The new update: Priest Discussion. - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The new update: Priest Discussion.

26 replies to this topic

#1 1987130502183006863

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Okay, peeps, i made this thread for all the priests to talk about of how we got affected on the last update, and i want to hear your thoughts, here are mines:

-Healing didn't changed, but now it heals the half than before: well, that's pretty understandable, priests were before like indestructible healing machines, and on colo people didn't liked to target them because they don't die unless they get piled by at least 3 people.

-The attacks: even through we're meant to be a Full support class, i believe also we should have some attack power, the problem is, that although we hit bad, ur accuracy (well in my case) got downgraded much.

• when i perform Ray Of Genesis, 1 out of the 5 hits that does the attack actually hits
  • curse spells have horrible accuracy, i counted on colosseum that i casted 20 times curse spells of any kind on a person and none of them worked. This is bad, because is one of the only good ways that priests got to attack on colo, also with RoG.

One thing that frustrated me on arena was that, a Thief, a level no higher than 25, with 200 HP, was able to kill me, because my hits always missed.

so now, as a priest, i find pretty useless right now, also, i don't know if i would change to full-suport on level 50 or continue being hybrid, because master class, i don't know the best build to level up yourself.

¿what are your thoughts about this?

#2 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

all int based users are bugged, including monks lol

#3 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

i haven't been able to hop on since the patch but having high heal get the cap increase rather than regular heal seems kind of odd to me

#4 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

My rog hits everysingle time and almost crits every single hit at like 2k. I hate my heal - 800 reno? wtf. I had 1k before patch. This grinding sucks balls and not only that did they mess up my matk and -_-s :< 

#5 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

What downgraded? We barely hit our targets at all.

Ray of Genesis actually hits seven times. But getting it to land maybe once out of them......as well damage output is kinda low even...so maybe I'd land a hit of 200~500...

Kills in colo are almost null...

Heals have been weaker yes, but since we are able to add more points to them (when we get them xD) they should go back up to par and speed, however kinda makes us hard to be useful in parties and raids when we can barely keep up with the need of heals.

And I have been getting MISS when healing even, so not helping....and no I was not too far from the party member and I would notice the MISS show up on said party member having to recast again.

Our DOTs are a joke currently, as you mentioned, we need to cast it several times for it to stick to the target and as we are doing so we're either almost dead or dead already which kinda made the effort almost nothing.

Although if you do mange to hit with them they seem to be doing their damage alright.

I don't really recommend going FS if you are currently used to being a Hybrid, much less since then you can barely do anything at all.

Its bad enough we have to grind a lot more to get points and all...

The only thing I can say, thank Odin we have Aqua Benedicta to help us recover some SP in battle since we seem to waste a lot more than normal. Some fights I use it a good four or five times alongside with pots to keep it from going to zero - despite I rarely needed to have to go to such extreme measures to have power to try to keep the party alive.

Not saying I'm a prefect healer, those are the FS, but I was pretty decent, now? You can just put me in a corner until you find some use for me...

Edited by DarkKurayami, 20 December 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#6 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

Believe me, my fellow healers and casters, we sorcs are as much screwed as you are. Even dps'ing as sorcerer is now useless due to the severe "nerf" to magic-based classes. I respec'd my sorc to dps since her heals became extremely useless (and I was proud of them before...), and I'm still really weak. Let's not even mention colo for us xD

#7 1987130502183006863

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

anyway, with this uptade, i lost all my wishes too keep going on with my priest and start to focus on my rogue and knight, it's bad that took from us the only thing on that we're usefull on a party.

without that skill that heals all the hp instantly, i believe my party would be always dead, and i believe now for harder partys there will be needed at least 2 priests

#8 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

Believe me, my fellow healers and casters, we sorcs are as much screwed as you are. Even dps'ing as sorcerer is now useless due to the severe "nerf" to magic-based classes. I respec'd my sorc to dps since her heals became extremely useless (and I was proud of them before...), and I'm still really weak. Let's not even mention colo for us xD

Not saying you guys don't have your issues as well, its for all magic users this issue.

However you guys are still a tad more useful than use priests since you guys have a better AOE heal as well DPS, despite all MISS and whatnots, so you guys still have a slit better edge, slight mind you.

Hopefully things will get fixed soon so that we magic users canbe of use.

So much for trying to get a friend to play agian but with this he doesn't want to touch his sorc nor wiz.

Edited by DarkKurayami, 20 December 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#9 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

Not saying you guys don't have your issues as well, its for all magic users this issue.

However you guys are still a tad more useful than use priests since you guys have a better AOE heal as well DPS, despite all MISS and whatnots, so you guys still have a slit better edge, slight mind you.

Hopefully things will get fixed soon so that we magic users canbe of use.

So much for trying to get a friend to play agian but with this he doesn't want to touch his sorc nor wiz.

Ummm the AoE heal is a joke atm....i dont think any1 in their right mind will waste skill points on LOR or Deluge

Yeah for DPS we can switch to the fire side of the mage tree....but then it just eats up all ya SP

So basically its all slow casting skills now..which drains all your SP

I doubt is any1 uses VS anymore....long CD...laughable damage...and to add to it...it misses like that was what it was meant to DO!

#10 Miryai

Miryai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (ch.3)

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

Healing was fine imo in PvE. But raiding as full support is kind of pointless at the moment... no one really needs heal. Bosses became quite a joke, so I had to reset my priest to hybrid, which was also the better choice to grind for master points solo since I noticed I don't get far with my Holy Light lv 1. 

But yeah, I miss playing my priest as full support and sadly bosses aren't challenging at all.

#11 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

It's impossible to be full support atm. Even if u are, ur heals definitely have been nerfed 

highness stayed at around 2.5 to 3 k for a level 10 compared to lvl 5. Next, meditatio was maxed but nothing of the sort happened. Reno for me was 1k > barely hitting 800. My heals used to be around 1.8 without crit, now its at 1.2 MAXED still. Ray of genesis which i never had leveled up hasn't missed as much as stated but yes, it sucks balls compared to the monster's hp. My holy light hits 400 compared to the 1.2k before *-* I'm fed up with priests atm i don't even know why i'm playing it. Some of my guildies who are more raid based than pvp based are talking about quitting too since raids don't need priests anymore + even if they did (for those -_-ty abyss from rm H), the heals would not make up for it. Yes crit for highness can be ask much as 20k (as stated by one of my guildies) but they're useless if it doesnt crit as much =.=

#12 ItsFierce

ItsFierce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

It's impossible to be full support atm. Even if u are, ur heals definitely have been nerfed 

highness stayed at around 2.5 to 3 k for a level 10 compared to lvl 5. Next, meditatio was maxed but nothing of the sort happened. Reno for me was 1k > barely hitting 800. My heals used to be around 1.8 without crit, now its at 1.2 MAXED still. Ray of genesis which i never had leveled up hasn't missed as much as stated but yes, it sucks balls compared to the monster's hp. My holy light hits 400 compared to the 1.2k before *-* I'm fed up with priests atm i don't even know why i'm playing it. Some of my guildies who are more raid based than pvp based are talking about quitting too since raids don't need priests anymore + even if they did (for those -_-ty abyss from rm H), the heals would not make up for it. Yes crit for highness can be ask much as 20k (as stated by one of my guildies) but they're useless if it doesnt crit as much =.=

This simply isn't true and I can show you later if I manage to catch you online. Our base numbers suck, yes, as is currently the case with all INT based classes, but at least for priests there are ways you can work around it to still be an unnecessarily powerful healing machine should we ever get the chance the actually raid again.

BTW, 28k is my current record on a highness heal crit, without wiz/SM/pet buffs (My gear isn't even as good as yours!!). More testing and game-breaking to come...

anyway, with this uptade, i lost all my wishes too keep going on with my priest and start to focus on my rogue and knight, it's bad that took from us the only thing on that we're usefull on a party.

without that skill that heals all the hp instantly, i believe my party would be always dead, and i believe now for harder partys there will be needed at least 2 priests

So...exactly the way it's always been? Practically all raids before this patch had 2 or more priests (or an equivalent healer, such as a full support sorc), simply because it was necessary; it's difficult for one priest to keep heals on 10 people all at once. If anything, this patch made it more possible for a priest to solo heal, since highness heal can now hit 5 people on roughly a 6 second CD, after vigor. The fact that highness is now an instant cast does nothing but make healing that much easier, so even bad priests can at least get heals on people. Sorc's have a useless LoR? No problem. Put those points into the DPS tree. Although...all this will be moot if they don't fix the dodge/hit bugs and give us a real raid to work with.

Edited by ItsFierce, 20 December 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#13 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

What are you talking about HH was always instant cast. It had a bit of a longer animation before and that got reduced if you mean that but there was never a casting time on it. However not sure how well a priest could heal solo because even though HH can get more targets it still has a small area of coverage. If using it on the tank you'd have to make sure other melee are actually near the tank and not running away like they like to do for some reason so they never get the splash of HH anyways when it covered 3 people which always made me rip my hair out. It is however easier to heal the other ranged next to you in a raid setting but I always felt that's what LoR was for. I'm more bugged that Reno didn't get anymore levels. You can keep heals on 10 people easily with that for sure and was one of my favorite heals to use. I just don't get the sudden bump for DPS and only bump for HH and far as updating heals go. Priest is supposed to be a heal class mainly not really a damage dealer. I'm surprised not even normal heal got more levels @_@ Did they give us less use because other classes have gained more heals?

#14 ItsFierce

ItsFierce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

What are you talking about HH was always instant cast. It had a bit of a longer animation before and that got reduced if you mean that but there was never a casting time on it. However not sure how well a priest could heal solo because even though HH can get more targets it still has a small area of coverage. If using it on the tank you'd have to make sure other melee are actually near the tank and not running away like they like to do for some reason so they never get the splash of HH anyways when it covered 3 people which always made me rip my hair out. It is however easier to heal the other ranged next to you in a raid setting but I always felt that's what LoR was for. I'm more bugged that Reno didn't get anymore levels. You can keep heals on 10 people easily with that for sure and was one of my favorite heals to use. I just don't get the sudden bump for DPS and only bump for HH and far as updating heals go. Priest is supposed to be a heal class mainly not really a damage dealer. I'm surprised not even normal heal got more levels @_@ Did they give us less use because other classes have gained more heals?

Highness heal was "instant" - it had a 1-2 sec animation time, meaning the time difference between casting a normal Heal (1 sec cast time), and a Highness Heal (instant) was actually roughly the same, if you take into account the time between the start of the cast and the time the heal actually hits. With the update, HH now heals immediately after you hit the button - that's my definition of an instant cast.

I think solo healing is viable because a typical raid setup would have no more than around 4 melee classes, meaning 6/10 were ranged. Generally speaking, the ranged group will be stacked up for the majority of boss fights. I'm kind of glad in a way that Reno is weaker than it used to be; having a 1.4k-1.6k reno with AA up with full raid buffs made healing less of timing my heals, and more of just maintaining reno up on anyone who could potentially take damage. Now you actually have to target and heal people. (I wish we had a real, challenging raid to actually do this in, though...) As for HH not managing to hit multiple people, that's kinda your fault...you should take note of everyone's positioning before you use up your aspersio charge. If they're too spread out, it's much more efficient to just force a crit heal on 3 individual people and then tagging them with a reno instead of blowing it on one HH that only hits 1-2 people. (Obviously it's very situational, part of the reason I love playing a priest so much is that no situation will ever be the same and you have to constantly adapt to your particular situation.)

Regardless though, even if solo healing is possible, I doubt many priests would be up for it. Even with a HH that hits 5 people, it's a lot of work to keep 10 people healed at once if they aren't spamming potions/healing skills/heal pets.

#15 Saitosen

Saitosen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

This explains a lot of issues I've been having with my new Acolyte. The misses are so often it's a miracle I've gotten this far (level 11). I think I'm going to go back and start grinding on some lower level mobs soon since the SP consumption and miss rate are debilitating. Though, I can't say I don't hate the challenge... Job changing to a Monk will be all the sweeter when I get there.

#16 3083130728143154097

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Locationhawaii

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:35 AM

BUGS ASIDE-  THE PRIEST UPDATE IS A NEAR COMPLETE JOKE and shows that devs don't play priest

without discussing magic power/ atk/heal amounts

|THE PROS|
Holy light max lvl 10 - very important for dps priest as this is our MAIN ATTACK
Ray of genesis max lvl 10 -very important as this is our finisher/secondary attack
Gloria increased to lvl 6 - very helpful- but the lex divina part is both useless and strange
Increased pocket time on Aspersio (not that important but good to have so stuns/sleeps don't waste your aspersio, which is vital for a priest)
Aspersio max level/cool down time (though still useless at max level because of cool down on Aqua benedicta) - this skill should instead have a chance to not consume holy water by chance when used.
Judex can now target and stun up to 9 monsters for 5 seconds (LAWL) - otherwise though, this skill is 100% useless, but, the stun is hilarious, as it can render groups of trash mobs near useless in raids- THX ^_^
magnus exorcism has been made easier and harder to cast at the same time, but can move while casting, other then farming though, this skill is terrible.
Highness Heal can now HoT up to 5 targets (up from 3) though this requires a whopping 10 points
meditation is no longer useless when properly geared thanks to the new HIT formula

|THE CONS|
All 3 DoTs are TERRIBLE with the exception being oratio from magnus exorcism (even if bugs was fixed) AND- its only good for farming
The Lex Divina Update is a joke, and completely useless as a finishing move, holy light will still hit harder, and quicker, even with its new "instant cast" whos terrible idea was this anyway? if it has a chance to be cast automatically, alongside holy light, that would be nice, too bad it only works with heal....which is....weird.... thanks to the proc from Gloria
Magnus exorcism should apply all Dots- not just 1, otherwise this skill has no use except for farming. even combining it with aspersio+judex only gives 10% damage bonus for like 1 or 2 seconds (USELESS)- an aspersio is better used to apply the dot
Increase Agility still useless- even with 5 points used- a wind elixir is 10x better.
Recovery is still useless, its just a perk from going for archangel
resurrection still only needs 1 point, nobody puts 3 points into this
recovery still 99% useless- its nice to have, because its earned on the way to archangel- otherwise, useless
suffragium- STILL useless
angelus- STILL useless
archangel- we have to go all the way down and 5 points in (13 total) for a 25% bonus every 1min which only lasts a moment- sorc/wiz have much higher MATK, increase this max lvl, and % to make it more valuable, as it is core for hybrid/dps and FS priest
Heal- our main healing skill, is still capped at lvl 5, seems strange to increase holy light but not heal, especially when HP has gotten so high - maybe the new meditation is why this skill is kept at 5? after all, the crit heals are a bit higher.
Renovatio- now entirely useless
sacrament- FS only skill, important, but lacking for 5 points, this skill should scale better as it is a FS build necessity
Coluceo heal- its just so hard to like this skill, lifesaver as it is, maybe maybe this skill should be blended with assumption because of the cool downs on both these skills
Assumptio- so many points, too long of a cool down, it isn't actually THAT GOOD (except for the tank and in colo)
Sanctuary got a buff but now its just a huge cool down for a 10 second boost of 15% bonus HP, because highness heal has replaced it as a group cure- especially since its the bottom of our tree.
Blessing was untouched, which, I guess Is okay.
Aqua benedicta was untouched- even though Aspersio- its directly related skill, received a buff, and now is not balanced.

you asked...

I delivered

Edited by 3083130728143154097, 23 December 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#17 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:44 AM

There is a new healer in town!

million HP heals per cast :D

#18 minimara

minimara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:52 AM

I don't know what you guys are talking about but my priest is able to heal just fine did you ever consider that your builds might just be bad?

#19 ItsFierce

ItsFierce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

BUGS ASIDE-  THE PRIEST UPDATE IS A NEAR COMPLETE JOKE and shows that devs don't play priest

without discussing magic power/ atk/heal amounts

|THE PROS|
Holy light max lvl 10 - very important for dps priest as this is our MAIN ATTACK
Ray of genesis max lvl 10 -very important as this is our finisher/secondary attack
Gloria increased to lvl 6 - very helpful- but the lex divina part is both useless and strange
Increased pocket time on Aspersio (not that important but good to have so stuns/sleeps don't waste your aspersio, which is vital for a priest)
Aspersio max level/cool down time (though still useless at max level because of cool down on Aqua benedicta) - this skill should instead have a chance to not consume holy water by chance when used.
Judex can now target and stun up to 9 monsters for 5 seconds (LAWL) - otherwise though, this skill is 100% useless, but, the stun is hilarious, as it can render groups of trash mobs near useless in raids- THX ^_^
magnus exorcism has been made easier and harder to cast at the same time, but can move while casting, other then farming though, this skill is terrible.
Highness Heal can now HoT up to 5 targets (up from 3) though this requires a whopping 10 points
meditation is no longer useless when properly geared thanks to the new HIT formula

|THE CONS|
All 3 DoTs are TERRIBLE with the exception being oratio from magnus exorcism (even if bugs was fixed) AND- its only good for farming
The Lex Divina Update is a joke, and completely useless as a finishing move, holy light will still hit harder, and quicker, even with its new "instant cast" whos terrible idea was this anyway? if it has a chance to be cast automatically, alongside holy light, that would be nice, too bad it only works with heal....which is....weird.... thanks to the proc from Gloria
Magnus exorcism should apply all Dots- not just 1, otherwise this skill has no use except for farming. even combining it with aspersio+judex only gives 10% damage bonus for like 1 or 2 seconds (USELESS)- an aspersio is better used to apply the dot
Increase Agility still useless- even with 5 points used- a wind elixir is 10x better.
Recovery is still useless, its just a perk from going for archangel
resurrection still only needs 1 point, nobody puts 3 points into this
recovery still 99% useless- its nice to have, because its earned on the way to archangel- otherwise, useless
suffragium- STILL useless
angelus- STILL useless
archangel- we have to go all the way down and 5 points in (13 total) for a 25% bonus every 1min which only lasts a moment- sorc/wiz have much higher MATK, increase this max lvl, and % to make it more valuable, as it is core for hybrid/dps and FS priest
Heal- our main healing skill, is still capped at lvl 5, seems strange to increase holy light but not heal, especially when HP has gotten so high - maybe the new meditation is why this skill is kept at 5? after all, the crit heals are a bit higher.
Renovatio- now entirely useless
sacrament- FS only skill, important, but lacking for 5 points, this skill should scale better as it is a FS build necessity
Coluceo heal- its just so hard to like this skill, lifesaver as it is, maybe maybe this skill should be blended with assumption because of the cool downs on both these skills
Assumptio- so many points, too long of a cool down, it isn't actually THAT GOOD (except for the tank and in colo)
Sanctuary got a buff but now its just a huge cool down for a 10 second boost of 15% bonus HP, because highness heal has replaced it as a group cure- especially since its the bottom of our tree.
Blessing was untouched, which, I guess Is okay.
Aqua benedicta was untouched- even though Aspersio- its directly related skill, received a buff, and now is not balanced.

you asked...

I delivered

Gloria procs on both Heal and Holy Light, so the idea is that you dps by spamming Holy Light, and use the Gloria proc to throw out a quick Lex Divina that has guaranteed double damage. Seems like more of a pvp thing than pve/dps.

A lot of your "ideas" would make priests completely broken (overpowered). Were the game not in a horrifically bug-ridden state, priests would be in a good spot right now. Our heals are stronger than ever (although this isn't that much of a perk, given everyone's enormous health pools now). I can go into detail if you want, but I don't really feel like writing an essay at the moment.

#20 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about but my priest is able to heal just fine did you ever consider that your builds might just be bad?

The heals are as is compared to before. My guildies ^ that one above too have been critting at like 20 ~ 30 k but i think its all +20 weapons? correct me if i'm wrong ado <3 Im still doing the same as i had before, 1.9k heals, 3k highness without crit/aspersio etc. It was not like this til the patch last night where i did like 1.2k heals and barely hitting a 3k highness.. My reno went from 700 to 900 now :3 

#21 Ayakaya

Ayakaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

Lex Divina can also proc Gloria now, and the 3rd effect where Lex Divina restores 3 Holy Waters when landed as a killing blow is now also activated if used on a target that has 20% HP or less.  This function somewhat offsets the new lower CD of lvl 6 Aspersio, except for rare bosses that may not have adds (only Mini&Mongi comes to mind).   Lvl 6 Lex Divina's CD is 5s, and after vigor possibly 3s (Mine is 3.5s with just colo gear, and no SM links),  A crit Lex Divina + Gloria = 1680% dmg.  Also a neat trick that may requires a bit of practice for the precise timing is that you can use the same Gloria proc for both a Lex Divina and either a HL or Heal by throwing the Lex Divina then using one of the latter two at the exact moment when Lex Divina lands (at the most 0.1-0.2 seconds after).  It's similar to Throw Dagger + Dark Illusion.

#22 Foldi

Foldi

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

So I made a new forum account to explain how dumb this new system is.

First off, lets take a gander at this wonderful picture:

hQccUf0.jpg

So that's just to prove that priests can do a fat heal. As you can see I have quite a few buffs active at the moment. I turned into Tyrael with Archangel on top of an INT potion and statue buff. I had around ~9k MATK during that. However, MATK isn't really that important anymore. What is important is the min/max damage on your mace. The healing formula is extremely screwed right now. It slightly increases your healing from MATK, but sends it through the roof with min/max damage. These are a couple scenarios I have had:

> With gear on and a +0 Menace Mace, my reno did ~700 per tick.

> With gear off and a +0 Menace Mace, my reno did ~500 per tick.

This was with a change of ~400 INT, which was about 800 MATK at the time (Now it's 1200). That is a pretty huge difference in MATK, yet it yielded such a little result. However, with upgrading the mace, I noticed some ridiculous numbers:

> With a +10 Menace Mace and gear on, my reno did ~1100 per tick.

> With a +20 Menace Mace and gear on, my reno did ~1500 per tick.

I'm not -_-ting you. Upgrading your weapon is probably the best way to boost heals right now. Unfortunately it'll require cash shop items unless you're extremely lucky, which is what probably drove them to doing this in the first place.

Edited by Foldi, 24 December 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#23 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

So I made a new forum account to explain how dumb this new system is.

First off, lets take a gander at this wonderful picture:

hQccUf0.jpg

So that's just to prove that priests can do a fat heal. As you can see I have quite a few buffs active at the moment. I turned into Tyrael with Archangel on top of an INT potion and statue buff. I had around ~9k MATK during that. However, MATK isn't really that important anymore. What is important is the min/max damage on your mace. The healing formula is extremely screwed right now. It slightly increases your healing from MATK, but sends it through the roof with min/max damage. These are a couple scenarios I have had:

> With gear on and a +0 Menace Mace, my reno did ~700 per tick.

> With gear off and a +0 Menace Mace, my reno did ~500 per tick.

This was with a change of ~400 INT, which was about 800 MATK at the time (Now it's 1200). That is a pretty huge difference in MATK and it yielded such a little result. However, with upgrading the mace, I noticed some ridiculous numbers:

> With a +10 Menace Mace and gear on, my reno did ~1100 per tick.

> With a +20 Menace Mace and gear on, my reno did ~1500 per tick.

I'm not -_-ting you. Upgrading your weapon is probably the best way to boost heals right now. Unfortunately it'll probably require cash shop items, which is what probably drove them to doing this in the first place.

This is intended behavior since the master level system was introduced you gain tons of stat points which would be overpowered with the old formulas. Upgrading your weapon is very important and cheap now since you get free infiniums by gathering the master level pieces. I like that damage is more everyman friendly instead of the old HUGE gap in power levels due to stat stacking kafra shoppers.

#24 DuBisk

DuBisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNapoli, Italy

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

This is intended behavior since the master level system was introduced you gain tons of stat points which would be overpowered with the old formulas. Upgrading your weapon is very important and cheap now since you get free infiniums by gathering the master level pieces. I like that damage is more everyman friendly instead of the old HUGE gap in power levels due to stat stacking kafra shoppers.

Very cheap? Have you actually ever tried refining with infiniums? It's kinda impossible getting over +5, even using a lot of them.

#25 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:31 AM

Of course not but how do you explain all the +20 weapons ive been seeing announced if it wasnt cheap. You do get free infiniums,polunium from pandoras and 2 lucky powder every week.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users