Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Nice surprise update! :rice:

My nerd complain :

Investing in Angel Set is useless when it only lasts 14 days more than Devil Set.

Just stop unexpectedly extending the duration of the sets. It just makes you look like you don't know what you're doing.

Well some of the devil set didn't get their set effect at first, so that's why they got extended.

#27 Jirin

Jirin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

So for the raid lockout thing, does this mean we can run any previous raid as many times as we want per day, and reset them as if they were a normal dungeon? Or is it following the same one-day lockout thing going on right now?

I'm rather curious about this too.

Also.. What about the ori you get from the Perfect Attendance Box, as well as the ori and elu powder you get in certain quests. I surely hope it is gonna be changed.

Edited by Jirin, 17 December 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#28 Kytosai

Kytosai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationLaguana
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

IUm9Urt.png

#29 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

I know not having Pandora boxes drop for lvl 40s is game-breaking, but any word on these problems:

- defense runes give % damage reduction in PvE, making all tank classes useless (edit: wrong word, more like everyone with runes is a "tank")

- dungeon instances are bugged, allowing players to reset bosses without them losing any HP (e.g. using it for rmh/zadorak)

- boss sight/reset mechanics are bugged, allowing players to loop any boss (e.g. maya & most aod bosses)

Edited by mysticalre, 18 December 2013 - 01:00 AM.

#30 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:-retired-

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

Atleast let us swap our ori and elu...

I have 3 stacks of each... -_-

#31 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

iv. Death Penalty

1. 10% of Mastery Points will be lost upon death. Resurrecting by using a Blue Spinel will return 50% of the Mastery Points lost upon death.

This is rediculous stupid, if this is a permanental drawback and not just a mastery-quest based one, I quit playing a melee class and switch to ranged class instead in this case (or quit the game).

#32 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

This is rediculous stupid, if this is a permanental drawback and not just a mastery-quest based one, I quit playing a melee class and switch to ranged class instead in this case (or quit the game).

Stupid? LOL

Ever heard of the game Demon's/Dark Souls? Where you die, you lose half your HP bar until you revive yourself and lose all your souls until you go reclaim it where you died from? This is barely any of a drawback and you are one who can't take on a challenge

#33 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

1ºZanbee are you fixing the whole FPS and LAG problem? or just the FPS lag caused on hotkeys and clicking skills?. We can't WoE properly with 100+ ppl joining the map like we did on Thursday, hope you clear that stuff, i believe is misunderstood.

2ºGravity F**ed up all the oridecon farmers with this change, you should help them exchanging it for the new items.

3º Are you fixing Master jehoon's Gate glitch? Now that the event is going to an end, people is going to glitch it way more than they did it before.

4º Are you Fixing the Kafra Saver Scroll from WoE when using it  near BoA or BoS or BoP it glitch and we appear like "dead" and we gotta restart RO2.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Vau, 17 December 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#34 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

So I assume that play for 20 hours event is still giving out 100 pieces of oridecon? Because that's kind of shows lack of planning.

#35 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

will we get a manual patch? would be nice :)

#36 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Stupid? LOL

Ever heard of the game Demon's/Dark Souls? Where you die, you lose half your HP bar until you revive yourself and lose all your souls until you go reclaim it where you died from? This is barely any of a drawback and you are one who can't take on a challenge

Yes, I played it, but those are no pay-to-win games AND all classes had the same chances to survive.

In RO2 raids, it's easy to stand in the second row and watch the tank die. ^_^

#37 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

There's one problem I have with this patch... Elemental attributes are going to break the Mage class of any use in raids. All a wizard has as a main DPS is fire element, and what good is a wizard when a boss is resistant to fire. Sorcerer are in the same stance too. Who needs a sorcerer anymore if they can't DPS, when SM will be more reliable. So why play a magician anymore? Add them for buffs, kick them out.

I don't QQ often, but they should rebalance the skills first, adding more elemental spells before going for an elemental system as their "nerf" to sorcerer's nukes. I don't know why but the Devs must dislike wizards. How their whole skill tree came out with one primary element and linear skill distribution clearly shows it IMO.

--

However, I do look forward to master classes, though. Also, a nice touch is skill effect changes(Immunity aka Lag Nova?).

--

Now to pray that this patch will only have minor bugs~

#38 Ishvarna

Ishvarna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

It's all part of the hazardous life of a tank. This is nothing new to RO. RO1 had a death penalty, granted it was only 1% but resses were spammable there.

#39 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yes, I played it, but those are no pay-to-win games AND all classes had the same chances to survive.

In RO2 raids, it's easy to stand in the second row and watch the tank die. ^_^

I was referring to when you die and the consequences that come with you dying, not the game entirely.

#40 lDarkArrowl

lDarkArrowl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

I dont know why im soo afraid of this patch, with the amount of content, you can expect the same as bugs..... damn we wouldnt be able even to play lol

Edited by lDarkArrowl, 17 December 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#41 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

WIll death penalty apply in raids/dungeons also (the new ones)

#42 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

It's all part of the hazardous life of a tank. This is nothing new to RO. RO1 had a death penalty, granted it was only 1% but resses were spammable there.

i remember that ahhh lol when my knight died in ro1 TT that 1% when your lvl 98 trans oh my its hard

hahah but im glad this system is coming back

#43 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

sooo many marvelous P2W content.

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya, 17 December 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#44 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

Well... I officially am thrilled by this update.

#45 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

So what will happen with the daily attendance box price of ori piece? Is that going to be even more useless than mysterious crystals?

#46 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Overall this upgrade looks exciting. Lots of new things to do in the game.

I have a few concerns/questions about the changes though.

• Oridicon - Instead of removing its use, shouldn't we be able to trade it in like karnium. I know I spent a fair bit on it before T2 came out and have a lot stocked up. It's strange that its being completely devalued when the new attendance boxes have it as a prize. Another option would be to have all current and previous gear use ori as before and the new master gear use the new item.
  • Will dying in colo cause the loss of mastery points? If so I imagine us squishy classes that die a lot in colo won't be participating for a while.
  • Can we have more information on skill rebalancing? What changes have been made? What classes have been buffed and which classes (if any) have been debuffed?

#47 stegosaurus

stegosaurus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channel 8

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

B. Monsters will have different types of elemental abilities now.

- Depending on the elemental refinement you have on your weapon, you could do double, normal, or half damage to the monster you are fighting.

Am I right in hoping the elemental damages are only tied to weapon refinements, and have nothing to do with spell elements? Because otherwise... my poor Wizard. </3

#48 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

There's one problem I have with this patch... Elemental attributes are going to break the Mage class of any use in raids. All a wizard has as a main DPS is fire element, and what good is a wizard when a boss is resistant to fire. Sorcerer are in the same stance too. Who needs a sorcerer anymore if they can't DPS, when SM will be more reliable. So why play a magician anymore? Add them for buffs, kick them out.

I don't QQ often, but they should rebalance the skills first, adding more elemental spells before going for an elemental system as their "nerf" to sorcerer's nukes. I don't know why but the Devs must dislike wizards. How their whole skill tree came out with one primary element and linear skill distribution clearly shows it IMO.

--

However, I do look forward to master classes, though. Also, a nice touch is skill effect changes(Immunity aka Lag Nova?).

--

Now to pray that this patch will only have minor bugs~

It sounds to me like Mage elemental attacks will still be considered "Neutral" until they equip an elemental weapon.

Yeah, water element Fire Bolts and earth Element Varetyr Spears sound stupid but knowing how the RO2 devs love to copy/paste...

#49 Cronokun

Cronokun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Chaos, Odin

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Fix all of this http://forums.warppo...bug-update-122/... and the bug with the bosses (reseting boss and keep their hp).

the new refinement system will break our things like oridecon/elunium (non-karniums) on purple equipment?

#50 ImmortalDreamer

ImmortalDreamer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

So are alchemists getting new refining skills for whatever the new upgrading matetials are or are we just getting screwed out of some of our skills?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users