#301 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

Pinpoint can deal more than 30k even with 40% demi human reduction... more than enough to 1 shot a Warlock...

Ok, let me get this straight, are you talking on PvP environment or WoE environment... because on 1 on 1, there's no way you can get away from it on PvP... Usually what they do on Ymir is borrow a GTB and kill the Warlock... or get more ppl to kill 1 Warlock, but it is not just us, every class have their skills to disable and/or kill... I said it before, WI has a low chance of success and even if they spam it on you, sometimes there's not enough time to cast it before you get killed... In WoE environment is quite different... if you get killed by a Warlock using WI and GF, well... there's something wrong with ya... it is true that with WI you can disable lot of classes but u can't kill all of them, plus with HW skills having high cast time is just not viable...

In any way... I doubt there will be a change for WI... specially here on iRO... mainly because there's no chance for that on kRO (talking about the cast time) and because we are iRO... it won't matter how you QQ about something, GM's won't do anything about it.

Btw, there are some ways to get around it... same with Stasis... heck... if you are QQing about WI, does any Warlock has Stasis your guild before? imo, Stasis is even more deadly than WI...

#302 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

Pinpoint can deal more than 30k even with 40% demi human reduction... more than enough to 1 shot a Warlock...

Ok, let me get this straight, are you talking on PvP environment or WoE environment... because on 1 on 1, there's no way you can get away from it on PvP... Usually what they do on Ymir is borrow a GTB and kill the Warlock... or get more ppl to kill 1 Warlock, but it is not just us, every class have their skills to disable and/or kill... I said it before, WI has a low chance of success and even if they spam it on you, sometimes there's not enough time to cast it before you get killed... In WoE environment is quite different... if you get killed by a Warlock using WI and GF, well... there's something wrong with ya... it is true that with WI you can disable lot of classes but u can't kill all of them, plus with HW skills having high cast time is just not viable...

In any way... I doubt there will be a change for WI... specially here on iRO... mainly because there's no chance for that on kRO (talking about the cast time) and because we are iRO... it won't matter how you QQ about something, GM's won't do anything about it.

Btw, there are some ways to get around it... same with Stasis... heck... if you are QQing about WI, does any Warlock has Stasis your guild before? imo, Stasis is even more deadly than WI...

I am QQing? lol
If you do think this is qqing then you are starting to be silly, im not debating about just pvp, that would be ridiculous, this is iRO as you said earlier and those "changes" are not here yet and we are not 100% sure we will got them.
Im just giving my opinion with facts, you are just replying trying to troll me lol?
I never mentioned Stasis, so you are lost here.
You shouldn't compare Ymir with Valkyrie those are different servers!
The cast time got a specific thread and im aware is ridiculous, but that dont quit the fact that WI is unbalanced.

Edited by FiskBlack, 27 May 2011 - 06:51 PM.

#303 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

I am QQing? lol
If you do think this is qqing then you are starting to be silly, im not debating about just pvp, that would be ridiculous, this is iRO as you said earlier and those "changes" are not here yet and we are not 100% sure we will got them.
Im just giving my opinion with facts, you are just replying trying to troll me lol?
I never mentioned Stasis, so you are lost here.
You shouldn't compare Ymir with Valkyrie those are different servers!
The cast time got a specific thread and im aware is ridiculous, but that dont quit the fact that WI is unbalanced.

Dunno but it seems like QQ...

Well... WI are mainly use for either PvP or WoE... if you are not talking about PvP, then WoE it is... and WoE is team work... if you let yourself get killed by WI+GF, well there's something wrong not with you but with the guild itself...

NO, there are no changes about %chance or cast time for WI... period... if there's no change on kRO, it is very unlikely we will ever get the skill change.

If I were trying to troll you, believe me... You would've knew that by now xD, you give opinion which are not fact in reality since there are ways to counter it... the chance for success is quite low and there are other ways to reduce chance with stats... plus is not even AoE but single target... having that as facts, can you enlighten me how this skill can be classified as something to get nerf? or how the skill is unbalanced? because so far is working as intended.

I think I can tell the difference now between Valk and Ymir... but it is a fact that the skill takes quite some luck and time to get successful... I know that you never mentioned about Stasis... but if you read what I did post before... I said clearly than if you compare Stasis and WI, Stasis is far more dangerous mainly because is AoE, I've never mentioned about you complaining about the skill... it was used just as reference... that is all.

This is just the tip of the iceberg it seems... do you know that Comet/TV books are coming right? that means instant cast and spammable, Comet as huge AoE and TV as single target... if you get in range of a Warlock for WI even knowing that WI takes sometime for it to be successful, instant TV will kill u at sight... even instant Comet.

I believe there's a thread referring WI on community chat, you can get some feedback from other players there as well. I don't think that any Warlock who actually use the skill will be a favor to nerf it, specially if they use it for defense/offensive purpose.

#304 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

Dunno but it seems like QQ...

Well... WI are mainly use for either PvP or WoE... if you are not talking about PvP, then WoE it is... and WoE is team work... if you let yourself get killed by WI+GF, well there's something wrong not with you but with the guild itself...

NO, there are no changes about %chance or cast time for WI... period... if there's no change on kRO, it is very unlikely we will ever get the skill change.

If I were trying to troll you, believe me... You would've knew that by now xD, you give opinion which are not fact in reality since there are ways to counter it... the chance for success is quite low and there are other ways to reduce chance with stats... plus is not even AoE but single target... having that as facts, can you enlighten me how this skill can be classified as something to get nerf? or how the skill is unbalanced? because so far is working as intended.

I think I can tell the difference now between Valk and Ymir... but it is a fact that the skill takes quite some luck and time to get successful... I know that you never mentioned about Stasis... but if you read what I did post before... I said clearly than if you compare Stasis and WI, Stasis is far more dangerous mainly because is AoE, I've never mentioned about you complaining about the skill... it was used just as reference... that is all.

This is just the tip of the iceberg it seems... do you know that Comet/TV books are coming right? that means instant cast and spammable, Comet as huge AoE and TV as single target... if you get in range of a Warlock for WI even knowing that WI takes sometime for it to be successful, instant TV will kill u at sight... even instant Comet.

I believe there's a thread referring WI on community chat, you can get some feedback from other players there as well. I don't think that any Warlock who actually use the skill will be a favor to nerf it, specially if they use it for defense/offensive purpose.

Yes, this is a very well good made post, and i agree pretty much with everything with you, but you do need to test in game and not using formulas, that is not possible in this game anymore you should know that.
TV and comet, that will be just horrible but i'm not all sure how it will be so i will reserve the commentaries about this i personally think it wouldnt be that bad considering the 50% reduction woe, holy prop armor with piety if its possible and OF COURSE the kafra blossom cards.
Im in the thread of WI comunity chat, let's leave this here.
As i said before i dont want it to be super NERFED i want it to get some small changes to be more balanced. :V

Edited by FiskBlack, 28 May 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#305 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

Yes, this is a very well good made post, and i agree pretty much with everything with you, but you do need to test in game and not using formulas, that is not possible in this game anymore you should know that.
TV and comet, that will be just horrible but i'm not all sure how it will be so i will reserve the commentaries about this i personally think it wouldnt be that bad considering the 50% reduction woe, holy prop armor with piety if its possible and OF COURSE the kafra blossom cards.
Im in the thread of WI comunity chat, let's leave this here.
As i said before i dont want it to be super NERFED i want it to get some small changes to be more balanced. :V

I know this is kinda off topic but... I think that pony/unicorn looks retarded....

#306 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

I know this is kinda off topic but... I think that pony/unicorn looks retarded....

Posted Image

#307 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

Posted Image

Are you from Acedia by any chance? O.o

#308 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

Are you from Acedia by any chance? O.o

Personal questions on PM plox!

#309 ShinkuKiba

ShinkuKiba

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

Excuse me, GMs. Allow me to clarify all points made in this thread:
You have turned the wizard branch into complete trash.

I play a wizard/high wizard/warlock, so I have no bias against it. That's not why I'm saying what I'm saying.
It seems, however, that you have no idea how to properly balance a class.
Wizard classes had and have extremely low HP, and what was their saving grace? High magic attack and the ability to dish it quickly.
Here's what you did to 'balance' us: make our magic attack suck. Except, rather than just turning our damage to crap, you added a fixed casting time to make us deliver bite-sized damage at a snail's pace.
But what's our saving grace now? More area! Fantastic, now we can piss off both a whole screen of monsters AND players! Aren't you proud of yourselves?
These characters you fixed are now going around stealing everybody else's kills without even doing it purposefully.
Let me ask a question. Sorcerers have the ability to cast large AoEs with fantastic damage and a short casting time. Furthermore, they can walk around while they're still casting so they don't become a human target! What incentive do we have to play a warlock with that knowledge? Cool animations?
You've also made it nearly impossible to reach warlock because Storm Gust (the only worthwhile AoE attack for most players), besides being weaker, freezes things so quickly that it hardly deals damage.

Have you ever even played this class, guys?
I've seen the screen wiped out by a champion and a lord knight before I was able to drop a SG at level 7. That can make any wizard feel pathetic.
What can we do, get more Dex to reduce a fraction of a second from our casting time?
Give us more magic attack and less cast time. Maybe not a lot, but bring us back out of the Crap Tier.

Thank you.

Edited by ShinkuKiba, 26 June 2011 - 11:44 PM.

#310 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

I play a wizard/high wizard/warlock, so I have no bias against it. That's not why I'm saying what I'm saying.
Wizard classes had and have extremely low HP, and what was their saving grace? High magic attack and the ability to dish it quickly.
Here's what you did to 'balance' us: make our magic attack suck. Except, rather than just turning our damage to crap, you added a fixed casting time to make us deliver bite-sized damage at a snail's pace.
But what's our saving grace now? More area! Fantastic, now we can piss off both a whole screen of monsters AND players! Aren't you proud of yourselves?
These characters you fixed are now going around stealing everybody else's kills without even doing it purposefully.
Let me ask a question. Sorcerers have the ability to cast large AoEs with fantastic damage and a short casting time. Furthermore, they can walk around while they're still casting so they don't become a human target! What incentive do we have to play a warlock with that knowledge? Cool animations?
You've also made it nearly impossible to reach warlock because Storm Gust (the only worthwhile AoE attack for most players), besides being weaker, freezes things so quickly that it hardly deals damage.

I've seen the screen wiped out by a champion and a lord knight before I was able to drop a SG at level 7. That can make any wizard feel pathetic.
What can we do, get more Dex to reduce a fraction of a second from our casting time?
Give us more magic attack and less cast time. Maybe not a lot, but bring us back out of the Crap Tier.

Thank you.

AGREE, but sorc its waaaaaaaaaaay sad in damage and slow cast times if its compared to those godly classes like genetics, those bastards dont even fixed cast times or aftercast delay

#311 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

Thank you.

I think you should address this to Devs since GM's didn't make renewal mechanics after all...

Indeed HW's skills need to be adjusted... not matk but the formula itself... respect with Matk... is quite hard since it goes with Warlock's formula... so a lil adjustment can increase damage output exponentially and it suffer more nerf than buff at the end... then again, GM's said that they are checking things out to buff up matk a lil so it can be increased w/o being too much...

#312 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

So uh.

What's the chance of us ever getting the graphic for Tetra Vortex?

#313 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:46 AM

So uh.

Slim to none right now. It actually had a very cool graphic back when kRO was still testing the class and you couldn't control the elements (you had to summon one of each type to use it). Then when they changed it to be controlled by the summoned element sphere (good move on their part), it broke the mechanics for controlling the animation. Then, instead of fixing it to just display the animation no matter what combo is summoned, they go and scrap it. It was probably the coolest looking skill out of all 3rd jobs too (even if it is borderline useless). It's like how they got lazy with the Comet animation and just decided to sub-in individual meteor storm hits instead of one big, whopping comet.

Renewal was built upon the foundation of good ideas, poor implementation. It's sad :rolleyes:

#314 ruxeom

ruxeom

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

^ As he said... but you are wrong in something... Warlocks can actually kill several ppl... it depends in what skills to do you have... regular spells like CR, JF won't do much damage, even Comet is not that great thanks to WoE reductions... but TV is a 1 shot K.O. skill w/o doubts about it... the only way you won't kill with TV is either u had bad luck choosing your elements or the target has more than 45k HP... other than that, you can kill even w/o Hibram Shoes... it depends also in how good can you manage your matk/demi human damage... believe me... is not that easy but is not that hard either... the only sad thing is that those dragon balls only last 30 seconds and TV has cooldown of 15 seconds... other than that, heck even with Sacrament you have an almost instant cast 1 hit K.O. skill...

thing is you need 30 skill points just as prereqs for that skill, in the meantime the warlock will probably kill nothing beyond the trans classes

#315 cashems

cashems

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:05 AM

The Job Change Quest is to hard ive been at it for 3 months and cannot do it ive given up i spent over 90 mil in pots and change so ive given up there is always aline for the monster part and cannot seem to beat it i think there should be either an item you can give the guild master like the Wiz quest was, or make the monster portion only one wave instead of2

#316 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

thing is you need 30 skill points just as prereqs for that skill, in the meantime the warlock will probably kill nothing beyond the trans classes

True... that's why is recommendable to WoE after level 140 or more... so there's no a big difference on levels...

The Job Change Quest is to hard ive been at it for 3 months and cannot do it ive given up i spent over 90 mil in pots and change so ive given up there is always aline for the monster part and cannot seem to beat it i think there should be either an item you can give the guild master like the Wiz quest was, or make the monster portion only one wave instead of2

Hmm... That's weird... did it change now from what it used to be when Renewal was launched?

#317 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

Please Decrease the cool down time of frosty misty.

#318 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:34 AM

If you have Ice Wall, you can wall yourself in a corner while casting the various Warlock magics. They're usable with those Rainbow Shards they give you.

#319 bomrdomrd

bomrdomrd

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

hello everyone, i am bring this to all the GM's attention..... i am starting to get very... very.. VERY!!! FED UP!!! with all the Warlocks, and all the ppl that skill mash AoE skills!!! and the ppl that KS all the time.... i pay from my VIP and its is very hard for it to be enjoyed when someoen skill mashing AoE attacks!! and would have trans my alchemist already a week ago if you had an anti KSin program, i mean i knwo you GM's are getting fed up with this issue.. then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!! this is really becomeing BS wiht this issue....

#320 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

If you have Ice Wall, you can wall yourself in a corner while casting the various Warlock magics. They're usable with those Rainbow Shards they give you.

SG1 the second you enter the room, everything but the water elementals will freeze. Run to the corner, chain lightning with the shard to instakill the elementals, then ice or safety and finish off the rest. Make sure you kill the last monster while in a corner to make the 2nd wave much easier.

Once you get through those 2 waves, the 3rd is just forums, and the 4th is blast a crystal that can't fight back. There's a time limit, but you have way, way, more time than you need.

The main issue is that the quest doesn't bother to check if you've loaded the map, so if you're lagging, you'll be taking hits before you even zone in. It's a pretty fair warning for how much effort Gravity put into the class in general.

Thank you.

I especially like how 13.3 gives Sorcs a boost to psi wave to further widen the gap... and makes the enchant thing give more ATK than MATK to widen that gap.

Does Gravity ever actually play their own game? While perfect balance is basically impossible to achieve, it's pretty clear that they're not even remotely close to it, and pretty obvious which classes are too strong and which are too weak.

#321 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

SG1 the second you enter the room, everything but the water elementals will freeze. Run to the corner, chain lightning with the shard to instakill the elementals, then ice or safety and finish off the rest. Make sure you kill the last monster while in a corner to make the 2nd wave much easier.

Once you get through those 2 waves, the 3rd is just forums, and the 4th is blast a crystal that can't fight back. There's a time limit, but you have way, way, more time than you need.

The main issue is that the quest doesn't bother to check if you've loaded the map, so if you're lagging, you'll be taking hits before you even zone in. It's a pretty fair warning for how much effort Gravity put into the class in general.

I especially like how 13.3 gives Sorcs a boost to psi wave to further widen the gap... and makes the enchant thing give more ATK than MATK to widen that gap.

Does Gravity ever actually play their own game? While perfect balance is basically impossible to achieve, it's pretty clear that they're not even remotely close to it, and pretty obvious which classes are too strong and which are too weak.

13.3 gives nothing to sorcs.... its bifrost 14.1 and this OPB update was a EPIC FAIL, since mental stick still giving nothing like sakray did, no cast time reduction and no psychic wave bonuses

#322 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

While i think it worked before someone in the wiz forum said icewall no longer works in there.

#323 Delta

Delta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

So uh.

just curious whats it supposed to look like I kinda ignored that skill for a while.

#324 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

just curious whats it supposed to look like I kinda ignored that skill for a while.

Crappy pserver video, but it's the graphic.

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

At least the hits land faster without the animation. It's basically just a series of four different colored blasts of lord of vermillion.

Edited by Brindizer, 31 July 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#325 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

Crappy pserver video, but it's the graphic.

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

At least the hits land faster without the animation. It's basically just a series of four different colored blasts of lord of vermillion.

I rather have animation and graphic effect lets you know what actually killed u or attempt to fight back by putting an angeling armor now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users