Shadow Chaser - Page 4 - Specific Renewal Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Chaser

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#76 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

The only thing I see wrong about this class is manhole, it should not be cast under the target. That's all, this skill is kinda annoying in woe.

You can't cast it underneath people. You can cast it directly next to people though, and they get pulled into the AoE.

#77 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:21 PM

I would like nothing to be changed about it. Whatever kRO wants it to be im fine with. If THEY nerf/balance it themselves, No problem.

That's like basically saying that the ENTIRE Renewal is fine because that's how kRO designed it to be. Obviously, there are a lot of complaints coming from iRO, jRO, even kRO, and all the other ROs.

#78 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:25 AM

You can't cast it underneath people. You can cast it directly next to people though, and they get pulled into the AoE.

That's still the same, cause you can cast another next to the target when the first one runs out and it's kinda lame. I would suggest to cast it 2 cells away from the target or so.

#79 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

That's still the same, cause you can cast another next to the target when the first one runs out and it's kinda lame. I would suggest to cast it 2 cells away from the target or so.

Yet its perfectly fine to lock something from 9 cells away, with instant cast, using a trans character, by clicking directly on the target.
100% accuracy 9 cell range, instant cast.

#80 yoon

yoon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

Yet its perfectly fine to lock something from 9 cells away, with instant cast, using a trans character, by clicking directly on the target.
100% accuracy 9 cell range, instant cast.

+1

#81 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

I agree with whatever kRO decides.
I don't think it's a bad idea, but there was never an npc to give Stalkers flying kick back when they lost it.
I hardly ever lost it, but a lucky tarot card would happen occasionally. To be super efficient you pretty much needed your own personal linker and flying kick slave.
What does the Dragon/Gryphon provide you other than movement/attack speed? I'm not too savvy with the new RG/RK skills.

• Spears are only 100% damage against demi humans when on a mount.
  • A mount gives you 1000 more weight, when masq'd you have a chance of being 90% Over weight, making you COMPLETELY useless

#82 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

Speaking of getting skills back... I'd love to see an NPC who could give Rogues/Stalker/Shadow Chasers Intimidate based skills.

It's just so hard to find anyone who's willing to give me a skill. They just kill me or give me the wrong skill entirely.

#83 famiong

famiong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:16 AM

I am concern about SC intentionally causing grievance to other players; especially on PVM maps/Towns/Outside WOE castles.

Propose to disable the following skills in all non-WOE maps following the lead of jRO (Oct 26, 2010)

Chaos Panic
Shadow Form
Strip Accessory
Manhole

#84 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:49 AM

Shadow Form, Manhole and Chaos Panic have legitimate uses in PVM, if they were blocked out, I'd only hope to make it so other players can't get effected, while monsters can.

So, basically, disable the ability on players unless it's PVP/WoE, just like every other skill that isn't a buff.

#85 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:01 AM

Shadow Form, Manhole and Chaos Panic have legitimate uses in PVM, if they were blocked out, I'd only hope to make it so other players can't get effected, while monsters can.

So, basically, disable the ability on players unless it's PVP/WoE, just like every other skill that isn't a buff.

The thing is, we'd need to get kRO to fix those skills to make it so that they don't affect players outside WoE/PvP maps. Until then, the best we can do (just as what jRO can do) is to disable those skills.

#86 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

We had already proposed to get the skills to not affect non-party members in PVM when we were still in testing.

Currently new issues that have been brought up are the SF on Barricades/Emperium making it problematic to kill them.
Ideally mounts would return when Gloomy Masc expires, but more realistically an NPC remounting person is something we can do in the short term.

Manhole is a bit touchy though, as its purpose really is for PVP, and while it is a boring time for the disabled person it does take up much of the Stalkers option.

#87 yoon

yoon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

+1

Manhole/Chaos Panic has a huge benefit in PVM btw

Edited by yoon, 08 November 2010 - 12:39 PM.

#88 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

Ideally mounts would return when Gloomy Masc expires, but more realistically an NPC remounting person is something we can do in the short term.

Hm. I disagree. Having a mount stripped should not return when the skill expires. My reasoning is similar to that the mount strip is like that of a weapon break, "it is gone until you go get it fixed". Having a NPC fix it is a touchy issue, although I think it should be fine if it were on the defending-our-castle-kafra option list.

Broken gear stays broken, disowned pets should stay disowned. Having them 'mystically return' severely weakens the skill, and it serves no use compared to casting Masq-Ignorance on them at that point.

Edited by Kokotewa, 08 November 2010 - 01:40 PM.

#89 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

The skill "Gank" probably needs to be disabled on all F2P servers. They are too beavily abused by professional bot farms.

#90 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

Kokotewa: That would be true if it broke the pet, but it is a "strip" not a break. There are skills that allow the unbreaking of items, or you can swap out; you can't swap out a pet or talk to a beast master character to resummon your pet, unlike equipment and smiths.

It is a timer based which means it is a strip, which is largely unavoidable at this point unlike nearly all other big "inhibit character" debuffs.

#91 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

We had already proposed to get the skills to not affect non-party members in PVM when we were still in testing.

Currently new issues that have been brought up are the SF on Barricades/Emperium making it problematic to kill them.

Manhole is a bit touchy though, as its purpose really is for PVP, and while it is a boring time for the disabled person it does take up much of the Stalkers option.

The issue with Manhole isn't that it's "boring" for the person in manhole. It's the fact that you can place manholes directly next to each other to keep specific people trapped indefinitely unless they log out or use a bwing. I still believe my suggestion is the most logical fix to Manhole that does not diminish it's usefulness and prevents the abuse from previous WoEs.

#92 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

Kokotewa: That would be true if it broke the pet, but it is a "strip" not a break. There are skills that allow the unbreaking of items, or you can swap out; you can't swap out a pet or talk to a beast master character to resummon your pet, unlike equipment and smiths.

It is a timer based which means it is a strip, which is largely unavoidable at this point unlike nearly all other big "inhibit character" debuffs.

While this is true, it still nerfs the skill to the point where I would never cast it over ignorance. TCoF's Coma and High Priest are also unavoidable, for direct comparison.

For further counterpoint. Removing a pet takes the RK dragon-breath spam out of the fight. He is still a very viable and powerful character (spiral, runes, etc). It does not "neuter to the point of bwing" like full divest or a weapon break would. It is not as strong as other 'inhibit character' debuffs.

Edited by Kokotewa, 08 November 2010 - 04:22 PM.

#93 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

Can't you just edit the Gloomy debuff to class check for their mount and give it to them if they had one before? Like a special Gloomy Counter switch. I can imagine how to do it in my head right now.

#94 famiong

famiong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:53 AM

Why is Masquerade (Ignorance) working against boss and MVP? It mutes the MVP, preventing it from using skills.

There is a report that Fatal Menance works on boss and MVP? It allows MVPs to be snatched.

#95 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:05 AM

I'd like to see reduced SP cost on Sightless Mind, despite this being for Shadow Chasers. =P

#96 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

3) Dimension door being useless. (no clue how they would balance this out)

It would be cool if it worked like this:
Put down a dimension door portal, go to some other corner of the map, put down the second DD portal, after which they activate and send you from one to the other if you step on them. :D

I still wonder why 2 skills that don't do anything at all are required as preskills for Manhole...

Triangle Shot is a joke. The skill you need to get for it, is better in every way LOL
It would really need to be an extremely amazing skill for anyone to even consider getting vultures eye and DS, since there is barely any choice in the stalker skilltree.
And even then, it would need to be so unique that chasers would actually get it instead of simply copying it, but this is a tough one...

Then there's the bugs that need fixing like sp drain after interupted invisibility, manholes placeable next to another, shadow formation on barricades, fatal menace not snatching monsters to same location, and I think there was an issue when the chaser wasnt standing in the maelstrom?

Edited by Charon, 10 November 2010 - 02:54 PM.

#97 Spinzaku

Spinzaku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

I like that the option was added to the WoE NPCs. :D

now just make it so FCP blocks masq weakness strip. there's no need to disable those skills COMPLETELY in pvm settings, just code it so it doesn't work on players.

#98 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

Oh and talking about Stalker, this won't change a thing but eh, I never understood why a Stalker couldn't copy other trans skills with Intimidate. Then they'd be on par with the other trans classes (I mean cmon, all they got is Preserve which is more like something youd expect as rogue quest skill; all divests in one; a stalk thats rarely preferable to the old one and counter instinct to kill ninjas I guess :/ ). And before anyone shouts OP, think about it, most trans skills require stuff like wearing spears and having a cart to work anyway... so whats left useful would really only be a few skills to give stalkers something to kill with too in those times:
-Soul Destroyer
-FAS, if it wasnt nerfed to hell with that ugly fixed cast
-Acid Bomb
btw I know my wishing is pointless about this lol

now just make it so FCP blocks masq weakness strip.

Wouldn't they have done that 2 years ago if exactly that wasn't the intention?

Edited by Charon, 10 November 2010 - 02:58 PM.

#99 sgvince

sgvince

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:52 AM

how about deadly infect? this really makes guillotine crosses useless since shadow chasers utilize their poisons better. its like flying kick > deadly infect to transfer magic mushroom > go outside and get antidoted from a guildy GX. there are quite alot of high level SCs now that can utilize this skill while there are so many low level GXes that they dont matter in woe at all.

#100 Poko4Sho

Poko4Sho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:52 AM

Trap, in the end its a 2 against one fight. You got double teamed to death, isn't much different than getting kill by a GX well a priest Lex you. Your argument is flawed.

Double team is one thing, another is when they can just walk into anything they want and kill you. "Oh, some guys are fighting over here? I'll just walk into Dragon Breath. See ya."

You get killed by GX? Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users