Patch Notes v. 494 - Server Maintenance at 2:00PM PDT! 12/12/2013! - Page 5 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v. 494 - Server Maintenance at 2:00PM PDT! 12/12/2013!

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#101 Draquora

Draquora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

I have two questions

Are the reindeer mounts permanent or will they go away after the event has ended?

On my first 2 characters I did the event with I recieved 200 premium Points. Why did I get them? I didn't get any on any of my other characters. I'm not complaining, just curious.

#102 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

The reindeer is permanent. For mounts that are there a limited time, you can right click on them I believe to see how much time is left on them :)

#103 Draquora

Draquora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

Thank you

#104 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:39 AM

Inflation is part of a growing economy and Leonis is the older sever.  obviously your zulie will be worth less there

#105 PhOuDaI

PhOuDaI

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

please i have a question i have almost 2 stack of the valor to honor points and few hundreds of the valor to energy coins before the patch update and now they are all gone.

Edited by PhOuDaI, 14 December 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#106 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

please i have a question i have almost 2 stack of the valor to honor points and few hundreds of the valor to energy coins before the patch update and now they are all gone.

Oh no! Our support team can assist you. Submit a ticket here!

#107 PhOuDaI

PhOuDaI

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

ok ty ShazamO

#108 Arckadia

Arckadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Conversion Items

"Honor > Valor" & "Valor > Honor" item types, have been updated and will not instantly consume upon purchase, instead of going to your inventory as an item, as we had originally intended for it to do. We hope this helps with any confusion and with the convenience use of this conversion process in the Honor and Valor shops.

Additionally, if you have any of these items in your inventory, they will automatically consume and credit the conversion, on login.

It seems a bit contracditory for me.

I bought these conversion items before and they were going to my inventory, but now they are automatically consumed.

#109 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

referring the accuracy & dodge balances.

(to say this first i tried to test on pegasus, but i felt like i was the only one who joined of draco)
This update, I think, is doing the completely wrong way. The stats went up, but in the background, the effect of accuracy is like it got doubled. Now much lower accuracy is needed to hit that higher dodge. I dont think its mentioned that way.

i just tested a pvp with a champ. the champ had 1k accuracy and i had 3.7k dodge. he hit me almost every single hit... we tested again, 4.7k dodge against 872accuracy.. still almost every hit hits...

its not the melee attack, every single skill hits. so skills are not based on accuracy anymore

I tested mage (1469 accu) v scout (3.1k dodge) and mage v raider (4.1k dodge). All of my skills hit the scout, even without my 5%+313 dodge down aoe. For mage v raider, the raider dropped me down to 899 accu, while I dropped him down to about 3.6k dodge. I was still hitting him with most of my skills. With this, if a raider doesn't use stealth, I can kill him before he can even graze me since my skill will take down 2-6khp. Even with stealth and camo, I can pretty much kill (with perhaps a little running) the raider. Or it's a very close match, at least. Haven't played a class that uses melee attack a lot in a while, so not sure if melee would miss a lot more with such an accu/dodge difference. 

I bought these conversion items before and they were going to my inventory, but now they are automatically consumed.

I think it's meant to be "NOW" not "NOT" heh. But it's nice that honor->valor/valor->honor is consumed immediately. However, it is not so nice that honor/valor->ga energy is consumed automatically since we like to stock up on stacks of those. If we want those stacks back, I suppose we'd need to submit a ticket? But then they'd just disappear again..

#110 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

Just a Friendly reminder: No Bots are allowed in ROSE Online.

I literally banned over 20 accounts in the past 2 days due to players using an auto-attack bot or auto-pick up(or Both).

So don't do it.

#111 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Thanks, corrected the typo - it should have been 'now' instead of 'not'.  The items were updated to consume automatically when purchased.

#112 Gunthar

Gunthar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

Checked a few things on my dual raider for a first impression.

First of, the sped up animations and cooldown decrease are a GODSEND, thank you Leo.

There's just one thing that bothers me at first sight. It's regarding evasive guard/mirror phantasm.

It seems the game now views these as passives when activated (probably you guys did this to bypass the buff overlapping, as passives can stack with eachother no problem).

The problem about this being viewed as a passive is that it now only stacks on your base stats, compared to a buff, which is based on your base, equipment and passive bonuses.

Was this intentional?

Personally I think that rather than the 50%, you should just use the flat part that was based on charm, like this even if it's a passive, it'll still stay the same value.

@leo: along with jerremy's comments here are some of my feedback regarding (evasive guard/mirror phantasm):

having it as a separate buff, makes the effect of the charm stat inconsistent (because it doesnt affect the buff).
Granted it does give a static value if thats what you were aiming for, but then it beats the purpose of a character build that is investing stat points in charm to increase the value of its buff.

My suggestion would be then, if i may, is to make it as a separate actual buff like the knight's guard/protection.

Having said that, 50% looks a bit too high [or is it?] of an addition (as a static value) in both dodge and defense. So to keep things consistent, why not make the percentage be based of from charm like a regular buff. (of course the values are not for me to decide).

Overall, why not base the dodge buff (evasive guard/mirror phantasm) from charm? afterall if one really invests in charm to get high dodge, isnt the lack of stat points in other areas already enough of a trade of of having such high dodge?

Edited by Gunthar, 14 December 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#113 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

I literally banned over 20 accounts in the past 2 days due to players using an auto-attack bot or auto-pick up(or Both).

So don't do it.

Wipes tear from cheek "I love you man"

#114 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

So don't do it.

:)

#115 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

So don't do it.

Thanks alot ShazamO!

#116 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

So don't do it.

This guy is just awesome! Thanks Shaz! *hugs the stuffing out of him* :kis:

#117 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Server:Server? Nope

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

So don't do it.

YOU SIR are a godsend and thank you for that shazamo we as a community do appreciate the effort greatly

on a side note if you need a watchdog to maybe PM you in game where botters are set up or something (making it a real time observation) i will gladly volunteer my services to you for the nominal fee of a slightly less bot infested rose =)

Edited by Dr0Vamp, 15 December 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#118 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

Unique Skills
(PvP) Mana Break

• MP Cost reduced by 60MP (160MP to 100MP)
  • Cooldown reduced by 6.5 seconds (10 seconds to 3.5)
  • Cast animation speed increased.

This makes me uncomfortable.

#119 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

I agree with Jer, I don't see why the manabreak cooldown got reduced, I can get the mana cost, no biggy it's just to popp a blue pot, but I felt like mages are already stealing mana like crazed.. 

Although I agree upon all cast animation speeds that were increased, you guys should increase more casting speeds for mages, there's some spells that you honestly get stuck in the air with, it's not so pleasant to play mage as it happens.

Edited by DigitalKitten, 15 December 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#120 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Server:Server? Nope

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

I like how not one, but 5 people quoted that post. Can everyone please learn about how to make a spoiler =_= ... We get it, no bots.. great woo.

I agree with Jer though, I don't see why the manabreak cooldown got reduced, I can get the mana cost, no biggy it's just to popp a blue pot, but I felt like mages are already stealing mana like crazed.. 

Although I agree upon all cast animation speeds that were increased, you guys should increase more casting speeds for mages, there's some spells that you honestly get stuck in the air with, it's not so pleasant to play mage as it happens.

seriously? i mean its not like it was a wall of text or a huge picture or something...i mean did it REALLY disrupt your forum viewing pleasure that a few of us quoted that post? why should we have to put it in a spoiler just b/c you don't like that we quoted it a few times?

come on dani was that something you honestly had to complain about?

back to the topic at hand:

i do agree that it seems accuracy has surpassed dodge in this new update. it seems as though a small mount of accuracy outweighs a huge amount of dodge on a large scale

#121 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

On my first 2 characters I did the event with I recieved 200 premium Points. Why did I get them? I didn't get any on any of my other characters. I'm not complaining, just curious.

You get those 200 Prem Points as part of the reindeer quest

I like how not one, but 5 people quoted that post. Can everyone please learn about how to make a spoiler =_= ... We get it, no bots.. great woo.

And kitten, relax, those were just a few lines of text, no big difference to a spoiler. In my opinion spoliers are getting important when it comes to videos and pics, since those are normaly the ones who mess with your browser.... :)

Beside that, actually a like on shaz's post would have been enoth, however here it comes down to spreading the message ;)

Edited by SlowBob, 15 December 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#122 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

> > > Deleted are you happy now ;_; ... I just felt, personally it would've worked.

#123 BarbieChi

BarbieChi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

The Accu vs Dodge Update problem has been ignored. Please do something about it. We cant compete with the mages and champ because we always get killed by their skills that DONT MISS! :(

#124 Eleria

Eleria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNicoNico Douga

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

Are the premium point rewards for the reindeer quest supposed to be random?

Some chars got 200 points, some 175, one got 75 points and others didn't get any.

At first I thought it had something to do with level, but a lvl 101 char got 200 points while a lvl 147 char didn't get any but just some exp.

#125 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

Dragon Peak has been played already in Dragonis Server. I already got 2 medal now. It is shown when I got quest complete but idk how to check.

Anyway Leonis, How do I check that how many medal I get from finishing Dragonis Peak quest?

A Draconis Peaks Badge of Honor, should be in your consumable tab. You have the option of consuming it for additional honor, if you don't need or want the badge to turn in.

Yep. I agree. I was the champ that test with his raider. I use non accu set to with dodge raider with a few miss. What I notice is almost every single skill I hit has low chance to miss. My champ skill to dodge raider and hit every skill. That obvious.

Leonis, please check

Thank you in advance

Edit: I re check. All skill hit now never miss. On normal hit seem to be fine. But not skill hit

I need some more information. Which skills are being used? I get the concept that you have a low accuracy rate vs a high dodge rate and are still being hit. So, now I need to know which skill(s) are being used in the case they have different settings than others. And if you say "all skills" please let me know the class you're using, so I can at least test that class' skills as well.

@leo: along with jerremy's comments here are some of my feedback regarding (evasive guard/mirror phantasm):

having it as a separate buff, makes the effect of the charm stat inconsistent (because it doesnt affect the buff).
Granted it does give a static value if thats what you were aiming for, but then it beats the purpose of a character build that is investing stat points in charm to increase the value of its buff.

My suggestion would be then, if i may, is to make it as a separate actual buff like the knight's guard/protection.

Having said that, 50% looks a bit too high [or is it?] of an addition (as a static value) in both dodge and defense. So to keep things consistent, why not make the percentage be based of from charm like a regular buff. (of course the values are not for me to decide).

Overall, why not base the dodge buff (evasive guard/mirror phantasm) from charm? afterall if one really invests in charm to get high dodge, isnt the lack of stat points in other areas already enough of a trade of of having such high dodge?

If you look at the skill, it does not have static stats for charm to affect anymore, so I'm not sure where you see there is an inconsistency.

I agree with Jer, I don't see why the manabreak cooldown got reduced, I can get the mana cost, no biggy it's just to popp a blue pot, but I felt like mages are already stealing mana like crazed.. 

The skill is not just for mages, it is classless. Any class can get it.

As for the spells that you get stuck in, that's actually not a cast speed issue, it is an animation progression issue between stages of casting. A bit of a bug we will have to try to work out.

The Accu vs Dodge Update problem has been ignored. Please do something about it. We cant compete with the mages and champ because we always get killed by their skills that DONT MISS! :(

By "being ignored" do you perhaps mean "the weekend just happened and the Dev team doesn't get in till Monday so they're just now getting the chance to see all the weekend feedback, comments and reports?" Try not to get upset and give us a chance. The Dev team isn't on shift 24/7, we need food, sleep, and a break every now and then.

Are the premium point rewards for the reindeer quest supposed to be random?

Some chars got 200 points, some 175, one got 75 points and others didn't get any.

At first I thought it had something to do with level, but a lvl 101 char got 200 points while a lvl 147 char didn't get any but just some exp.

There seems to be a bit of a bug with that reward. They were intended to be for max level characters, but it seems there's something else triggering them to be given out as well. Regardless, I hope you're not getting upset about receiving free premium points to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users