Patch Notes v. 494 - Server Maintenance at 2:00PM PDT! 12/12/2013! - Page 4 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v. 494 - Server Maintenance at 2:00PM PDT! 12/12/2013!

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#76 8222130529035607357

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

I'm not seeing the pink dragon among the choices in IM, or did I just overlook it? What name does it go under? Thanks.

#77 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

I'm not seeing the pink dragon among the choices in IM, or did I just overlook it? What name does it go under? Thanks.

I believe it is red dragon that get reward from doing quest on Dragonis Peak. 3 medal + 4k honor point

#78 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

The honor point gain of premium accounts appears to be bugged.

Rather than the cap of honor being increased by 50%, honor gain is even further increased by 50%.

So now you see people earning 360 honor points in CD, which is going to crash the price of honor points.

Honor gains from Premium bonuses are given after the cap is applied, as it has always done. If a Premium player got 300 Honor, their 20% bonus would give them 60 Honor, which adds to the 300 they got from playing, making a total of 360 Honor.  While that has been the behavior applied up until now, it is at least worth considering whether or not it should continue to work this way with the introduction of a premium cap which considerably raises the maximum potential points - we'll keep you posted if anything is due to change.

Edited by Genesis, 13 December 2013 - 05:48 AM.

#79 plushmush

plushmush

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:52 AM

does christmas even ON now? or not yet?

#80 Dutcheagle

Dutcheagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWay high up in the clouds╭∩╮(︶︿︶メ)
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

does christmas even ON now? or not yet?

Yes you can do your christmas quests now.

#81 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

Honor gains from Premium bonuses are given after the cap is applied, as it has always done. If a Premium player got 300 Honor, their 20% bonus would give them 60 Honor, which adds to the 300 they got from playing, making a total of 360 Honor.  While that has been the behavior applied up until now, it is at least worth considering whether or not it should continue to work this way with the introduction of a premium cap which considerably raises the maximum potential points - we'll keep you posted if anything is due to change.

Ah now it makes sense. I thought the cap meant that the maximum honor you could have on your character at one time would be increased.

So if I understand this correctly, premium users can earn (20% bonus not yet applied) 50% more than non premium users, but in return also have to get a better score in order to get past the 200 (cap for non premium users) point reward?

#82 Draquora

Draquora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

Where do I start this new christmas event?

#83 plushmush

plushmush

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:01 AM

Yes you can do your christmas quests now.

uuhm. may i know where to start the quest sir?

#84 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

Talk to the NPC Eva near the Junonpolis Gate and start your fun. Take a minute to read the entire dialogue as well, before you start running off.

#85 plushmush

plushmush

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

thank you thank... ^^

#86 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

Checked a few things on my dual raider for a first impression.

First of, the sped up animations and cooldown decrease are a GODSEND, thank you Leo.

There's just one thing that bothers me at first sight. It's regarding evasive guard/mirror phantasm.

It seems the game now views these as passives when activated (probably you guys did this to bypass the buff overlapping, as passives can stack with eachother no problem).

The problem about this being viewed as a passive is that it now only stacks on your base stats, compared to a buff, which is based on your base, equipment and passive bonuses.

Was this intentional?

Personally I think that rather than the 50%, you should just use the flat part that was based on charm, like this even if it's a passive, it'll still stay the same value.

Yes, it was intentional, and that is exactly what's happening. You are being given a timed passive. The thing about this is, is that buffs will increase that end value further so it's a multiplicative on a multiplicative, making it potentially more powerful in the end when combined with buffs.

As for the straight stat, even if that were to be left, it would still cause an issue of overriding and non-stacking ability, when it came to status effect buffs. The % rate, combined with the changes for dodge and equipment allows for higher values, in the end. But it is still based on build and gear.

Genesis responded about some other things mentioned up to this point. :)

#87 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

Yes, it was intentional, and that is exactly what's happening. You are being given a timed passive. The thing about this is, is that buffs will increase that end value further so it's a multiplicative on a multiplicative, making it potentially more powerful in the end when combined with buffs.

As for the straight stat, even if that were to be left, it would still cause an issue of overriding and non-stacking ability, when it came to status effect buffs. The % rate, combined with the changes for dodge and equipment allows for higher values, in the end. But it is still based on build and gear.

Thanks for the clarification, it makes some more sense now.

I'll get back to giving feedback on how effective it is once my dual raider is pvp-worthy.

#88 jacobpalmer

jacobpalmer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

I am not sure where feedback is given regarding the update but I presume it is here, I must say the changes to Mirror Phantasm and Evasive Guard have only made dodge weaker for dual raiders now, because of the charm I had my Evasive Guard gave something like 50% + 800, now I only get 50%? 

I had hoped the dodge/acc balance would favour raiders, but for duals, in a pvp scenario at least, I am now weaker, 50% + 800 sounds like a lot, but even with Magical J7's, Glor rap (15) classes still hit me with very little effort. 

Edited to add: I appreciate the new system of applying the "buff" works well and in a war scenario makes a dual raider stronger (Although any class with this new buff system benefits) I believe the evasive should have retained the number amount on the buff, after all, even if I had 8k dodge people would still hit me and its only 20 seconds...

Edited by jacobpalmer, 13 December 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#89 Sorotobi

Sorotobi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

the critical accordance is not in the new update. i believe it was supposed to be fixed at the same time with berserk since they have the same issue which is to stack with normal buff (cleric buff). or is it fixed already? or dev team still looking in this matter? thanks :)

#90 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Due to the change in Accuracy and Dodge, we have given the following as of December 13, 14:00 (-8 UTC)

Upon logging in:

• Every character have been flagged to receive the 24 hour Stat Reset Skill.
  • All job classes have been flagged to receive the 24 hour Job Skill Reset Skill.
  • All job classes have been flagged to receive the 24 Unique Skill Reset. (Please note, this is skill is a one time use or until the timer runs out)

#91 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

the critical accordance is not in the new update. i believe it was supposed to be fixed at the same time with berserk since they have the same issue which is to stack with normal buff (cleric buff). or is it fixed already? or dev team still looking in this matter? thanks :)

Still looking in to it balance wise, because there are other options available to us that we may opt for instead of what it currently provides.

#92 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

Good update. I probably won't get a chance to login to check it out until Wednesday though. I have two questions:

• Was the self buff 'cannot be overlapped' bug fixed? The changes to Berserk and Mirror Phantasm/Evasive guard work around this and work well but if the bug is still around, other classes such as mages/clerics can't use their additional damage buff (Mental Focus), as well as Bourgeois spontaneous buffs as well. 

• Was the queueing bug fixed? When you are queued for multiple Game Arena games at once, and one initiates you immediately get kicked and it consumes energy.

#93 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

How the skills work now, is they learn a temporary passive skill, which will stack with class passives and also be boosted further by buffs, making them potentially very powerful in the end. These passives have no problems with overlapping, but they are also not considered a "buff" in the same sense, as the status system. Because of this, static values would not be influenced by charm or stats. But as I mentioned, the flip side is, buffs enhance the temp-passive effect further, so the outcome can be much greater in the end.

Not all skills were treated, only the major ones that were brought up most. Consider this a trial to see the impact behind how it changes things and we'll take it one step at a time. If this style of mechanics works out well, we may continue to do the same to other skills with similar intention of design behind them.

The queue system was not corrected, nothing mentioned in the patch notes. We're not able to get to all the issues we're aware of in the timeline we have generally set for us, for certain events, holidays and updates. Bugs are fixed as quickly as possible when able. Genesis is very much aware of it and will do his best to find and fix the problem when time allows.

#94 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

With the update, I really don't notice any different to the accuracy and dodge. I gained more dodge and lost some accuracy, but overall it seems i'm still hitting and getting hit at the same rate. Personally I think right now most classes are very balanced. 

Also personally, I don't think it was necessary to raise the point cap to 200 in CD. I also think clerics get too much points for healing. Take away the points from healing the crystal, because sometimes clerics just afk and bot healing the crystal. (Also earlier, some champs just stand in the middle and bot AOE as well....)

Draconis Peaks and Akram arena are still never being queued for. Even with people shouting to queue for it, no one seems to care.

#95 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Also personally, I don't think it was necessary to raise the point cap to 200 in CD. I also think clerics get too much points for healing. Take away the points from healing the crystal, because sometimes clerics just afk and bot healing the crystal. (Also earlier, some champs just stand in the middle and bot AOE as well....)

Draconis Peaks and Akram arena are still never being queued for. Even with people shouting to queue for it, no one seems to care.

The healing threshold will be looked into for adjustment so it's more comparable to effort in achieving.

But it hasn't even been 24 hours or even the weekend yet, for the other modes. Why not give it a chance and let the change sink in a bit before thinking they won't get attention. If people are shouting to join them, there's attention to do them.

#96 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

Dragon Peak has been played already in Dragonis Server. I already got 2 medal now. It is shown when I got quest complete but idk how to check. Now I only need to farm 4k honor point. People seem to play Dragonis only when that today is Dragonis quest. And now they just got free reset again. So it will be a bit slow until they are done re-adjspusting their build.

Everything seem good to me. After champ got berserk back, some champs seem to be able to beat xbow scout alone.

Anyway Leonis, How do I check that how many medal I get from finishing Dragonis Peak quest?

#97 craps

craps

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGermany, Cologne

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

referring the accuracy & dodge balances.

(to say this first i tried to test on pegasus, but i felt like i was the only one who joined of draco)
This update, I think, is doing the completely wrong way. The stats went up, but in the background, the effect of accuracy is like it got doubled. Now much lower accuracy is needed to hit that higher dodge. I dont think its mentioned that way.

i just tested a pvp with a champ. the champ had 1k accuracy and i had 3.7k dodge. he hit me almost every single hit... we tested again, 4.7k dodge against 872accuracy.. still almost every hit hits...

its not the melee attack, every single skill hits. so skills are not based on accuracy anymore

Edited by craps, 14 December 2013 - 01:02 AM.

#98 aceva01

aceva01

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

Is the event costume has drop chance and exp bonuses?

#99 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

referring the accuracy & dodge balances.

i just tested a pvp with a champ. the champ had 1k accuracy and i had 3.7k dodge. he hit me almost every single hit... we tested again, 4.7k dodge against 872accuracy.. still almost every hit hits...

its not the melee attack, every single skill hits. so skills are not based on accuracy anymore

Yep. I agree. I was the champ that test with his raider. I use non accu set to with dodge raider with a few miss. What I notice is almost every single skill I hit has low chance to miss. My champ skill to dodge raider and hit every skill. That obvious.

Leonis, please check

Thank you in advance

Edit: I re check. All skill hit now never miss. On normal hit seem to be fine. But not skill hit

Edited by FireJin, 14 December 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#100 BarbieChi

BarbieChi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

I agree with craps and FireJin, there must be sumthing bug about the dodge or accuracy maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users