Always download THE SAME PATCH as i start launcher - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Always download THE SAME PATCH as i start launcher

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 abuybuy

abuybuy

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

Hey, i got a problem and i need a help.

I got a copy file of iRO from a friend. My friend place the directory of iRO in the steam app, but i am not.

when i got the files, i play it so smooth, without any disturbances.

and i got the first patch, but i think the patch file is out of date. the patch file is: "2011-4-4data_gm.gpf"

and the updater/launcher always download that patch before i play.

is someone know how to solve this? i am trying to download the patch file manually now, but i don't know this is the solving the prob

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

Your patch.inf is corrupted so it's trying to download the very first patch file available, and all patches after that. Sometimes (for reasons we've never understood), it blanks the patch.inf instead of saving the number of the patch it's installed.

There is no way to prevent it from happening (well, there  probably is, but we have no idea what it is!), but when it happens, immediately cancel (before it finishes the 2011-4-4 patch), and do the following.  

IF YOU HAVE LET IT APPLY SOME OF THE PATCHES BUT NOT ALL BEFORE CANCELING IT, YOU MUST REINSTALL OR WAIT OUT THE PATCH PROCESS COMPLETELY BEFORE CONTINUING - If you wait out the patch process completely, patch.inf should be updated correctly and there is nothing more to do (until this happens again).

Open patch2.txt, find the number next to the last patch YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE IT DOWNLOADED AND APPLIED. A patch dated from before the last time the game successfully patches would be what you're looking for. 

Then enter that number here - http://choobs.org/stuff/patch.php

Download the patch.inf it creates and put it into your RO folder, in place of the patch.inf that's there. 

#3 abuybuy

abuybuy

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Thank you. It solve my problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users