Q&A for Sneak Peek Livestream 2 - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Q&A for Sneak Peek Livestream 2

37 replies to this topic

#1 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

The second Advent of Valkyrie Sneak Peek Livestream will be held this Friday, 12/13. This stream will be focusing on Master Levels. 

When: Friday, 12/13 at 5:00 pm

Where: Twitch.tv/warpportal

Please submit your questions regarding the Advent of Valkyrie update here. We will be selecting a few to answer. 

Please, no repeat questions. Read all questions before you post. 

Enjoy!

#2 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

Are Master jobs temporary transformations or are they toggles like Shadow Form and the Beastmaster forms?

#3 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

What are the names of the 4 bosses that were mentioned to be in the Tomb of Osiris? We know Osiris is one of them. The names of the others seemed kinda blurry to see clearly in the last livestream that showcased them.

#4 Fenriels

Fenriels

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

It seems to me that there would be certain gears only a Master Class can wear. Ex. Axe for Master Knight.

With that in mind, are there gears Master Classes can NOT wear?

#5 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

What are the names of the 4 bosses that were mentioned to be in the Tomb of Osiris? We know Osiris is one of them. The names of the others seemed kinda blurry to see clearly in the last livestream that showcased them.

Set is the guy who kinda looks like Imotep from The Mummy movie. He's also the brother of Osiris, apparently ( http://playragnarok2...ews/article/159 ).

Anubis is the Anubis-looking one (not trying to be a smart-ass, just the only way I can think of to explain it).

Gregorshema is the other one that was in the green-glassy area.

My questions:

Not even sure if these things are coming in December or not, but it would be nice to at least have some information on them...

Can we have more details about weapons changing color per upgrade? It was mentioned a while back, but I've not seen any new information on it.  This one was addressed in the stream, and is supposedly an elemental enchantment visual effect.

Can we get a decent idea on what the plans are to rebalance the Monk and Beastmaster classes so that we can give some feedback on the changes?

The Noel classes are like any other class when it was new; subject to change. Many of the other classes went through an insane amount of changes since their creation. There has been a rumor floating around that neither of the two branch classes turned out as intended, and that they'll be getting completely rebalanced as a result of that, possibly even completely redesigned (skill-wise). Can we get some information regarding this?

Will there be any continuation of the Noel storyline? I ask this, mainly because of the fact that I found it far more interesting than the rest of the storyline, just due to the fact that it seemed more in-depth, and seemed to have more thought and effort put into it.

Assuming new pets will be added with the new monsters that will most likely come with the Morroc Patch:

Will the max level increase beyond 4 eventually?

Will the cool-down decrease beyond 30 seconds eventually?

Will the requirement for level 4 and the 30 second cool-down ever change again (since it's already changed once)?

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 08 December 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#6 Pharol

Pharol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Can we have more information for the Noel Master Classes, please?

#7 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

Will Teleport(wizard skill) be Removed??? im in love with that skill :<

#8 8240130513123809593

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

So Beastmaster's will have the same Master Class form as the Ranger Class?

#9 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

These master class transformations, seem like they make noels less unique.

What changes will be made to noels?

Most Sm i have talked with want their Matk back, that was nerfed a few patches ago.

They really need more matk to support a raid better.

Can you make Crucio castable while moving for Cres?

Land of Darkness while a good move on paper, misses half the time can you fix this?

With the changes made to status ailments sleep doesn't work on a lot of mobs, and adds.

like Baphomet JR. (it would be great if status ailments worked on RM's turtles since they

are adds)

Edited by NuwaChan, 10 December 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#10 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

* I assume this update is the "class balancing" we were told we would see in December. Since it has been pushed back some, what will be coming with December 18th? Will it just be the bug fixes (which are nice!! lots of fixes, yesss) and the holiday events, or will we see some new non-event context/tweaks as well?

I did say I'd bring these up again, too. I did not hear them addressed :p_swt: Though, I guess maybe the one event giving a skill reset scroll might mean #2 is a no.

Thought of two more..

* I know Large Bags are a huge issue, and you're sick of hearing them - but I never saw a reply to this in the recent thread. Is there any chance of being able to receive Starter Packs to the mailboxes of all characters created before they were implemented?

* With the master class system, will there be a free skill reset?

#11 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Most Sm i have talked with want their Matk, that was nerfed a few patches ago

back.They really need more matk to support a raid better.

Soulmakers had a bug with their Magic Power, just like Crecentias did with their Attack Power. Soulmaker Magic Power was equal to the Magic Power of a Priest, point-for-point on the weapon comparison (Soul Doll + Soul Handle was of equal Magic Power to an equal level Priest weapon). It wasn't just your Magic Power, either. From what I've heard, your Defense, Int, and Agility were equal to that of a Priest, though, I'm not sure which of those stats were raised, and which were lowered, once the changes were made. Your Vitality was equal to that of a Sorcerer, so I'm not sure if that's changed, either, since Crecentia Vitality being equivalent to that of a Monk never changed.

If they brought back that bug, then it would cause issues. Besides reviving a bug that could cause other bugs just for existing (bugs cause other bugs, which is why they tend to fix them in a certain order), it would piss off a lot of Crecentias that lost a lot of Strength, Agility, and Attack Power, and our Defense Rate was cut in half, because their Warrior Stats were removed. We still have the Vitality of Monks, though, point-for-point, and a pretty high Defense Rate.

Your Magic Power was nerfed by 100-200 points, just on the weapon. Crecentias got an overall nerf on their Str, Agi, Attack Power, and Defense Rate when they fixed the bug. We no longer have Agi, which sucks, but our class is now as it was intended, stat-wise. I'm pretty sure Soulmaker Magic Power is as it should be, as well.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 09 December 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#12 BlueTrainer

BlueTrainer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

Question:

1: Is that will be a new skill specialty for Master Level mode? how many skill for each class?
2: Will Melee Class especially tank class had some sorta slowing down skill? , usually sometime malee tank became "punching beg" from long range?

#13 Turniper

Turniper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

Will there be more crafting recipes for master chefs/alchemists/artisans/blacksmiths? And if so, then will they be super rare like the current epic crafts?

What sort of new attack will each class have? Will these be addable into our rotations or will they there be long cd and high damage ultimate type moves?

#14 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

Are Master jobs temporary transformations or are they toggles like Shadow Form and the Beastmaster forms?

^ this

------------------------------------------------------

• is it possible to hide those helmet/headgears that are visible on transformations .... monk/priest light/good trans "alien" helmet creeps me D:

• monk and priest (same goes for other classes) share the same trans model or there will be visible differences (beside weapons ofc)?

• do wee need to spend skill points to unlock dark/light transformations, like awake:darkness (Cres)/awake: soulmate (SM) or we will get them for free from quest/smth else?

on trailer we can see that monks SADLY still wear their *cough* weapon on right hand instead on both hands like assassins (claws/katars)/rogues (dual daggers)

BUT

Unique equipment, skills and going over the normal limits of your class are all options available using the newly earned mastery points, which replace EXP for Master Level characters.

• so are there any chance that Monks will be FINALLY able to wear two/dual wield gauntlets if we, for example pick darkness/shadow master level path and unlock new type of weapon? on trailer we see that Knights can use axes so why not give monks new more badass weapons or let them use both ARMED hand to fight

for example

light/good path = titanic gauntlets (like those big gauntlets from trailer that look like rock) that give special defensive bonuses

darkness/shadow path = dual wielding gauntlets that give special offensive bonuses

• will monks get self-healing skill or useful self&party 30 minute buff or more hard CC skills?

• RO2: Advent of Valkyrie... when? late December (BIG Christmas present)? February? March (not good idea since certain hack&slash game will get new expansion that time)? second half of next year? 2030? ...?

Edited by Lukiner, 11 December 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#15 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

Will there be new cards coming out with the new dungeon? Also new cards set?

#16 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

on trailer we can see that monks SADLY still wear their *cough* weapon on right hand instead on both hands like assassins (claws/katars)/rogues (dual daggers)

• so are there any chance that Monks will be FINALLY able to wear two/dual wield gauntlets if we, for example pick darkness/shadow master level path and unlock new type of weapon? on trailer we see that Knights can use axes so why not give monks new more badass weapons or let them use both ARMED hand to fight

If you played RO1 you will know that monks there also only used 1 fist. I don't really see why you'd want a 2nd fist. And no, knights won't use axes. That's just how that sword looks. As far as I know, all classes will use the same type of weapon they have always used. Besides, if they did do that, don't you think axe would be better suited for warrior?

#17 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

Will there be new cards coming out with the new dungeon? Also new cards set?

I just got the Ungoliant set a little while ago, I don't wanna think about new cards...

#18 Nostus

Nostus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

If you played RO1 you will know that monks there also only used 1 fist. I don't really see why you'd want a 2nd fist. And no, knights won't use axes. That's just how that sword looks. As far as I know, all classes will use the same type of weapon they have always used. Besides, if they did do that, don't you think axe would be better suited for warrior?

In RO1 Rogues weilded Bows, Swords and Daggers while Assassins weilded Katars and Double Daggers. I think its safe to say using RO1 as a comparison to RO2 isn't very accurate when discussing weapons.

#19 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

yup I played RO1 and you know what? Monks used claws as their weapons .... dun dun dun suddenly only Assassins can use them in RO2 and hey they can also duel wield them :o suddenly monks are too weak to dual wield simple weapons even if their bodies are suppose to strong and they must be skilled in close combat? Gravity kinda failed here hard

from what I read once in that the big monk thread: people mentioned that in very early (beta?) stages of RO2 (Legend of the Second
ofc), monks dual wielded REAL badass fist weapons/gauntlets but for some weird trolololol reason Gravity in "final" gave them those arm/wrist things just for right arm/hand

also since this is Q&A thread another quesion (so my post won't be offtop :P):

• will that mount selling NPC gonna get something new or still he will sell only that simple peco peco mount?
  • any new methods of fast travelling between maps (good old kafra teleport from RO1)?

Edited by Lukiner, 11 December 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#20 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

yup I played RO1 and you know what? Monks used claws as their weapons .... dun dun dun suddenly only Assassins can use them in RO2 and hey they can also duel wield them :o suddenly monks are too weak to dual wield simple weapons even if their bodies are suppose to strong and they must be skilled in close combat? Gravity kinda failed here hard

They were called claws but only 1-2 of the weapons were actually claws. The rest were like fists. I don't see why you're arguing against them using 1 weapon when that's how they've always have been.

#21 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

The weapons were Knuckles (majorly Knuckle Dusters, of varying types). The weapons we have now are more like charms, bracelets, and rosaries, which I guess is due to the original RO1 concept art, but seriously; why remove the Knuckle Dusters?

RO1 Concept Art for Monks:

Spoiler

This point you're making is also invalid considering they were also able to use Maces, which could inflict far more powerful damage at the cost of attack speed, and they were able to use a shield in RO1. All classes in RO1 had far more utility and versatility than they do now.

In RO2: Legend of the Second, in early Beta, they were able to wield 2 Gauntlets, not Fists, Knuckles, or Claws. These were rather large, and they also (supposedly) had the option to wear a shield, as did most classes (excluding classes with an off-hand already). Assassins, Rogues, and Monks had the option to use 2 weapons, and could mix and match whichever options they wanted.

After restructure, the Assassin weapons and Rogue weapons became a single weapon that was still duel-wield. Their Attack Power and stat bonuses stayed the same as it would have been using two of the same weapons of the same level.

The difference with Monks is that our Attack Power didn't stay the same as it would have been with two weapons (unlike it did for Rogues and Assassins), even though the bonus stats did. I'm still not sure why that was changed. Their Attack Power, from what I've seen, used to be only around 20% less than that of a Warrior.

Besides weapon changes, we also used to be able to heal in RO1, and early on in RO2, as seen on this Monk (who still has the Heal skill even after becoming a Monk):

Certain Monk monsters that still remain in this game use Maces and Flails, so it still makes me wonder why the option was removed for Monks.

I do think that Monks, Rogues, Knights, and Assassins got more screwed over than the other classes due to their loss of utility and versatility in comparison to the other classes between RO1 and RO2. With all of the Monk skills that were removed, though, they were probably affected greater than the others.

Assassins lost their EDP, their weapon versatility (especially status debuff weapons, and arrows for Grimtooth), and the ability to hide in battle. Rogues lost an ability to hit from a range, sure, but Monks lost the ability to deal heavy DPS (not even talking about Guillotine Fist, here), to be secondary support, and to be a Main Tank. They lost all of their utility while other tanks gained even more from the transfer. Knights got screwed out of a lot of Crusader skills, but their skills, some Priest skills, and Soul Linker skills basically went into making Soulmakers.

They were called claws but only 1-2 of the weapons were actually claws. The rest were like fists. I don't see why you're arguing against them using 1 weapon when that's how they've always have been.

Most of them were universally categorized as Knuckles (varying types of Knuckle Dusters). What we have now are bracelets, rosaries, and something similar to Knuckle Dusters. There's no denying that Monk weapons are of poor design, even though I do personally find a few of them to be quite beautiful in appearance.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 11 December 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#22 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Most of them were universally categorized as Knuckles (varying types of Knuckle Dusters). What we have now are bracelets, rosaries, and something similar to Knuckle Dusters. There's no denying that Monk weapons are of poor design, even though I do personally find a few of them to be quite beautiful in appearance.

Right right. I'm disappointed in myself for forgetting they were called knuckles T-T

#23 1214681284

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:odin

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hi I noticed knights were using axe during the trailer how about considering a lance? I think for a knight this would suit them well with the range combined with shield would be a truly tank class.

#24 lightning143

lightning143

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be 

I have a question if you noticed in 1:25 the wizard cast or throwed 2 fireballs at the enemy does it mean the wizard class will have a skills remodel? coz explosion skill of the wizard class is also throwing fireballs but the player is flying while throwing the 2 fireballs but in the video the wiz class didnt fly at all...i would be happy if your gonna remodel or add some skills to the wiz class coz its so boring back RO1 many players want to play as wiz because it has lot of damaging spells but for this game wiz really sucks for a small variety of skills and its literally boring!!

#25 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

With all the changes coming out can we get a stat reset scroll to redo our builds? (Since the logged on event gives a skill reset we should be good there).

How will unlocking Master classes work? Will we need to complete raids or will it be grinding mobs?

Edited by LadyRava, 12 December 2013 - 09:36 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users