A Quick Tutorial On Refining - Page 2 - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A Quick Tutorial On Refining

38 replies to this topic

#26 1214681284

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:odin

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

I spend half an hour figuring out what happened to the refine items npc and now its sitting on my menu all along! XD  where I can get the refinement stones? Im not sure regarding this new refining system I need to try it for myself.

Edited by 1214681284, 09 January 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#27 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

I felt cheated actually.. LOL

attempting to go for +10 on a +8 sword.. and ended up with a +3 .. ahahaha

made me regret I even bothered to try to get to +10

oh well.. RNG gods not on my favor

damn waste though

shiikata ga nai..

#28 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

Lol same :D

+9 to +5!

Its not glowing anymore! :(

magic powder...infinium...damn,.....still useless...

7Back to back failures!

#29 GrafWuzz

GrafWuzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

*lol* ... I was so dumb, to try again to up my bow from +9 to +10 ...

... but in my dumbness, i had the luck to get it back to +9 ...

... 10 tries for nothing :-(

,,, very cool system !

#30 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

After 170 ish infinium 20 ish lucky powder and 15 blessing powder my bow is +19... I'm so scared to try for +20

#31 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

I stopped at +17.  If you refine through someone's shop, if they set it up, I am convinced it has a higher success rate, but I don't know the numbers.  I used Polinium on my +10 bow, I got to +13 and it failed, went back to +10 and I was able to get back to +13.  So basically I saw 5/6 success with Polinium, which to me is a huge improvement already.  Using Blessing Powder I went from +14 to +17 without a fail.  I've tested it with 4 people including myself, it's a noticeable improvement.

That said, I still think refining from  your own menu should have higher success.

Sad everything turned into a cash grab in this game, or more so than it was before.

#32 Lunaticus

Lunaticus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

I stopped at +17.  If you refine through someone's shop, if they set it up, I am convinced it has a higher success rate, but I don't know the numbers.  I used Polinium on my +10 bow, I got to +13 and it failed, went back to +10 and I was able to get back to +13.  So basically I saw 5/6 success with Polinium, which to me is a huge improvement already.  Using Blessing Powder I went from +14 to +17 without a fail.  I've tested it with 4 people including myself, it's a noticeable improvement.

That said, I still think refining from  your own menu should have higher success.

Sad everything turned into a cash grab in this game, or more so than it was before.

Such small numbers don't mean -_-. If you'd say you had 50 success out of 60 then I'd be more inclined to believe you. As it is there's no reason to believe that refining through other people would have any higher chance.

#33 GrafWuzz

GrafWuzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

This may be or not ... but you can't trade Chaos-gear :-( , and there, the failing rate is very high ...

(or do i missing something? )

#34 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

Such small numbers don't mean -_-. If you'd say you had 50 success out of 60 then I'd be more inclined to believe you. As it is there's no reason to believe that refining through other people would have any higher chance.

Try it and find out for yourself.  It's worked for more than just myself now.  Also, thats 5/6 with Polinium so for me thats already 5x better than my previous times using Polinium.

#35 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

Here is a quick and easy tutorial on navigating the new Refinement System in game. 

1. To open the Refinement System window, click on "Menu" and then access the Anvil. 

2. Drag or Right Click on item to populate their respective slots in the window. 

3. The equipment you would like to refine goes in slot A. 

4. Refinement Stones go in slot B. Only 1 stone is required per refine. 

-Polinium- 0% Bonus Success, received from Equipment Disassembly. 

-Pure Polinium- 20% Bonus Success, purchased via Mastery Points

-Blessing Powder- 50% Bonus Success, purchased with Kafra Points from the Kafra Shop

-Lucky Powder- If successful, item will have a 50:50 chance of getting either +2 or +3. It is highly advised to use this at low levels. 

5. Protection Stone go in slot C. 

-Infinium:

-If item is +1 to +10 and the refine fails, the item will not break. Instead it will remain at current level or will be degraded 1 level. 
        *Please be careful using Infinium. There is currently a bug with this item where it breaks the equipment being refined. 

-If item is +10 to +20 and the refine fails, the item will not break. Instead it will remain at current level, degrade by 1 level, or return to +10. 

Enhancements: The Zeny cost is MUCH lower than before, and the material components are always 1 Refine stone of any type rather than higher amounts per level.  This is one reason Oridecon and Elunium were retired. They do not cleanly enter this system due to the cost variances per refine level.  Further the chance of refining is drastically better than before, especially with the +30% and 50% items. Refinement can go up to +20 now, and each level of refinement gives a lot more bonus than pre Master System.  Weapons will gain hundreds of attack power when refined over +10.

ref.png

LOL that! u should have farmed for inf post 1/8 patch and tried it on a weapon thats below +10

The success rate is way less that pre AoV and 1/8 patch

#36 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

This is a short and simple guide for those of you who may have questions regarding the new Refine system.

Pure poli according to ingame refine window only gives a 5% increased chance.

#37 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

Ive'd lost 10kp and not having anything pass by +10.. it was so painful.. :(

#38 Lilithsama

Lilithsama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

I wouldn't mind about higher costs if the success rate was the same as pre AoV patch, and better for equipment under +10.

I have spent a lot more than a thousand hours in this game, and this changes just make me feel insulted, just because I don't have money to feed whoever's greed.

And yes, I could have just left this game, but it's the only game I can play due to my internet service.

#39 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

so I didn't bothered to touch this new refine system after last few patches and I'm kinda curious if something changed

do weapons can still break/be destroyed bellow +10 or they FINALLY implemented safe levels at least to +6/+7?

do people can get Infinium from drops/daily quests or smth else or it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ p2w or having over 9000kkk zeny in pocket? specially that master letters event ended so no free Infinium for new players or for those who had break from bugnarok 2

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users