Classic: Patch notes for January 2014 - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Patch notes for January 2014

• Please log in to reply
646 replies to this topic

#76 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

magic become useless?

last time i checked guild leaders uses their ygg items for their members for woe

only a few ACA/OCA got to be won in the raffle because they are so unpopular right now because its huge zeny sink.

only thing that will actually go down in price is glove and elemental armors.

last time i heard the guild sulprus box drops supplies which ruins the noobs for ever selling supplies because you can contain them the easy way now. and most of the time the goat map are occupied by bots and so is the anolian map that drop ygg seeds.

After two weeks the damage to the ygg, blue herb, and speed pot prices will be huge. It's going to take a long time to recover.

#77 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

Anyone who remembers green ales would know that people will overuse them when they are in surplus and then be cleaned out in under a month.

Same goes for speed pots, you can easily WoE with 0 but when you have 200 you will probably use them all. Yes, the next few WoE's will be godmode, but in a couple months you will hardly be able to feel this.

Most people don't even do the WSS / Bherb raffle because the rewards are impossible to get / unprofitable. So those markets will be largely unaffected.

This event hurts the 1-2 people who "farmed" hugel races. And anyone who has been grinding in stings lately. The market for consumables will bounce back in 1-3 months easily. Anyone with previous experience with raffler knows that the first 48 hours do the most damage. Most people who wanted Yggseeds have already gotten loads of them, and the prices for the ele armors / gloves have hit the bottom of the barrel. Once all the items hit their floor price, the inflow of those items will be next to nothing for the next 2 weeks. Zeny has been hugely sunk and people who could afford this event have spent a large bankroll already. The only difference is that the poor players will be desperately trying to unload their surplus of supplies and racing to the bottom, creating the illusion of crashing value. When in reality very few people will continue raffling for the entire duration of the event.

I do doubt that gloves / ele armor will recover because those are permanent items with very little variation in carding possibilities.

#78 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

Well if a wizard used an ele armor I would laugh at them.

But mainly it makes it piss easy for melee to cross nml? I guess it sorta nerfs precasts too :)

I don't mind, ele armor is favourable to my class, I'll destroy anyone who thinks unfrozen wind/water is a good idea.

#79 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

most of the damage output are not from wizz, unless you are precasting behind portal yes, then i might agree with you there

#80 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Oda please respond to my PM  -_-

Thanks!  :happy:

#81 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

a lottery system is much better than raffler

#82 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

I think some people are just being hypocritical. 

They cryed and whined for easy ways to get supplies for woe.

GMs implemented supplies boxes.

But now all of out sudden, elemental armors, yggseeds and speed pots  are broken because they damage the economy. Seriously....

The impact on the economy is just zenny sink and access for everyone to non-drop armors and people who monopolize their prices (unless you can play like 20 ro accounts to farm those on hugel like a couple of people out there)

Also, leaders have an easier time handing out supplies but get all selfish because everyone can access now their precious seeds just as much as they do. 

And please, someone show me how SG can 1-2shot people that elemental armors are so broken for woe now.

Edited by Panteperu, 03 January 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#83 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

sadly hugel medals are being botted, thats how the elemental armors (except fire) are entering the market

#84 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

the elemental armour flooding just felt like a slap in the face to anyone that spent god knows how many hours farming it in hugel. And its not just 1 winner like 3-4 winners every hours. Please rollback/ increase delay or have poorer odds.

1:200 for armour and 1:1200 for OCA. Yea....I think it should be the other way around at the very least

#85 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

sadly hugel medals are being botted, thats how the elemental armors (except fire) are entering the market

Actually, I do know ONE legitimate person that runs like 20 clients to do it himself, but no one else is that crazy hahaha 

#86 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

thats so much effort, and ele armors were selling for 200-300m? could've invest their crazy time in something else LoL

#87 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

huh Im glad I sold my speeds two weeks ago. Next time you should really think about with what items you flood the market. Dead Branchs would be nice to have some fun. But no BloodyBranches .

Oda what about:

• add the buying store system to classic?
  • PvP Room preview to pvp warper in prontera

#88 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

oh my god oh my god dead branches swoon !!!! also i kind of wish we could see the stats for how long/how much the raffler is played per item. not like SO AND SO PLAYED 80 TIMES FOR A WIND ARMOR but like during a fire armor round x people played it and the round lasted for y seconds/minutes. no specifics, just numbers to look at that cause i think it would be interesting.

also quests. where are the quests. where are they. also, what is your favourite food.

#89 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

I think some people are just being hypocritical. 

They cryed and whined for easy ways to get supplies for woe.

GMs implemented supplies boxes.

But now all of out sudden, elemental armors, yggseeds and speed pots  are broken because they damage the economy. Seriously....

The impact on the economy is just zenny sink and access for everyone to non-drop armors and people who monopolize their prices (unless you can play like 20 ro accounts to farm those on hugel like a couple of people out there)

Also, leaders have an easier time handing out supplies but get all selfish because everyone can access now their precious seeds just as much as they do. 

And please, someone show me how SG can 1-2shot people that elemental armors are so broken for woe now.

Rude, those are all things I was against being in the boxes because newer players / mvpers do exist. That doesn't make hypocrisy if you read the full thing. Such rude and ignorant statements piss me off.

And for what it's worth, guildleaders can probably buy more seeds than anyone else from the raffle anyway.

Edit: I'm not going to tell you what it's for, but holy crap people will cry when they figure out what shenanigans I'm gonna pull with ele armor

Edited by Xellie, 03 January 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#90 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

Rude, those are all things I was against being in the boxes because newer players / mvpers do exist. That doesn't make hypocrisy if you read the full thing. Such rude and ignorant statements piss me off.

And for what it's worth, guildleaders can probably buy more seeds than anyone else from the raffle anyway.

Edit: I'm not going to tell you what it's for, but holy crap people will cry when they figure out what shenanigans I'm gonna pull with ele armor

Well, i may sound rude and i want to say sorry for that. 

As for seeds, i may be true some guild leaders can buy more seeds than anyone else but that is not my point.

My point is that guild leaders will continue to use seeds 24/7 on woe with or withour raffle on.

It is no secret that most of the yggseed supplies come from bots. So, if one of the arguments to implement supply boxes was to destroy the bot economy then i think it is a good step.

It seems/feels like people who currently have access to seeds either throught botting or buying from bots are trying to get the raffle down just because everyone else can access the seeds just as much as they do. (they dont want some even fights or fight against godlike players like them)

As for elemental armor, those are double edged armors, converters are going to destroy people easier for the sake of taking no damage from SG (lol), i dunno your reasons why you were against elemental armor being in boxes, you might have some good arguments here and could be a good thing to listen. 

But I also consider that such a ridiculous amount of elemental armors flooding the market is not a good thing, they should increase the delay between raffles to 5 -10 minutes. 

#91 kirmister

kirmister

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Yo can you remove OCA, ACA and earth elemental armor from raffle? 

If you are looking for new prices....

Here is a list of items which prices aren't ruined yet:

Valk Armor

IcePick

Combat Knife

Takius

Sl Sunnie

Hat of Sungod

Variants

PS: I have so many Yggseeds, please add a npc where I can plant some Yggdrassil Seeds and gather some Yggdrassil Berries!

5 Seeds for a berry would be fair!

#92 Fables

Fables

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

also quests. where are the quests. where are they. also, what is your favourite food.

:p_swt:

a lady told us there is a petite turn in for 9x supposedly, which is great except could you please tell us what all the rest of them are so that that poor lady doesn't have to check every single map for new turn ins

#93 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

:p_swt:

a lady told us there is a petite turn in for 9x supposedly, which is great except could you please tell us what all the rest of them are so that that poor lady doesn't have to check every single map for new turn ins

Where is it? 

#94 summerwind

summerwind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

It would be nice to have stat boost items such as sesame pastry and honey pastry as prizes for the raffle.

#95 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

The only thing this event does is allow poor/noobz be able to spam more speed pots/yggs since good players do that anyways.

Also kind of fixes the price of glove[1] which should be a pretty cheap/basic item IMO.

Don't care about elemental armors, they don't really do anything significant.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 04 January 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#96 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Nice...

But where are the new Turn In quests?

#97 UberAmatsu

UberAmatsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Are the new repeatable quests supposed to be a well guarded secret? Many people including myself are interested if someone could help.

#98 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

There are a bunch of players who are willing to spend a pretty penny on kp for battle manuals if there is a turn in event.

#99 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

• Dead Branchs to raffler + new prizes

#100 shtzindafan

shtzindafan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

Put n a small spawn of the DG monsters on some random map so people can actually make the sealed shrine headgear without having to go to floor 97 of ET 20 times just to get the required items

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users