The Concept of Master Levels... - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Concept of Master Levels...

27 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

I don't like it at all. Are the developers going to expand the old Job Level and Profession Level caps or are we all stuck progressing into the new WoW-like system? The 2-level system is a trademark of RO1 and I don't want to stop seeing Job Levels and Profession Levels. :p_sad: I want to see a real level cap expansion and not a lame interpretation of RO1's Rebirth system.

#2 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

Actually i think they are more like paragon levels with a 10000x harder grind to get points then a simple lvl 70 cap would be.Yet  I think EXP rewards and tables are still too much atm and need to be adjusted.

#3 Disenchanter

Disenchanter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

Yup Master Levels = Diablo's Paragon levels.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

I just want to know if it's viable to stick with the old 2-level system or if I'm a fool to not change to Master Levels. 'Cause I'm planning to stick it out at level 50 until they extend the level cap instead of doing this Master Level nonsense.

From what I can see, there's nothing about Master Levels that appeals to me:
  • Grinding for Mastery Points is as bad as pre-Renewal RO1 grinding.
  • None of the Ymir Child transformations look remotely nice.

#5 gathel

gathel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

like it or leave it

#6 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

From my perspective i saw the content as, "Ascendance Birth" rather than rebirth, because your gaining Ymir child forms in the process and mastering your potential. so it's more of a "ascendance" than a rebirth system.

as seraphim is the highest level of an "arch-angel" or something.

and other forms take the true form of the class ascendance mastery.

So basically, you are "ascending" to your highest form/potential in terms of game play (Plus increasing your skill)

Priest - Mastery - Holy = Seraphim Ymir Child

Ranger  - mastery - nature = Gaia Ymir Child

Probably more or less you'll be stuck with mastery.

Edited by AmiiMii, 21 December 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#7 ruusei

ruusei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

As I've always said and will say, No one should have to ever grind that much in a game for just some levels without skillpoints, but instead, spend all that xp on points or mats or whatever.

Ro1 was nothing but grind, I only played to see why people liked it so much, I can see why it was fun but grinding... i dreaded it
with the new master system? its just like ro1 except now in 3d and 10x harder

It's fun being able to be this strong but when you are this strong whats the point of leveling alts now for gear/raids when you know you are probably gonna have to do those dgns 80 times in order to do the morroc area fairly well.

If they rollbacked the master classes, but with a actual cap level or made this stuff somewhat easier to obtain without HOURS and HOURS of work I think it would be a little better.

and as for that "like it or leave it" We shouldnt have to be forced to do something that is basically like a job for what? virtual amusement? I rather spend all my time in a real job for actual money.

Instead of all this running back and forth grinding and grinding, I think I'll pay attention to my alts for awhile.

#8 Dijkstra99x

Dijkstra99x

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationNeverland
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

we still don't know what this new content headed for, if it's good to grind, good to spend money, good to get new craft master level gears and I don't even know whats the point of overpowering the gears at this moment. so stay passive til the next AoV update. 

Grinding exp is fun but the lack of monster giving a decent MP/EXP is kinda lame. and the game is broken.

Edited by Dijkstra99x, 21 December 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

I really hope they're still planning to do that Chaos, Order, and Neutral thing with the Khara System. Because that looks a lot more appealing than this Master Level stuff.

From my perspective i saw the content as, "Ascendance Birth" rather than rebirth, because your gaining Ymir child forms in the process and mastering your potential. so it's more of a "ascendance" than a rebirth system.

as seraphim is the highest level of an "arch-angel" or something.
and other forms take the true form of the class ascendance mastery.
So basically, you are "ascending" to your highest form/potential in terms of game play (Plus increasing your skill)

Priest - Mastery - Holy = Seraphim Ymir Child
Ranger  - mastery - nature = Gaia Ymir Child

Probably more or less you'll be stuck with mastery.

Beastmasters going from feral animals to tree people? Magicans going from elemental magic to goth? The developers sure have a funny idea of ascendance.

#10 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

I really hope they're still planning to do that Chaos, Order, and Neutral thing with the Khara System. Because that looks a lot more appealing than this Master Level stuff.

Beastmasters going from feral animals to tree people? Magicans going from elemental magic to goth? The developers sure have a funny idea of ascendance.

That mage transformation v.v </3

It feels like this game hates magicians. I expected an elemental sage-being.

Edited by Snowberries01, 22 December 2013 - 07:49 AM.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

So are they going to increase the level cap or is everyone going to be forced into Master System?

#12 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

So are they going to increase the level cap or is everyone going to be forced into Master System?

In my opinion the level cap gets increased with Master System. You can see Master Level 1 as Level 51, Master Level 2 as Level 52 and so on.

The difference between Master System and the old 2-level system is that you don't get skill points by level-up anymore but 5 stat points each level-up.

Bothered by Ymir? No problem: Just don't skill it and use 3 skill points elsewhere.

Even if you could continue with the old 2-level system there will be no difference, you gonna need to grind the same way anyway.

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

So why not just replace it altogether with the new 1-level system instead of calling it Master Levels? It just makes no sense to me to keep the old 2-level system if they're not going to expand on it anymore.

#14 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

I don't like it either since you have to buy the damn skill points in exchange for mastery points..when you are already spending mastery points to level up. 

#15 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

As others have said, i think master levels are the next step instead of regular expansion of the levels.  Though, it would be interesting if eventually we had the choice of either master levels or going on as regular levels.

My question is, what's the long term plan for when everyone is master level capped?  levels 1-50 then Master levels 1-50 then level 51-100 then a new tier of master levels?

#16 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

The game is set to have us on the north west of the world map, comfortably playing in Geffen and Glast Heim (and all the other new end game Raids) by Master Level 50.  At this time, you have reached the true end game.  There is no content higher than ML50.

Now however, that is simply according to the current plan.  However, it would take years before they would consider raising anything beyond the current system.  By that time, they would even need to remodel the world map too, so don't put too much expectations here.

Besides, I'm certain that people would much rather content post ML50 to suddenly no longer be linear anyways, so we should be fine with such a final cap.

#17 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

The game is set to have us on the north west of the world map, comfortably playing in Geffen and Glast Heim (and all the other new end game Raids) by Master Level 50.  At this time, you have reached the true end game.  There is no content higher than ML50.

Now however, that is simply according to the current plan.  However, it would take years before they would consider raising anything beyond the current system.  By that time, they would even need to remodel the world map too, so don't put too much expectations here.

Besides, I'm certain that people would much rather content post ML50 to suddenly no longer be linear anyways, so we should be fine with such a final cap.

At the rate updates seem to be coming, we'll have Geffen and GH withing a year and a half at most.  I'm hoping RO2 had a longer life span then 2 years.  I was thinking 3+ years down the road.  As I mentioned in another thread, I assume they're gonna move beyond the current world map.

#18 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

At the rate updates seem to be coming, we'll have Geffen and GH withing a year and a half at most.  I'm hoping RO2 had a longer life span then 2 years.  I was thinking 3+ years down the road.  As I mentioned in another thread, I assume they're gonna move beyond the current world map.

As a Linear game, with the level equivalent of 100, it honestly means they have expected us to reach the end of important content, with no more level ups possible, and thus the only thing left is endless gear raids. Other than that, there is nothing else they can apply new to the game that is grind-orientated. That critically limits their capacity in possibilities for expansions. By this point, all we're talking about is what sort of new end-game content they can invent for us after that.

#19 BlueTrainer

BlueTrainer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

this might be a guess, maybe endgame almost ppl lvl 100 there will be expend class from Warrior be a berserker? all class will use new skill like in ro1, for example rune knight , almost all time they spam new skill to deal big dmg? 

my idea we still stick with 1.700 mp point each mob we kill but, i think they need to improve daily quest reward, it give huge amount of mp exp, that would be help alot :) even tough it will annoying repetitive what not, at least it give lots of exp :)

i think they should revamp exp reward from npc quest give more exp

for example there's 10 type of quest, have various killing,collecting,farming ,
after we done all we will get 10000.000 MP (it just my own suggestion)

no need to increase exp given from monster they just need to give boost on exp reward from daily quest :)

Edited by BlueTrainer, 09 January 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#20 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

@BlueTrainer A 3rd class like you mentioned would also make sense.  So, maybe after Geffen and GH they could add a 3rd class and perhaps move on to Schwartzvald and that other one West of it (I'm too lazy to look up spelling so I hope you know what I mean) for the story line.  So then the progression would be: lv1-50 > ML1-50 > change to 3rd class > lv 51+ ?  I really haven't played any other mmos other then RO1 and RO2, so I don't know how other linear games work but I think it would get boring quick if after a couple updates the only thing left to do is obtain slightly better gear, unless they had some sort of extensive pvp element that didn't get boring after a while.  But then, what about people not into pvp?

#21 BlueTrainer

BlueTrainer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

@BlueTrainer A 3rd class like you mentioned would also make sense.  So, maybe after Geffen and GH they could add a 3rd class and perhaps move on to Schwartzvald and that other one West of it (I'm too lazy to look up spelling so I hope you know what I mean) for the story line.  So then the progression would be: lv1-50 > ML1-50 > change to 3rd class > lv 51+ ?  I really haven't played any other mmos other then RO1 and RO2, so I don't know how other linear games work but I think it would get boring quick if after a couple updates the only thing left to do is obtain slightly better gear, unless they had some sort of extensive pvp element that didn't get boring after a while.  But then, what about people not into pvp?

@its ok i know what do you mean, im not good write in English too, still learning :P

btw on topic yeah might be there will be 3rd class  and hope soon they improvise end game dungeon not just tipical wack and kill, maybe can add puzzle key too, for able to fight boss?

but the truth is playing mmo more fun when u have closed friend to play with more :P why so serious? eager on end game function, better we give suggestion for end game and they might add or considered it

btw i like this new Mastery System its really good, the problem is grind2 grind2 

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

I really haven't played any other mmos other then RO1 and RO2, so I don't know how other linear games work but I think it would get boring quick if after a couple updates the only thing left to do is obtain slightly better gear, unless they had some sort of extensive pvp element that didn't get boring after a while.  But then, what about people not into pvp?

Other linear MMOs actually continue to add content and extend the level cap. MMOs are supposed to be long-term developmental projects; stopping development and expansions after a certain point is kind of stupid because then why bother making a MMO in the first place? Might as well make a console RPG.

#23 1214681284

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:odin

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

Suggestion: "Grand Master Level ETC" 

- make some skills till lvl20

- new quest/map/monster/raid/items/exciting story

- loop

- profit XD

everyone will be happy and game will never run out of things to progress

Edited by 1214681284, 22 January 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#24 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Other linear MMOs actually continue to add content and extend the level cap. MMOs are supposed to be long-term developmental projects; stopping development and expansions after a certain point is kind of stupid because then why bother making a MMO in the first place? Might as well make a console RPG.

I guess we can just hope that they have plans beyond Geffen.

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

So I'm guessing by now the development team is throwing the Chaos/Order system they had planned out the window in favor of Master Levels? It's quite obvious they've abandoned the Khara System, which is one of the few redeeming values of RO2 that separated it from other MMORPGs.

Can we get a Classic server of our own with pre-AOV mechanics?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users