no more gateway start, better censors, no emotes - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

no more gateway start, better censors, no emotes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rinnosuke

Rinnosuke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:05 AM

what is the point of starting from gateway
i honestly want to know

is there ANY reason for gateway to pass ANY PARAMETERS INTO MAIN OF THE PATCHER
IT PASSES NO INFORMATION
i haven't decompiled the client yet but
afaik there is no need for any sort of token system unlike kRO ragnarok (did they change that for iRO already? who knows)
because we can have several accounts tied to one email with this warp portal system
so unless that's programmed in to 'choose it' there is no point to having to start gateway
there is literally no information used to start the patcher AT ALL
furthermore, most people immediately shut down the damn thing as soon as they get online anyway because it takes precious memory even being idle int he background and to avoid that annoying nagging about playing too long
... anyway, i'm going to have fun with this....

secondly, why don't we have better regular expressions to trap censors and emotes? many people have been complaining about the emotes while talking, frankly it is kind of annoying too just because the programming is bad.
anyway, i know someone else mentioned this before but having to retype a sentence 50 times to try and get around swear filters: NO. it has to go.
replace token match with ****'s instead of printing out THAT WAS INAPPROPRIATE HURR DURR to us every damn time we type
and seriously some things just need to go, i don't find 'gay' offensive and anyone who does needs to die in a fire
and crap? seriously? we can't say crap? my god

i had some other things to complain about but i guess i forgot, maybe i'll update later

#2 papapap

papapap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationWhere I live
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vvyren

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

I agree not being able to say crap just made me angry i say crap a crapload of time. It lets us say poop and that is the same thing i really dont get it its crap if you ask me. oh well the probably think my opinion is crap. Crap isn't a bad word it is slang yes but we get to say other crappy slang words so why not crap. WHY CAN'T WE CRAPPP!

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

I agree not being able to say crap just made me angry i say crap a crapload of time. It lets us say poop and that is the same thing i really dont get it its crap if you ask me. oh well the probably think my opinion is crap. Crap isn't a bad word it is slang yes but we get to say other crappy slang words so why not crap. WHY CAN'T WE CRAPPP!

Ditto

I hate the word 'NooB' myself and think it should be censored. I see it on 'Megaphone' so often it makes me want to shove said megaphone up the offender's 'CRAPPER'.

#4 papapap

papapap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationWhere I live
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vvyren

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

Ditto

I hate the word 'NooB' myself and think it should be censored. I see it on 'Megaphone' so often it makes me want to shove said megaphone up the offender's 'CRAPPER'.

Crap yeah. (That doesn't even make sense)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users