So what happened on the livestream? - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

So what happened on the livestream?

35 replies to this topic

#1 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

Wasn't able to make the stream, can anyone summarize the highlights?

Also as a suggestion it would be nice to have an official recap of the important info given in these streams. There's a lot of good info in them that often isn't put anywhere else.

#2 Fenriels

Fenriels

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

You talk to a guy named Gilgamesh in morroc to change to Master class.

When you change to Master Class you start from level 1 again.

There are 50 master levels.

You earn master points instead of combat points.

Master form lasts 2 min and can be recast every 10 min. It gives a lot of buffs.

Osiris is level 70.

Etc.

Edited by Fenriels, 14 December 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#3 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

I'm gonna be perfectly honest and say that there wasn't much mentioned that wasn't already mentioned in the previous one.

They simply displayed the visuals of the 5 forms (male only, being Njoror, and he sounded like he wasn't sure if the female ones existed yet). Other than that, he showed us the bosses, all of which are level 70, in the Osiris dungeon.

He also gave us a mild explanation of the Master Class, which wasn't much new information (again, mostly stuff covered in the old stream, or mentioned since on the forums).

He also showed us some details of the events. Apparently both titles available (one seems to be a prefix title, and one seems to be a suffix title) seem to be easier to get through the event this time (in comparison to other event titles in the past), but I'd assume you'd have to sacrifice getting the costumes to get the better title. They're the Gift Box costumes, though, so it's not a major loss. To get the better title, you need basically 1,000 Snow Flakes. 5 of them converts to another item, and 200 of that item converts into the title.

They had a lot of issues getting the stream going, so it was cut short (by half).

They fixed the bird pink texture in the character screen, though. :p_laugh:

Heimdallr made it sound like it might be possible to see some of these Advent of Valkyrie content as early as the 18th of December. However, he also HEAVILY EMPHASIZED on the matter that fixing all of the problems, bugs, issues, and glitches will take priority over actually implementing the content. The Advent of Valkyrie Patch is supposedly the largest Patch since the release of the game, so it's clear that they're going to make sure that we don't have a repeat of what happened with WoE. Basically, like all things WP and IRO2: everything is tentative until implementation.

Heimdallr also pointed out that the difference between a level 50 Master Level will be vast, since someone asked.

There's also a new sleigh mount that Njoror demonstrated, but this can be seen on the event page (along with some costumes and event details) here:

Events: http://playragnarok2...ews/article/165

Kafra Shop Update: http://playragnarok2...ews/article/167

Dancing Event (haven't seen this one mentioned on the forums): http://playragnarok2...ews/article/166

I would recommend watching the video, if you have 30 minutes of free time. If nothing else, it was amusing to watch Njoror derp around with even more power than usual. :p_smile:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 15 December 2013 - 01:54 AM.

#4 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

Does it mean that the benefits (buffs or what?) of master classes are the same for all classes? I mean, if everyone gets the same buffs, the classes that suck now will continue being inferior regardless of the master classes.

#5 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

so:

• we must spend 3 points into transformation skill to use it's full potential, it has 10 minute cd and it last only for 2 mins so it's just copy paste of transform skill of noels
  • there is no way to pick either light or darkness transformation... each class have only one path. Jesus Christ I'm gonna cry everytime I will transform as monk into this crappy white power ranger with alien helmet
  • no info if we can hide helmets during transformations... did I mentioned that priest/monk trans helmet look like -_-?
  • no info said about special gear for each class... (new monk weapons/or dual wield gauntlets please)
  • no new skills for master classes just more ranks for the actual skills

sucks hard... all hype is gone

also I guess that this patch won't come in last week of December/first week of January if they still are testing/adding missing content/etc...

#6 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

Does it mean that the benefits (buffs or what?) of master classes are the same for all classes? I mean, if everyone gets the same buffs, the classes that suck now will continue being inferior regardless of the master classes.

I'd like to know this, myself.

Also, I forgot to mention the best part of the Stream; Unisex Santa Beards. :p_laugh:

#7 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

I was actually impressed this time. But to be fair I really think they wanted to show more they just... had SO much trouble getting the stream up it was both sad and funny.

WP,
You guys need to do some practice or test streams or something or get the video going with a covered screen and your mics to mute while you set up so you know it's running and do the setup stuff before hand. Set your mics up before you go live. Test if they're working by making a sound recording of yourself. You could also prerecord what you want to show us and what you want to say and then when the video is done answer questions live. This will also help you to be able to read the chat and answer questions through typing while everyone watches as well.

Also TAKE YOUR TIME going through the bugs. I don't care if we doesn't see this stuff until March or April. Just please, please polish it!

Anyways either way it looks like a lot of stuff is coming. I'm surprised by the amount of content that seems to be here unless the master classes are fast level up. I'm looking forward to the Holiday events as well. Much to do.

#8 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

Master Classes

• Master classes require you to be level 50 in both your profession and class level
  • The NPC, Gilgamesh, in Morroc will give you quests to change to, and increase your master rank.
  • Master rank up quests range from going around to previous areas talking to past NPCs, to a gauntlet where you'll fight previous bosses. Wasn't made clear if the gauntlet can be done in a party or must be done solo.
  • The first 10 levels of your master quest leveling are easy enough to do with t1 colo equipment.
  • Every 10 levels increases your master level "rank." There are a total of 50 levels, essentially making the new level cap 100.
  • Previous skills are getting expanded and increased in terms of skill points you can pump into it. Some skills are getting rebalanced or have visual changes. Flame explosion for wizards was mentioned but not shown.
  • Everything that gave combat experience will give you master rank points after you change. On top of being used to level, these can also be used as currency to buy specific items related to master level gear and to min/max your character. Specifically. you can buy extra skill points (35000 points), and stat points (9000 points), on top of new crafting gear. Polinium (120 points) is the new item that will be used in place of elunium/oridecon for the new crafting system. You can buy new crafting items as well for cheap (12-90 points)
  • You can apply the new elemental (visual?) effect to your weapon only after it's level 11+
  • Master Class transformations can be gained as early as level 1 master rank. Costs 3 skill points, lasts for 2 minutes, has a 10 minute cooldown. Increases atk/matk and movement speed by 30% (unsure if flat or percentage), and acceleration by 15%. Appearance is determined by your starting class.
  • A max master level character will be much more powerful than a player with full Chaos gear and perfect blue seed runes. Chaos gear will carry you through a majority of the new update, however, where as the gear you're fed initially through the first few quests are to get fresh level 50s caught up with the rest of the community.

New dungeons

• Tomb of Osiris is a level 70 raid. There's no pre-requisite to enter it like past raids.
  • The loot tables for Tomb of Osiris are sill unknown.
  • Each elemental dungeon is a level 67 dungeon. No clarification on how many players can enter at a time, but presumably 5.
  • Hinted at a possible change to raid reset times to make them much shorter than they currently are. Didn't go into more detail.

Yule Festival

• Lutie snowflakes can be used to buy either the costumes, or the new titles. Other items include spinels, heavenly sausage, and soul shifting barbeque.
  • Costumes cost 100 snowflakes for the body, 50 for the hat. Costumes appear to be fusable, but not 100% sure.
  • New title works similar to Mayor Plumerge and Halloween titles, but easier. 5 snowflakes = 1 Lutie Ice. 100 Lutie Ice = 1 Ice Santa. 2 Ice Santa = Miracle title.
  • Miracle title stats are (+28 STR, +28 AGI, +27 INT, +12 WIS, +42 VIT)x2. Gives double stats until January 19th.
  • New lower face accessory: Santa beard. It's unisex.
  • There is a Christmas tree in Prontera now with Christmas themed music.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 14 December 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#9 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

I know Njoror said transform was 2 minutes, but uh.. I think it's actually 3 (just like the Noels). It could be seen at 2 for a long time in the video, so, pretty sure it just starts at 2:59.

#10 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

so:

• we must spend 3 points into transformation skill to use it's full potential, it has 10 minute cd and it last only for 2 mins so it's just copy paste of transform skill of noels
  • there is no way to pick either light or darkness transformation... each class have only one path. Jesus Christ I'm gonna cry everytime I will transform as monk into this crappy white power ranger with alien helmet
  • no info if we can hide helmets during transformations... did I mentioned that priest/monk trans helmet look like -_-?
  • no info said about special gear for each class... (new monk weapons/or dual wield gauntlets please)

also I guess that this patch won't come in last week of December/first week of January if they still are testing/adding missing content/etc...

The QQ is strong with this one.

#11 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

so:

Content isn't even out yet and you're complaining already? Geez... We've already got enough justified QQ.. we don't need more QQ coming out of expectatives.

#12 Ishvarna

Ishvarna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Now I'm wondering if skills like True Sight, Dirty Plan and Summon Spirit Sphere will reset the cooldown on transform skills, allowing Rogues, Rangers and Monks to perpetually enjoy the buff.

Edited by Ishvarna, 14 December 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#13 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

It looks interesting, I'm looking forward to the new changes. (Though can't say I'm thrilled about becoming a tree).

Is there any info yet on which skills can have more stat points for each class?

#14 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Not digging the timed transformation especially if vigor factors in cooldown it's just another buff to DPS classes over tanks. Otherwise the no pre-req dungeons and unisex beard are something to look forward to...

#15 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

so am i the only one who noticed lvl 10 Fire bolt, lvl 10 Cold bolt , lvl 10 Pyro and Flame explosion, lvl 6 Fire ball, lvl 6 Tension Relax btw other things?

#16 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

so am i the only one who noticed lvl 10 Fire bolt, lvl 10 Cold bolt , lvl 10 Pyro and Flame explosion, lvl 6 Fire ball, lvl 6 Tension Relax btw other things?

Now this has me curious.

#17 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

Is there any skill calc for master classes?

#18 Ishvarna

Ishvarna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

The Livestream revealed the Master Class skill tree for one class and the transform skill names for 2 others. There isn't enough data yet to have a full skill calc together. Also one thing I noticed from the stream is when Njoror moused over the Extra Skill Point item from the master point shot there was a little bit at the end that read "Maximum Purchasable Amount: 20". If I had to guess that means we only get 20 skill points past the 49 we get from normal levels.

#19 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

The Livestream revealed the Master Class skill tree for one class and the transform skill names for 2 others. There isn't enough data yet to have a full skill calc together. Also one thing I noticed from the stream is when Njoror moused over the Extra Skill Point item from the master point shot there was a little bit at the end that read "Maximum Purchasable Amount: 20". If I had to guess that means we only get 20 skill points past the 49 we get from normal levels.

I would assume 49, and assume he has 29 right now, thus why it's only saying 20. If he already had some upgraded skills, then this assumption makes sense.

This also being based on the fact that 20 skill points for 50 levels is a bit too few.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 15 December 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#20 Sahri

Sahri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

I'm pretty happy to see that they're actually taking their time to fix the bugs and glitches before releasing this update. Have they finally gotten the message?

#21 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Master classes makes me wanna play again..

#22 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

Master classes makes me wanna play again..

Then, perhaps you should come back. :p_smile:

#23 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

I would assume 49, and assume he has 29 right now, thus why it's only saying 20. If he already had some upgraded skills, then this assumption makes sense.

This also being based on the fact that 20 skill points for 50 levels is a bit too few.

Well you have to keep in mind that the only new skill is the transformation which goes to lvl 3. Some other skills are getting their cap raised but you won't have enough points to max them all. Hopefully this will make builds a little more diverse because you'll have to make sacrifices to max out those good skills.

#24 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Well you have to keep in mind that the only new skill is the transformation which goes to lvl 3. Some other skills are getting their cap raised but you won't have enough points to max them all. Hopefully this will make builds a little more diverse because you'll have to make sacrifices to max out those good skills.

Well, if all of the skills actually get their max levels doubled, then it wouldn't be an issue. Otherwise, if it's only a few; 20 does make sense.

#25 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Then, perhaps you should come back. :p_smile:

I probably will !

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic