GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

My entire point is I'd rather see the offensive skills nerfed rather than the defensive. I chose to play the class to be a tank, not a heavy hitter anyway.

Also, TK, your entire second big paragraph can be said for Suras as well. XD

Suras were always a problem. No need to argue over that.

#127 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:58 AM

RG branch weren't meant to be tanker+attackers all in one package in pre-renewal. Sadly, Renewal ruined this aspect. It's pretty retarded that a class can play both roles pretty effectively. Earth Drive = Ganb effect. DA reduces ranged attack damage, while still allowing you to use your skills at the cost of movement and aspd reduction? As well as having Shield Reflect and Reflect Damage on. Inspiration? Have you seen how TI84+ uses lv 1 BC to cancel out all negative statuses he receives before rushing someone again?

Oh no my friend, you must not have tried to choose skills on an RG to say you can be Offensive + Defensive easily. RG offensive skills are based on Two-Hand Quicken (Which requires Spear mastery, a full 20 points gone offensive from paladin), Spear Mastery, AGI (Which you can't use you tank) and Bash (For what it's worth).

That being said it is very difficult for an RG to get level 10 Guard + Inspiration (Due to pre-requisites from paladin skills) + Defending Aura level 5 + Spear mastery and quicken max + Rapid Smiting. You often have to give up Sac and some amount of Defending Aura or Rapid Smiting to get this combination and that is WITHOUT Cavalry Mastery of any level then you have the concern of stats, To be offensive + Defensive you would need 100 STR, 100 AGI, 100 VIT, 60~90 INT and 60~80 DEX or so and then you will not be an effective Tank OR Attacker (as it should be), but yes you can do both, but i firmly believe they did an excellent job on balancing RG so that you LITERALLY SEE the choices of Attack, Defend or Hybrid as you are planning your build.

If you really have not tried to plan an RG build i urge you to try it and you'll see exactly what i am taking about. Most RG's on Valk server are offensive and tey apear tough to kil as they are RG's but they have sacrificed something defensively for sure to make themselves killers.

Edited by Trini, 19 May 2011 - 04:01 AM.

#128 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:10 AM

Lets be honest, the Royal Guard class is really overpowered in so many ways. The class really is broken.

-on a side note: If you can't beat them....Join them! I really do hope they do not get a nerf just yet. Please wait until I get my Royal Guard to 150 <_< (I just turned not too long ago) Thank goodness for the ice titan event and kahi! I shall 150 before a "nerf" (:<

I guarantee you either take your words back when planning your build or you will make a fail build.

#129 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

Just a side note as i see the offensive RGs talking about useless skills. Piety and RoG are great for a Pure Tank.

Piety enables Holy Armor on anything for a reasonable cost and duration, just sad that i has cast time and is dispel-able, but i think that is balanced otherwise Angeling card would not be as desired.

RoG and Grand Cross are good for a Pure Tank as well because the main stats are:

VIT 100~120
INT 100~120
One of those stats would go to 120 and the other would go to 100 but it still means you have high INT, that being the case you just need a sword with Attack + MAttack like Elemental Sword or a sword with attack like Twin Edge of Naught Sieger (red or blue is fine) and you can do insane damage as RoG (and all offensive skills in renewal) Attack Damage is based more on weapon Atack than your own STR so even 60 STR or so is fine.

Note for Heim:- The only way for a Pure tank like this to level is:
1) if the penalty for Inspiration is 0.1% and not 1% as it is now i think and even then it is hard
2) if Earth Drive actually did Damage like Sever Rainstorm
3) Grand Cross with a lot of resources and Pro Equips in NI (I don't ave so pro equips but with long horn and less than 60 STR and 90+ INT I can do 11K Per hit in Nameless Island for a total of 33K+ per GC i suspect it's possible to get 45K damage per GC which is what you'd need to kill them in a manner to reasonably use resources and not head to inn every 5 minutes. If you go wit priest tis should help as well but priest cant heal fast enough to recover you tanking many mobs so some amount of pots will be used but you should be ale to last 15 to 20 minutes at least before going to town if you have a priest with you.
4) and finally the way that everyone complains about, but is starting to seem more balanced to me now, Reflect Damage. Maybe the Kaahi+Moonie Dagger is a problem cuz i really do find it odd that there are 20 monsters on me and my HP and SP bar are full and i can almost totally ignore th PC while in that mob: But maybe not as it is the best way for a pure tank to level at the moment and it requires so much to set up, and also it IS possible to die cuz sometimes you're in a big mob and all is well and then suddenly your HP drop to like 20% (one time i actually died). At least we can level with Reflect Damage + Pots we can take on smaller mobs to b able to pot the damage, maybe take a priest for some help, and still use our awesome pretty Reflect + Autocast to level. I was using pots at fist before i got moonlight dagger and Kaahi slaves.

That being said, it would be an excellent idea to get Necromancers giving more Exp as it is a great place for RG + Priest Party or RG+ RG party for RoG and it would actually be faster and more fun than reflect leveling. The more i play is the more i find renewal is more balanced than everyone says i think most of the imbalance is with the maps and exp/drop system not with actual character classes or skills.

Edited by Trini, 19 May 2011 - 04:37 AM.

#130 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

No one is surprised that they don't want nerfs to their main class. It's kind of logical. =P

But biases aside, in my eyes there isn't anything truly OP for Royal Guards. Everything has enough drawbacks or doesn't do enough to make it seem alright. @@

Yup totally right. RG is probably the most balanced class in renewal.

#131 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

I'm going to get some flack for this but Kaahi (or moonlight dagger) really shouldn't work with Reflect Damage. <_<

Best suggestion for a nerf. No other nerf would work like this one. This allows non-interference with both of the skills and the equip and still derives the desired effect. It also makes Elemental sword a more appealing item for reflect leveling which it probably should be with its Matack+Attack+Sots+Autocast.

Edited by Trini, 19 May 2011 - 04:47 AM.

#132 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:50 AM

Gee, not much going on in here. Cause all these scrubs are walking to 150 with out using many consumables.

Reflect Damage coupled with Ifrit Ring combo lags players out of the game if they have a mob on them. I was in Abyss Lake 3 and a Royal Guard walked by and our screens froze and my friend actually disconnected. This has happened multiple times and can result in a loss of exp because you remain in game for some time even though the player was disconnected.

JRO completely removed Reflect Damage cause this <_< is broken. I would suggest you do the same but I doubt it will happen because you would lose too many players.

So please restrict RG's from using Ifrit Rings or something.

Take off effect or use minimum effects:
/effect
/mineffect

Problem solved don't blame the RG.

#133 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:56 AM

Problem with Reflect Damage? Don't attack the RG. That's what people keep telling me about Shadow Form...

Anyhow, sarcasm aside, Reflect is kind of our only major AoE leveling tool. >_> Overbrand as well, I suppose, but it's not all that great for a build without much Strength. Remove Cart Cannon, Dragon Breath, Psychic Wave, Crimson Rock, Explosive Traps, Jack Frost and Rampage Blaster as well if you're going to take out Reflect Damage.

It may not require many consumables, but you do need to get the Linkers and a Moonlight Dagger if you're going to do it. And that's just mediocre. Strong Shield or an Alice carded shield is also needed to make it more effective, and it is very possible to die if you're not careful. If you do not mob enough, your SP won't recover fast enough, and if you mob too much the damage may outdo the Kaahi.

If you have issues with it for PvP, use ranged attacks while they're not near you. Or just attack with one GFist at a time, like what was done before Renewal with Shield Reflect.

+1 This is very true and needs to be taken into account. For my Pure Tank, i cannot have Over Brand due to Defensive Skills and if i sacrificed some defensive skills for Over Brand i'd still do sad damage cuz VIT and INT high, STR and DEX are low (as it should be?). you can refer to my earlier post to see ways for a Pure Tank to level of which only 1 is effective now and the grand Cross way actually exist but is very costly and inefficient compared to other classes with the skills mentioned in this quote.

#134 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:00 AM

Let me rephrase this because MiesterKirisaki is assuming I am attacking his beloved class.

Reflect damage alone does not cause lag what so ever.

When combined with Ifrit rings and a ton of mobs during triple spawn event it causes havoc.

It is not my rig or my connection. I have confirmation from several other people that the combo causes sever slow down and also disconnects the Royal Guard using them as well.

Also if you had biased people like Ralis and Miester doing nothing but rallying for buffs nothing would get changed.

I am posting because this hinders my gameplay. I am in no way jealous of the OBVIOUS MISUSE OF A SKILL THAT WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED THIS WAY.

JRO COMPLETELY REMOVED THIS SKILL FROM THEIR GAME FOR A REASON AND ARE REWORKING IT. CASE AND POINT...

It's prettier and more fun that way (We paid for our internet and Graphics cards and Processors, WE WANT TO ENJOY THEM ON THE GAME WE LOVE). If you were in my guild you'd have gotten some leech from me and you would be nowhere near this thread complaining.

Again:
/effect
/noeffect

#135 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

Oh no my friend, you must not have tried to choose skills on an RG to say you can be Offensive + Defensive easily. RG offensive skills are based on Two-Hand Quicken (Which requires Spear mastery, a full 20 points gone offensive from paladin), Spear Mastery, AGI (Which you can't use you tank) and Bash (For what it's worth).

That being said it is very difficult for an RG to get level 10 Guard + Inspiration (Due to pre-requisites from paladin skills) + Defending Aura level 5 + Spear mastery and quicken max + Rapid Smiting. You often have to give up Sac and some amount of Defending Aura or Rapid Smiting to get this combination and that is WITHOUT Cavalry Mastery of any level then you have the concern of stats, To be offensive + Defensive you would need 100 STR, 100 AGI, 100 VIT, 60~90 INT and 60~80 DEX or so and then you will not be an effective Tank OR Attacker (as it should be), but yes you can do both, but i firmly believe they did an excellent job on balancing RG so that you LITERALLY SEE the choices of Attack, Defend or Hybrid as you are planning your build.

If you really have not tried to plan an RG build i urge you to try it and you'll see exactly what i am taking about. Most RG's on Valk server are offensive and tey apear tough to kil as they are RG's but they have sacrificed something defensively for sure to make themselves killers.

I said branch. In pre-renewal it was always like that, but in Renewal it is very possible to play both an effective offensive and defensive role compared to having to specialize in one single effective role in pre-renewal's 2-1 branch.

#136 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:06 AM

Lol then you havent seen leveling with Over Brand. Yeah sure im not gonna lie, reflect leveling is pretty sweet. Little to no supplies, fast exp(faster with spawn event). But I could easily keep up with our genetic leveling speed using Overbrand.

Over brand = Offesive RG skill
Royal guard = Intended to be Defensive
Show Me ..... A way to level like that on Defensive RG build

#137 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:09 AM

I said branch. In pre-renewal it was always like that, but in Renewal it is very possible to play both an effective offensive and defensive role compared to having to specialize in one single effective role in pre-renewal's 2-1 branch.

Nope, I read your "branch" word. This is exactly what i am disagreeing with. you have to chose as RG, anyone i make an RG build with sees how evident it is that you have to chose. In our guild we have all type of RG, defensive, offensive and hybrid, so i can guarantee you i have looked at RG from all angles.

Have you tried to make that build?

#138 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

Nope, I read your "branch" word. This is exactly what i am disagreeing with. you have to chose as RG, anyone i make an RG build with sees how evident it is that you have to chose. In our guild we have all type of RG, defensive, offensive and hybrid, so i can guarantee you i have looked at RG from all angles.

Have you tried to make that build?

I know TI84+ who was previously in my guild was able to play both roles pretty effectively. And yes, I have played around with the skill builds on a tree. As easy as it is to notice how restrictive the tree is, it doesn't necessarily mean they are restricted to purely defense or offense. Like I said, it is very possible to play both roles in a hybrid skill build pretty effectively.

I'm being repetitive by saying this, but it is very possible for an RG to play both a defensive and offensive role effectively. I'm already aware it is difficult. Doesn't change the fact that it's possible and makes RG's pretty hardy as a result. Never said it was easy.

Look at this as an example. You do not necessarily need Sac unless you plan to be full-fledged tank/support. Spear Quicken isn't required. If you want to be full-fledged offensive, you'd get it. If you want to be a tanker or hybrid, you don't get it. Reflect alone means people can't kill your RG without sacrificing themselves or having to end up damaging themselves. Suras literally have to sacrifice themselves to kill an RG with Reflect up. This is assuming said RG isn't in a crowd where their attacks will affect their own guild due to Reflect Damage. And you won't be killing an RG using ranged attacks either(Assuming the RG was smart enough to keep DA up). Being able to break people's gear according to your PPA's level at a high % gives you quite the advantage in terms of the offensive role. Not everyone can equip Sacred Missions, nor will they all get FCP 24/7. I'm sure you're aware of what Shield Spell can potentially do as well.

#139 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

I know TI84+ who was previously in my guild was able to play both roles pretty effectively. And yes, I have played around with the skill builds on a tree. As easy as it is to notice how restrictive the tree is, it doesn't necessarily mean they are restricted to purely defense or offense. Like I said, it is very possible to play both roles in a hybrid skill build pretty effectively.

I'm being repetitive by saying this, but it is very possible for an RG to play both a defensive and offensive role effectively. I'm already aware it is difficult. Doesn't change the fact that it's possible and makes RG's pretty hardy as a result. Never said it was easy.

Look at this as an example. You do not necessarily need Sac unless you plan to be full-fledged tank/support. Spear Quicken isn't required. If you want to be full-fledged offensive, you'd get it. If you want to be a tanker or hybrid, you don't get it. Reflect alone means people can't kill your RG without sacrificing themselves or having to end up damaging themselves. Suras literally have to sacrifice themselves to kill an RG with Reflect up. This is assuming said RG isn't in a crowd where their attacks will affect their own guild due to Reflect Damage. And you won't be killing an RG using ranged attacks either(Assuming the RG was smart enough to keep DA up). Being able to break people's gear according to your PPA's level at a high % gives you quite the advantage in terms of the offensive role. Not everyone can equip Sacred Missions, nor will they all get FCP 24/7. I'm sure you're aware of what Shield Spell can potentially do as well.

Ok to this i agree, but you see you have to go hybrid and you will not do the same damage as an offensive RG. Yes they can PLAY both roles well, but people make it sound like. "OMG RG can have EVERYTHING" and that's just not the case.

Yes i am aware about shield spell.

My thought is simply this and it's not targeted at any particular individual, i'm talking about the server and possibly human mentality:
1) OMG that sucks it own me so easily and I can't beat him. That leads to Step 2
2) That is sooo OP
3) That should be nerfed

And my main thought behind it all is that,
hey, i have felt he same way about a few things and so have a few other people, but general population opinions change in time as people become more educated. I don't know the detail of all the skills but i think, you know, just because something seems over powered or weak to most people, it does not mean that it is so generally. Even those people themselves might change their mind later on, and what can the GMs do at that time? Change it back? No, then they will look so stupid. My point is that decision that GMs make is far more influetial than our little words flying around, we can say all that we want and change our mind later, but if GMs do what we want and we/they change our/their minds later, they can't undo that without looking foolish or at the very least giving the population another way to complain "Oh kRo and jRO are SOO much better than iRO". Maybe that is just personal thing that i don't like, but it is still a very selfless and genuine concern.

Now about this.
This RG cannot:
1) ride a Gryphon
2) benefit from Gloomy Shyness which will most likely do more damage than Over Brand when equipped well. More definitely, Gloomy RS will do more than this particular Over Brad since it doesn't have Spear Quiken. You'll notice most offensive RG stress the difference this makes.
3) break Weapon which is the best thing really in renewal. For example GX/Sura minus KvM weapon = much different person you fighting now.
4) (I assume) Cannot do good damage with pinpoint as its not maxing/using any AGI/aspd boosting skills and therefore it is really pointless to take anymore than 1 AGI for the sole purpose of level 3 Pinpoint damage.

So lets tell it like it is now,
This RG can:
1) Use Inspiration
2) Use Defending Aura
3) Use a (not too significantly, about 10% to 13%) weaker Over Band
4) Break shield, and armor (Via Shield Spell)
5) Reflect max damage from RD

However, from the "can" list:
1) Very good
2) Very good
3) Not too good, but good enough for weaker enemies and great for clusters of enemies/leveling. Also not good that Gloomy RS is probably stronger and cost far less skill points. Final comment, not good for WoE, good for PvM.
4) Very Good, but that is starting to seem like the main thing it can do
5) Good, perhaps some sacrifice from here can be used to alter things like riding Gryphon or something but i know it was just quick build you made so won't comment too much on it. It's good to be able to reflect 40% in a 7x7 AoE.

General Note: I'd not recommend this build to anyone, because I saw it myself as well, but this seems to make you inferior to both offensive and Defensive RGs. Defensive RG can still have RS to compete/beat this over brand and still have inspiration, prestige, trample, Sacrifice, Cure, Gryphon, RD level 5(Same level as your build, but obtained more comfortably), Grand Cross level 10(to replace overbrand to some extent on the PvM side), Guard 10 (Same as your build), Defending Aura 5(Same as your build), and so on. Offensive RG might consider this build more because you get Guard and Reflect Damage and Defending Aura while still getting Over brand, but there's no point to over brand if RS on gloomy out powers it because you can be more specialized defensively and able to still kill in this limited way of Over Brand Attack only by switching to RS/RS on Gloomy only.

The point of all this writing is really to emphasize on how (and you yourself can confirm this now, i am sure) this is a Hybrid build. And the part you may not fully agree with, it is less effective than a specialized build. Surely you agree though, that to go hybrid, you must give up offensive and defensive things. Your thought and mine, on how important or trivial these sacrifices are, are both simply matters of opinion, and that is what makes us decide to go hybrid or specialize.

PS: I enjoyed this little discussion/exercise very healthy debate.

Edited by Trini, 19 May 2011 - 07:41 AM.

#140 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

Oh btw, this just talks about balance within the RG class, for balance against other classes, that is a totally different discussion and much longer. You probably play different classes so you are able to make some general comparison about another classes ability to do the things that an RG can do (Attack, Defend and Hybrid to the same degree). I'm unable to do that for now but my general thought toward that discussion is that the classes should not be balanced in every aspect. Some should simply support better, attack better, defend better, but definitely hybrid within themselves to the same degree that RG has to hybrid within itself. That is to say, for exaple, a Priest might be able to be a battle priest or FS/Tank, that class should have to chose in the same way RG choses and also be able to hybrid to Support+Tank/Battle, but when they hybrid like that they should end up like RG sacrificing skills. So no, a priest should not be able to Attack and Defend in the same way that an RG can, BUT they should be able to Support+Tank and Battle to the same degree that an RG can Defend and Attack. I know its not simple to understand what i meant by hybrid within themselves, so i just expanded there but you might have understood what i meant from the whole "within themselves to the same degree" line.

Some classes should almost not be able to support at all, that is to say, their support should be as small as GX Enchant Poison or RK Enchant blade. Some classes should almost be unable to attack at all like priest and warlock (Warlock in Physical way only of course). You can go out of your way to try and do some creative thing, that's ok but RK still own it in a physical battle. Same way, GX might enchant poison on ally and cast that skill for Poison +50% damage on enemy and RK might make your MAttack add to your Attack for basic attacks but Priest still drop a Lex A and suddenly 30K damage = 60K Damage.

General Post ends here, below is more description of my personal thoughts about renewal.

That kind of discussion would be far too long and would require far mo information than you or I alone can acquire. I would like to believe that the development team who get paid to do that and are more than 1 man (Thus having more than 24 hours in a day) have done their job and made a RELATIVELY balanced game update (That is, renewal) but because we cant yet see all that they "should" (and I hope "would") have seen we are thinking the game is more unbalanced than it really is. That is my general thought. I mean, c'mon you mean to tel me they missed somethings like Earth Drive breaks shield too often and Kaahi + RD + Moonlight dagger? Maybe they did on the latter one there because it consists of Linker Buff + RG Skill + a random weapon that was, in previous years, replaced by Monk skill and Sorcerer skill to get a somewhat similar effect that RGs have now but i mean, some of the other things are just lame. I mean, ok, Skill spamming, you mean they missed the ability to spam Howling? Not intending to attack you, I just mean for us to look at these things from a different angle and ask, "is this something that could have been easily missed? Or is it more likely to have been picked up and considered? Orrrr, is it that this was designed for lower population (no bots) and that is what is really killing us?

I have no direct concern against anyone's opinion like to tell someone "You are wrong"...... Except that guy with the Earth Drive issue maybe but that is a concern more unique to him, i think he just does not know about sacred mission or wants to use any shield with it to get higher damage, no offense intended to him. The reason i don't feel so strongly to tell someone "You are wrong" is that I myself don't know all the possibilities, but i am trying to say that none of us do, if anyone knows the most possibilities, it SHOULD be the development team and they ought to have done a better job balancing for an introductory update than we can. They are human so surely they missed some things, but i think we will be on same page with them (and better able to make alterations) later on, and at that time we can make the really necessary adjustments safely.

Wow, sorry, this post grew longer than i expected.

Edited by Trini, 19 May 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#141 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

Only one comment: please use the MultiQuote button Trini. It even works as you navigate across all pages of a thread.

#142 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

Far too lazy to read through this entire thread, but Earth Drive apparently needs some tweaking.

1. Disable in town. Sick of having people cancel out my warps. :(;

2. It doesn't seem to be disabling Pneuma for some reason. Don't know if there are other skills it should cancel that it's not working with, but that's the only one I've found so far.

#143 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

For hose with RD icon issues i also have the same problem but, I cast paladin Shield Reflect right before i cast each RD so that I KNOW it is on.

Please give us an Icon for RD.

I do the same and i agree, it is annoying

Heres some changes i would i to see for the royal guard class

1. Everyone's said this before, but, please add a icon for reflect damage please. The icon exists out there, so tell me why it exists?

2. Exceed break should cancel on weapon switch. Seriously, the reason why this skill is so powerful is that you can use exceed break with a heavy weapon, and then switch to something that increases damage against demi humans like a BG or KVM spear, and just do rediculous damage. If you were just limited to the heavy weapon,it would probably do a lot less than if you were exceed break with a heavy weapon and switching to a demi human weapon.

3.Reflect damage is fine. With kaahi, however it is NOT. getting buffed with kaahi should cancel reflect damage, and casting reflect damage should cancel kaahi. (Although this would make linked linkers a good debuffer against RGs in woe. Hmm.)
Also, i would like to see TWO HANDED SHIELDS in this game, and have it affect reflect damage. KRO mentioned somewhere that originally there was supposed to be 2 handed shields when royal guards came out. What happened to that? If in the future, I would like two handed shields to be implemented, i would like to have reflect damage to this instead.
With 1 handed shield: Reflects 20% short range physical damage, and 20% of the damage taken is reflected in a area around you. (How this works: Say you got gfisted for 100k damage. The shura would take 20k damage from the 1st portion of reflect damage, and then take 20k damage from the AOE portion of reflect damage. This would total 40k to the shura. Everyone else around the RG in a 5x5 range would take 20k damage. I say 20% normal reflect and 20% aoe reflect, is so that reflect damage isn't inferior to shield reflect.)
With 2 handed shield: the 20% of the damage reflected to single targets is canceled, and instead, reflect damage will reflect 60% of all damage incoming to a area 7x7 around the royal guard. - My reasoning is: i want royal guards to either go full offensive, or full defensive. If you leave a fully defensive RG alone, he wouldn't be able to do any damage to you, since he wouldn't be able to use an weapon. And those using a weapon wouldn't be exceedingly good at defensive abilities as well. You can have a balance this way, but then you won't be able to maximize the effects of the skill that way. Removing the shield will cancel reflect damage. Give reflect damage a 5 second reuse delay. DON'T make it dispellable, we're supposed to be third class, our skills are supposed to be better than our previous skills(shield reflect vs reflect damage).

4. Defending aura: Give it a few more effects that would cripple offensive abilities. You're entering the ultimate defensive mode, so it would make sense if it sacrifices your offensive capabilites,right? Make it decrease your attack power by 20% when you have this buff up or something. The main thing about royal guards is they have TOO much defensive capabilites while being one of the top tier damage dealers as well. Make it so you can only do either 1 at a time: extremely offensive or extremely defensive, but not BOTH at the same time.

Best comment ever on the thread.

Edited by FiskBlack, 01 June 2011 - 07:31 AM.

#144 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

Defending Aura should reduce Attack and Magical Attack of Royal Guard and underdevotion players by half to make this skill balanced. In this form Defending Aura will be used only for protecting fragile support classes from pletona of ranged attacks.

#145 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

Far too lazy to read through this entire thread, but Earth Drive apparently needs some tweaking.

1. Disable in town. Sick of having people cancel out my warps. :(;

2. It doesn't seem to be disabling Pneuma for some reason. Don't know if there are other skills it should cancel that it's not working with, but that's the only one I've found so far.

3. Fix the graphical glitch of the RG's head when they use Earth Drive.

Edited by Akin, 01 June 2011 - 12:04 PM.

#146 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

what this crap with pinpoint one shoting people for well over 35k

Edited by Puppet, 16 July 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#147 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

what this crap with pinpoint one shoting people for well over 35k

Damn, 35k? but those people were in 0 reducts? cause the averange damage og my rg PA is of 12k~15k to geared players, most of the times even less 10k in PvP, the only thing stupid in PA is that 50% break gears chance, it should be 10% instead D=

#148 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

It's usually not just pinpoint. It's pinpoint which breaks their shield and then exceed break for 60k+ even in WoE because it suffers no WoE reduction because its a regular attack. And it can crit and double attack/is endowable.

#149 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

PPA doing over 35k in WoE? Not likely, unless they have God Items and craptons of buffs. In PvP, sure.

Already been discussed that the chance to break gear needs to be lowered.

Exceed Break will be fine once they fix the stupid weapon switching glitch.

#150 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

Heim,

Have you ever seen a RG killing a 35K HP Rune Knight with KVM gears with one poke (aka Exceed Break)? If this doesn't get nerf fixed then I might as well make a RG so I too can kill people with one poke.

Corrected. See Exceed Break bug abuse thread.

Edited by DieNasty, 22 July 2011 - 06:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users