Patch Notes v. 494 - Server Maintenance at 2:00PM PDT! 12/12/2013! - Page 9 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v. 494 - Server Maintenance at 2:00PM PDT! 12/12/2013!

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#201 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

Since we're doing comparisons together with cd involved, I would like to show you a few games and how versatile the class choices are in the game play, this happens very often. 

Spoiler

And here's a bug that's existed for like 3 weeks! Its really really really annoying in my opinion because I like costumes... and it's often visible for other players too! 

4KIu8vi.jpg

I have no idea why this happens but it's a stealth glitch. I'm experiencing it right now, sometimes it work to remove it if you stealth, and then cart. Now I did that and the only stealth that was removed was from my head. So it's basically; get stuck in stealth, then ... body is stealthed. Would be nice if you could check into it, get's confusing to sometimes think you're stealthed when you're not as you might not check the buffs all the time.

#202 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

A Gh-Gh-Ghooost! :omg:

#203 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

What I find more shocking is asar doing 8m dmg..

Lol well that's what happens when all you're hitting is a bunch of 8k+ def clerics that heal each other~

And here's a bug that's existed for like 3 weeks! Its really really really annoying in my opinion because I like costumes... and it's often visible for other players too! 

Spoiler

I have no idea why this happens but it's a stealth glitch. I'm experiencing it right now, sometimes it work to remove it if you stealth, and then cart. Now I did that and the only stealth that was removed was from my head. So it's basically; get stuck in stealth, then ... body is stealthed. Would be nice if you could check into it, get's confusing to sometimes think you're stealthed when you're not as you might not check the buffs all the time.

I've gotten the stealth bug only when I die while skilling stealth.

#204 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

After doing cd all evening I wanna be on this idea to. Take away so you dont get points by healing the crystal :)

#205 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Feels like I've been giving negative feedback for days already, but there's just few more things I have to say:

-PvP manabrake. I've made a short comment about it before, but I'll go more into details. I'm all for speeding up cast animations cause skills tend to be rather slow, but the cooldown reduction was uncalled for. With blue pots having a 15 second cooldown, the 10 second cooldown on manabrake was devastating enough as it is, but now with a 3.5 second cooldown you can shut down any skill user easily by dropping their mp to 0, endlessly. If they do use a pot you manabrake again and they can't do anything. So I think it should just be a 10 second cooldown like it was before.

-Unique purify: Certainly true that 5m aoe range was rather short and caused it to not work quite often, but @20m range with only 2sec cooldown, this skill defeats the purpose of any CHA build character using debuffs. Mage's aural pierce, champ's berserker's cry, dual raiders PvP circle break,enfeeblement and mental storm all just get purified immediately, causing them to have no effect. Now being able to purify should be possible, but being able to purify the entire team at all times is just broken.

Edited by jerremy, 21 December 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#206 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

A Gh-Gh-Ghooost! :omg:

So WP just officially denied all responsibility to the stealth bug by blaming Paranomal activity  :heh: 

After doing cd all evening I wanna be on this idea to. Take away so you dont get points by healing the crystal :)

In that case Hitting Xtal shouldnt reward any points too and no one's gonna heal crystal anymore resulting in quicker end game. Then we'll have a new batch of complaints coming in again and my popcorn business will bloom ever more  :no1: 

Feels like I've been giving negative feedback for days already, but there's just few more things I have to say:

-PvP manabrake. I've made a short comment about it before, but I'll go more into details. I'm all for speeding up cast animations cause skills tend to be rather slow, but the cooldown reduction was uncalled for. With blue pots having a 15 second cooldown, the 10 second cooldown on manabrake was devastating enough as it is, but now with a 3.5 second cooldown you can shut down any skill user easily by dropping their mp to 0, endlessly. If they do use a pot you manabrake again and they can't do anything. So I think it should just be a 10 second cooldown like it was before.

-Unique purify: Certainly true that 5m aoe range was rather short and caused it to not work quite often, but @20m range with only 2sec cooldown, this skill defeats the purpose of any CHA build character using debuffs. Mage's aural pierce, champ's berserker's cry, dual raiders PvP circle break,enfeeblement and mental storm all just get purified immediately, causing them to have no effect. Now being able to purify should be possible, but being able to purify the entire team at all times is just broken.

I second this post! +1 Manabrake is outright OP now, If someone can burn my mana off every 3.5 seconds, i should also have the right and power to mute him every 3.5 seconds.  :heh:

#207 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

I'm going to partially disagree with this, simply because of how major a role clerics have in pvp game arena and this can somewhat keep their healing ability in check. Muses have high mp to begin with and manabrake depletes a set amount of mp so it delivers a greater impact to low mp classes when casting. Perhaps instead of a set number of mp reduction on manabrake it can be percentage based. For example with X amount of charm it depletes 50% of the targets max mp instead. This way it won't be so devastating to hit a non muse class with it but also have an impact on muse classes at the same time.

#208 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

The best way to get rid of the issue with purify is to target the Cleric. I sneak into a few CD's periodically to see how each class is fairing. I see a lot of innexperienced players, or players who aren't focussing attacking other attackers and ignoring the healers completely. If you're a character that uses CHA + Debuffs as a tactic, you might need to inform your group prior, to focus on healers/purifiers. This will make your role more beneficial in the long run. Each build type has a counter at this point, though perhaps not as balanced. So communication is important and so in cooperation and strategy. However that being said, when you're fighting a group of quite literally nothing but champions + clerics, you're only tactic is to do exactly the same and cross your fingers. 

#209 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

I'm going to partially disagree with this, simply because of how major a role clerics have in pvp game arena and this can somewhat keep their healing ability in check. Muses have high mp to begin with and manabrake depletes a set amount of mp so it delivers a greater impact to low mp classes when casting. Perhaps instead of a set number of mp reduction on manabrake it can be percentage based. For example with X amount of charm it depletes 50% of the targets max mp instead. This way it won't be so devastating to hit a non muse class with it but also have an impact on muse classes at the same time.

That's a great idea, I didn't think of that yet. What about 10%+5% (5% part influenced by cha/main stat)?

Never mind that one, with the 3.5second cooldown that would be overkill. 5%+3% would be more appropriate.

The best way to get rid of the issue with purify is to target the Cleric. I sneak into a few CD's periodically to see how each class is fairing. I see a lot of innexperienced players, or players who aren't focussing attacking other attackers and ignoring the healers completely. If you're a character that uses CHA + Debuffs as a tactic, you might need to inform your group prior, to focus on healers/purifiers. This will make your role more beneficial in the long run. Each build type has a counter at this point, though perhaps not as balanced. So communication is important and so in cooperation and strategy. However that being said, when you're fighting a group of quite literally nothing but champions + clerics, you're only tactic is to do exactly the same and cross your fingers. 

It does make sense, but with so many clerics in one team usually this becomes a difficult strategy to accomplish.

Edited by jerremy, 22 December 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#210 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

Whilst clerics get muted a lot, I don't think it's a problem. I noticed that most clerics didn't figure out to purify their cleric friends yet, so it's not like it's a purify party. I actually don't think the range of it is that amazing either, I play a lot of CDs and I rarely get purified.

#211 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

Don't know about how they do it in Leonis, but around these parts clerics don't even use single target heals on most people, maybe rarely some heal spammers on the crystal when they don't have purify/manabrake.

It's spamming purify, manabrake, and occasionally hitting the party integrity and heavenly grace.

Edited by jerremy, 22 December 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#212 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

As both a cleric with AOE Puri and a charm build (mage, beginning to get more into duals) player, I can say that unless there are two or three particular clerics on the field, I cannot expect to see a puri of any sort unless I puri myself. I have used puri a lot to get rid of aural pierce to make my job easier, and I know that I would absolutely hate how useless the charm build is when I'm facing a cleric that does use AOE Puri. It makes one feel that unless they group up with a pure ap buddy of the same class, they are rather useless for the group.

But yeah, people in Draconis usually only do party heals. You can run around in circles for half a minute waiting for a heal that won't come until they're party heal cd is done. Occasionally you'll get mana break spammers as well, but rarely a purify spammer. So as of right now in Draconis, AOE Purify isn't too much of a problem, since a lot of the clerics haven't smartened up, but I do foresee quite the irritating issue here.

#213 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Depends on who's the cleric. There's times where people only heal crystals and use party heal, whilst other clerics focus on the players all the time.. classed as the actual "game playing" clerics. However, I've been trying to pay attention to purify, and unless I purify, I feel like it's currently an unused skill for most players. I actually had to encourage a few of my cleric friends to get the aoe purify, and they say that there's better things to get... oh well.

#214 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

All I hear is "Spam aoe puri and heal crystal, forget healing raiders they'll die anyway."

#215 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hmmmm really its kinda an individual thing when it comes to a cleric's routine. I can agree that most just spams aoe heals and tend to ignore those outside their radius. I for one don't heal crystal and leave most healing to those "Heal-Droids" , although I am FS type, I tend to run around in circles and support via mutes, individual Puri, healing my team's range type, and annoying opponent Clerics with sleeps. Some clerics however, when on the Defending team can be so selfish that they ignore their fallen teammates and continue healing themselves and the Crystal. 2-3 Decent Cleric is enough to Camp heal the Crystal while withstanding attacks. Their fallen mates died and respawn only to wait hopelessly for their Clerics to come to to their senses and come back to buff them.  

#216 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

The heal droids are lazy and just going for points, if you heal the team, purify, sleep and even walk around to help you can still get this :

screen503.jpg?t=1387767846

Healing points lol.

The problem is the amount of clerics, you cant do anything against a team with 4-6 clerics ( or even 3) as the people never die, with some work you can still win CD by disabling them but its not fun. Kudo's to the opposing team as well, they fought hard lol and an active CD is always nice but the amount of healing people get means attackers can't get kills in.  Sure they get damage but dmg heal dmg heal is being repeated constantly.

#217 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

In that CD Logi you and I worked our asses off and I never healed the crystal.  And the opposing team really had me targeted lol.  I agree with most here, at least on leonis, most do not use puri unless they are really active clerics that support the team.  

I still think that limiting the number of clerics per team would make a huge difference to the games.  And losing the ability to heal the crystal would get the healing spammers who don't help the team at all be gone.  If they actually had to work at being a cleric they would go to a different class.  With so many clerics on a team the games can be stuck at the first crystal for the whole time.  As long as people sit in the crystal they are healed by the clerics just sitting in there with them.  You can't target them since there are so many in the crystal.

Make CD harder.  Increase the area around the crystal so you can't hide in it.  Make it a maximum of 3 max heals or max buff clerics (that way Battle clerics could still get in).  Do not allow the points received from healing the crystal count toward healing points gained.  Without people being able to hide with the clerics in the crystal maybe the devastation from the bourgs, mages and champs aoes and cleric sleeps would not make such a difference in games.  People might actually have to go back to using some strategy and team play.  Figure out a way to get some points to the knights for reflecting damage or something like that.  

Edited by Bendersmom, 23 December 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#218 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Had a game yesterday on defense where the enemy team would run up, all their champs would berserk and kill us in seconds.  (With three "clerics" healing us)  We would re-spawn, our three champs would berserk and we would retake the crystal and our "clerics" would just heal the crystal till we died again.  (I was on my mage)

The health glitch on the crystal is also annoying, if you shift click someone, and then shift click the crystal you can see how much health it really has.  Because people don't do this clerics spam heals on a full crystal instead of rebuffing allies, and when on attack people think they are about to win, and focus the crystal while the clerics really have it at full health still. 

I was the only cleric once, and we won on the last crystal because no one from the enemy team ever attacked me while I healed the crystal from the throne. 

It is funny to see the attacking team all sprint for the crystal and hide there, having a heal off while they are shot by ranged.  No one dares leave the clerics side because they will insta die, the crystal never gets damaged and the game ends on the first crystal.

If only my knight got points for absorbing damage with sac, I like sitting outside of the heal/sleep/stun/stun/sleep/heal fest and try to lure people out with taunt shot.  Or running in and hitting sac, and moving back out trying to get people to follow me.  For now even with a 15 kill game I got the other day knights are still at the bottom of the board, unless I spec into aoe, which means hiding with every one else.  No ty.

#219 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Champ aoes should NOT be effected by berserk.

#220 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Champs aren't really problematic. When you have multiples of the same class on one side there is always going to be problems. That being said the real factor is the number of clerics honestly. Champs aren't bulky on their own anymore, it's just they can be devastating when you have several clerics and several champs mobbed together in a pit of hell you don't want to go near. Clerics have been the most commonly played class for awhile now (although the number of champs has been increasing recently), and if any class should be limited to one side it should be clerics. 

As Bendersmom suggested already (and thank you on that for being unbiased) having a limit of 3 support clerics per team would alleviate the stalemate wars where people don't die. 

#221 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Something that is going to be occuring for a while, is small class veriety always leads to 1 class or a top few dominating in preferances. Mostly because there's always those 2 or 3 classes that just excel in a group together. I now personally for a long long time the best Leveling group was 1 knight, 1 cleric, Mages. Champs were close, but scouts = useless, raiders [katar = useless], duals = not enough aoe.

As far as PvP goes, I'm not 100% sure, I dropped the majority of PvP after the update for my own reasons But from what I see, Champs [spear + sword] and clerics are the two dominate classes. And the next best support is cannon bourges. 

Either way, from what I read from everyones posts it seems like just a lot of fine tuning and minor tweaking are needed to get everything normal. or close to normal as it gets. 

#222 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

in a pit of hell you don't want to go

This, if your attackers this means  hitting the crystal ishard, and just using ranged characters doesnt work as their damage gets outhealed by the clerics.

#223 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

The values of honor given for damage and healing, I'm looking to reduce significantly and focus it more on kills, so gaining honor really is about making a definitive impact (removing a player from combat). We had wanted to include additional point bonuses for other objectives, but we haven't reached that point yet and the score board doesn't support them yet either. But it is obvious the skill update changed the scale of damage to check for along with the match arena sizes.

This is the best thing Written so far.

#224 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Remember guys~

2X Drops will end tomorrow at 12:00PM PST!

#225 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Remember guys~

2X Drops will end tomorrow at 12:00PM PST!

But thanks for the 25% more exp  :p_idea:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users