THE AFTERMATH : SHUT DOWN THE SERVER. - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

THE AFTERMATH : SHUT DOWN THE SERVER.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

only some char are playable.

need to say more? This is by far the most outrageous outcome from a game update by you guys.

just shut it. You're damaging yourself by letting us play, esp for those who dont read forums.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

35468509.jpg

#3 Sahri

Sahri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, the bugs in WoE weren't nearly as severe as the ones in this patch. As punishment you will have to release the patch on sunday instead of monday.

#4 6694130503044502970

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

only some char are playable.

need to say more? This is by far the most outrageous outcome from a game update by you guys.

just shut it. You're damaging yourself by letting us play, esp for those who dont read forums.

hehe. this is funny.  :p_laugh:

#5 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

While shutting down the Server is a bit too extreme, rollback and let the Master Levels go to Hell sound a lot more better.

#6 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

Well honestly, things like this are bound to happen, it's one of those casual MMO moments.

Things will get better over time

there's been plenty of bad moments.

just need to:

hangbl.png

Edited by AmiiMii, 20 December 2013 - 01:44 AM.

#7 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

While shutting down the Server is a bit too extreme, rollback and let the Master Levels go to Hell sound a lot more better.

I'd say it's more the system changes than the master levels and master classes. I think adding extensions to the skill trees is a good idea, just their choice of damage numbers was terrible. Buffing things to do even 500%++ damage is a mistake. The difference between the classes that used to scale better (e.g. Rangers) than other classes becomes even more obvious now than before.

Whatever they did to the original stat formulas (crit, attack, matk, defense, etc) and base stats was a beyond awful idea. The only stat-wise change I agree with is adding some use to WIS and skills requiring more SP. Even then, with the new SP costs and formulas, it's total crap levelling a lvl <50 character, they didn't even consider new & incoming players.

It's also retarded that Master Forms of every class add the exact same stats. Since when do monks need Acceleration? Since when do Thief classes need acceleration? Their original gear was vigor-based for a reason. The fact that they gave every master form to do the same crap is a pure sign of incompetence and laziness.

Also, the 'class balance changes' are just funny, they basically x10'd most damage values (25% became 250%, 140% became 1400%, 105% became 1050%, etc.). They have no idea what needs to be buffed or nerfed. Do they really think people wouldn't notice?

people can still defend the game in its current state if they like... but the truth is that this game's trash atm

#8 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

Needs a rollback i think.

Being a sorc all i can do is grind...and that too at a very snailish pace! Our attacks are a joke(vs misses almost always, now its not even worthwhile putting a single point in it) and cost a ton of SP

Raid composition ...ummm....well u just need rangers. No priest needed, no tanks...nor is deluge or lor needed...even if it was..then i dont think 180/200 hp per tick is gonna do the trick! Man u guys should just remove such redundant skills from our skill tree.

In colo even with 5 def runes i am dead meat once a ranger or a sin takes me on.

If this state of classes is as it was intended to be then its gonna b a quick RIP for this game!

Edited by nashR2, 20 December 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#9 7034130818020750223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

Whatever they did to the original stat formulas (crit, attack, matk, defense, etc) and base stats was a beyond awful idea. The only stat-wise change I agree with is adding some use to WIS and skills requiring more SP. Even then, with the new SP costs and formulas, it's total crap levelling a lvl <50 character, they didn't even consider new & incoming players.

This, especially. At the moment, the "difficult challenges" that we did have to overcome and liked to try to do are a joke, primarily due to massive padding on the players. For example, my main char had about 7600 hp and was ready to go after RM H with friends to get her unsealed weapons. Suddenly, oh look. 17k hp. And pretty much can't get hit. Isn't this... fun?

Lack of a chain of progression turns into a lack of interest. And don't say that the Morroc dungeons are the next chain of progression, because all the previous chains were rendered invalid by the stat system we have now. At least four people I've talked to in game repeatedly are considering or have already quit due to the complete ease of the game. They play for the challenge, for advancing. There's nothing left to advance to.

From a new player perspective, why have so many quests simply VANISHED? And why does what remains give SO MUCH MORE XP? I ran a guild member (on level for it) through Abandoned Lab twice. They got a level each time. I understand wanting to push people to cap to experience the new things, but the game is enjoyed through it all.

And yes, I'm holding out some kind of hope, but right now, the game is doomed to die before 2014. The best that can happen here is a reverse patch for stats and skills, go ahead and remove master levels for now. Keep Morroc around, since that's what so many people clamored for. Once city isn't a big deal to keep in, but with the broken mechanics right now... yeah. Kinda glad I have other games to play if it comes to that.

#10 Melisax3

Melisax3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

Most of magic classes are not even playable anymore lol

#11 5566130505062844797

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

i d suggest restore the battle mechanism to pre patch status asap. 

original system is not perfect, but the current system makes the game less than playable.

my guild members started quitting and looking for other games already. a rollback may save some old players. 

btw, this game is no longer in beta version and u should get someone to test new system before releasing. we players r paying bucks to play the game; we r not paid to help u testing systems and debugging codes.

Edited by 5566130505062844797, 20 December 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#12 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

Most of magic classes are not even playable anymore lol

Thats true! And i dont feel like going thru the trouble of creating a ranger!

Before the patch i used to afk a lot and raid when ever i got a raid for chaos( its so difficult being a sorc ^_^ too many around)

Now i dont even feel like doing that anymore, cuz the way things are atm, it looks like the server population is gonna take another severe beating!

To make matters worse i dont think it will get fixed as soon as it should, looking back at their past record!

#13 Elroy

Elroy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

People hate ragequitters calling out fits on maturity nada nada but the reality is all the bugs are simply too much.

For those who say there's nothing wrong, it's obviously fine for them when you ask them what their class it.

I have a warrior and I can say it was buffed. But when I went to a dungeon I realised that my mates are mad at our priest for her inefficiency. I checked the forums and ta-da, magic classes on a big haywire, notwithstanding of course the pilot factor. 

I wanted to try Crescentia given the buffs I got as a warrior (which led me to believe that all classes got some sort of buff that makes gaming easier), but all my attacks miss as a Lvl3 Alter. LEVELING IS CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE given the rate of my miss and the ton of SP I consume. The pace before was fine but now that will be a total grind. Ugh. The patch is OK for Lvl50 chars who need to make minor adjustments but new gamers like me simply suffer. I should always have the freedom to play the class I want but that's impossible now.

/start of rant/

Spoiler
/end of rant/

#14 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

Even me, as a hardcore fans of ro2, I can't stand it...my sorc is becoming useless in PvP and pve...

This class balance changes make it even more imbalance than before...As I've already mention COUNTLESS times before that u shouldn't Nerf Sorc...instead buff the other classes...

Just turn it back to the way it used to be before!(I mean FIX it, not rollback)

Edited by AikaFuwa, 20 December 2013 - 03:45 AM.

#15 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:40 AM

Coming from a person who only plays magic classes, way to -_- us over wp.

This patch has ruined the game. Plain and simple. You broke half your playerbase and while they are stuck broken, the ones that are now op are flying through dungeons and quests like no tomorrow.

I understand that you want RO2 to be unique and different with this patch, but to decide halfway into a game that the system needs to be completely re-designed to the point that anything previously acheived is now a joke? Really?

I should have known better from the start considering how many bugs and failed patches there were before. Invisible bridges for over a month? Extreme game exploitation rampant for weeks? RO2 isn't in BETA anymore. We are not your test server. 

This has been the WORST and most UNPROFESSIONAL game experience I have ever had. 

#16 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

From a new player perspective, why have so many quests simply VANISHED? And why does what remains give SO MUCH MORE XP? I ran a guild member (on level for it) through Abandoned Lab twice. They got a level each time. I understand wanting to push people to cap to experience the new things, but the game is enjoyed through it all.

I've been so confused by this too.  I was helping a guildie level an alt (starting from level 40 or so) and he was just like "Yeah just run me through the ghost ship a few times and I'll get to level 50."  And I was like "uh what"

He got to 46 after like 2 or 3 runs, then I was dismissed so another guildie (a ranger) could take over and within half an hour he had reached 50 just from spamming the ghost ship dungeon.

There's a lot of promising stuff from the update (USES FOR JUNK LOOT!!!!), but it broke SO MUCH.

#17 Elroy

Elroy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

I also bet that they already know these problems. I don't want to compare but the game I used to be gung-ho with before I moved to RO2 had a major flack from an update that was too obvious because it affected more than a fair share of players. It hurriedly, within less than 24hours from the patch, put the server into maintenance to remedy the problems. It was a bummer and many complained but I felt like they valued how the players would feel and would ensure that no one can abuse the imbalance for leveling. But now, I'm not even sure when they even plan to solve the matter. Excuses like trying to cull all the issues are moot with a stream of consistent and repeating issues.

#18 foxfight

foxfight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:RE:START Odin

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

The patch was rushed, and under all the shiny new things (I have to admit that I love Morroc) is a bunch of lazy programming. This is a free to play game but I get the distinct feeling that they make plenty of cash off of their users. I think this playerbase deserved better, and it's really disappointing that after the pages upon pages of suggestion threads leading up to this patch, the developers still got it so wrong. If I was a magic class I would feel pretty burned after investing so much time, and probably a bit of cash, into my character.

And don't get me started on rangers. I just cannnot.

#19 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

Buffing things to do even 500%++ damage is a mistake.

but....

but....

but....

I love my new Asura/GFist damage and Monk changes (even if we still don't have self-heal or party buff)... I feel like I'm finally playing my beloved good old RO1 Monk :kis: :kis:

but yeah it's totally sad that magic classes are atm unplayable and rangers/sins/rogues are OP stupidly broken and for most of the time unkillable because of big dodge values and almost no hit rate for other classes that don't use AGI

Edited by Lukiner, 20 December 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#20 100001796870520

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Odin Ch.12

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

I don't know why people are complaining so much about the master levels. That system works just the way it should imo. The only thing that went terribly wrong is the revamped stats/skills. Leveling up shouldn't be taken back, just go back to the old statbuilds (up hp a bit (1-2k max), but no more). That way I think there can be a balance between people who've played this game for a long time and know the mechanics - and the people who're new to the game and are constantly complaining about how hard it is to RM and such^^. Don't roll back master levels, because tbh that's the only reason I've sticked around till this patch.

Now I hope the GMs will finally do some decent work the next patch and not just -_- t up again. The last patch that even made sense, was with pet nerfs. Try being less focussed on the p2w section and more on the playabillity of the game. I stopped buying kafra stuff because at some point the gear/costumes you have aren't important anymore if all you do is hang out in alberta and chat with your guildies (making RO2 a glorified RC).

#21 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

Quite a complicated situation for me. My main chars, and known ones, are my sorcerer and my ranger, the ones I've invested so much into. My favourite one is my sorcerer and despite being hybrid, she's more of a support and I LOVE playing her that way. Don't really do pvp on her, because I feel more comfortable doing it on my ranger, which I've come to love long ago (despite lag and squishyness), although I still don't like pvp. I used to be proud of my support abilities in raids and different situations, on my sorcerer... but now she's been rendered completely useless and weak no matter how good her gear or build can be. Respec'd to dps sorc for the moment since my heals are too crappy thanks to this "wonderful" patch, and I'm still useless, my skills miss, my dps sucks and ofc cannot be compared to melee dps or rangers. No heals, no dps = crap sorc. On the other hand, my ranger suddenly becomes strong enough to even oneshot so many mobs, solo raid bosses without needing potions or my Assassin Elder pet (which, mind you, farmed myself) and even steal top threat and aggro from MUCH better geared friends/classes who should be dealing way much more dmg than me, a ranger with full t2 colo set and t1 weapon, no costume or p2w stuff. And yes, I raged, and complain. I don't care if my ranger is "so op" now, it's a FAKE strength, it comes from stupid/lazy devs and derped stats/dodge/skills. Master skill improvements? Too bad it doesn't benefit me that much because only skill that became really stronger is AV and hello! I'm a FA ranger (granted, with maxed poison arrow), so I'd only buy skill points for maxing AV too. 

I love my sorcerer, I want to play her. I want her magic power and heals back to where they were before. I want to be able to do raids with her. I don't care if my ranger is so stupidly op now, because old dungeons became so stupid easy that solo'ing them isn't even a real achievement anymore and it's not fun. 

I understand that devs wanted to do some "balance" (which frankly they suck at doing) and be more creative with new systems, but this patch has screwed more things than fixed or implemented. And don't get me started on how heavily p2w the new refine system is and how now every rich or big kp spender can +20 pretty much everything they want simply because its SO easy just with kp stuff (which is even untradeable!! so it doesn't touch the ingame market, thus non spenders can't touch them unless they come from events and daily rewards, thus not permanent).

Get your shiz straight, Gravity. We've been more than patient, we've been more than understanding, we deserve better than this. Stop being lazy and so unprofessional. This isn't gonna earn you more money than it would if you did a good job. You'd be surprised how many people would be willing to invest in the game if you weren't so lazy and half-assed things so much. 

#22 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

This is the only time I agree that a rollback would be a good idea. You messed up big time, Gravity. Remove the patch and give us the old game back until you can figure out how to balance things or get your formulas right.

#23 FluffyMiyu

FluffyMiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Nom nom nom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

They should just do the X-Legends way

No need to bother nerfing class, just buff up others.

Because fast pace is what matters.

#24 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

Stats need some fixing but if there is one stat that Gravity did okay on it is definitely health lol. Now nobody can complain about health requirements, although it should toned down a bit.

#25 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

Patch should have been postponed. Gravity acting stupid as always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users