[Renewal] Secret Odin Gift Exchange (2013) Feedback - Page 2 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Renewal] Secret Odin Gift Exchange (2013) Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#26 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

This will always be an issue with events as the time will never work for everyone, yet people will still want to participate. I couldn't make the event since I worked 8 hours till 10:30pm PST (it was busy as -_- where I worked till closing) and by the time I got home I was too tired to log on and see where things had got. I did leave my gifts I got for others with zero though the day before - even though pretty last minute as I didn't get my work shift till less than 24hrs before hand.

Dunno about other people but I was pretty close to not handing my gifts over to some one to pass out for the event just because of not knowing that day would become busy for me. :\

As I said, Secret Odins might have missed the event due to a variety of factors, some of them definitively valid (like yours).

PS: I can't believe I didn't took a screenshot of Michaelleli for my album! It was the perfect chance! :p_laugh:

#27 Perezoso15

Perezoso15

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationGironland~
  • Server:Valk->Chaos

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

Yep we know :x or do we? dum dum dummmmdoritos.jpg

#28 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

^ Lol

#29 slowpoker

slowpoker

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMY

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

My SO failed to show up but its okay though coz I didn't put much hope on it actually :heh:. Anyways, big thank you to Brave` for the consolation gift :ok:. Really appreciate it.

The event was great overall and kudos to Zero for being a great host. Looking forward for the next year SO event. Good job everyone  :no1:.

P.S. Btw, I'm the 3441131106023823250 guy. Just got my new forum nickname. ^_^

Edited by slowpoker, 27 December 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#30 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

I was there, he wasn't.  I gave you the item when I gave the item for the other person who didn't show up..

Okay, I'll amend the OP.

The problem was, us in the back couldn't see whose turn it was, and sometimes people opened random chats, so it was easier to move forward to see you talk. :x You need more megaphones. :3

The biggest problem I had with using the Megaphones was that I got flooded with PMs from random people asking me what the event was about. It became a big issue with me trying to keep track of who's getting gifts and who was part of the event and trying to talk to me. If there was like a Miniphone that announced things only on one map, I'd be more inclined to use that instead.

So what happens to those whos secrete odin's was a no show?

They'll just have to wait until their Secret Odin contacts them. I only have gifts from those who bothered to PM me and tell me they weren't able to come.

#31 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

I think for the megaphone problem, yell something like "The event will be starting soon!" (and then /ex to prevent question spamming).

This way, the people who signed up for the event would know it's going to start soon, and come over. The people who don't know what's happening would not know where to go, thus have the place much cleaner >.<

#32 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

I can't really /exall when there were people in the event trying to talk to me through all the conversations going on.

What would really help is if the Megaphone didn't reveal who was talking. Making it an anonymous announcement like the Santa in Prontera announcement would be really nice, since I wouldn't get any PMs from random people not part of the event.

#33 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

You can actually store the megaphone in storage and transfer it to another character. Try announce it on one, log off, and hop on your other so no need to /ex

#34 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

You can actually store the megaphone in storage and transfer it to another character. Try announce it on one, log off, and hop on your other so no need to /ex

Huh, that's a good idea. Will keep that in mind for next year.

#35 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

Just do the event in Louyang. Duh.

#36 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

As much as I would like to bring DB parties back to Luoyang, I don't think my event is a good way to go about it.

#37 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

I waited 2 hours to my Variants, but it was worth it.

<3 <3 <3

#38 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Oh how I wished it stayed like this for the entire duration of the event. Would've gone by a lot faster.

14874.jpg

#39 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:14 AM

Did you? Sorry, I couldn't keep track in all the chaos. Plus, someone unloaded a whole bunch of gifts on me as a thank you so I'm having trouble sorting out which in my inventory were Secret Odin gifts and which were thank you gifts. >_<

Maybe I had a second secret Santa that gave you a gift for me ahead of the event?

#40 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

hmm I don't see my name on there. :( I wonder if my secret Odin pulled out at last minute =/

No Your Secret Odin was there he was screaming your name

#41 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

Sorry, Izzy told me he couldn't come. I was supposed to accept his gift for him. x__x

#42 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Work called me at last minute. the bat rastards. but still. I hope the secret santa who recieved the gift from me was pleased with it! ^^. *ahem* Fluffyninja *ahem*

#43 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

bump for more feedback  :p_smile:

#44 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

Grandious event Zero!
You're great for hosting that kind of event.

Oh how I wished it stayed like this for the entire duration of the event. Would've gone by a lot faster.

14874.jpg

Ikr? Thats what should be. But I sit in the back row when event started, and I cant hear who's being called. Calling names by creating chatroom should be visible even from far aback, but the problem is with long IGN

For next year, maybe you should organize it with some people. Particularly to sort the names and prevent skill spamming. A sage with ME and a pair of performer to push people back maybe? XD

Oh and thank you to Kara Vixen that become my Secret Odin /thx. So happy with Costume Sakkat now /kis2
Hope you can stay untill event ended but I guess that was pretty late for you

Edited by wadoichimonji, 28 December 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#45 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

Ikr? Thats what should be. But I sit in the back row when event started, and I cant hear who's being called. Calling names by creating chatroom should be visible even from far aback, but the problem is with long IGN

For next year, maybe you should organize it with some people. Particularly to sort the names and prevent skill spamming. A sage with ME and a pair of performer to push people back maybe? XD

I underestimated the viewing range for text chat. I apologize for my oversight. I'll definitely consider having people situated AROUND the sleigh platform instead.

Yes, I didn't foresee how bad the skill spamming would get. Hiring players with Silencing abilities and performer players to help push people back would help for next year's event.

#46 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

The event was very fun for me.

I can't wait to be someone's Secret Odin.

#47 Krystabelle

Krystabelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:11 AM

Oh and thank you to Kara Vixen that become my Secret Odin /thx. So happy with Costume Sakkat now /kis2
Hope you can stay untill event ended but I guess that was pretty late for you

You're very welcome! <3 Glad u love it~ :) U were already one of the very last few.. hehe.. It wasn't late for me, event started at 8am for my timezone.. But I was still sleepy so went back to bed.. lolz.. And there wasn't any "ending" to the event that I missed, was there?

#48 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

You're very welcome! <3 Glad u love it~ :) U were already one of the very last few.. hehe.. It wasn't late for me, event started at 8am for my timezone.. But I was still sleepy so went back to bed.. lolz.. And there wasn't any "ending" to the event that I missed, was there?

Lol sleepyhead xD

Yeah that sad thing about having name start with last letter of the alphabet, always get last on roll call  :sob:

You miss the BANG and BOOM of after-event!  :heh: Firework and things. I can set them for you :3

#49 Krystabelle

Krystabelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

It was 8am! 8am!!! LMAO... It's such a glorious time to be asleep in bed.. Hehe..

Anyways, thanks for the thought.. :) I hope there's another event like this again.. It was fun seeing everyone!

#50 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

There was a fireworks finale with Disneyland music. Video should be up by tomorrow or so. It's been a while since I've done any video editing so it's taking me some time to re-learn the basics. x__x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users