Server Maintenance at 3:00PM PST! 12/11/2013 Christmas Time! - Page 2 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance at 3:00PM PST! 12/11/2013 Christmas Time!

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#26 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

same lol, I urged others to add ideas for the gift boxes, now it all just seems silly

edit1: by the way I just got a santa hat from the chaos map, the items name is still (2012 event) santa hat, like last years

Edited by IreKire, 11 December 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#27 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

i won't be buying any of the gashas, first i assumed it was going to be a drop event from monsters like how it was with hastur a few years ago. second, the items they generate are not worth the price. i wouldn't ask for more than 50 points for those boxes, it's that bad.

if you wanted them to really sell, put some element attack / resistance cards 6 star and up gashas. i'll crash the server buying them.

Edited by noxis, 11 December 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#28 Lujia

Lujia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationPilipinas
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Why is the daily quest on Christmast Event NPC only gives exp reward? 
Why not make it reward Marbles or something useful to help players to make the weapon since its only once a day quest.

The marble requirement for a single item is so many how can a single person collect a hundred marble?  :yawn:

Edited by Lujia, 12 December 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#29 ishigawa

ishigawa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

Why the event is just a copy of last year event with some really silly IM boxes? So that's the idea to bring people back or entertain your players? ok...

#30 oClark

oClark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

This Xmas Event is really, i mean REALLLYYY expensive. I don't know how non-IM buyer/users are able to make just 1 accessory item without practically farming day and night.  :p_sad:

#31 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

How expensive it is for the christmas stuff was a MAJOR complaint/issue last year. There was a very good reason why almost no Christmas Accessories/Pets/Weapons from last year are in the game.

#32 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

Actually making just the two accessories I would want to get would probably be equivalent to farming upto a certain star solar rings. Not exactly 10, but somewhere in between 7-9. I mean it takes alot of F6 hunch runs to get just one.

I do wanna suggest a nerf on the material costs or at least an alternate, though probably slower method. When it comes to Cash Shop involvement for an event the best recommendation is to have Cash Shop be the crutch or the short-cut but make sure all players can have their way.

In reality the Silver marbles and Magical Snow are the only thing a non-Cash spender can really farm. Gold marbles are either through Perfect Hunches or insane luck and trading Silvers for Golds, which would actually have been nice, requires Perfect Hunches as well and probably through an unreliable ratio compared to using Hunches on F6.

#33 timegotoVroom

timegotoVroom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationThe Disneyland of Love
  • Server:Dragonkin Master Race

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

So to sumarize:

1.- You need IM to get anything.

2.- Daily quests give nothing but crappy exp.

3.- Nothing useful from drops like 2x exp pots.

I don't want to sound mean but, wow guys, that's a terrible selling model. It's almost like they "know" the game is basically dying and instead of trying to make it come back to life they're just trying to get all the money they possibly can from whatever is left of the playerbase so they can profit a tiny bit more before closing the game. I've seen this happen a lot of times before, it's just sad.

It would be nice to have some daily quests or something, you know, the whole F6 for golden marbles is a bit too luck based for my taste. At least once a day like the halloween one wouldn't be so bad.

Also some sort of drop like a random box with something like 2x exp boosts from halloween too.

Honestly the halloween event was 10 times better than this :p_swt:

Edited by timegotoVroom, 12 December 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#34 Kkamazk

Kkamazk

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPlanet Gliese 667 Cc (22.1 ly)
  • Server:A.I. NET CONTROL

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

Cant we get at least log in event with key and gift or marbles?
=[

#35 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

So to sumarize:

1.- You need IM to get anything.

2.- Daily quests give nothing but crappy exp.

3.- Nothing useful from drops like 2x exp pots.

I don't want to sound mean but, wow guys, that's a terrible selling model. It's almost like they "know" the game is basically dying and instead of trying to make it come back to life they're just trying to get all the money they possibly can from whatever is left of the playerbase so they can profit a tiny bit more before closing the game. I've seen this happen a lot of times before, it's just sad.

:(

Sadly that's how the developers think for some of these Events. Now the next super-big Holiday Event, Valentines Day is nothing like that. Unless you count the beans and exp potions and exp boosting candies spammed cause Cookie Factory F7 was the single-greatest leveling method.

The quests should have additional rewards, Silver/Gold Marbles, Magic Snow, something that makes them worthwhile. All but one of the dailies can be finished in one F5 run it seems, while the one I couldn't finish was due to the Hat drop rate being not 100% and expecting you to get them all in one F5 run a day if soloing.

#36 timegotoVroom

timegotoVroom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

"I bet what players truly want are doing daily quests for really bad exp"

- Dragon Saga Developers, December 2013.

#37 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

"I bet what players truly want are doing daily quests for really bad exp"

- Dragon Saga Developers, December 2013.

Actually the Christmas missions and quests are probably decent experience for lower-leveled players. I recall spamming the chaos and normal mode F1 for the potions wasn't bad when you're low leveled. Wait till Valentines day Cookie Factory with +90% Exp biscuits, Exp potions, Exp events, and Jack Beans all in an easy to spam F7 map.

#38 timegotoVroom

timegotoVroom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

Too bad the server is basically high lvl players huh.

#39 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

Too bad the server is basically high lvl players huh.

It's either new players in the 1-45ish range, or 70-85s.

70-85. I say 70 to 85 now as this is End Game. Some argue that it's not until 75 to consider yourself End Game and others say it starts sooner like 65. however 70-75 is the official level for all game content available. 75+ is strictly equipment based. In fact people capping at 77-80 is becoming more common. As 81-85 really brings nothing to the table yet. Aside from:

• 1 Level 81 Armor set.
  • 1 Endgame level 81 weapon that could surpass Element Elga in PvP but requires heavy socket investment and element accessories due to higher Attack/Magic Attack values. Making Element Elga @ Level 77 more preferred.
  • No 81-85 Battlesquare yet.
  • The ability to better stack high Element resistances.
  • Level 81 F6 Rings and Necklaces. Which only a few invested in considering the differences between them and the level 71 Caracha rings and the costs for them.
  • Additional Skill and Bonus stat points.

Until more stuff for 81-85 gets brought out. Many argue it's not worthwhile to level past 80.

#40 timegotoVroom

timegotoVroom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

I argue it's not worthwhile go past 70 or 77 for the elemental thing. But personally, at lvl 66, it feels incredibly slow to level.

#41 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Cant we get at least log in event with key and gift or marbles?
=[

It's possible. :ok:

#42 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

gold,silver,magical snow all are rare drops after clearing a mission map with s rank and above. it is very viable, albeit slow, to farm all the ingredients, however, to anyone wishing to farm those ingredients to sell, you will be making a lot of gold by selling to other players.

so in retrospect it's a good opportunity for new players to farm massive gold since the mission maps mobs go by the party leader's level+2. however, as an event it is uniquely expensive for most players so only players with massive gold or im, or both, are able to get these accessories realistically.

#43 timegotoVroom

timegotoVroom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

gold,silver,magical snow all are rare drops after clearing a mission map with s rank and above. it is very viable, albeit slow, to farm all the ingredients, however, to anyone wishing to farm those ingredients to sell, you will be making a lot of gold by selling to other players.

so in retrospect it's a good opportunity for new players to farm massive gold since the mission maps mobs go by the party leader's level+2. however, as an event it is uniquely expensive for most players so only players with massive gold or im, or both, are able to get these accessories realistically.

This is what I did during Halloween. I realized I had no choice but to sell my stuff because I'm still new, even at one lvl 66 and three 40+s, I feel like I still don't have anything lol.

#44 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Hopefully we'll get those log in event boxes

#45 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

The Holiday Gasha boxes are also WAY too expensive for what it's worth. Maybe if there was a trip ticket or laptop balloon to have to pay 250 im for a 10% chance to get one of them would actually be more worth it. 250 im would get u at least 3 bad balloons which are worse than the sakura festival balloons given to us for free and 1-5 insurance that cost 20-100im. Also I dont think anyone would be paying 250 im for a 10% chance for paris wings or inventory expansions which cost 200 im.

It is calculated that it cost around 3k im to make the christmas necklace and earrings as well as probably around a full day or longer of nonstop farming in order to gather enough marbles to get the accessories. The amount of labor, money, and time it takes to make the accessories is not worth the reward. It is an unfair and depressing christmas event for players that don't buy im in this game. 

Edited by ohsnap, 12 December 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#46 timegotoVroom

timegotoVroom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

The Holiday Gasha boxes are also WAY too expensive for what it's worth. Maybe if there was a trip ticket or laptop balloon to have to pay 250 im for a 10% chance to get one of them would actually be more worth it. 250 im would get u at least 3 bad balloons which are worse than the sakura festival balloons given to us for free and 1-5 insurance that cost 20-100im. Also I dont think anyone would be paying 250 im for a 10% chance for paris wings or inventory expansions which cost 200 im.

It is calculated that it cost around 3k im to make the christmas necklace and earrings as well as probably around a full day or longer of nonstop farming in order to gather enough marbles to get the accessories. The amount of labor, money, and time it takes to make the accessories is not worth the reward. It is an unfair and depressing christmas event for players that don't buy im in this game. 

This is what bothers me in particular. It's not that they're too expensive, it's that they're not even -that- good, it's like a bunch of money for a half-assed item. I know they don't want to seem pay-to-win, but either drop the price or up the power, cause otherwise you're better off buying other things.

#47 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Regarding the Santa's Christmas Boxes and Santa Keys..

We will be adding them in next week. Either as a world drop or log-ing Event~

#48 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

can u make the box have the gold and silver marble in them.

#49 Lujia

Lujia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationPilipinas
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

It's possible. :ok:

Or lessen the amount marbles required in each item

can u make the box have the gold and silver marble in them.

+1 

Also if possible add a box that gives players random items in each boss like Halloween box last month.

@F5 box - anyone knows how to open this?where can I get the key? (Aside from smashing suggestion?) :Emo_13:

#50 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

I would love it to be a world drop but with a good drop rate not 1% like every other recent event and keys and box have about the same drop rate.
Or
If its log in I would be cool if it was every 5-10 min to get a box so you would be able to get more than 1 a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users