40 replies to this topic

#1 minimara

minimara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

I know the hot topic right now is magic classes being broken and rangers being over powered but Beastmasters also have issues to be looked into.

I play a DPS Beastmaster and I am in full chaos gear, i have over 50% defence, in DPS form. As a DPS I am a better Tank than another tank in the game, and I top the boards in DPS too. even if the enemy damage gets fixed I am going to have a hard time dieing with that much defence. 

My suggestion is if we are in DPS form have our VIT contribute to attack power instead of defence, because as it is we are too bulky and over powered.

If anyone else has more suggestions please post them.

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

Can't hear you over the rangerop circlejerk.

#3 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

The +2 Def/Vit needs to go away. That would solve everything. Maybe have Vit give BM 17 HP instead of 15

#4 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

The +2 Def/Vit needs to go away. That would solve everything. Maybe have Vit give BM 17 HP instead of 15

Or simply fix the damn formulas... Or give +1 of DEF for every point of Vit.

#5 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

A Beast Master complains about being overpowered. Wah, what happen to this world?

#6 minimara

minimara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

A Beast Master complains about being overpowered. Wah, what happen to this world?

well there's a balance problem when as a dps i'm only beaten by rogues and rangers and I have 57% defence

#7 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

No. Just give all other tank classes 1 vit = 1 def.

This will fix the defense issue. The DPS is another matter as it stands now Knights are the lowest tank with the other 3 outclassing them in just about everything.

Edited by Xintello, 29 December 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#8 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

Or simply fix the damn formulas... Or give +1 of DEF for every point of Vit.

this would make everyone a tank, vit could give def but not 2 per point , you can get like 2k Def just with vit alone and AoD gear has more Deffense overall

either remove completly the def or make it something like 1 or 0.5 def per point because 60% def with colo items on a BM is ridiculous once you remember osiris gear have 2x or 3x more defense than it

#9 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

this would make everyone a tank, vit could give def but not 2 per point , you can get like 2k Def just with vit alone and AoD gear has more Deffense overall

either remove completly the def or make it something like 1 or 0.5 def per point because 60% def with colo items on a BM is ridiculous once you remember osiris gear have 2x or 3x more defense than it

Sorry, that was my bad. Writing when you're angry can lead to terrible mistakes. Maybe we could separate the defense stats given by the armor and the VIT of the Basic Stats, included the VIT given by the armor, like this:

-VIT Def: Flat Damage Reduction (Example: 55 of VIT Def reduce 55 points of the total damage that you would receive). And everyone will get +1 of Def for every point of VIT, except for the Beast Masters, who will get +2 of Def for every point of VIT.

-Armor Def: % Damage Reduction (Working as the same way the Defense Rate works now).

That's just my idea.

Edit: I'll be running some numbers of some posible ways to fix the bonuses of the classes, so we don't get gray hairs by having OP classes in front of us, like the Beast Masters' situation right now.

Edited by TatsuyaKeith, 29 December 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#10 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

Or simply have Knight, Warrior, and Monk get +1 Def per Vit, BM get +2 Def per Vit, and other classes get +0 Def per Vit.

#11 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Or simply have Knight, Warrior, and Monk get +1 Def per Vit, BM get +2 Def per Vit, and other classes get +0 Def per Vit.

agreed.

#12 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

Yep it has began. Knights = useless now. Good job devs.

#13 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Sttaaphh... :sob:  You sir / ma'am are making me losing motivation playing my knight even more :p_cry:

#14 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Sttaaphh... :sob:  You sir / ma'am are making me losing motivation playing my knight even more :p_cry:

The game is on a really dire state for some classes. One of those is the Knight.

#15 GiggleFairy

GiggleFairy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

finally become tanky and have some dps and people start crying about it(sorry if i come off rude). i do agree that classes like warriors,knights, and monks need 1 vit = 1 def. i noticed my warrior taking a lot more damage after that stat change patch.

before the patch we were just high hp and squishy unless geared in the best stuff.we are also able to hold threat better now in Grizzly Form as a result of this patch imo.

Edited by GiggleFairy, 29 December 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#16 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

BM joins the MT group.. Why complain? At least people have a choice..

#17 Tsyrker

Tsyrker

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

finally become tanky and have some dps and people start crying about it(sorry if i come off rude). i do agree that classes like warriors,knights, and monks need 1 vit = 1 def. i noticed my warrior taking a lot more damage after that stat change patch.

before the patch we were just high hp and squishy unless geared in the best stuff.we are also able to hold threat better now in Grizzly Form as a result of this patch imo.

It's a problem when even in DPS form, they have are still have more def than any tank class in their tank form and still do massive DPS, and the most HP at the same time. A 10 man(?) bear raid is now actually a good set up.

#18 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

It's a problem when even in DPS form, they have are still have more def than any tank class in their tank form and still do massive DPS, and the most HP at the same time. A 10 man(?) bear raid is now actually a good set up.

The bear-stampede is coming!! D:

#19 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

I want to see now All BM raid wahahaha...Kill RH

#20 GiggleFairy

GiggleFairy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

full bear raids were done long before this patch.

#21 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

full bear raids were done long before this patch.

I already so that what i want to say is, having full raid Master Bear..

All hard Dungeon Run.. it will be epic..

#22 shadowhands

shadowhands

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

BM joins the MT group.. Why complain? At least people have a choice..

MT? you sure you can beat a warrior's threat? other than that... yeah.. with no warrior on a raid BMs are sure to be MT

exactly this... thank you devs really... now give me a refund for me to reroll cause you have given me a useless class to play

#23 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

MT? you sure you can beat a warrior's threat? other than that... yeah.. with no warrior on a raid BMs are sure to be MT

full chaos geared BM threat VS a full chaos geared warr (you can ask around to confirm hes full chaos, he seems so be kinda popular in chaos)

threat_zps8dbc3673.jpg

Edited by ArukaX, 29 December 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#24 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

exactly this... thank you devs really... now give me a refund for me to reroll cause you have given me a useless class to play

Knight is not useless they can be MT after repair Patch next year but the thing is they will be considered as second option

if there's no BM around. So they will be invited less compare to BM's..

Hope everything will be ok after PATCH..

#25 shadowhands

shadowhands

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

well i have nothings against BMs getting a huge boost they deserve it anyway

full chaos geared BM threat VS a full chaos geared warr (you can ask around to confirm hes full chaos, he seems so be kinda popular in chaos)

threat_zps8dbc3673.jpg

so many factors needed to be considered here... but you could be right

Knight is not useless they can be MT after repair Patch next year but the thing is they will be considered as second option

if there's no BM around. So they will be invited less compare to BM's..

Hope everything will be ok after PATCH..

yeah... so... knights become important if there are no other tanks around.... no matter how i think of it only extending knight's skills wont make the class viable in the long run because their skills are crappy to begin with (unless they rebalace our stats and gear stats ex. int for our gears so we can specialize in battle tactics more compared to warrior's raw damage).

------> also regarding the +1 def for all classes, yeah... no... all classes have def modifiers (%def increase) except knights... so doing that would deal us a more fatal blow.. unless they put % modifiers on shields or whatever so just reducing the BM's VIT:def ratio is fine for me.

we are becoming extinct really /sob 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users