disconnect issue - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

disconnect issue

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Darkopolypse

Darkopolypse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

since the update when santa got added after I used him now every single time my screen reloads as in using bwing, fwing, kafra teleport service, or even walking through a portal I get disconnected. I know its no issue on my end cause everything else works fine. I have tried other accounts of mine and they get the same error so its not an account thing. it has to be something in the client or the server just keeps losing me when I change maps or teleport. this is very annoying and has discouraged me from wanting to play. I am running windows 7 on a computer with a 2.8ghz quad core amd phenom processor with 4GBs of ram and an onboard ATI HD 5400 video processor with 512MBs of vram. please look into this issue, its only been happening since santa was put in and didnt start til I used santa to get gifts and other accounts I reset them with him.

#2 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Post a tracert here as a starter. To learn how to take a tracert click here.

Just to be safe, were you using a homunculus or a mercenary during the disconnection?

Edited by Beata, 31 December 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#3 Darkopolypse

Darkopolypse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:11 AM

I have my homunculus follwing me?I dont use mercenaries. they die too quickly and are a waste of zeny I believe. does the homunculus possibly have something to do with it?

Edited by Darkopolypse, 01 January 2014 - 05:28 AM.

#4 Darkopolypse

Darkopolypse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

and here is the tracert

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Hades>tracert playragnarok.com

Tracing route to playragnarok.com [128.241.93.60]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  2     7 ms     7 ms     8 ms  be21-1058.blasohdp01r.midwest.rr.com
  3     9 ms    10 ms     9 ms  cpe-65-29-34-76.wi.res.rr.com
  4    13 ms    11 ms    10 ms  cpe-65-29-33-70.wi.res.rr.com
  5    16 ms    14 ms    16 ms  be28.clmkohpe01r.midwest.rr.com
  6    27 ms    28 ms    28 ms  ae-3-0.cr0.dca20.tbone.rr.com
  7    37 ms    30 ms    26 ms 
  8    26 ms    28 ms    25 ms  ix-17-0.tcore1.AEQ-Ashburn.as6453.net
  9    26 ms    28 ms    26 ms  if-30-2.tcore2.AEQ-Ashburn.as6453.net
 10    28 ms    23 ms    61 ms  ae-7.r21.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net
 11    35 ms    27 ms    26 ms  ae-6.r20.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net
 12    84 ms    83 ms    57 ms  ae-0.r20.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net
 13    95 ms    75 ms    75 ms  ae-5.r20.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net
 14    77 ms    85 ms    88 ms  xe-0-0-0-15.r05.lsanca03.us.ce.gin.ntt.net
 15     *       91 ms    81 ms  xe-0-0-0-15.r05.lsanca03.us.ce.gin.ntt.net
 16    82 ms    85 ms    81 ms  portal.demarcation.gravityus.com
 17    87 ms    86 ms    89 ms  www.playragnarok.com

Trace complete.

#5 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

When you tested your other characters, did they have homunculus too? Try to vaporize the homunculus and change maps/teleport/etc to test if the disconnections will occur.

To read more about homunculus and disconnections click here.

Did you install anything new on your computer lately? Anything at all that affect your network or security?

#6 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

It is a common issue to be disconnected when changing maps while a homunculus is out.  A lot of people have reported the issue for several months, but nothing has really been done to resolve it.  The fly wing part is a new one though.  Never heard of it until now.

#7 Darkopolypse

Darkopolypse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

the fly wing thing doesnt happen til I have been walking and it gets so laggy I can barely move. the lag is another thing. I've downloaded those lower ping things and they seem to make the lag worse. and no the last thing I downloaded was 2 months ago and it was one of the lower ping programs suggested in other parts of the forums. I have tested on other characters and no they dont have homunculus and generally they dont get disconnected when using fly wing or changing maps. only time it seems to happen on other characters is during WoE. I have tried vaporizing the homunculus and instead of just a pure disconnect I'm getting a warning that there was a time gap between me and the server. I've never had these problems til the last update and its getting really annoying. I've always bragged when doin Gramps quests cause I could pop around and move around just fine while everyone else is laggin out and gettin disconnected when I use Gwings. but now I cant even move or use my own gwings cause I get disconnected. I'm getting really discouraged from even wanting to play. especially after this latest issue with my main account where someone cant seem to make up their mind y I was banned. first they tell me its from trade fraud which I know is ludicrous cause I only trade with my own accounts, and now they say ill mannered acts. if they wanna start banning for ill mannered acts then I can report at least 15 accounts that have harrased me and are way more ill mannered then me. that not the issue at hand though, this issue is with one of my alt accounts and these constant disconnects. actually come to think of it my most recent download was the hom AI Azzy AI. has it been fully tested for connection issues?

#8 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

Turn-in maps specially lowest turn in are generally laggy and there is no way to fix this from a user end. Lower ping programs should lessen the lag everywhere but they won't help if the lag is server side such as turn-ins maps.

If the issue persists outside the turn-ins can you list down the maps you disconnect on? Some map zones have high traffic and it can get really laggy for everyone. Time gap error is another issue, please go through this thread for some ideas.

Latest Azzy AI have an option to help with reducing the lag. The option is called LagReduction and is found within AzzyAI configuration Utility. Please go through this thread for more AzzyAi configurations and lag.

There is a nifty network program that helps in diagnosing and troubleshooting network issues in a graphical manner called PingPlotter. I would advise trying out the standard edition to analyze your connection and the route to any destination through it.

For now, uninstall properly the lower ping program(s) you have installed. Might test this again later as a last resort.

#9 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

If you are lagging only when your homunculus is out and you use AzzyAI, try turning off dance attack (if you have it on) or turn on the lagreduction option.  Based on your tracert, if you keep timing out at the beginning of it, you may want to contact your ISP and get your router checked.  That can cause latency in game as well as being disconnected due to time gaps.  Otherwise you shouldn't really be lagging unless it is computer based. (your tracert looks fine, you don't need to use lowerping).  If you see it timing out near the end of the tracert, send it to warpportal via ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users