LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:36 PM

That is untrue. If you make a build with only the core prereqs then you skill damage will be laughable. The reason that you are under the impression that RG are so overpowered stems purely from the fact that you don't really understand how to make one. Making a RG with spear mastery one and zero levels of spear quicken is a terrible idea. I played fair and took into consideration of Genetics summon Flora to max their Hell Plant damage, yet you so obviously choose to ignore Spear Quickens relevance to Overbrand under the same situation.

The build that you offer up is a joke build to try and prove a point which is severely stretching the limits. Congrats you managed to make one of the most asinine builds that has zero leveling skills whatsoever. Level 1 BC? Really? That's like saying getting level 1 Vanishing Point makes you a "decent" Royal Guard. If you take that build to anyone that knows how to make a valid RG they will laugh in your face. With your build you can't mob kill, can't ctrl click kill (efficiently), or anything else for that matter. Sacrifice is your only prayer in leveling and with a dead party system, your build is doomed. Builds should not be based around spamming neuralizers.

Edited by LordVader, 28 November 2010 - 08:42 PM.

#77 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:22 PM

Making a RG with spear mastery one and zero levels of spear quicken is a terrible idea.

This probably belongs into a section for beginning Royal Guards, but whatever:

Spear Quicken 10 adds about 13% to the first wave of Overbrand 10, you lose about 11% of the first wave's damage output with Spear Quicken 0 and Overbrand 10 while the second wave is completely unaffected by Spear Quicken. In other words: No, Spear Quicken is not a must-have for leveling up with Overbrand, it increases the damage output, but if you decide to get Spear Mastery 10 and Spear Quicken, then you can't get other Paladin/Royal Guard skills, it's your choice if you want to invest that, no one forces you to spend 19 Paladin skill points for just that.

If your guild can't coat you the whole WoE, then BC 1 is a smart choice. If you want to give BC to your guild, then get BC 10 if you have the skill points, if you don't have the skill points, then don't get BC 10 and don't give BC to your guild, either works depending on your skill build. I could easily get BC 10 too if I planned to offer BC to my guild, but -surprise- I chose a build without BC 10, feel free to get BC 10, it's still possible.

Royal Guards can still level up with Reflect Damage, so I don't even know why you're talking about leveling up with Sacrifice or control clicking; my build is not the topic here, the topic is what people think should be changed (bugs, imbalances), I merely show you that all you do is asking Gravity to change Royal Guards into your dream build only because you're unable to adapt.

#78 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

LOL how will you even get to RG? dude stop it. You are honestly in the wrong section.

Clearly SQ only benefit is OB damage. /swt (sarcasm) Nonetheless, my point still stands that in comparison to maximize your damage like other classes it's a significantly higher prereq.

To teach you everything you need to learn about RG I would have to rewrite the whole of the RG compilation from iro Wiki to here. I don't know what's your fascination with following and trolling me but it's getting old dude. I can adapt just fine, so please refrain from your childish insults. This sections is meant for constructive feedback from players. Not the anti-feedback you provide. Have you made a post without it being a reply to someone else's? Ok I thought so.

Coming into this thread for feedback to add "if you don't like it too bad." Is not helpful in the least. I'm not trying to make a "dream" build, but a build that makes the results of me going 70 trans evident in the skills that I am able to use without handicapping my build so terribly as you did to (unsuccessfully) prove a point.

Edited by LordVader, 28 November 2010 - 10:20 PM.

#79 Skank

Skank

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

itt people who want to buff royal guards who will be extremely sad when they get nerfed (and they will)

#80 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

They already have been, and I was sad then. Anyone that has a class they main to get nerf will be sad, atleast in majority of the cases. I don't see how that's relevant feedback at all.

#81 JStarbux

JStarbux

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

Regarding: "Grand Cross's Magic attack portion will miss on Ghost monsters even if it is supposed to be holy." I'm noticing a lot of strangeness around this:
--> GC doesn't do any damage to a whisper or marionette but it somehow damages a nightmare?

Seems like its hit or miss but definitely a major bug with GC on the ghost property.

This seems like a defect to me that needs to be changed, please don't over look its importance to crusaders/pallys using GC. A holy property atk/matk that doesn't damage most ghost monsters is not logical and isn't serving any meaning to the game.

P.S. There are only about 3 posts in this forum worth reading so far. Lets actually focus on the bugs and style rather then giving Gravity a headache to read through your arguments.

#82 Genki

Genki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

S'up, I know this has been said to death on the first page but,(as a constant reminder) please please PLEASE make the Reflect Shield icon display when it's on. All the guess work and timing is really putting a strain on us. Especially it still being in effect after revival.

Posted Image

It'd make every RG player's playing days delightfully colorful. :P

Edited by Genki, 05 December 2010 - 04:35 PM.

#83 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image

#84 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

dont even need high str to do enough damage to 2 shot dragons. I did it fine with 60 str.

60 STR? 2 shots with Overbrand? Cool :D

#85 Jatzu

Jatzu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:33 AM

I seem to remember a similar amount of flak being thrown at Genetics when they got Acid Bomb. Except RG's arent nearly as broken as that and people still complain. I get people want them to be the epitome of defense but what good is defense if you cant DEFEND yourself. Most of the RG skills that are "overpowered" are only good in certain situations for example.

Overbrand is good for lvling but it forces you to use a phen clip and is useless against moving targets in WoE and PvP who know how the skill works.
Pinpoint attack is Hight Damage but has a lengthy cooldown and requires you to invest in agi to raise damage which isnt usually a high priority for most Crusader builds in the past.
Ray of Genesis requires you to either be in Inspiration ( so you have limited use of it ) or to stick with another RG at all times in banding which leads to mobility issues.
Inspiration doesn't last long and requires ALLOT of skill points limiting your offensive or defense skill pool.
Exceed Break is strong but its only one hit and unless you somehow get enough int and dex for instant cast ( nearly impossible ) you wont be reloading it underfire with its lengthy cast time.
Vanishing Point requires you to invest allot into it to be the overpowered version everyones talking about. You would need High Str, Dex, and Agi as well as Get Spear Quicken 10 ( which severely limits your defensive skill pool ).
Heph Lit is impossibly strong in large groups but you need large groups in banding to even cast it, It has large cooldown and a VERY short range not to mention the mobility issues you have to face when using banding.
Shield Press and Rapid Smite are broken when under gloomy..... then again so are Brandish and Clashing Spiral so I think thats more an issue with Gloomy then it is with the skills mentioned.

Royal Guards are stong but they are hardly replacing Knights role as a front line fighter. Most of there strong non banding skills can be interrupted and there defensive skills are really nothing new. There just more effective versions of the old skills.

Also one thing to Doddlers reflect and Kahi nerf. Id agree with it but they should also remove Kahi when sorc's use Indulge as well then. Sure it requires allot of set up but its the same idea in a different package. If that kind of mobbing ability is broken on an RG then its broken on a Sorc as well.

if there are things id like to see changed though it would be a change in formula to shield boomerang as its now a near useless attack skill with the changes to how cards effect attack power. Also it would be cool if defending aura worked on all ranged non magic ( like SD, and Acid Bomb ) skills but I doubt that would ever be implemented.

Edited by Jatzu, 09 December 2010 - 05:38 AM.

#86 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

Earth Drive is a great skill, but the chance of breaking shield is fairly high and can get quite annoying sometimes when you're in a dungeon or instance and lose your shield. A great fix to this would be to lower the chance drastically or just completely remove that effect.

i love how powerful they made some classes and yet people still complaning about how they dont have enough.

#87 Pattara

Pattara

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:04 AM

This class is broken.

too OP with godly and boss item.

#88 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

calm down on this character class before you forget about the classes that NEED improvements. 1st Mechanics. and then what ever else. you cant make a joke character and expect these old mastersmiths to be happy about it. then fix what ever else needs fixing.

#89 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

this class needs fixing the skill tree,10 vanishing point skills, spear quicken lvl requires 10 spear mastery?thats a lot of skill points.Reflect damage needs to be disabled in WOE like kRO

#90 Hiban

Hiban

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

Lets be honest, the Royal Guard class is really overpowered in so many ways. The class really is broken.

-on a side note: If you can't beat them....Join them! I really do hope they do not get a nerf just yet. Please wait until I get my Royal Guard to 150 :angry: (I just turned not too long ago) Thank goodness for the ice titan event and kahi! I shall 150 before a "nerf" (:<

Edited by Hiban, 27 December 2010 - 08:28 PM.

#91 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

Add this damn skill icon to Reflect Damage before kittens die. D<

Posted Image

Edited by Ralis, 28 December 2010 - 12:17 AM.

#92 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

Please fix Exceed Break and weapon switching. Currently as it is, terribly broken one shot-a-thon. Also short range physical attacks do not cancel the skill as the description says it should.

#93 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

Please fix Exceed Break and weapon switching. Currently as it is, terribly broken one shot-a-thon. Also short range physical attacks do not cancel the skill as the description says it should.

No, not while I'm making a RG. wait till after i get him to 150 please. why are you talking about debuffing the character you play, it's almost as if your not a stubborn *ss troll who only wants to be the most powerful thing that walked the face of the WoE. why cant the rest of every one learn from this humble soul.

#94 Genki

Genki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Also short range physical attacks do not cancel the skill as the description says it should.

I'd like to point out that it's been confirmed to be a mistranslation. What its really trying to say is that the skill will cancel if you're interrupted while casting.

Oh and Posted Image =D

#95 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

I am surprised this wasn't mentioned but Sacrifice needs updated to work on people 15 levels from you instead of 10.

#96 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

I am surprised this wasn't mentioned but Sacrifice needs updated to work on people 15 levels from you instead of 10.

I suggest 20 levels with the HUGE lvl gaps present in the game. However, you are right. Sac needs to be updated to 15 at the least.

#97 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

The only reason for increasing the range for Sac to 15 levels is the modified share range which is - 15 levels.

#98 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

Dispel does not cancel Reflect Damage. Seems like there's something wrong there.

#99 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Yes please make sure suppose to be dispel-able buffs are dispel-able.
Sac does need to be adjusted.
+1 for unnerfing heal

#100 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Yes please make sure suppose to be dispel-able buffs are dispel-able.
Sac does need to be adjusted.
+1 for unnerfing heal

As far as I know, Reflect Damage (along with Banding and Inspiration) can't be dispeled on kRO either, so this seems more like an intended feature for whatever reasons. If it gets changed, that should happen on kRO first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users