Christmas Event 2013 Guide - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Christmas Event 2013 Guide

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#26 raijin09

raijin09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

is this quest repeatable??

#27 Knyghtfoxcries

Knyghtfoxcries

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

once every 23 hours. even if you do this on every character you own you still will have to waste hours of time. They really didnt think this through. What poor rewards for so much effort.

#28 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Woo the lag in Lutie reminds me of trying to go to the mall for Christmas shopping

#29 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Man, the drop rate for bag of selling is really low (on top of the monster low spawn rate).

What do the XMAS cookies do?

#30 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

Whats a angeling pot?

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/12350/ - When used, casts [Blessing] Lv 5 and [Angelus] Lv 5 on the user.

http://irowiki.org/w...as_Event_(2013) iROwiki version. I assume only the hunting items portion is the only repeatable part?

Better then the Halloween quest but not by much :I

Anyone else notice that the client isn't removing your buff icons after their durations end and the INSANE fps drop after being in lutie for several minutes? Something is messed up.

Edited by Toxn, 18 December 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#31 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Man, the drop rate for bag of selling is really low (on top of the monster low spawn rate).

What do the XMAS cookies do?

the XMAS cookies were used for last years christmas quest that gave the polar bear cap as reward. They aren't used for anything this year and are account bound. so yea...your kinda stuck with them.  :p_swt:

#32 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Is there an EXP reward? Could somebody please post it if there is?

#33 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

There is no EXP reward.

Also Lutie is causing RO to do that old ass bug where it doesn't remove its memory from your RAM :v 300mb usage to 700mb usage in a matter of minutes. Keeps going up until the client crashes.

#34 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

lol that sucks, at least that cute hat is a costume xD

btw hai i saw you toxn, in the secret place :x

#35 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

btw hai i saw you toxn, in the secret place :x

sssshhhhh

#36 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

this quest is -_- horrible.

they took the failure that is the mjolnir quest and combined it with a world collections quest all for a roll of the dice crapshoot reward system that is primarally made up of garbage all while having to swim through a sea of lag that makes eden look enjoyable to be in while 90 performers all play songs with wizards casting LOV and full graphics effects settings on

why couldnt they just give us the costume hat and music box and some exp as the reward. and why is this map so -_-? ive nevr lagged like this on lutie before

#37 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Why you don't try with just the Umbala couple? I think that it warranties +1 every time. (I just spammed those)

I tried the Fairy Couple, but it seems is 50/50.

The other couples I didn't try...

Every couple has failed me at least once. It wasn't unusual to be at 0 points after 10 tries.

#38 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

There is no EXP reward.

Also Lutie is causing RO to do that old ass bug where it doesn't remove its memory from your RAM :v 300mb usage to 700mb usage in a matter of minutes. Keeps going up until the client crashes.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

merry xmas! were gonna waste your time for no exp and -_- your computer!  :p_idea:

Edited by killedbytofu, 18 December 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#39 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

There is no EXP reward.

That is pretty harsh.

#40 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

The problem with the quest is that, unlike the last Halloween one, it doesn't give you the BIG PRIZE (the Hat) first so you need to be lucky.

About the items you can get them before hand.  Just go to a little map (the ones between Prontera and Orc Village are my faves) and comb the place for the raccons.  Alternatively, I'm AFK leveling my Bio in OD...there are lots of raccoons there and the Homuns don't attack them (unless they get caught in an AoE) so you just need to worry of zenorcs and chon chons looting you.

Just did it with my Bio...I spammed the Umbala couple +1 points, 5 times in a row....

But...I just wished they gave the hat first....(wonder if that means that one character can get many of them)

#41 Tweet213847

Tweet213847

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

once every 23 hours. even if you do this on every character you own you still will have to waste hours of time. They really didnt think this through. What poor rewards for so much effort.

why don't you cry some more? no one is forcing you to do anything

Edited by Tweet213847, 18 December 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#42 SergioSSA1LER

SergioSSA1LER

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Everything is fine but the drop rate of the Bag of Selling Goods, you take longer just gathering up those 10 bags than doing the whole quest.

#43 Zeois

Zeois

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

Everything is fine but the drop rate of the Bag of Selling Goods, you take longer just gathering up those 10 bags than doing the whole quest.

i agree to this one, the quest is fine but when it comes to bag of selling goods it takes forever because of bots are everywhere and worst of all your reward is a freaking firecrackers and obb   :p_swt:

Edited by Zeois, 18 December 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#44 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

i dont mind putting in the effort to hunt the items even with the low spawn/low drop rate... i HATE the FPS issue in Lutie tho... makes me not want to go back to do the quest again.... its just so horrible and the fact that you gotta wait for the couples to spawn is stupid since the longer you wait the worse the FPS is until you crash

#45 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Oh my god this couple breakup thing is so annoying. Wait 100 seconds then you get like 5 fails in a row.

It would be fine if failing just kept your points the same, not -1 =_= With enough horrible luck you could potentially never finish this quest.

Yeah I was talking to the Dark Lord/Succubus couple (cute couple btw) and someone said he's been doing the breakup part for 90 minutes and he managed to get stuck at 2 points. I wasn't sure if he was exaggerating though but that's just horrible. D:

Thanks for the guide too :D this was like the first time I used the /navi command properly xD
I got the accessory on the first go and 5 scrolls of it on my second. Boohoo :(

#46 Jen1oak

Jen1oak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4736 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

im done! takes forever to finish getting the 5points and will just get ~~~ -_-

#47 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

Updated the first post to state that the xmas_in npcs appear to be 100% success. Need people to test that to confirm it.

Also, some people are zooming through those npcs at macro/bot speed. WP, you guys should make the npcs not disappear because it's becoming nearly impossible to click them when they appear and are gone in less than a second. People are abusing the heck out of these npcs and it's griefing the players. Something should be done about it.

Also Oda/Camp, was this quest supposed to be 0 exp in our version? I understand we got this quest from another RO version, seem's rather scrooge-esque to not give any exp for a christmas quest, so can can you guys just add in some exp for us? :p_swt:

Cheers!

Edited by Tkwan, 19 December 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#48 Henneh

Henneh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

Christmas quest and it involves breaking couples up. Let me guess for valentines we go and get them back together???

+ bots or no bots people are camping the spots that the NPC spawn making it nearly impossible for people who are walking around trying to find the other NPCs.

#49 scrunch3y

scrunch3y

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

Sitting and waiting for a specific NPC to show up is not that bad and doesn't require superhuman reflex skills. If you wait at the Umbala NPC, you can get the 5 points within 9 minutes or so, guaranteed. It is a 100% chance for 1 point every 100 seconds. Just play a movie or tab to another window while you wait!

The rate at which the Cat Santa Hat drops from the bag is what's ridiculous. I had to do this quest twenty-two times to get ONE hat. Was about ready to throw my computer out the window by the 20th time.

#50 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

To make the quest less painful for everyone:

Please stand near the NPC. When the NPC spawn, open the dialog, do not spam enter. Press your SIT key and wait for everyone around you to also sit. When everyone is sitting, everyone can continue the dialog. This way, everyone gets a shot at talking to the NPC. Less waiting people, more happy people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users