FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:34 AM

I don't have to be a moderator to tell you that you're an inexperienced player, and that your post is nothing more than your own opinion, and not a fact.

I can oneshot MvP's with gfist( A 2nd class skill), I honestly don't see your point. You're the only one here implying sorc's are a weak class(I can quote you on that if you want), you should read before you post. I've had an RK, and it's only OP if you were double belted, burning stat foods, and had a hammer. But then again, what isn't?

We don't listen to you because you're ignorant of the fact that an average, everyday RK isn't as OP as you think it is. A majority of the posters here who have disagreed with you have more WoE/PvP/PvM experience than you, yet you still insist on being right.

Spoiler

Yes, but GFist is based on the max sp and atk (wait, wtf? you are comparing CS with GFist?), meged RK is good if you use storm blast but not big deal with clashing spiral, hammer is also for storm blast.
Clashing Spiral is not OP is unbalanced for many reasons, woe/pvp or pvm.
Too bad if you dont listen is something that i dont care, im just giving my opinion but if you cant deal with it is your problem bro.

Edited by FiskBlack, 16 June 2011 - 01:12 PM.

#127 BobaTea

BobaTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

I use Clashing spiral allot to level But it eats up SP like crazy making lvling slow due to reg the SP. I say dont change CS its basicall the best skill i have to lvl.. I mean you nerfed our def and it makes lvling hard even in thors at lvl 127 :waddle:

#128 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

If you use rideword hat + nyd garment you shouldn't be running out of SP with CS... only the rare occasions where neither of them proc their sp regen. They almost always refill your sp to full though, depending on your damage (definitely would if you were gloomy-slaved).

#129 incubator

incubator

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

Clashing Spiral costs 30sp. Hundred Spear costs 60.
Nerf the former and buff the latter so their damage reflects their cost.

#130 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

Can't believe no one's said anything about Storm Blast being usable inside Manhole because of the item. o.o That needs to be fixed ASAP.

#131 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

Can't believe no one's said anything about Storm Blast being usable inside Manhole because of the item. o.o That needs to be fixed ASAP.

At least they don't have to complain about not being able to do crap while trapped inside Manhole. :o

#132 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

Listen to this guy Alca , he knows whaat he's talking about. RK does not needs nerfing, people need to learn how to switch gears like in pre-renewal days. Now its just playing with 1 bar spamming green ales.

#133 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

Thats how bad LKs played pre renewal. White pots, blues, dynamo and bowling bash. No other keys. No gear swapping, no green pots no speed pots no nothing. People need to learn how to play in renewal, ITS DIFFERENT. Adapt instead of crying to make it easier for you. The good players already have.

#134 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

Thats how bad LKs played pre renewal. White pots, blues, dynamo and bowling bash. No other keys. No gear swapping, no green pots no speed pots no nothing. People need to learn how to play in renewal, ITS DIFFERENT. Adapt instead of crying to make it easier for you. The good players already have.

Yeah, no gear swappping an you get aspersio on an emp pre-renewal. You clearly know what you're talking about.

#135 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

Are we playing the same game? So many people didn't even notice they were aspersio'd on an emp and just kept hitting it. Just because there are retarded people doesn't make my statement less true. People did it.

#136 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

Dont Forget Dragon Howling... B)

"Commands the dragon to howl ferociously, having a chance to inflict Fear status to all nearby enemies, preventing them from moving for 2 seconds and reducing their FLEE and HIT by 20% for 15 seconds."

100 AGI = immune. <.<

Whats the point fo reducing flee if 100 agi = immunity? Rofl, what a fail skill.

Lol....

Edited by Dukeares, 20 July 2011 - 12:07 AM.

#137 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

I didn't have time to go through all of the 3/3 pages, but I would like to add that Bowling bash is still as buggy as it was since the release of beta. The skill don't always hit correctly and often knock back caster instead of knocking back the mobs. Also since IB requires so much pre-req skill points to get I would suggest making it slightly better if you guys are planning to nerf CS or DB.

#138 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

I've heard that the RK is receiving an HP nerf soon. The second one in less than a year for that matter... From what I've read/heard this is being done in order to lower damage from Dragon's Breath, right? So what I don't understand is, rather than lower the HP, why not just alter the DB formula? It would have the same effect, but without screewing with such an important stat.

Also, I would recommend that if DB is so OP, then make it have diminishing returns on HP above 65K HP. Then it won't be like an AoE gfist when Tao Gunka wearers use it.

And the developers need to keep in mind that not everyone has access to elite gear... Just because some people are able to become ridiculously over-powered doesn't mean everyone else is...

And that's part of the problem. I think that the top notch gear is too much better than normal gear. If anything in this game should be nerfed, it's the equipment, not the classes themselves... The equipment makes the difference between a normal class and a practical walking diety, and to me, that just ain't right... So please make gear matter less, and instea make build plus playing ability matter more... I guarantee you that doing that will be one of the best ways you can balance this game. Not every class should be able to one-shot or two-shot every other class.

If I could say something to the developers in Korea, it would be: Please stop destroying classes by taking away the qualities that helped make them fill a unique niche before. Please stop destroying the things that set classes apart from each other. Stop trying to make all the classes more similar, with everyone being an unstoppable killing machine. Instead, put them back to how they used to be, where each class filled a unique niche.

Lower the damage output of all classes across the board, but at the same time, lower monster HP and raise their exp a little. This will keep exp flowing in at the same rate as before, even though monsters will die a bit more slowly. At the same time, this will lower the amount of one-hit kill attacks and make WoE more balanced. Do more to encourage parties by having each class fill a special niche (such as healer, tanker, mobber, killer, sp restorer, one-hit heavy damage dealer for bosses/MVPs, and so on, etc.)

Edited by Dreimdal, 01 November 2011 - 10:53 PM.

#139 joytilak

joytilak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

ASPD nerf, CS nerf, Rune duration nerf and now Hp nerf too?? 10k?? This is really sad..

Edited by joytilak, 31 July 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#140 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

ASPD nerf, CS nerf, Rune duration nerf and now Hp nerf too?? 10k?? This is really sad..

Yeah. The RG is already the more powerful branch of the swordy tree. So now they'll make the imbalance between the two even greater? I don't know what the heck they're thinking over in Korea...

If the other third classes were also getting their hit points nerfed by the same percentage, then I'd at least consider continuing to play an RK. However, from what I understand, RK is the only one will take such a stat beating. If true, then it seems highly unfair to make a big dent in a single class's max HP (what is it, -15 or -20% to HP, or something like that?) while not reducing the other third classes by that same percentage.

Edited by Dreimdal, 01 November 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#141 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

im waiting for the last update where the rune pertz damage its halfed XD

Edited by Mefistofeles, 19 August 2011 - 08:55 PM.

#142 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

I started playing this game almost a decade ago. Always loved the AGI 2h knight build, even if it generally sucked in PVP (Spear non-AGI knights usually have the advantage 1vs1). But ever since the skills started coming out and the feedbacks started coming in about Rune Knights I just didn't feel like continuing.

The ASPD nerf... The HP nerf... The fact that Gravity first announced RKs as a more offensive oriented class which improve on their use of two handed swords... when that is hardly the result.

I personally wouldn't mind having DB or CS reasonably nerfed, ONLY IF our other skills become more useful on one way or another. So instead of one or two OP skills we have a generally useful set of skills. It's called balance.... I wonder if the folks at Gravity understand what that is.

In summary I think they should:

-Tone down the so-called OP skills (namely CS and DB) so that they are less likely to one/two-hit-KO. This may be done by replacing CS with another Knight skill in GLOOMY SHYNESS and reworking the DB formula, or by other means.
-Completely rework Hundred Spear
-Increase Fear effectiveness to those skills associated
-Improve 2H effectiveness (like how it was originally intended)

And if they're really going to nerf HP again, at least give our 2H ASPD back. It's not gonna OHKO anyone.

This should reduce the OP factor but still make RK enjoyable to play.

I liked the Hundred Spear suggestions a few pages back... and here's my suggestion:

HUNDRED SPEAR
-Spear only
-Requires 140 SP at level 1, 40 SP at level 10
-1 sec cast time
-10 hits in quick succession
-Each hit corresponds to the effects of player's JOINT BEAT level up until JOINT BEAT level 5 (so that's 100% attack, 30% status infliction per hit)
-Increasing the skill level of HUNDRED SPEAR will 1) Add ASPD bonus to each hit. 2) Reduce SP consumption from 140 to 40.

*Power is still mediocre (total 1000% with level 5+ JOINT BEAT), but JOINT BEAT status infliction will be the selling point of this skill which differentiates it from CS.
*The extra requirement of JOINT BEAT for best results is a reasonable trade-off.
*No retarded Spear Boomerang popping up randomly. Why would you throw your weapon in close range? Slipped out of your hand?

Mind you, I've only just started playing this server yesterday, with my swordie currently at level 25. Never played as RK before... these suggestions are based on what I've read and understood. Experience clearly lacking.

If they don't fix the balance in this game (not only talking about RKs, but equips and general OP issues) I might never bother playing as one.

#143 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

I started playing this game almost a decade ago. Always loved the AGI 2h knight build, even if it generally sucked in PVP (Spear non-AGI knights usually have the advantage 1vs1). But ever since the skills started coming out and the feedbacks started coming in about Rune Knights I just didn't feel like continuing.

The ASPD nerf... The HP nerf... The fact that Gravity first announced RKs as a more offensive oriented class which improve on their use of two handed swords... when that is hardly the result.

I personally wouldn't mind having DB or CS reasonably nerfed, ONLY IF our other skills become more useful on one way or another. So instead of one or two OP skills we have a generally useful set of skills. It's called balance.... I wonder if the folks at Gravity understand what that is.

In summary I think they should:

This should reduce the OP factor but still make RK enjoyable to play.

I liked the Hundred Spear suggestions a few pages back... and here's my suggestion:

Mind you, I've only just started playing this server yesterday, with my swordie currently at level 25. Never played as RK before... these suggestions are based on what I've read and understood. Experience clearly lacking.

If they don't fix the balance in this game (not only talking about RKs, but equips and general OP issues) I might never bother playing as one.

2 op skills???? wich ones? storm blast its getting halfed the damage to!!!!!!!!!!!! XD I NEED THAT PATCH!!!!!

#144 joytilak

joytilak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

Now Storm Blast dmg reduced to half? WtF? Seems like some rune knight slept with the game designer's girl friend..

#145 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

Now Storm Blast dmg reduced to half? WtF? Seems like some rune knight slept with the game designer's girl friend..

actually kro posted the patch notes today, i waiting to dodler to see a pro traslation, becouse that info that i posted was from old info(like a month) BUT yes, the pertz rune gets reduced the damage

#146 joytilak

joytilak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

Main Server
- Spiral pierce damage formula is changed.
- 3rd job skill balance from the long term Sakray test is applied to main servers. It may be an inconvenience, but the purpose of the update is to improve lesser used skills and to balance excessively strong ones. Please familiarize yourself with the skill balance changes.

Skill Balancing Changes

The following skill balance changes are changes being applied to main servers from the previous Sakray test session.

---Rune Knight

-Enchant Blade
Changed from single target to self targeted.
Increased damage formula is changed.

-Hundred Spear
Casting time is changed.
Damage formula is changed.

-Ignition Break
Damage formula is changed.

--Rune Stone Items
-Verkana Runestone
Duration is changed (300s -> 180s).
-Raido Runestone
Using the rune stone will enchant your weapon. On your next physical melee attack, you will auto-cast Crush Strike, and then the effect will be removed.
-Noseige Runestone
When used, it recovers and protects against status effects for 60 seconds.
HP recovered when using the runestone is 25%.
The debuffs removed are as follows:
Stun, Blind, Curse, Stone, Poison, Sleep, Silence, Bleeding, Chaos, Frozen, Deep Sleep, Burning, Freeze (Frost Mist), Diamond Dust
All guillotine Cross poisons
Marsh of Abyss (Warlock Skill)
Howling of Mandragora (Genetic Skill)
-Turisus Runsestone
Duration has changed.
-Hagalaz Runestone
For the duration of the skill, the physical and magic defense increase is affected by JobLv and Rune Mastery Level.
Duration has changed.
-Isia Runestone
Duration has changed.
-Aesir Runestone
Duration has changed (300s -> 180s).
-Pertz Runestone
Storm blast damage formula changed.

Storm Blast damage =2500%

Edited by joytilak, 31 August 2011 - 09:24 PM.

#147 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

Does anybody know Wind Cutter's AoE? I know the skill is garbage, but it just confuses me when I mess around with it and... sometimes it hits like a 3x3 around me, sometimes a 3x3 around the enemy, often hits nothing, sometimes hits just one enemy, sometimes it hits enemies on only one side of me... what is going on? ._.

#148 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

Does anybody know Wind Cutter's AoE? I know the skill is garbage, but it just confuses me when I mess around with it and... sometimes it hits like a 3x3 around me, sometimes a 3x3 around the enemy, often hits nothing, sometimes hits just one enemy, sometimes it hits enemies on only one side of me... what is going on? ._.

"working as ________" fill out the answer!

#149 TheMarX

TheMarX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

I don't often chime in on stuff like this because I'm not too savvy about damage formulas and balances etc. but figured I could put my 2cent on this one considering I have been playing this class as my main since the first time i started up RO in 2004. When I first started the class I really only started it because I liked the way the Swordsman class sprite looked and went from there-- but I learned quickly that my class was not the strongest, by far. I started playing along side one of my friends and he chose to take the alternate route of Swordsman and made a Crusader, needless to say we never compared... through our many bouts against each other I could never win, hell I found it almost impossible to even stay alive in PVP situations since Knights didn't have much compared to the other classes.

I killed myself in 99ing my Knight and when I reached LK Pre-Renewal, I thought 'THIS IS IT!!! IMA FINALLY BE PWNING!!' but to my dismay still didn't feel I had become much better, while I watched the other trans classes sporting all their fancy new moves like EDP, Acid Bomb, Assumptio etc, I was stuck still Piercing monsters to death with jus a couple extra buffs (Spear Dynamo/Aura Blade) and only using them occasionally because I had such puny sp I couldn't even keep them up most of the time, and through my time playing my LK the most fun I really had with the class was getting 190ASPD and going to Byalan hunting for Marc cards, but nothing too amazing.

Yet again I felt as though I was playing a second rate character, and started becoming discouraged that I had really spent so much time and effort growing my Knight and trying to make the class as good as I could (within my means) only to find that it was never enough, I couldn't WoE very well, regular PVP ended with me squished on the floor, and I couldn't MVP (or even tank MVPs) :/ ...but I could hold out knowing that the new class Rune Knight was on the way, and I felt that this new class would be what changed the tides.

Now, I main an RK and I really enjoy playing it now in Renewal, CS got a nice boost/my HP was amazing/and now a badass new sprite lolz-- but I still don't feel as though they are really that great, I mean we all know that all 3rd classes are pretty good in their own right but my main issue is jus the fact that I really didn't get very many more skills, and most of them are CRAP! Honestly since I change into RK I only got Dragon Riding and Dragon Breath without much care to alot any more skill points into anything else b/c I know they are useless.

IMO I feel as though there should be viable builds for any given skill so that although for someone Wind Cutter is rather useless b/c they have a build geared to boost Hundred Spear to its peak, someone elses Wind Cutter damage could be jus as crippling if built correctly. I hate the fact that even now as a Rune Knight, I am really jus a semi glorified LK b/c I still have to rely on Clashing Spiral for some leveling I do... I just wish Rune Knights had more to offer, if they did~ I'd say that there would be far less for people to be q.qing about the CS balance changes.

#150 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:25 PM

if you honestly think that then youre not playing the right class. i just want you to take a step back and realize what class youre playing. the class name is rune knight. RUNE knight. use the damn runes and experience just how good rks really are. an hp nerf and the uselessness of one rune isnt gonna destroy the class. DB is still gonna be really good and rks are still gonna be able to survive just about everything under the sun. rks (after the hp nerf) are probably the most balanced class in renewal (without god items ofc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users