[R] Hey all you broke no-zeny newbies! Get in this thread NOW! Daddy tofu is here for you - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[R] Hey all you broke no-zeny newbies! Get in this thread NOW! Daddy tofu is here for you

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

POPULAR

i feel bad for all you new players starting this game that are still wearing goibnes sets in mid and high ti because you cant seem to catch a break. im tired of seeing poor wizards that cant get a cast off because they cant afford a phen card. im tired of seeing people that have to choose death and exp loss because they cant afford to heal themselves, or just dont know about cheaper healing options.

so this one goes out to all you poor goibne wearing newbies. These are some fast, easy/semi-easy methods to make REAL money (not 1000's or 10s of 1000s like most people on forums will show you)

Disclaimer: Im sorry to all of those that currently use these methods as their primary means of income. Sometimes you gotta share the wealth =p

QUESTS THAT PAY IN HIGH COST ITEMS:

Malangdo Island Starter Quest (lvl 60):

http://irowiki.org/w...Malangdo_Island

and Daily Quests:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Clean_the_Ship

http://irowiki.org/w..._with_Baby_Cats

http://irowiki.org/w..._cats_in_danger

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Cat_Gamers

(more can be found here: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Quests)

This Quest pays in special malangdo currency. After accumulating currency, players can use these coins to purchase items from the 'Stinky Merchant' cat vender in the middle of the island. The gloves cost 32 e-class coins each, and since the first quest rewards over 200 coins, youre already an instant millionaire by the time you finish. This quest can be done at level 60+

To begin this quest, talk to the cat sitting on the park bench by the Izlude dock, or any cat you see laying around in towns

2873.png

Cat Hand Glove

Accessory

Stats

Def 5 MDef 0 AGI +1 VIT +1 DEX +1 LUK +1

Current Market Value: 800,000 - 1 million zeny

These wonderful accessories are great for every class and sell like hotcakes. 

Kiel Hyre Quest (can be started at lvl 60. recommended 95+ or bring a powerful friend to help you)

This epic quest is one of my personal favorites. I've done it roughly 20 times now because the payoff is so ridiculously HUGE, that its completely worth the time investment. Recommended to save in juno and have a warp slave save kiel hyres cottage map so that you can warp back and forth to save time. Its basically alot of traveling and talking to npcs and then at the end you go into a secret dungeon and fight a not as scary version of the Kiel Hyre MVP. he has roughly 500k+ HP so you might need help bringing him down if youre a lowbie with bad gear. 

The first time you do this quest it will take you about 1-2 hours to complete. 3 if youre afking alot. Once you have the quest down though, you can repeat it on all your chars in about 35-50 minutes tops

http://irowiki.org/w...Kiel_Hyre_Quest

Quest Reward: i believe its 3million exp now? a pet box that contains pet tames and pet equipments, and an Old Card Album

616.png

Old Card Album

Current Market Value: 17m

The New World Quest Chain: (can be started at lvl 100. to finish youll need someone 130+ to help you out)

This MASSIVE chain not only pays you 70 million+ in items, but also grants you access to several new hunting zones such as Scaraba, Bifrost field, splendide field, and el dicastes.

It begins with:

http://irowiki.org/w...New_World_Quest

but the 2 big payoff quests are :

http://irowiki.org/w...s_Secret_Orders

http://irowiki.org/w...Frede's_Request

2788.png

Bradium Earring [1]

Matk +2% Int +1 Dex +1 Matk +5

Current Market Value: 40,000,000 zeny 

2790.png

Bradium Brooch [1]

• If base Agi is 120:
    • Crit +4

Flee +4 Agi +1 Aspd +2%

Current Market Value: 35,000,000

Other Methods:

Mora Gear Farming (lvl 100)

At level 100, you can have a higher level run you through hazy forest to unlock the Mora daily quests. Once you have access to these quests, you can purchase the Mora gear and sell it for millions. Daily quests involve tasks as easy as turning in lvl 20 monster random drops.

This starter quest pays 40 Mora coins right off the bat. thats 4 free pieces of gear for 2 days of work (it has huge timer cooldowns). 

http://irowiki.org/w..._Research_Tools

Daily Quests

http://irowiki.org/w...ra_Daily_Quests

NOTE: if you have the patience of a GOD, you can do the extended ending of 'Find the research tools' to get a free Fish Pin hat. This hat is worth 20,000,000 zeny because of its rarity and being such a pain to get. Warning though: you will go mad trying to complete all the NPC text battles to get this

5792.png

FISH PIN

Hazy forest Old Card album farming runs: (130+. easily done on genetic class)

basically the jist of this is, you run through the first half of the dungeon every 3 hours and kill a dragon for a chance at an old card album. the dragon is insanely easy to kill, as he doesnt even attack you for the first half of his life (i dunno if its a bug or what, but he seems to just get stuck there). You can bypass all of the monsters with the exception of the gardners who need to die to cut the bushes down to get to the next area. On a GX you can just stealth past all the mobs for minimal fighting, or on genetic class just run past them with genetic cart boost

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Hazy_Forest

Sell Magic Stones Using your Eden Badges from doing TIs

this is a super easy way to make 7-8m a pop just for doing TIs. if your account is VIP, youre basically getting 7-8mil every 2 TIs you do. you can exchange the eden merit badges inside eden along the left wall at the NPC 'Merry Badger' who is sitting next to the couch. its 8 badges for 1 stone. If you are really hurting for money, you can make a bunch of priests or wizards to farm low TIs with since those pretty much get insta-invite to parties just for joining the room

Do the new daily quest for Energy Crystals. On the 2nd floor of Eden is an NPC named Reno that will offer a daily quest to kill 100 monsters in exchange for Energy Crystals. if you save up enough crystals you can buy items worth ALOT of money. were talking 100s of millions here, so its worth the time to go up and grab the quest everyday and on multiple characters if you have them. 

Join an Endless Tower guild!: most guilds that run ET regularly will allow almost anyone to join even if they dont have much to contribute. As long as theres a tank a genetic and a healer present (you dont even really need the healer), all other classes are just optional. This will pay out about 7m + a week depending on how high up the tower you go and how lucky you get.

Playing a class like AB, maestro, tank build sura, or genetic is almost a guaranteed spot in most ET runs

Edited by killedbytofu, 20 December 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#2 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Until these flood the market and then you are back to square 1 :V Well, aside from probably OCAs. Which is why telling people how to make money off high value items doesnt work.

Edited by Toxn, 20 December 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#3 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

Are those repeatable (except the malangdo quest )? on 1 char ofc

#4 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Until these flood the market and then you are back to square 1 :V Well, aside from probably OCAs. Which is why telling people how to make money off high value items doesnt work.

not really. maybe the cat hands would deflate by 100-200k but the other stuff is alot more rare since it cant be repeated. ive been watching the price of all these items for a year and if anything, theyve only gone up

#5 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

DO WAHT cat gloves..thanks, I make money the old way by going to a certain dun and picking up items.

#6 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

Hey, this is nice!  :p_idea:

Though sometimes, when you're starting out you really get into the dilemma of selling the stuff or using it yourself.

I also think the chance for it flooding the market might very low or at least take a -_-load loooooong time.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

You should also remind people about these other ways to get some cash:

Reno Crystal Quests (seriously, 1.5m for being logged into your char with a free +10 atk/matk buff? Yes please!) 

Reset stone selling (yeah, it's kinda well known, but it's something people can easily do while leveling, and not everyone knows about it). 

I think there are a few other financially interesting quests, I'll try to think about what they might be. 

#8 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:54 AM

The Seal of Brisingamen quest is good as well, the OCA cover the cost of Magical Stones if you want to repeat it and cost nothing to start. It's best doing it with Seal of Megingjard quest as well for good exp.

#9 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:54 AM

I don't see this hurting the market, honestly this is like the best post you've done tofu lol.

#10 kohakuchan

kohakuchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

i think as long karinca up the oca price it would not be hurt oca price

#11 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

Nice post! Never hurts to tell people ways to make money currently. The market might get flooded but that works out better for everyone at the time. There will always be new creative ways to make Zeny

#12 jenkat

jenkat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Thanks very much for this post. I look forward to these quests someday, when I am level-appropriate!

#13 EiyuuDensetsu

EiyuuDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

Great, great post. Thank you so much tofu.

#14 Krystabelle

Krystabelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

This is awesome post! *Liked* :)

#15 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

thx, btw need confirmation for TI cooldown..is it base on id or character? so i can farm EMB more heheh

#16 Farzywarzy

Farzywarzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Orlean's

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

Any tips on how to solo Kiel Hyre with 500k hp and 2-3k damage?

#17 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

thx, btw need confirmation for TI cooldown..is it base on id or character? so i can farm EMB more heheh

Character.

A little question about TI for non-VIP, you can do both quest in a day with few hours cooldown between quest, right?

#18 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

each individual TI quest has a 23 hour cooldown. if youre vip you can reset it with a magic stone every 3 hours. you can also purchase a 'fake vip' for 3 magic stones, that gives you 2 days of 'VIP-like' gramps access, meaning you can do both quests at the same time and i believe it allows you to do the resets as well.

Any tips on how to solo Kiel Hyre with 500k hp and 2-3k damage?

depends on which class youre playing. the easiest classes to solo him (ive done it on pretty much every class now):

archer classes (just kite/run him in circles spamming Double Strafe and stand in the Safety Walls he casts to avoid getting hit). if you have HIGH falcon proc rate then you can auto attack him down pretty fast with double strafes in between. my sniper took him down pretty fast this way

biochemists using acid bombs (actually if youre willing to waste acid bottles then you could do it on an alchemist too)

mastersmith (spam HSCR)

assassin cross (using Enchant Deadly Poison)

monk/champion - chain combo him and gfist when your SP is high enough (bring sp recovery items). this class will be more difficult to solo him with though unless you use the safety walls to your advantage to avoid getting hit

wizard/sage/scholar - meh i wouldnt bother trying to solo him. its too hard

lk = you can TRY using clashing spiral, but its a complete pain in the ass. youll need to bring at least 100 strawberrys to pull this off, because your sp will constantly be running out

paladin = rapid smiting him to death. youll need to bring ALOT of strawberrys though. 

Edited by killedbytofu, 21 December 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#19 Farzywarzy

Farzywarzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Orlean's

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

@killedbytofu

thanks!

#20 THBronx

THBronx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

-> Thread pinned, please!

Thx for all that info, dude!

#21 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

most productive thread by killedbytofu ever

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

I was just floored that this was a constructive post when I saw who made it

#23 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

I was just floored that this was a constructive post when I saw who made it

A lot of his posts are constructive, he just has a flood of QQ posts.  Read his old posts from last year and you can see the patience and sanity slowly ebbing away.  

I guess this was just a moment of clarity.  But thanks tofu nonetheless. :P

#24 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

Seriously.. Pin this thread. This is AWESOME!

Note: i have no idea how to change the font size of this post.. im using my phone to post. :wah:

Edited by Kaishun, 21 December 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#25 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

needs to be pinned

if you've been touched by the tofu and cant even make some money you need to g-fist yourself :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users