Shadow Chaser - Page 7 - Specific Renewal Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Chaser

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#151 Bomm

Bomm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:19 AM

you can't use sp items while in shadow form. Best bet to kill a shadow form chaser is to masq-ignorance him, and then kill.

#152 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

you can't use sp items while in shadow form. Best bet to kill a shadow form chaser is to masq-ignorance him, and then kill.

didn't say you could :)

#153 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

hi2ualicecardedshield. 7 hits is more then enough to kill a crit gx that prob has little vit.

oh and everyone uses sp items lol

It's called using mastellas?

#154 Genki

Genki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

S'up, I did not know FCP can't protect you from the Weapon and Shield strip from Masquerade-Weakness.

Masquerade-Weakness - Decreases the target's Max HP by 10%, 20%, 30%. Strips the target of their Weapon & Shield for the skill's duration.

That kinda blows. Is there any resistance to this skill that anyone wants to share...? =[

Posted Image

#155 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

It's called using mastellas?

why would you buy mastela's? like, srsly.

but hey, if you think you can outpot a decent edp crit gx at decent aspd with a royal on, good job.

srsly, what's with all these people making posts about things they probably know nothing about.

#156 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:18 AM

srsly, what's with all these people making posts about things they probably know nothing about.

I honestly have no idea. I, like you, am also annoyed by the "hey my guild woes too and we get destroyed by XXX!" "RO is a community game, and we think it should be balanced over community input [most of which don't even participate in woe, and then complain when they can't get free castles] rather than what the high tier guilds consider balance [people who actually give a damn]"

...yeah

Edited by Kokotewa, 19 December 2010 - 05:19 AM.

#157 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

Make Ignorance work in Endless please, I have chaser too and it loses its best skill for dealing with MvPs in the place full of them which makes me nothing more than leech in there do to fact chasers do not have a high comparable attack skill on par with most other classes without issues caused. Also lower the cost of sp needed to cast it, 300 sp on a 1000-1800 max sp chaser is vicious to the extreme given the relativley low sucess rate being takes me 3-5 attempts do actually have work thats my entire sp pool gone when the duration of the skill is so small which is stupid imho.

Manhole I agree shouldn't be placeable next to each other I have too fallen for being trapped for very very long time popping out one hole into next and back again over and over only to pop out when they get bored (this is in WoE which means have to bwing etc basically) so adding a distance between each trap I'm fine with even though I use manhole too I'd find that acceptable as I just use it to drop as I run to get persuers off my back or use on one person if have two on me so I can fight other one without being ganged up on.

With SF I think the skill is fine as it is and there is no need to make any changes on that at all, it makes your character very limited as cannot use skills or items that in itself is the only nerf as it were that it would ever need, if you attack an SC in SF thats your own fualt it's not like he or she can attack you while in it so taking pot shots at one in it your the only one to blame, think before act springs to mind. With RKs spamming one shot sometimes two shot skills with no timer (same with EDP GX) I think putting timer on SF would be retarded whats point of making it so your dead before can even have slightest chance of using, so keep it as it is especially since if your on a peco just run out of range it turns off SF. If you set up dozens of traps on portal areas and then stupid enough to have a character on the side of traps where people come from its their fault if get SF'd and chaser walks through traps.

Other than that the chaser only needs one more major fix imho which is increase the timer for how long preserve keeps a skill say to 30 minutes or better yet an hour it wont do any harm to iRO or anyone else by increasing the time lasts.

My only other gripe about the class is I would like more skills to copy lol for example Trans skills would be truly lush though I'm 99.99% sure will never happen which seems odd to me..

PS. I hate when people come into another classes feedback and ask for nerfs for it then go back to theirs and ask for buffs please for the love of god stay away from here if thats your purpose.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 10 January 2011 - 09:17 AM.

#158 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

Manhole really shouldn't be able to be used on an already Manholed character. At least give them a second or two to fight back. x_o

#159 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

I'd say there shouldn't be more than 1 Manhole available at a time. That or make it so Manhole cannot be cast within 3 cells of a player (the current radius of manhole). Considering they cannot cast directly on a player (rather must cast it next to them to work immediately) it is clear the skill was meant to be used as a trap but was implemented incorrectly.

EDIT - New point: Shadowform needs a longer cast time. At least that, if not longer, than that of Sacrifice considering it is the offensive form of the skill. Currently you can remove SF and it can be so recasted faster than most skills; it is one of the fastest cast times in game.

Edited by Nombus, 30 January 2011 - 07:15 AM.

#160 Lunalia

Lunalia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

I know people complain about manhole being used in pvm maps, but I've seen it used defensively to save players from aggressive mobs, and I really think that's pretty smart way of using it <_<

#161 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

That or make it so Manhole cannot be cast within 3 cells of a player (the current radius of manhole). Considering they cannot cast directly on a player (rather must cast it next to them to work immediately) it is clear the skill was meant to be used as a trap but was implemented incorrectly.

I don't mind this suggestion even though I have a chaser.

EDIT - New point: Shadowform needs a longer cast time. At least that, if not longer, than that of Sacrifice considering it is the offensive form of the skill. Currently you can remove SF and it can be so recasted faster than most skills; it is one of the fastest cast times in game.

I REALLY object to this suggestion however, given that it mainly is used by most of us Chasers to aviod being killed by almost instant cast Suras one shotting us, it has to be faster than the Suras GoH or Gfist. Keep shadowform exactly how it is right now, no nerfs as people have always said me included you can wing out of manhole and apparently use items inside it to heal any damage you take so combination of shadow form plus manhole isn't an issue... If they resolve the fact of can keep someone manholed 24/7 (unless they wing out or someone kills the Chaser) which is possible, given the Chasers SP is being drained by the shadow form skill until zero anyways and it can be debuffed some have said.

I think anyone whos dumb enough to attack a Chaser while he or she is shadow forms only has themselves to blame and they should think before they act. Especially given the Chaser cannot attack back or use any skills while in that form.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 03 February 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#162 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

MANHOLE ITS ENOUGH, I WAS KILLING A MVP LIKE 1 HOUR OF HUNT, THEN WHEN I KILLED HIM A SHADOW CHASER APEARED AND MANHOLED ME AND STEAL MY OCA, USERS USE BLOCK MAYUS UNTIL WE HAVE A GMS ANSWER TO ANY RENEWAL FEEDBACK, MANHOLE NEEDS NERF, REALLY NEEDS! AT LEAST IT MUST BE 2 OR 3 CELLS OF RANGE, SHADOW FORMATION IS OK LIKE IT IS

Edited by Mefistofeles, 03 February 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#163 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

Targets in White Imprison should not be able to be stripped.

#164 Inception

Inception

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

lol this retarded class still not nerfed yet!? serioulsy manhole needs to be fixed, and this class shouldn't be able to use traps!!! lmao

#165 AnimeHeart

AnimeHeart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

I think Shadow Chaser is awesome!!!

#166 AnimeHeart

AnimeHeart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

all the other classes have been nerfed except this one

#167 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

I REALLY object to this suggestion however, given that it mainly is used by most of us Chasers to aviod being killed by almost instant cast Suras one shotting us, it has to be faster than the Suras GoH or Gfist. Keep shadowform exactly how it is right now, no nerfs as people have always said me included you can wing out of manhole and apparently use items inside it to heal any damage you take so combination of shadow form plus manhole isn't an issue... If they resolve the fact of can keep someone manholed 24/7 (unless they wing out or someone kills the Chaser) which is possible, given the Chasers SP is being drained by the shadow form skill until zero anyways and it can be debuffed some have said.I think anyone whos dumb enough to attack a Chaser while he or she is shadow forms only has themselves to blame and they should think before they act. Especially given the Chaser cannot attack back or use any skills while in that form.

I'm not asking that they get a ridiculous cast time, but at least enough that a person could spell break them or interrupt. It really is so fast that people doing 180+ aspd will find themselves unable to keep them from using it. I would think something on par with Dragon's Breath's cast time would be reasonable, fast but interuptable.

There is only one class in game that can remove their sp entirely and the delay for recasting is only so long as it takes to use a sp recovery item. Thus there is only one class that can remove SF in a way that actually has a delay (taking the time it requires to press one button... hardly worth using) in which they can be killed. That's not reasonable, as everyone has to stop attacking (precasts and all) whenever SF is active. Yes you can disable him with sleep/frozen/etc... , but again that requires everyone to stop attacking a certain area, a ridiculous request in a WoE environment, and to make sure the next hit 1HKOs or he'll just begin again.

I've Pvped Chasers who have been able to SF me in the middle of a Psychic Wave. It is too fast! I stand by the fact that an aspd character like GX/Ranger should be able to keep SF down so long as they have reasonable aspd.

#168 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

I'm not asking that they get a ridiculous cast time, but at least enough that a person could spell break them or interrupt. It really is so fast that people doing 180+ aspd will find themselves unable to keep them from using it. I would think something on par with Dragon's Breath's cast time would be reasonable, fast but interuptable.

There is only one class in game that can remove their sp entirely and the delay for recasting is only so long as it takes to use a sp recovery item. Thus there is only one class that can remove SF in a way that actually has a delay (taking the time it requires to press one button... hardly worth using) in which they can be killed. That's not reasonable, as everyone has to stop attacking (precasts and all) whenever SF is active. Yes you can disable him with sleep/frozen/etc... , but again that requires everyone to stop attacking a certain area, a ridiculous request in a WoE environment, and to make sure the next hit 1HKOs or he'll just begin again.

I've Pvped Chasers who have been able to SF me in the middle of a Psychic Wave. It is too fast! I stand by the fact that an aspd character like GX/Ranger should be able to keep SF down so long as they have reasonable aspd.

shadow form its not a big deal.... just hide or arrullo him and walk away, it cost a looooooooot of sp, during shadow form he cant use items, the big deal here is MANHOLE, it needs a balance, a cool down to recast it, and it shouldnt work as a trap, it makes imposible to reach the emperium when they are 20 holes at same time by just a few shadow chasers.

#169 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

Shadow Form is amusing. I love stunning / Gloria Domini'ing Shadow Chasers that form me and then killing them. :angry:

#170 Kaelum

Kaelum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

Manhole is seriously abused. In WoE, if you can't kill someone, you should run, not sit there and spam man hole on them. The fact that you can cast more than 1 man hole right next to a previously casted manhole is ridiculous. I had screen shots of a SC keeping me in manhole for over 5 minutes while he slowly broke the emp.

Edited by Kaelum, 29 March 2011 - 10:07 AM.

#171 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

Bwing.

#172 DeadlySinner

DeadlySinner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:25 AM

There are so many ways to counter Shadow Chasers that people who complain honestly need to learn2play

#173 Kaelum

Kaelum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

There are so many ways to counter Shadow Chasers that people who complain honestly need to learn2play

Name one way to counter Manhole that doesn't involve a b-wing. The fact that the only way to get away from a man hole abusing SC is to B-wing is beyond stupid. Other than That SC are pretty well balanced IMO.

#174 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

Name one way to counter Manhole that doesn't involve a b-wing. The fact that the only way to get away from a man hole abusing SC is to B-wing is beyond stupid. Other than That SC are pretty well balanced IMO.

Magnetic Earth.

#175 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

Have two or more friends. Good luck with that one tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users