38 replies to this topic

#1 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Here is a quick and easy tutorial on navigating the new Refinement System in game. 

1. To open the Refinement System window, click on "Menu" and then access the Anvil. 

2. Drag or Right Click on item to populate their respective slots in the window. 

3. The equipment you would like to refine goes in slot A. 

4. Refinement Stones go in slot B. Only 1 stone is required per refine. 

-Polinium- 0% Bonus Success, received from Equipment Disassembly. 

-Pure Polinium- 20% Bonus Success, purchased via Mastery Points

-Blessing Powder- 50% Bonus Success, purchased with Kafra Points from the Kafra Shop

-Lucky Powder- If successful, item will have a 50:50 chance of getting either +2 or +3. It is highly advised to use this at low levels. 

5. Protection Stone go in slot C. 

-Infinium:

-If item is +1 to +10 and the refine fails, the item will not break. Instead it will remain at current level or will be degraded 1 level. 
        *Please be careful using Infinium. There is currently a bug with this item where it breaks the equipment being refined. 

-If item is +10 to +20 and the refine fails, the item will not break. Instead it will remain at current level, degrade by 1 level, or return to +10. 

Enhancements: The Zeny cost is MUCH lower than before, and the material components are always 1 Refine stone of any type rather than higher amounts per level.  This is one reason Oridecon and Elunium were retired. They do not cleanly enter this system due to the cost variances per refine level.  Further the chance of refining is drastically better than before, especially with the +30% and 50% items. Refinement can go up to +20 now, and each level of refinement gives a lot more bonus than pre Master System.  Weapons will gain hundreds of attack power when refined over +10.

ref.png

#2 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

This is a short and simple guide for those of you who may have questions regarding the new Refine system.

#3 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for the guide, Zanbee! Hopefully this will clarify the new system for a  lot of people still confused.

I'd like to know, however, what happens if you use just polinium at lower lvls (as in, 1 to 10). The original description led me to think the item may degrade or remain unchanged but weapon wouldnt break, even without Infinium. I assume we actually do need Infinium even for a +1 on a clean weapon? on any weapon? or only Purples?

Also, please be aware that Munil still will not accept Bradium as exchange, at least not the Bradium bought via kafra shop pre-patch. Is there way to fix this or do something with these remaining Bradiums we cannot exchange?

#4 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the guide, Zanbee! Hopefully this will clarify the new system for a  lot of people still confused.

I'd like to know, however, what happens if you use just polinium at lower lvls (as in, 1 to 10). The original description led me to think the item may degrade or remain unchanged but weapon wouldnt break, even without Infinium. I assume we actually do need Infinium even for a +1 on a clean weapon? on any weapon? or only Purples?

Also, please be aware that Munil still will not accept Bradium as exchange, at least not the Bradium bought via kafra shop pre-patch. Is there way to fix this or do something with these remaining Bradiums we cannot exchange?

Using any of the refine stones without Infinium means there's a chance of the item breaking. Infinium is the only insurance on the item not breaking during refinement. This means that there's a chance of the item breaking when using Polinium, even at lower levels. 

We will notify the devs regarding the Bradium. Thanks.

#5 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

Here is a quick and easy tutorial on navigating the new Refinement System in game. 

blablabla~

-Infinium:

-If item is +1 to +10 and the refine fails, the item will not break. Instead it will remain at current level or will be degraded 1 level. 
        *Please be careful using Infinium. There is currently a bug with this item where it breaks the equipment being refined. 

-If item is +10 to +20 and the refine fails, the item will not break. Instead it will remain at current level, degrade by 1 level, or return to +10.

by careful you mean not recklessly drop it into refine system or.... ?

If that "bug" can even be triggered no matter how careful ones are, then....

I'm gonna stay away from refining system for the time being till it's fixed...

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya, 29 December 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#6 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

-Pure Polinium- 20% Bonus Success, purchased via Mastery Point

I bought the one from mp slaes person it is normal polinium I assume this is a bug?

#7 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

(....)

TL:DR

even if you want to slightly refine your gear (max +10) you must pay real $$$$ for infinium (specially if you will miss the event with gathering letters) if you don't want to break your purple gear...

refine system without safe level is most crappy or even disgusting idea ever and WP/Gravity should feel very bad for this >.> even in RO1 there was safe level for refining gear...

ThThe original description led me to think the item may degrade or remain unchanged but weapon wouldnt break, even without Infinium.

and it should work like this on lv 1~10 refine level at least ... but NOOOOOOOOOO WP/Gravity is greedy for our money and they won't bother giving us proper fair/balanced refine system

Edited by Lukiner, 30 December 2013 - 03:18 AM.

#8 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:48 AM

Uhh you still have 15 days left on the letters event playing 1 hour a day you can potentially get 135 infinium I think that's more than enough to hoard for your Osiris weapon later.

#9 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

I really dislike that +1-+20 can break w/out using a cash shop item. This is the first time any MMO I've heard of that has no safe zones for enchanting...

Can it be changed to +1-10 can decrease one refine level if it fails unless using infinium. :(

Edited by StormHaven, 30 December 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#10 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

Idt they'll change it since it's been like that since launch.

#11 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

I would like to say i really hate this refining system. Or maybe I am just bitter that I got my weapon to +9, then proceed to fail on upgrading it enough times in a row it went to +0.

I mean what is the fail rate? It seems really high like the disassemble fail rate for gear/accessories.

#12 Lilithsama

Lilithsama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

Yeah, really nice but I think the previous refining system was just fine, there was a high probability of the gear being upgraded without problems, and when dissassembling there was no problem at all, I see no point in changing that, when you could have just lowered enhancing stones requirements for each gear and also lower the zeny it costed. Yesterday I did a dungeon with my bf, got 9 blue things, went to dissassemble... Of those 9, only 2 were successful and they only gave me 2 radiant crystals in total.

Really, I love this game, but if devs or whoever are gonna keep making this game unplayable it's just time to say "goodbye, you could have been a great game."

#13 1633130515105152960

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

I really dislike that +1-+20 can break w/out using a cash shop item. This is the first time any MMO I've heard of that has no safe zones for enchanting...

Can it be changed to +1-10 can decrease one refine level if it fails unless using infinium. :(

vOyK08.jpg

It costs 10 Master Level Coins You can get it killing mobs of your same level.

#14 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

vOyK08.jpg

It costs 10 Master Level Coins You can get it killing mobs of your same level.

I know. I've got plenty of them. What about in the long run when those are all gone and the only way to obtain them is the Item mall <.<

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

TL:DR

even if you want to slightly refine your gear (max +10) you must pay real $$$$ for infinium (specially if you will miss the event with gathering letters) if you don't want to break your purple gear...

refine system without safe level is most crappy or even disgusting idea ever and WP/Gravity should feel very bad for this >.> even in RO1 there was safe level for refining gear...

and it should work like this on lv 1~10 refine level at least ... but NOOOOOOOOOO WP/Gravity is greedy for our money and they won't bother giving us proper fair/balanced refine system

Someone here hasn't played RO1 in recent years. Do you want to know what most of RO1's current profits come from? You guessed it from my interjection: refinement! Just because the safe levels have become +4 with the merger(There were no safe refinements for the Valkyrie server, but only a perk the other premium servers had prior to the merger possessed...) in the recent year, it does not mean it's a fair system. You do not want a system similar to that here. In RO1's Renewal, you're almost required/forced to use several cash shop items to get yourselves an equip to +9 and +10. Refinement goes up to +20 in Renewal! Have you seen the rates on there? Consider yourselves lucky they're being generous that equipment is easier to get here than in that game. By the way, +4 does not give you any special effects beyond that.

In RO2, refinement is optional for the most part. In RO1, a lot of new equipments gain special effects based on their upgrade level. This makes certain equipment in RO1 obsolete or practically useless until you refine them. This isn't the case for RO2...yet.

Most of this new system severely reminds me of the system they currently have going in RO1. My guess is they're going to slowly try to make refinement their most profitable cash shop alternative to keep the game running. If so, I'm fine as long as it's optional for the most part and not required if you want to compete with everyone else. Because in RO1, you have to refine a lot of equipment in order to compete with the best of the best for the most basic of things. Over here it's just a little extra DPS and a little extra Defense, but nothing like "+9 gives you +10 to this and that Stat" kind of effects.

Edited by GuardianTK, 30 December 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#16 Frus

Frus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

what are the new refine success rates?

what are the new refine stat increase/bonus rates? 

#17 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Would like to suggest that bottom right box not say 0% chance to break if the stone is empty. It's a new system and I kinda got confused and thought it wouldnt break at lower levels since it said 0% and broke my weapon :(.

#18 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

I'm a bit confused. Is infinium still bugged or not?

#19 SynGreis

SynGreis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

yes it is. i got my only weapon left broken even with infinium.

#20 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

yes it is. i got my only weapon left broken even with infinium.

Wow, sorry to hear that. So even after this patch, it's still bugged....

#21 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:54 AM

honestly in my opinion this refinement system is really not fair.

we use real money again for this.. there shouldnt be any level of your item lowering, i dont care if the fail rate was higher, but seriously we shouldnt have to worry about our weapons or gesr being lowered any levels after we technically bought that level.

i refined the other day my armor my +4 , first refine it dropped to +3 - +2-+1 :( that was using blessing powder from the kafra shop. so now im very irritated i buy lucky powder. it goes +3 then next refine gain it dropped 1 level in the end after 8 tries my armor stayed +3 >.<

#22 GrafWuzz

GrafWuzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

I for myself must say that this new system isn't good.

Compared with the old one based on karnium, you can only loose if you don't have unlimited time to play or unlimited $$$ to buy the refining stuff.

Prior change, there are only two possibilities with Karnium : you win or you fail, weapon keeps same level ore rise up.

today :

-Infinium:

Two examples from my side :

Tried to lv up my Quivers, the result : after 50 tries : Lv 9 (half of refining mats are bought from Kafra)

Tried to lv up my Assault bow, the result : after 25 tries +10, then 3 times > Lv16 (next try was always down to +10, never degrade by 1 level) and finaly +18, because i gave up,

more then 150 tries to get +20 is out of my reach ($$) and shows the lack of programing or melt off money from players.

I congratulate all ppl, who had been more succesfull, but for me, ther's no more try in reffining until this system works as it works at karnium-area ( NO degrade und ABSOLUTE NO back to +10 )

have a nice time ^^

#23 gathel

gathel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

zanbee. there is no pure polinium at master merchant. only ordinary polinium. fix pls

#24 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

I for myself must say that this new system isn't good.

Compared with the old one based on karnium, you can only loose if you don't have unlimited time to play or unlimited $$$ to buy the refining stuff.

Prior change, there are only two possibilities with Karnium : you win or you fail, weapon keeps same level ore rise up.

today :

-Infinium:

Two examples from my side :

Tried to lv up my Quivers, the result : after 50 tries : Lv 9 (half of refining mats are bought from Kafra)

Tried to lv up my Assault bow, the result : after 25 tries +10, then 3 times > Lv16 (next try was always down to +10, never degrade by 1 level) and finaly +18, because i gave up,

more then 150 tries to get +20 is out of my reach ($$) and shows the lack of programing or melt off money from players.

I congratulate all ppl, who had been more succesfull, but for me, ther's no more try in reffining until this system works as it works at karnium-area ( NO degrade und ABSOLUTE NO back to +10 )

have a nice time ^^

This new refining system is just their way to milk money from people.. trying encourage people to spend money and refine but no definite results.

Spending KP to have more successful refining is myth... 

#25 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

This new refining system is just their way to milk money from people.. trying encourage people to spend money and refine but no definite results.

Spending KP to have more successful refining is myth... 

Actually 1-10 Rates absolutely sucks you most likely won't notice a difference with KP items.
11-20 there is a very noticeable difference

11-15 feels like 50% chance w/out Lucky or Bless
16-20 feels like 30% chance w/out Lucky or Bless

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users