Is dual log in legal / dual client - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is dual log in legal / dual client

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 markllie

markllie

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

if yes can please someone teach me how to do it without third party program

#2 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

Just open up more then 1 patch client

#3 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

yep, all you need to do is open it via the patcher more than once and you can log in as many as you like.

Of course you might be limited to how many your computer can handle, but if your comp is good enough (high end) i notice the sky is the limit lol

#4 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationThe U.S. State with the King's Guard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

Also note that due to account safety reasons, you can only log in with one different account per client. If you log in with one account with one client and log into the same one with a different client, you will be kicked off the first client so you can use the second.

#5 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

They should disable dual clienting. It's so cheap.

But I do it anyway~

Would be nice if there was an @autovend or something...

#6 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

They should disable dual clienting. It's so cheap.

They shouldn't disable it, and I don't understand what is 'cheap' about people doing it.

The only people it would hurt (as it did before long ago when it was indeed hard limited) is the legit players.

#7 TheGull

TheGull

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

They shouldn't disable it, and I don't understand what is 'cheap' about people doing it.

The only people it would hurt (as it did before long ago when it was indeed hard limited) is the legit players.

It diminishes the utility of support classes. Why should I main a Soul Linker if people can just dual into one and buff themselves? FCP themselves? Buff themselves? If I can do everything all by myself, the balance of team play is affected.

#8 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

It diminishes the utility of support classes. Why should I main a Soul Linker if people can just dual into one and buff themselves? FCP themselves? Buff themselves? If I can do everything all by myself, the balance of team play is affected.

Surely the buff scrolls are way worse. You actually have to level those characters for the buffs. People can simply buy the scroll and done.

#9 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

Surely the buff scrolls are way worse. You actually have to level those characters for the buffs. People can simply buy the scroll and done.

Agree.

It's more convenient to tag your AB or HP while leveling your main character since you can buff and heal your own character so saves you buff scrolls and HP pots.

#10 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

Because the alt has to sit in a safe spot and log off between buff applications.

It's a giant pain when I have to bring my character back to the entrance every 3-5 min to get buffs reapplied, whereas if an actual person is playing the character, they can buff me full time.

#11 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

Dual clienting lessens cases of people stealing your stuff when you just have to give some items or zenies to your other account. As for support classes, the efficiency of having a real player dedicated to the support character is much more efficient than dual clienting. So yea, I cannot find any reason as to why this should be disabled.

#12 EternalHeart

EternalHeart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

I'm new to this dual client thing as well. To make a second account, do I need a second email, and second warp portal account?  I've never made a second RO account before.

#13 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

you can make up to 3 new accounts on one WP account, all you need to do is log in your WP account and create another game id through "add new game account" in your account page. From there you just select ragnarok again and fill in the info.

#14 Jtanz

Jtanz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Dual FTW!

#15 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Because the alt has to sit in a safe spot and log off between buff applications.

It's a giant pain when I have to bring my character back to the entrance every 3-5 min to get buffs reapplied, whereas if an actual person is playing the character, they can buff me full time.

Just have it follow you.  Disable ns and nc on the buffer, and shift-right click on your main.  It should follow.  You'll have to re-do the shift and right click every time you get back on the buffer and buff though.

It's how I level pure potters/forgers/support priests/support linkers/endow sages.

Just be sure to be able to have the ability to rez them, just in case.

#16 St3phan

St3phan

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

I just dual client for my merchant and all my mains so i can always be selling and leveling and getting items.

#17 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

NECRO FOR NO REASON!!!!!!

#18 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

The downside to being able to duel client is when we have events going on, like the temporary quest in Amatsu, someone could have a bunch of characters on auto follow, run through the quest once, get a dragon helm for all those characters. Keep repeating this until you have a bunch of hats on each of the characters, then upgrade them all at once. You could end up with a dozen or more gold dragon hats when it's done and over with.

The plus side is that you can have 2 vendors (per WP account) running while your logged in, and 3 when afk, and that you can swap zeny/gear/items between characters without having to ask for help or use the sketchy mail system.

#19 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

It's too bad that threads more than X months old can't just be auto locked, especially if the question being asked in them has been answered.

#20 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

The downside to being able to duel client is when we have events going on, like the temporary quest in Amatsu, someone could have a bunch of characters on auto follow, run through the quest once, get a dragon helm for all those characters. Keep repeating this until you have a bunch of hats on each of the characters, then upgrade them all at once. You could end up with a dozen or more gold dragon hats when it's done and over with.

The plus side is that you can have 2 vendors (per WP account) running while your logged in, and 3 when afk, and that you can swap zeny/gear/items between characters without having to ask for help or use the sketchy mail system.

ive actually seen a few players with a mass entourage of alts on autofollow doing the dragon helm quest... i find it rather pathetic the levels some people will go to during some of these event... like the Takoyaki farmers...

#21 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

lol wow this thread is old, at first i didn't remember posting in this.

#22 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

So you don't want  +20 silver dragon hat I have no idea why they bring this quest back but all them hats can make you a +20 hat I don't have a pic but it was 10% chance for each upgrade so people made hundreds to make a hat that not break. the upgrader was bugged so that it would keep allowing you to upgrade till you stopped.

#23 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

All Necro-er's all over da world!

(Looks like we're going to be babysitting again...)

Edited by Alicia, 16 August 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#24 Pick

Pick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:Classic/Renewal

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

Locke

#25 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

Facekiller, that's why I said that was the "downside" to duel clienting. ;)

So you don't want  +20 silver dragon hat I have no idea why they bring this quest back but all them hats can make you a +20 hat I don't have a pic but it was 10% chance for each upgrade so people made hundreds to make a hat that not break. the upgrader was bugged so that it would keep allowing you to upgrade till you stopped.

How's someone going to make a +20 silver dragon helm with a dozen alts on auto follow? Last I heard, only the gold helm is tradable. I don't have a bunch of characters that can complete the quest. So even if they were tradable, I wouldn't be able to drag a bunch of alts with me. I need a party on my main the way it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users