Holy balls 12/22 patch - Page 2 - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Holy balls 12/22 patch

69 replies to this topic

#26 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

at times like this i'm glad i've yet to spend a dime on the game

suckers LOL

#27 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

So are we going to confirm knights are the worst class now and the game has gone to the endless void of bugville?

#28 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

Sorry guys I've seen the light. Throwing away my Knight and going full time ranger because I have to use more than one skill on my old class.

But in all seriousness right now, if people want me to have some gripe about my class, the big issue Knights have is that while everything else was buffed for every other class Aura Armor is still the same. It can't keep up with the new damage output, so threat generation is difficult. If anything needs a buff, it's that.

Everything else is just candy coating as far as I'm concerned. But I know I'm going to get my head chewed off for even thinking remotely different from the hivemind, so I'll leave it at this.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 23 December 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#29 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

I was hoping aura heal would heal for at least 300 hp per second instead of the 100 hp per second at 3k attack power. Aura heal, aura shield and fort need to be adjusted.

#30 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

And like most every other skill on every other class, Knight skills aren't working as intended. Everybody is having this issue, not just knights. Ask any Wizard at the moment how great their class is working right now.

All I've been seeing in this thread, and several others, is complaining how bad Knights are now when it's not the fault of the class but instead the fault of things not working properly at the moment. When things get fixed, Knights will be exactly as they were pre-patch because nothing really changed. With the exception of DPS knights being even more viable then they previously were, the class works and plays exactly the same.

#31 Ishvarna

Ishvarna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

I was hoping aura heal would heal for at least 300 hp per second instead of the 100 hp per second at 3k attack power. Aura heal, aura shield and fort need to be adjusted.

Okay, now the big question. Why? Aura heal, I'll concede could require some extra thought since from a design standpoint it doesn't scale the same way as the other two, but aura shield and shield fort are both one dimensional in their approach and scale reactively with damage received.

Edited by Ishvarna, 23 December 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#32 noobslayer48

noobslayer48

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

See no change in knights really, just more parry, as for our skills, they are meant to be used in combination with other skills, not as a stand alone skills. with 1 zeny skill resets, I strongly suggest playing around with builds right now

#33 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

I believe this may be why.

Spot the difference!

WuaSQfL.png

lx30ua5.png

awesome finding, that means the game is master gear oriented o.o

#34 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

Okay, now the big question. Why? Aura heal, I'll concede could require some extra thought since from a design standpoint it doesn't scale the same way as the other two, but aura shield and shield fort are both one dimensional in their approach and scale reactively with damage received.

Aura heal has always been gimp, nows the time to beef it up.

It would be nice if Knights could have more aura play and decide to AH or AS as they tank. Before patch AH healed up to 3 players in aoe fashion for 1(which was broken) yet they seemed to just remove that effect from the skill description. It's like they arent even trying to balance this class ;/

#35 ItsFierce

ItsFierce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Aura Shield:

The second to one tank skill knights got 20% damage reduced for 10s duration. It's a tank skill yet the cooldown is horrid.

Shield fort:

120 second cooldown l0l

Cant move with the skill, long cooldown. Good o -_- button but thats it, how dull.

How is a 60 second cd (before vigor) horrid? Compared to the Warrior equivalent, Endure: Endure reduces damage by 40% for 10s, 120s cooldown. I don't know how much vigor you have, but based on my priest's aqua benedicta CD (also 60s), it should be ~40 seconds. It's a skill that has half the strength of Endure, with half the cooldown. And then you also have shield fortress, probably one of the best party defensive cooldowns in the game. Warriors have no equivalent skill to match it. Screw the numbers, you cannot deny the utility that the knight class brings to a raid. 10 out of 10 times, I'd rather have a knight with Shield Fortress than a warrior that's slightly better at tanking (from a numbers perspective). When something goes wrong during a raid (and something always manages to happen), a knight can save a party whereas a warrior can only save themselves.

Aura Heal, on the other hand, I think we can all agree needs some work.

#36 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

Dude, if warrior keeps getting buffed..... We'll be landing 60k crits soon lol ..

lol before last nights patch I was doing 50k rage strikes... it was ridiculous w/ aura sword, no defender + enrage

Edited by jdmtouch, 23 December 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#37 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

This entire patch is the worst I've seen in any mmo. And I've played MANY mmos. By far this is the worst crap I've ever come across, and it's been adressed the worst way (blaming devs here, not WP's nor GMs fault). Right now I'm literally pissed. Extremely so. NONE of the so-called fixes has done ANYTHING REAL. I'd like to know what the actual hell were the devs drinking or smoking when they made this content and changed the refining system (which btw it was FINE, so i have no idea why change it), and completely screwed up all of the stat/skill/dmg/gear/class formulas of the entire game. How can you mess up YOUR own code SO much and still can't even figure it out BEFORE releasing it or even ATTEMPT to fix it? It's like they did it on purpose. Do they even know how to code a game? Are they even real developers or just derp monkeys smashing the keyboard?

Leveling MP right now is just unhuman. And no, I'm not asking for lv1to50 in a day or the Sandarman bug (that 90% of the community so proudly spammed, which might have been "legit" but gave an unfair advantage to those who couldn't spam it nonstop or joined later). Right now and considering MP is NOT just to lvl but to get skillpoints AND to buy any mat needed for the new tier of weapons also, HOW the hell do they expect us to gain it? With completely crappy dailies? Grinding same mobs forever? You know what it does? It makes me want to resort to a stupid bot to even grind 10% of this stupid messed up master lvl system.  And believe me you have to screw it big time to even make me consider it for more than a second. Thats how bad this is. This is extremely crappy, to say a not so aggressive word.

This is just ONE of the biggest issues. Three maints and none so far has been so successful. Seriously, are you really hating on all your playerbase aka customers, Devs? Do we really need to make yet another huge list of everything thats wrong? Please. I ask you, I even BEG you, get your shi* straight because you're losing your customers at speed-light and its SO simple to solve it yet you completely refuse to do so.

#38 zJuliusx

zJuliusx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • LocationFlorida!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

lol before last nights patch I was doing 50k rage strikes... it was ridiculous w/ aura sword, no defender + enrage

Inb4100k ...

#39 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

I did read but wont spam

yet, the birds on the char select are no longer pink.

#40 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

Inb4100k ...

Our time for greatness is upon us...not quite yet though, was hitting muka's for 20k rage strike same setup :(, But holy -_- we got hit in AGI so hard it makes me cry. I'm sitting at 17% last I checked, I was at 20% pre-patch, 40% before this calamity.

Edited by jdmtouch, 23 December 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#41 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thanks Tifa

Grinding exp right now is so unhuman indeed i can't fathom how they think its ok as is. Any lvl 20 are around because of bugged exp grind yet the rest of the population is trapped around lvl 1-3 stuck on the same part of the map, on the same set of monsters, forever. fun huh.

Heres some numbers.

I grinded 400 master level exp today for 30 mins using a master level scroll + battle manual scroll.

If a casual would play 2 hrs a day using scrolls he could get 1600 ML exp a day, 11k a week, 44k exp a month and finally 130k reaching level 20 in 3 months. Grinding the same monsters over and over spending the rest of year gathering 400k ml points still not being able to afford the 700k ML price for 20 skill scrolls never mind the stat point ones.

hahahaha

Edited by Haboob, 23 December 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#42 Smashey

Smashey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

They did the same thing with Maestia. 

Game was going down the tubes due to GMs not doing anything.

Level cap was 60.

So what did they do? They released one giant patch and released all content they had up to level 100. Doing this created more bugs than you can imagine. Including mobs not even attacking you. Then they completely abandoned the game, until they finally closed it months later. And when they closed it, mobs still did not fight back....

Welcome to Maestia 2,0

I quit this game when I saw that it was just all about glitching bosses and using exploits to progress. And in pvp the only skill that was needed was how to ks the most kills.

Game is doomed. It was fked up before. And everything I read now.....its even worse.

#43 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

The hate against the level 70 players right now is getting a bit out of hand. And I can confirm right now that being max level barely gives me any advantage over anybody else in the game right now. I'm not suddenly hitting monsters for millions of damage, nor am I an unstoppable killing machine on players. Hell, a level 2 ranger killed me yesterday with multishot even though I had a 18 level difference on him. If anything, the only advantage I have being a level 20 player right now is that I miss less on the morroc mobs and I maybe hit for 100 or 200 more damage, more on crit, and thats about it.

I agree with you guys the grind is bull. I thought it was dumb too. I did it for bragging rights, and provide people with the info for the levels as I went along so they know what to expect. Not once have I went around in the game telling people they're garbage or to get on my level, but thats what it feels like people think I'm doing sometimes when I'm just afking in Morroc.

Every time I try to make a valid argument or answer people when they ask a question, it just feels like people slap you in the face with the exp grinding comments. I don't know why I bother anymore. You guys win. We're all horrible monsters who are out to ruin the rest of the game for you.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 23 December 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#44 3333130512165319760

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCordoba, Argentina

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

1 month ago i was like a stupid finding dungeon to complete my chaos dung quest geting me more stronger and stronger to survive AoD and chaos  and now afther patch nothing of that have sence!!!!!!! WTF!!????

where  i put my acheron armors??? in my a$$? Where u PUT ALL WE WERE DOING SINCE 1ST MAY???

new players (who dindt know this is J.k) they now only need to rise to lvl 50 and woillaaaa master lvl 1 and farm to master lvl 20 and trying to find needed

items to create the new master level armors... (GoB N/H, pve n/h CoAN/H AoD N/H Chaos) <-------- WHEN WHO WHERE THE %$& THEY PUT THEM???...

#45 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Meanwhile ingame, I just had a sorc talk trash about me for an entire raid because I couldn't out-aggro her 7mil bug heals.

Yeehaw

#46 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Provoke puts you as the top threat before patch not sure if it's the same now.

#47 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

yet, the birds on the char select are no longer pink.

Important fix is important (I liked them pink...).

<- Refusing to do colo on ranger until everything is normalized/not so screwed up. I want fair fights, not feeding on fellow players who had been affected greatly by last crappy patch.

<- Will not waste precious time on painfully grinding the same mobs for weeks nonstop just to "someday" "enjoy" new content. I play a game for fun, not as a chore. Challenging is one thing, extreme and boring grinding that makes me look like a bot myself? its not. I have irl chores to do, and please excuse me for having a life and not being able to spend literally 20hs nonstop on a game! I know, I'm terrible.

Edited by TifaValentine, 23 December 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#48 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Provoke puts you as the top threat before patch not sure if it's the same now.

It does, but I can only use it every 8 seconds.

#49 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

As for this...

Splendens, on 23 Dec 2013 - 9:55 PM, said:snapback.png

Meanwhile ingame, I just had a sorc talk trash about me for an entire raid because I couldn't out-aggro her 7mil bug heals.

Yeehaw

That was quite an ignorant sorc, and frankly one you're better off not crossing or partying again in your life =)

I already mentioned I've ended up tanking bosses in Chaos with my sorc. BEFORE that run, tho, we had tanks. Instead of trashtalking and blaming tanks for "not out-aggroing" my bugged op heals, I talked to the priest so she could keep single heals on everyone and reno mainly, so I didn't have to resort to use single-target heals and risk out-threating tanks. I only used LoR/Del if needed. One or two single heals as emergency (aka, tanks or dps too low on hp and their pot on cd), but since it was just one, they would be top threat again a second later. Worked like a charm. In other words, the sorc you found doesn't know crap about the game or even their class or others =)

#50 xXElderionXx

xXElderionXx

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

I just can say that, in my opinion, nobody will wait until January to see all this glitches and bugs fixed, so go ahead with a maintenance please,

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users