Server Maintenance at 3:00PM PST! 12/11/2013 Christmas Time! - Page 4 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance at 3:00PM PST! 12/11/2013 Christmas Time!

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#76 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

fg/wg weapon glows just fine. i believe it's just the tuna and winter weapons at the moment.

on another note, let's have some new IM stuff (more artifact+legend) and 2x IM sale (hunches hunches)to celebrate christmas and new year? also increase rare drop rate to 10X (6 star element 6 star element :rice: ) for 72 hours during the Holidays.with santa boxes and keys dropping at 20% chance. + a bonus for those who log on for 1 hr during the holidays, like a christmas pet or 6 star element card lvl 61-70, 71-80... just throwing it out there.

#77 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

Update element cards so we can put more resist into accessories earring 2 rings and necklaces+ some restriction lifts off some items!!!!! Just keep element attack towards glove shoe and wep rest all resist due to the fact that not all levels have access to protector sets!

#78 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Anything about tomorrow's maintenance?

#79 mag727

mag727

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:In your closet

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Update element cards so we can put more resist into accessories earring 2 rings and necklaces+ some restriction lifts off some items!!!!! Just keep element attack towards glove shoe and wep rest all resist due to the fact that not all levels have access to protector sets!

he means he wants to make resist more op than it already is. no. its balanced the way it is.

if people want to tank, then farm for the armor set and the best cards possible. i wouldn't want to see a 20k 4 element resist invoker/sorcerer on the field tanking everything and everyone (its already possible). 

i wouldn't even mind new low lvl armor with similar bonuses to hero galaxia, but do not under any circumstance make accessories socketable with element attk/resis. that's just plain silly.

#80 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Resist is only "op" because Devs won't fix the formula they screwed up on. =_=*

#81 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'd love to see anyone get 20k 4 resist with 4*'s

673x10 6730+2600+65%=15394 (MAX with lvl 8 4* 4 Element Resist: Helm,Pad,Wing,Top,Glove,Bot,Shoe,Belt(non existent),Bracelet(non existent),Weapon)

Edited by Apocryphos, 17 December 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#82 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

he means he wants to make resist more op than it already is. no. its balanced the way it is.

if people want to tank, then farm for the armor set and the best cards possible. i wouldn't want to see a 20k 4 element resist invoker/sorcerer on the field tanking everything and everyone (its already possible). 

i wouldn't even mind new low lvl armor with similar bonuses to hero galaxia, but do not under any circumstance make accessories socketable with element attk/resis. that's just plain silly.

20k is only reachable through 6-star resistance cards combined with Hero Protector Set. And people are farming the set and cards. But the max resistance counter to the problem of elements is only fully obtainable through endgame.

Why I always suggest a reworked element system. But Developers need to get the kiddy building blocks out of their ears and stop banging rocks together 85% of the time. I mean the Galaxia's had some progress but not a whole lot.

673x10 6730+2600+65%=15394 (MAX with lvl 8 4* 4 Element Resist: Helm,Pad,Wing,Top,Glove,Bot,Shoe,Belt(non existent),Bracelet(non existent),Weapon)

Redo this calculation with 71-80 resist cards. 81-90 is only usable if you have Protector of the stars set. Also the Highest level socket-available belt is Black Dragon Lord @ 70 so a 61-70 has to be applied. Basically:

71-80: Helm, Pad, Wing, Top, Glove, Bot, Shoe, Bracelet/Shield.

61-70: Belt

Only 71-80 Capes are Black Dragon Lord Wings and Rare Protector of the Stars Cape.

It's likely the max 4-element resist using full 4-element 4* resistance cards is between 12,500-14,000 estimated.

If they allowed a 2nd socket through Necklaces and Rings it's likely that there will be an exclusive type of socket (Possibly skill-based.)

#83 mag727

mag727

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

a few months ago you said it was broken, now it's op.

again, i'm going to assume you have no idea what you're talking about.

20k resist has already been obtained at least in two elements following with 18k on the others.

just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

have you seen a million dollars in cash?

20k is only reachable through 6-star resistance cards combined with Hero Protector Set. And people are farming the set and cards. But the max resistance counter to the problem of elements is only fully obtainable through endgame.

Why I always suggest a reworked element system. But Developers need to get the kiddy building blocks out of their ears and stop banging rocks together 85% of the time. I mean the Galaxia's had some progress but not a whole lot.

yes, high resistance is obtainable only at the end game level which is rightly so, why make it available to people who don't want to go past certain levels?  we don't need low levels tanking level 77+ damage. prior to element notoriety, lvl 80 priests were hitting 100 dmg x spam on stacked level 50s. how was that justified?

that's just like saying you want element elga weapons to be lower in level. if you want these benefits, then level up.  you're just asking to get spoonfed. level 50 bsq is not broken, there are plenty of tanks in there that handle element damage just fine after a few deaths.

#84 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

It's broken because you HAVE to be level 75+ atm to event attempt enough resist to cancel any noticeable amount of elements.

It's OP because instead of just lowering only element damage it lowers your total damage,meaning in the very near future if you have any sort of element attack on you and your opponent has high enough resist you'll be doing 1s to them. Then you can switch back to normal weapons with no elements, but wait...raw damage scaling was insanely terrible and we'll have the entire Atk vs Def issue again.

#85 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

No mainty today?

#86 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

yes, high resistance is obtainable only at the end game level which is rightly so, why make it available to people who don't want to go past certain levels?  we don't need low levels tanking level 77+ damage. prior to element notoriety, lvl 80 priests were hitting 100 dmg x spam on stacked level 50s. how was that justified?

that's just like saying you want element elga weapons to be lower in level. if you want these benefits, then level up.  you're just asking to get spoonfed. level 50 bsq is not broken, there are plenty of tanks in there that handle element damage just fine after a few deaths.

Level 75-81 being the level requirement to escape the issue of elements yet we can make level 40s out-damage Zauharant weapons and ignore all defense until those levels. Now If you assume I meant that the 15,000-20,000 resist available to all players was the idea, you were incorrect. I have heard and was advised to obtain 8,000-9,000+ 4-element resistance to lower the Element Elga damage itself. I immediately thought of it's default 630 element attack before sockets and accessories. Well if 9,000 resist counters 630 attack then that seems ok. I wanted tests to validate this but I don't have those numbers in resistance yet. Plus I assumed to add 1,000-2,000 resistance for attack sockets. But if you can find a formula to reach a resistance to counter the 420 default element attack on a level 40 Dark Soul Element weapon, then you've made immense progress.

Saying endgame can't hit high resistance is true, but comparing resistance and attack element cards on level 41-50, 51-60, and 61-70 you can see that numbers to lower a decent amount of damage can be reached. Perma-capped players can hit godly resistance numbers in their respective level ranges.

Also prior to elements a stacked level 50 could hit 10k-12k+ defense and the best weapon that the majority of endgame used was the zauharant. Of course 10-12k defense was required to survive a considerably decent time vs that weapon. Plus if you wanna go into class specifics it could've been a stacked Wizard with their mana shield and good PDD or a Paladin with the advantage of higher defenses and pre-nerfed block or even barricade.

It's broken because you HAVE to be level 75+ atm to event attempt enough resist to cancel any noticeable amount of elements.

It's OP because instead of just lowering only element damage it lowers your total damage,meaning in the very near future if you have any sort of element attack on you and your opponent has high enough resist you'll be doing 1s to them. Then you can switch back to normal weapons with no elements, but wait...raw damage scaling was insanely terrible and we'll have the entire Atk vs Def issue again.

As Storm stated, it can resist enough damage to start subtracting from the damage your phys or magic attack is outputting. Effectively resulting in hitting 1's or in some cases only hitting considerable damage through critical hits.

Aside from the terrible Attack vs Defense issues, we now have Element Attack vs Resistance issues.

#87 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

No mainty today?

Not today! We apologize about that.

We do have one planned for tomorrow and we are setting up the time. 

I apologize for not being active but fever strike me so bleh.

#88 mag727

mag727

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

i'm sorry to say that you are misinformed.

no you do not have to be level 75, you just have to farm.

to sum it up, you don't want to farm, so you want it easy? 'hey devs give us similar bonuses to that of galaxia and elga rare sets so i don't get owned in bsq' i must be the odd man out to think that a level 50 should have virtually no hope in beating someone 20-30+ levels above them. and if you do, well, lucky you. 

i'm not going to avoid elaborating on the issue to the same old group of whiners. 

Edited by mag727, 18 December 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#89 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

point successfully delivered. I've yet to see this 20k 18k resist on oSweetLove, mainly cause now he uses 3* 5 elements on gloves and boots now. Unless its the wrong person. I don't think AgentMeow can be considered for this scenario since he uses 10*'s instead of 6*'s.

#90 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

point successfully delivered. I've yet to see this 20k 18k resist on oSweetLove, mainly cause now he uses 3* 5 elements on gloves and boots now. Unless its the wrong person. I don't think AgentMeow can be considered for this scenario since he uses 10*'s instead of 6*'s.

Mehh you've seen my set it's full 4:3 4* Fire/Ice, Nature/Dark. Elements and barely can do 15k/14k/9k/9k for 4 elements that includes galaxia 6piece and element accessories+Adv necks.

Sweet was able to get 20k because of a 6* ice in combination with fulll Ice accessory set. :>

edit: Didn't we do this before chart? The best set you can get with having 6*+ card is 9.8k of each element thats full 4*s+Galaxia hero and not using up your boot and glove slot for elements.

Edited by StormHaven, 18 December 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#91 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Not today! We apologize about that.

We do have one planned for tomorrow and we are setting up the time.

I apologize for not being active but fever strike me so bleh.

I just hope we get those Christmas boxes needing keys to open this week xD

#92 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

i'm sorry to say that you are misinformed.

no you do not have to be level 75, you just have to farm.

to sum it up, you don't want to farm, so you want it easy? 'hey devs give us similar bonuses to that of galaxia and elga rare sets so i don't get owned in bsq' i must be the odd man out to think that a level 50 should have virtually no hope in beating someone 20-30+ levels above them. and if you do, well, lucky you. 

i'm not going to avoid elaborating on the issue to the same old group of whiners. 

Actually he's correct on some parts. Well mostly at endgame vs endgame. Where we have proof of resistance working somewhat properly.

Yes, you have to be level 75+. But not overall in resistances to 100% counter elements in general. But to counter the issues of element elga's with either high star attack sockets or accessories using +20 weapons. He means through +20 Element Elga+Accessories, or +20 Zauharant w/ Accessories. Both of which always yield high element attack values. However there's no confirmation on how we can do in level 70 vs 70. Where max element damage is through zauha+accessories and sockets. Or 50 vs 50, or 60 vs 60. Yet I see no one in these level ranges attempting the resistance values needed to deal with the element users in those level ranges. Why? Because no one knows if it'll even be worth it. At those levels, the socket values of elements are in the underwhelming values. Attack and resistance until 4-5* and even then those aren't much compared to the next tier's sockets. 71-80 and 81-90 Sockets have the best values.

Farming is required but it's required to an immense extreme. 4-stars are the value they're measuring because it's the lesser of the extreme farming requirements. 5-stars are mostly through lucky unboxes or trade-ins and 6-stars are pure luck and at a drop rate too low for majority of the server to bother or where people do extreme hardcore farming runs for and have little to no results.

Elements has no confirmed Resistance vs Attack ratios. Only trial and error results through test duels against the people who manage to hit these numbers combined with 20k+ defense. And even then the results reach no confirmed ratio or %-value dropped. Only an estimated flat-number value drop or %-damage reduced compared to a 0-resist value of the same defense.

The developers know (At least we assume) that just removing elements will not fix anything, a reworking of the system and releasing of accurate values of Resistance vs Attack would help, but would likely be outside the range of what Gravity Interactive will do.

And you're thinking of a situation which is almost impossible through perma-capped stacked players. Possibly including any Perma-capped characters you own. A stacked level 50 can fight a level 70. Hell some older, no longer playing, perm 50's have been able to hold against level 75+. I've seen Perma-capped 60's hold against level 80s. Players can stack their level 50s to extremes where a 20-level gap will almost just be a slight bother.

This is just a situation we, including yourself, have no 100% accurate knowledge of. Even frequent and extreme value Element Resistance value users don't have full knowledge of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users