Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

2. Skills

A. Skills have been re-balanced

i. Skill effect, area effect, and combination skills have been improved and modified.

ii. With the Master Level update, certain skills will be extended to a higher tier than before.

iii. There will be a new transformation called “Ymir Child” added to all classes except Noels.

What bugs me about this is that other classes are going to be getting a transformation and Noels are not.

Why? Because they already have one? Well, what about all of the classes that have permanent "form" buffs that boost certain attributes? Priests, Monks, Knights, Assassins, et cetera.

There's no excuse to not give us one, too. I get that in the storyline, they're not the experimentation victims with Ymir's Heart Implants, or whatever, but still, supposedly; they have Ymir's Heart fragments themselves.

Yeah, it would give us two temporary transformations, but when other classes have permanent ones, the fact remains that it's a penalty to Noels just because of an existing skill that's "similar" to the new transformations.

Even making the Awake forms have the Haste/Vigor (if I understand the transformations correctly) boosts that the new forms have, the fact remains that you would just be boosting an existing skill, a skill that's already partially similar to the permanent skill used by Assassins. The only fair option would be to give Noels an additional transformation, or to double the duration of the existing one (doubling the cool-down as well), doubling the required skill points, while adding in the bonuses that the Awake Forms are missing in comparison to the Master Class forms.

So, basically, they've decided to make an unfair decision toward a class based on our skills and builds. What's next? Nerfing the effectiveness of pets on Crecentias?

Oh wait, people already want that. So yeah, it's possible that Crecentias are going to get screwed over if that does actually happen.

Players who don't play the class may not know this, but Crecentias have pets that are so effective due to a skill that doubles Magic Power and Attack Power. Nerfing our pets would mean they would have to be nerfed on every other class, because otherwise; it's specifically unfair treatment toward a single class. The fact is that the pets make up for the fact that we are a Debuff class, not a DPS class. All other classes use their pets freely without a nerf. Some are more OP than others. There's no reason to nerf them for one specific class. If it happens, then I suggest nerfing them to the weakest point for all classes. Meaning, whichever class has the weakest pets; nerf all of the classes to have pets of that effectiveness, if you're going to nerf Crecentias.

#53 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

4. Refine System

A. There will be an improvement to the Refinement System.

B. There will no longer be a Refinement NPC. The Refinement System can now be accessible the menu (click on the anvil).

C. You will need refine stones and refine minerals in order to refine equipment.

D. Weapon and Armor Refine Stones have been merged into one type of stone.

i. Oridecon and Ernium items can no longer be used, nor will they be sold by the NPC.

E. New Refinement Stones

-Polinium- received from Equipment Disassembly. 

-Pure Polinium- purchased via Mastery Points

-Blessing Powder- purchased with Kafra Points from the Kafra Shop

-Lucky Powder- If successful, item will have a 50:50 chance of getting either +2 or +3. It is highly advised to use this at low levels. 

G. New Refinement Protection Stone  

-Infinium: Purchased through the Kafra Shop 

a. Using Infinium

-If item is +1 to +10 and the refine fails, the item will not break. Instead it will remain at current level or will be degraded 1 level. 

-If item is +10 to +20 and the refine fails, the item will not break. Instead it will remain at current level, degrade by 1 level, or return to +10.  

sooooo basically what I'm hearing is, you need to buy Infinium with KP, it will give no guarantee of not losing a level, and, well, if you'r +10 or more already could fall back to +10, making +20 basically a statistical improbability of massive proportions that would essentially take thousands of dollars to get in reality.

Frankly I shouldn't even be surprised at this point though.  You disappoint me RO2. T_T

#54 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

idc if the game gets blasted due this patch, i need a GM to solve my unsealed weapons bug @@, my ticket almost 2 weeks

Edited by HunkSurvivor, 17 December 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#55 Dijkstra99x

Dijkstra99x

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationNeverland
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

It's all part of the hazardous life of a tank. This is nothing new to RO. RO1 had a death penalty, granted it was only 1% but resses were spammable there.

RO1 used to this. also when the Free to play applies to ro1 they increase the penalty to 5% and start putting the "Insurance Item" that prevents from losing exp.. I don't really have a problem with this because I'm used to this... but it's whole completely different in RO2 you gain Master Exp by doing quest not by monster(Not Sure).. unlike RO1 you can just farm back the exp you have lost. 

or 

if the the quest are dailies or repeatable(i guess) its easy to have them back... then there's no problem..

also "death penalty" still not clear if this effect on WOE COLO RAIDS DUELS(Died by pets).

Edited by Dijkstra99x, 17 December 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#56 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

what patch korea had before that unfortunate closure?

#57 Ishvarna

Ishvarna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Korea hadn't received any patches since the WoE update.

#58 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

pet and colo I think so o.O

#59 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

making +20 basically a statistical improbability of massive proportions that would essentially take thousands of dollars to get in reality.

Actually this is from RO1 and there is only +20 item in the world that I know and was freetheguyslavehisdaystofarmdragonhats

I think making +20 a really far off dream is nice... or maybe I'm use to RO1 with a +12+13+14 is the upper tier

But back to the main thing, wtf my ori/elu D<

#60 Lilithsama

Lilithsama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Yeah, it would give us two temporary transformations, but when other classes have permanent ones, the fact remains that it's a penalty to Noels just because of an existing skill that's "similar" to the new transformations.

Child of Ymir transformations are not permanent, they last 2 minutes and have 10 minutes of CD, or that Njoror said in the livestream of Friday, i think that's not unfair, at least you're talking about something else.

#61 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

Child of Ymir transformations are not permanent, they last 2 minutes and have 10 minutes of CD, or that Njoror said in the livestream of Friday, i think that's not unfair, at least you're talking about something else.

The Child of Ymir transformations have similar abilities to the Awake forms, as well as additional bonuses.

I think what you're missing here is that they're giving all other classes an additional transformation, including those classes that have a transformation (or form, or stance, or buff of similar status), and yet they seem to not be giving Noels one because they already have one.

While I may be assuming that's the case, if that really is the logic they have applied, then it is definitely unfair to Noels in general. It's discrimination against the Noel race. It's racist! :p_ang:

The fact of the matter is that to say that they're not getting a transformation because they already have one is utter BS. :p_err:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 17 December 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#62 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Korea hadn't received any patches since the WoE update.

does that mean Daller Mendhi city and stuff is exclusive for NA and SEA?

#63 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

The Child of Ymir transformations have similar abilities to the Awake forms, as well as additional bonuses.

I think what you're missing here is that they're giving all other classes an additional transformation, including those classes that have a transformation (or form, or stance, or buff of similar status), and yet they seem to not be giving Noels one because they already have one.

While I may be assuming that's the case, if that really is the logic they have applied, then it is definitely unfair to Noels in general. It's discrimination against the Noel race. It's racist! :p_ang:

The fact of the matter is that to say that they're not getting a transformation because they already have one is utter BS. :p_err:

so for you awakening darkness = bear form? ... you want them to give noels a second transformation to have 6 minutes of transform? you are asking for more imbalance in an ALREADY IMBALANCED GAME

#64 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

It's discrimination against the Noel race. It's racist! :p_ang:

*pinches your cute noel's cheeks*

It's okay, mommy will give you some milk and cookies so you're happy again :3

xD on a serious note, it's kinda unfair I agree, because we're talking about a skill related to "master lvls", and leaving out Noels based on the fact they already have a similar transformation... what's with BMs and their toggle transformations as well? They still receive master one! Other classes have similar stances and while not exactly as good as Noel's, its still a stance/mode. If anything, you could just give Noels a Ymir Child's transformation and modify it so its balanced compared to the rest. Lets say, compensate for the buffs they already receive, and get different ones? Longer cd? Less skillpoints in it? Either way they shouldn't be left out. I say this yet I dont really main a noel class at all. Just think it is kinda unfair to them. It doesn't have to be something overpowered. 

Edited by TifaValentine, 17 December 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#65 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

so for you awakening darkness = bear form? ... you want them to give noels a second transformation to have 6 minutes of transform? you are asking for more imbalance in an ALREADY IMBALANCED GAME

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm asking for. Why should other classes get transformations on top of theirs when theirs is already permanent?

The fact of the matter is that Noels are getting excluded because they already have a similar transformation. Imbalanced or not, it is unfair to the class.

The Master Level system is already going to cause severe imbalance. Giving Noels a form when they deserve one isn't going to cause much more Imbalance.

I'd be fine with them just extending the duration to 6 minutes, and the cool-down to 20, if it meant we had some equality, even if the form took 6 points to actually have that effect.

#66 Feelipx

Feelipx

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

sorry wrong place

Edited by Feelipx, 17 December 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#67 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

aqoNypx.png

My body is ready for the servers to go live tomorrow post patch.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 17 December 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#68 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

aqoNypx.png

it's too dangerous to go alone D;

#69 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

aqoNypx.png

I should one-up that and just walk to the Morroc map... :p_laugh:

#70 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

Can we get an estimated patch size please so I know when to start patching :D My net sux :'(

#71 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

What bugs me about this is that other classes are going to be getting a transformation and Noels are not.

Why? Because they already have one? Well, what about all of the classes that have permanent "form" buffs that boost certain attributes? Priests, Monks, Knights, Assassins, et cetera.

There's no excuse to not give us one, too.

Not only is the cres transformation better than the one other classes get you even mention it in your post that Cres also have a permanent "form" buff aka the double magical power and physical power.

We do not need another transformation thats silly

#72 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

- defense runes give % damage reduction in PvE, making all tank classes useless

More like it makes us AWESOME

Speaking as a knight with 6 ChungLim DEF runes

PU58fuZ.gif

#73 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

More like it makes us AWESOME

Speaking as a knight with 6 ChungLim DEF runes

PU58fuZ.gif

indeed, tanks gets even more benefits from it because those scalate hell better.

#74 karn16

karn16

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

A. There will no longer be dungeon lock-outs for older dungeons. Only the newest dungeons will have dungeon lock-outs.

- Players who defeat bosses from dungeons with no lockout will now have a lower than 100% chance of getting an equipment token'

I don't get it. Is that mean after we kill the bosses once we cannot get any equipment token from that bosses? If so, why don't said "no equipment token once reset time" or something like that. I don't get why said 'lower than 100% change "?

#75 SHeart

SHeart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChannel 15 Prontera

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

no oridecon, no more farming wanderer/gl. How am i supposed to get income now :( 

but nonetheless this patch looks nice, very excited  :p_laugh:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users