MVP class choice, what are costs to gear each mvp build? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

MVP class choice, what are costs to gear each mvp build?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Nocturne_Saint

Nocturne_Saint

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

So far i hear genetisist and assassin are good for mvp.

what other classes do you guys prefer to mvp with?

and how much does it run to gear up the third job level for each mvp class?

i have an assassin Cross but it seems when he hits gx its going to cost a pretty zenny to get him properly geared for mvp.

I have an alchemist, but having trouble getting into ti's cause at this point has nothing to contribute.

so

1. how would you rank each class based on MVP potential

2. how expensive is it to gear each class on third job

Edited by Nocturne_Saint, 31 December 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#2 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

I personally use an RG for MVPing as they pretty good for soloing a lot of MVPs and can be done with basic gears. For the longest time my RG used a +7 Long horn with a hunter fly card and no enchants and a +6 uncarded rideword hat. Aside from that all you really need for basic MVPing is a set of elemental armors and high def and/or HP and SP increasing gears. However thats if you want to kill low level MVPs, if you want to kill tougher things with AGI up you'll need a gungnir[2] with at least one mummy card and a shield with an ancient mummy card in it to hit agi up'd MVPs a decent amount of the time.

Genetic MVPing can be expensive, with bombs and cannon balls. Gen Gear can get rather pricey unless you hunt it yourself, but if you can get into a guild that does ET and doesn't have an established gen you should be all set.

#3 Eunbay

Eunbay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationIn Neverland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Best MVPing job is Arch Bishop (I'm not joking)

All you have to do is stand far away and lex the MVP

#4 sailorspikey

sailorspikey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

Best MVPing job is Arch Bishop (I'm not joking)

All you have to do is stand far away and lex the MVP

don't you need to contribute the most damage to get MVP?

#5 Eunbay

Eunbay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationIn Neverland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:46 AM

Well, I normally say 70/30 loot or find another AB :D

Thus I'm the MVP

#6 Farzywarzy

Farzywarzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Orlean's

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

I think there are several threads like this posted in the past, try looking it up (Google: keywords best mvp class ragnarok warpportal etc etc etc)

#7 xracex

xracex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

GX is prolly one of the worst mvpers, go champ or genetic, genetic will cost more but be more effective with medium class gear(twin edge or hurricane fury and elemental Orleans). Sura you can use the morph set(cheap) and a carga(also cheap), or go find something that resembles tank gear but, the Sura needs lex much more than the genetic. 

Also where do you find chumps that will split loot 70/30? i have a stack of mvp cards i split 33/33/33 with two other people and sometimes i get tag a longs just to see us mash through BB's.

#8 Alichi

Alichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind Your Door
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

O_o, have you even try to mvp-ing with 150 GX ? dont say it the worst if you never taste the feel when you kill a low-mid tier mvp with GX. If you want the easier one, go with Genetic and get sera's painkiller, you can solo most low, mid, high mvp with less problem. I dont recommend a sura for solo mvping, especialy at mid and high tier MVP with competition, you'll just get loot steal or KS-ed by other mvp-er.  

About that party mvping......Dunno, but i dont think party MVP-ing other than a guild run is good for me. maybe i'm just too greedy...maybe...

As for the cost, its varies, depends on what class you gonna play as mvp-er, but again, genetic is the most efficient and worth it (infact that almost high tier/expensive card MVP is always a competition).

#9 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

O_o, have you even try to mvp-ing with 150 GX ? dont say it the worst if you never taste the feel when you kill a low-mid tier mvp with GX. If you want the easier one, go with Genetic and get sera's painkiller, you can solo most low, mid, high mvp with less problem. I dont recommend a sura for solo mvping, especialy at mid and high tier MVP with competition, you'll just get loot steal or KS-ed by other mvp-er.  

About that party mvping......Dunno, but i dont think party MVP-ing other than a guild run is good for me. maybe i'm just too greedy...maybe...

As for the cost, its varies, depends on what class you gonna play as mvp-er, but again, genetic is the most efficient and worth it (infact that almost high tier/expensive card MVP is always a competition).

MVP GX is super fun actually. ^^ 

#10 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

If you want to gear any character to it's best possible gear, most will cost more or less the same.

The classes I MVP on are: Guillotine Cross, Genetic(s), and Ranger. I also have a MVP Sura, but I don't find it interesting to use, thus I don't use her.

For MVP Guillotine Cross, one of the better weapons is the Glorious Jam, which you would want to have at at least +9. Getting this weapon can be a hassle, but there are alternatives such as a well enchanted Chakram + Assassin's cuffs, or wild beast claw, or Blood Tears. Your build will either be pure agi crit, or agi crit + rc hybrid. GX Is extremely fun to mvp with since you see the numbers fly past doing 10-30k per hit at 193 aspd. You will want a +9 HBP, elemental armors, glorious suit, and rogue's treasure x2 or paired with Bakonawa Tattoo, x2 RWC Rings with FS enchants are also great. It's probably a total of 2b worth of gears to 4bil if you don't count gods.

Potential: mid

A well geared GX would look something like:

screenChaos195_zps5ee982f3.png

For MVP rangers, you will need a good agi build with high luck and crit chance along with well enchanted white wing set and a decent bow, either crit enchanted or a highly upgraded elven. Ranger is probably the most fun to gear (I enjoy enchanting), and probably the least costly. Main goal is to get 193 aspd and lots of luk. Downfall is, you're unable to kill mvps that you cannot hitlock and those that use endure often. And ghost is pretty poopy. You don't need gods for ranger, but some people like to +14 their elven bows for beholder master cards, (but imo not necessary for 193). Gears range from 2-4bil.

Potential: low- mid
A geared aspd ranger would look something like this:

screenChaos201_zpse040a4d2.png

For MVP Sura, you need gears to maximize your SP and str/atk. One of the best thing about sura is you can one to two shot mvps if geared right. The main point about sura gears is most gears give more sp if they're upgraded higher such as turkey on your head, nidhoggur, etc. So upgrading can be costly. Prices range about 3-5bil in gears. Good accessories are: Diab Ring, Sura's Gauntlets. Sura's Gauntlets are very good on suras with max str and they're almost as good as megs.

Potential: very high

Well geared sura would look something like this:

screenChaos197_zps37068a78.png

Lastly, for my favorite: Genetic, it's probably the most costly to obtain the *best* gears, but it's similar to every other class in terms of good gears as well. For gene, there are two things to consider: damage and cast time. In terms of gears, you can use +9 HBP or better, +9 FAWs. If you don't have a +9 FAW, +9 HBP is less costly and the damage difference is not too big. As for weapon, you'd want either: Byellogeum, Erde, Twin Edge, Hurricane Fury. Aside from the Twin, these all need to have enchants of Expert Archer 8 or higher, and that can be a bit costly ranging from 1b on the low end to 10b on the high end. For accessories, many work well. For armors, orleans gown of diff elements, orleans gown of wild cat, etc. And these are quite cheap. You can also enchant them. Of course Orleans gown for cart cannon is not needed if you genetic has instant cast cart cannon, or you're using a phen carded accessory. On top of these, you do have to spend money on acid bombs and bottle grenades and different types of cannon balls. Gene gears usually range from 3-4bil.

A "over the top" geared gene would look something like this:

screenChaos199_zps907e97f3.png

Edited by KamiKali, 01 January 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#11 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

If you want to gear any character to it's best possible gear, most will cost more or less the same.

The classes I MVP on are: Guillotine Cross, Genetic(s), and Ranger. I also have a MVP Sura, but I don't find it interesting to use, thus I don't use her.

For MVP Guillotine Cross, one of the better weapons is the Glorious Jam, which you would want to have at at least +9. Getting this weapon can be a hassle, but there are alternatives such as a well enchanted Chakram + Assassin's cuffs, or wild beast claw, or Blood Tears. Your build will either be pure agi crit, or agi crit + rc hybrid. GX Is extremely fun to mvp with since you see the numbers fly past doing 10-30k per hit at 193 aspd. You will want a +9 HBP, elemental armors, glorious suit, and rogue's treasure x2 or paired with Bakonawa Tattoo, x2 RWC Rings with FS enchants are also great. It's probably a total of 2b worth of gears to 4bil if you don't count gods. A well geared GX would look something like:

For MVP rangers, you will need a good agi build with high luck and crit chance along with well enchanted white wing set and a decent bow, either crit enchanted or a highly upgraded elven. Ranger is probably the most fun to gear (I enjoy enchanting), and probably the least costly. Main goal is to get 193 aspd and lots of luk. Downfall is, you're unable to kill mvps that you cannot hitlock and those that use endure often. And ghost is pretty poopy. You don't need gods for ranger, but some people like to +14 their elven bows for beholder master cards, (but imo not necessary for 193). Gears range from 2-4bil.

For MVP Sura, you need gears to maximize your SP and str/atk. One of the best thing about sura is you can one to two shot mvps if geared right. The main point about sura gears is most gears give more sp if they're upgraded higher such as turkey on your head, nidhoggur, etc. So upgrading can be costly. Prices range about 3-5bil in gears. Good accessories are: Diab Ring, Sura's Gauntlets. Sura's Gauntlets are very good on suras with max str and they're almost as good as megs.

Lastly, for my favorite: Genetic, it's probably the most costly to obtain the *best* gears, but it's similar to every other class in terms of good gears as well. For gene, there are two things to consider: damage and cast time. In terms of gears, you can use +9 HBP or better, +9 FAWs. If you don't have a +9 FAW, +9 HBP is less costly and the damage difference is not too big. As for weapon, you'd want either: Byellogeum, Erde, Twin Edge, Hurricane Fury. Aside from the Twin, these all need to have enchants of Expert Archer 8 or higher, and that can be a bit costly ranging from 1b on the low end to 10b on the high end. For accessories, many work well. For armors, orleans gown of diff elements, orleans gown of wild cat, etc. And these are quite cheap. You can also enchant them. Of course Orleans gown for cart cannon is not needed if you genetic has instant cast cart cannon, or you're using a phen carded accessory. On top of these, you do have to spend money on acid bombs and bottle grenades and different types of cannon balls. Gene gears usually range from 3-4bil.

Nice one Kamikali ^^ 

This is my DD GX for MVP....

MyGX_zps3cc23c6c.png

any advice for me...  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

#12 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Nice one Kamikali ^^ 

MyGX_zps3cc23c6c.png

any advice for me...  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

What are the other cards in your scalpel? I think your gears are pretty much optimal. It seems like with foods you'll achieve 193 aspd easily as well. My friend used to use +13 BLBs to get 193, but this was before the Poring Band. What do you plan on carding in the poring band, if you decide to card it at all?

Or if you can get 193 without the poring band (such as using a HBP for the +1 aspd) You can switch that out for a headgear that increases damage instead. Perhaps +9 Enchanced Solar God Helm (+45 atk). I've yet to test that against EMH tho.

Edited by KamiKali, 01 January 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#13 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

There was no buff at all... and yes, With +20 Agi food, i can do 193 aspd with out the poring band. And I already had +12 En SGH and tested it. I did 20k up with Double atk..

with My gears above, I do 13k - 16k... I'm thinking to do the Nab Cloth FS10 up for more dmg.. 

#14 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

I use RK

#15 Balthronus

Balthronus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

Nice one Kamikali ^^

MyGX_zps3cc23c6c.png

any advice for me... :p_love: :p_love: :p_love:

What cards and enchants do you have? cause I cant seem to get 192 attack speed with the calculator and your gears. Mind you im using my phone and probably just missed something lol

#16 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

What cards and enchants do you have? cause I cant seem to get 192 attack speed with the calculator and your gears. Mind you im using my phone and probably just missed something lol

looks like he has

costume = 10% aspd

head = 8% aspd, +1 aspd

mid = 4% aspd

garment = 21% aspd, +1 aspd

accessory = 10% aspd

celermine juice = 10% aspd(counts as equip aspd)

so a total of 63% aspd from equips with + 2 flat aspd

edit: just used the irodb stat calc, and got 191.99 aspd with those gears plus stats. so it should work  =)

Edited by hmc317, 11 January 2014 - 03:00 PM.

#17 Balthronus

Balthronus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

looks like he has

costume = 10% aspd

head = 8% aspd, +1 aspd

mid = 4% aspd

garment = 21% aspd, +1 aspd 

accessory = 10% aspd

celermine juice = 10% aspd(counts as equip aspd)

so a total of 63% aspd from equips with + 2 flat aspd

edit: just used the irodb stat calc, and got 191.99 aspd with those gears plus stats. so it should work  =)

How did you get 63 + 2 aspd from his screen shot?

I've crunched some numbers, and 47% aspd, +1 aspd is the only definitive answer you can make from the screen shot its self. It would only be 32% however when using the calculator if you have his gears already listed in there, otherwise you would be doubling up on aspd for Mid and accessory.

If we assume the Garment is enchanted +16% aspd + 1 aspd (which we don't know fr sure) we will reach your estimate of 63% but again we dont know. Either way this is not enough to reach 192 by its self.

If we double up on the Mid and accessory with the 63% +2 we will finally reach 192 aspd yay! Sadly we cant just add 14% from no where in-game. Thus i deduce he has a doppelganger card in the scalpel and that you doubled up within the calculator to make up for the extra 10%+ needed to break 192, otherwise your numbers should have shown 190?

This is my no means a troll post or anything malicious in nature, I was just wanting accurate figures and numbers as i am wanting to invest in a very similar gear set and don't wish to spend billions only to have found out aspd would fall short. Sorry to derail from OP.  In response to OP....Billions for all classes!!

#18 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

jehp.jpg

he has one of these

16% aspd from enchants

+1 aspd from special agi enchant

5% aspd from faw bonuses

#19 lordidain

lordidain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationUnites States Midwest
  • Server:Yrim to chaos

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

and I though I was fast with the drooping alicel and kvm. D:

#20 lordidain

lordidain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationUnites States Midwest
  • Server:Yrim to chaos

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

10206_798693046812482_560540908_n.jpghave you tried one of these in as an alt to your little feather hat?

For MVP Guillotine Cross, one of the better weapons is the Glorious Jam, which you would want to have at at least +9. Getting this weapon can be a hassle, but there are alternatives such as a well enchanted Chakram + Assassin's cuffs, or wild beast claw, or Blood Tears. Your build will either be pure agi crit, or agi crit + rc hybrid. GX Is extremely fun to mvp with since you see the numbers fly past doing 10-30k per hit at 193 aspd. You will want a +9 HBP, elemental armors, glorious suit, and rogue's treasure x2 or paired with Bakonawa Tattoo, x2 RWC Rings with FS enchants are also great. It's probably a total of 2b worth of gears to 4bil if you don't count gods.

#21 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

10206_798693046812482_560540908_n.jpghave you tried one of these in as an alt to your little feather hat?

I recently carded my little feather hat with an angra mantis. I don't plan on putting it in a CEB because LFH modifies crit damage a lot better than a CEB. CEB would be great for tanking demi humans and using skills, but then I would use RC instead, and so I wouldn't be critting. On the other hand, it's also good if I want to be tankier + doing decent crit damage, which I do understand, but I rarely go against demihuman mobs, and when I do hunt in bio3 or 4, I prefer to go maximum damage output instead.

#22 Dreyers1990

Dreyers1990

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

Sorry if I'm bringing back a few months old thread... Been trying to find out what costume she is using that adds aspd.. Also I thought the costumes with aspd effects got their effects disabled already.. thanks to anyone who responds..

#23 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

Nooooooob XD

p.s. work on dat sura bro I spy a biggg mistake

Edited by Havenn, 31 July 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#24 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Sorry if I'm bringing back a few months old thread... Been trying to find out what costume she is using that adds aspd.. Also I thought the costumes with aspd effects got their effects disabled already.. thanks to anyone who responds..

The cat santa costume used to increase aspd by 10%. That was removed a while ago though.

#25 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Nooooooob XD

p.s. work on dat sura bro I spy a biggg mistake

you're referencing a 7 month old post; things have probably changed at least slightly since then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users