be a Trent

treeman.jpg

Edited by Leinzan, 07 December 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#20 Nasca

Nasca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Something that I noticed. It seems that the forms are shared among classes that originate from the same branch.

According to this http://www.playragna...ews/article/161 by comparing the Priest Image with the Monk transforming in the video.

Warriors and Knights sharing the armored form.

Rangers and Beast Masters sharing the dryad form.

Assassins and Rogues sharing the form similar to Lucille's (first thing that came to mind)

Priests and Monks sharing the Tyrael form. (someone mentioned the similarity)

Wizards and Sorcerers sharing the off-looking belt(?) form.

Pure speculation from my own part, but if it's true, I have to say I'm dissapointed. I would have hoped for each class to have their own unique Master form, not something shared from their class branch. It kills that sense of Individuality of our characters.

#21 Turniper

Turniper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

Something that I noticed. It seems that the forms are shared among classes that originate from the same branch.

According to this http://www.playragna...ews/article/161 by comparing the Priest Image with the Monk transforming in the video.

Warriors and Knights sharing the armored form.

Rangers and Beast Masters sharing the dryad form.

Assassins and Rogues sharing the form similar to Lucille's (first thing that came to mind)

Priests and Monks sharing the Tyrael form. (someone mentioned the similarity)

Wizards and Sorcerers sharing the off-looking belt(?) form.

Pure speculation from my own part, but if it's true, I have to say I'm dissapointed. I would have hoped for each class to have their own unique Master form, not something shared from their class branch. It kills that sense of Individuality of our characters.

I think it's based on your job based on the two different warriors in the post. So while T1 classes have the same general form in terms of shape, the style will be based on your job so the dryad looking rangers probably are both chefs

Edited by Turniper, 07 December 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#22 Xerain

Xerain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

What I'd like to see is Bear = Tank form, Spear = DPS form.

The spears are really cool and a viable human form spear build really should be possible.

On the other hand bears are also cool and viable bear all the time builds should be possible.

Presently there are skills that can only be used in bear form, but no skills that can only be used in human form. So it would be nice if there was a new human form exclusive skills tha really boosts a BM's DPS. Addionally the Bear form woudl get a new form exclusive skills that makes them much better tanks. (So I guess some skill the jumps up their def and generates a lot of threat? Or Maybe a passive skill than increases def proportional to HP lost.)

Edited by Xerain, 08 December 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Honestly, this is what I envisioned when I heard Hunters got remade into Beastmasters.

Beastmaster+series.jpg

But instead Beastmasters are actually this.

Pooh+bear+pictures+winnie+the+pooh+PoohB

#24 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

I think it's based on your job based on the two different warriors in the post. 

The colours look more like gender differentiation to me, probably because we won't be able to see boobs on the female form.

#25 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Honestly, this is what I envisioned when I heard Hunters got remade into Beastmasters.

Beastmaster+series.jpg

But instead Beastmasters are actually this.

Pooh+bear+pictures+winnie+the+pooh+PoohB

You would like that huh tigrees, some bare chested beastmasters.

mmmhmm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users