Return of Geffen AOV Speculation - Page 3 - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Return of Geffen AOV Speculation

60 replies to this topic

#51 Xuandu

Xuandu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Vanir

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Did a Photoshop of jawaii, and this is what i found (rotated the RO1 map), Photoshopped the ro2 bottom right of the map, the shape is exactly perpendicular but with more continent. this means one thing ;-;

jawaiidis_ephewrw.png

mmap_zpsad970c60.png

Da isle

#52 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

it's back

jawaii_015.jpg

the cave of no return

Untitled_zps0bbba9ff.png

say goodbye to your ingame liver

#53 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

Why does everyone think Kathryne is Yandere?  :p_err:

Cecil is usually the one drawn as Yandere, unless it's askCecil.

...... damn you're right -.- i thought Kathy was the one with the Insanity-problem and Cecil was just very outgoing......

I'M A HORRIBLE BIOLAB-FAN *runs into Kathy's Attacks on purpose to end her miserable life*

#54 BlueTrainer

BlueTrainer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

O yes, I'd like to be whipped by dat scantily clad mage-woman.

As for Chaos, it was the pinnacle of Legend of the Second.   if with proper balancing between DPS & Tank Gear, you'd be at the prime against the likes of CoA or AoD.  If anything, Chaos is more of a 'bonus gear' to me.   The more major gear sets were CoA & AoD.  So I'm predicting Set Bonuses & Raid Gear Tokens will make their return if not sometime sooner within the AoV Expansion.

Geffen Tower's Dungeon, which I suspect would be called something like "Depths of Darkness" would be something to the multi-floored Secret Forest Tomb.     With the endboss being Dracula.   Prior to Drac himself, would be the second-to-endboss, Doppelganger.   As for its form, maybe taking the form of someone from the party?  That'd be pretty sick.   Perhaps among its abilities is its ability to change to one of the many raid members and incorporating darkened versions of their class' skills.  

And maybe, just maybe, we'd see the likes of the other heroes/friends of Eremes Guile reincarnated into this era?   Someone like.  I dunno.

Seyren Winsor?   We haven't seen anyone (save Eremes) from da Biolab Bros after Sandstorm.   Maybe its time for a debut?

ah i forgot cool Doppelgenger haha he is first boss before Dracula haha, we will see how the outcome might be take a while, btw Jawaii map!? haha seems marriage system will be apply soon? Feb 2014? 

#55 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

People wishing too hard for things to be "Just like RO1" are setting themselves up for disappointment, and there seems to be very little which can quell these heartbreaker dreams. Sure, Geffen is expected to come out as our final town (where all of the ML50 people will gather for breaks in their grinding), and even Glast Heim is being disclosed quietly as in construction (considering how big a project it's being presented as) for our ML50 giant End-game Dungeon. But expecting even those to be quite the same thing as in RO1 is just setting up disappointment. (People already have the expectation that using the word "Jawaii" means a marriage system, and not another grind map.. RO2 proving otherwise for most of its content). There is very little we can simply expect (even Geffen still being an island might be wrong, the land may have rose and thus the rivers are gone, but your guess on it's location could also be right. Dayr Desert is slated to have a portal with direct access into Geffen).

It is confirmed that the four major cities in the game are: Prontera, Alberta, Morroc, Geffen. There is no fifth even being considered as it stands, and thus neither is any content which would not match this scope. What we can expect though is a major outbreak of random grinding maps after Geffen (including countless Raid Dungeons), similar to pre-ML end game, but this time multiplied over many more dungeons.

#56 BlueTrainer

BlueTrainer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

Glast heim, i hope its not 1 instance raid like aod, coa, how about to enter there need 20 ppl they  will separate to solve mini puzzle killing boss quest to open gate door something got 5 instance dungeon and after solving and finish boss in 5 different dungeon they will teleport back team up 20 ppl in 1 dungeon to eliminate imba boss, reward will be craft ingredient and craft skroll ( enuff with eq wep drop, but make ingredient and craft drop higher chance) to do puzzle quest need all members do their own roll so there's no player will be left out and there will no solo farming craft eq from :P boss

#57 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

People wishing too hard for things to be "Just like RO1" are setting themselves up for disappointment, and there seems to be very little which can quell these heartbreaker dreams. Sure, Geffen is expected to come out as our final town (where all of the ML50 people will gather for breaks in their grinding), and even Glast Heim is being disclosed quietly as in construction (considering how big a project it's being presented as) for our ML50 giant End-game Dungeon. But expecting even those to be quite the same thing as in RO1 is just setting up disappointment. (People already have the expectation that using the word "Jawaii" means a marriage system, and not another grind map.. RO2 proving otherwise for most of its content). There is very little we can simply expect (even Geffen still being an island might be wrong, the land may have rose and thus the rivers are gone, but your guess on it's location could also be right. Dayr Desert is slated to have a portal with direct access into Geffen).

It is confirmed that the four major cities in the game are: Prontera, Alberta, Morroc, Geffen. There is no fifth even being considered as it stands, and thus neither is any content which would not match this scope. What we can expect though is a major outbreak of random grinding maps after Geffen (including countless Raid Dungeons), similar to pre-ML end game, but this time multiplied over many more dungeons.

During RO1's early phase there was no rumors nor hints that there ever will be a Transcended Class System, 3rd Job level or even a higher level than 99/50. Yet RO1 expanded into what it became, in early RO1 there was no Lighthalzen or Einbroch hinted and even Juno appeared as just another Rune Midgard town for a small period before the devs decided to add another Republic and Juno became the Capital of it, Rachel was also an addition that came later on, in the first year of RO1 there wasn't a single mentioning that there will ever be a Country worshipping Freya.

Many things are up to debate but... "Using the word Jawaii will mean Marriage" urm

Spoiler

Excuse me, but what does a sign like this hint to? and this area looks way too similiar to RO1-Jawaii to be just a random other island

#58 Tomyamcat

Tomyamcat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

I've got to agree with Laine. 

I think the main difference between RO1 and RO2 is that RO1 is original. They can come out with whatever they want and players welcome them on with open arms. RO2 on the other hand is a 'sequel' so everyone's expecting it to follow RO1's footsteps, but when it doesn't, it leads to disappointment. And I think you know the rest  :ok:

@Jawaii topic: Njoror did mention about a marriage system in stream, that's why we're expecting it. Though it would be funny if they decide to add in party-crashing mobs  :heh:

#59 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

What changed in your first point? Time, and lots of it. It took more than a few years of successful profits for them to engineer a project to greatly expand on the world to that capacity. Meanwhile, because RO1 was not linear, it wasn't very hard to do, content could just be thrown in and players could go where they wanted. (insert level 15 archer grinding on metalings here). However, RO2 is not linear any longer, so instead of expanding on what it takes for "growth out of scope" to RO1, one looks at other games which have reached their intended growth scope and what they did with it after that, ones which are similarly linear. In such environments, you usually find them make more end-game features (often PvP based) instead of new grinding maps.

Drawing comparisons on simply RO1 isn't going to end up very accurate here. If you can accurately compare what is going on here to something in another similar MMO, that gives you more ground. Continuing to compare to RO1 is simply inviting grounds for future disappointment, and just the same, the first person I see drawing predictions by using more than two different MMOs will clearly be someone who has arguments strongly worth considering.

The fact that the client has records of a Jawaii dungeon and Jawaii mobs, and considering how the game has done things so far, makes perfect sense that we will be doing more grinding in Jawaii, just the same as we always have been. Expecting a quiet recluse of an island similar to RO1's version would make no sense at all. Remember that, in concept of the island itself, Jawaii was supposed to be a play on words to represent Hawaii as an RO map. The Hawaiian decorations thus make perfect sense. If since my last report (and I truthfully have slowed down in getting my reports of late, so that may be possible) some dev got a random insight in how to actually make something happen (instead of being lazy enough to give us only a place to role play things out), the map will still feature grinding and some coupling system will be simply a throw in add on to the map (as well as the system itself will be done more like most other MMOs, not like RO1. However, getting a soulmate system as seen in a few particular MMOs... DOMO, Flyff, Lucent Hearts, ASDA, ect... which strongly binds the grinding of two players isn't something I would expect this late in the game either). Key point, even in a best case scenario, don't expect something like this to have quite the same feeling of RO1. For instance, don't expect a warping system, this game has moved so strongly away from that, and so thus the grounds of what it could mean at all would be entirely separate. Additionally, it is safe to predict that, if such a system was to be implemented at all, removing it (like elementals and runes and such) would be from the Kafra store. Basing it on other MMOs, there would thus probably a buff that applies when grinding with your loved one. The process behind registration would be to simply talk to a given NPC and process the registration (nothing fancy at all), though I suspect that having mobs on the island means you could immediately proceed to a 'honeymoon grinding'. Again though, this is theorycrafting optimistically, and still says that people could act out something both better and more meaningful in any of the towns. The map is just another push to invite people to further grinding.

#60 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

What changed in your first point? Time, and lots of it. It took more than a few years of successful profits for them to engineer a project to greatly expand on the world to that capacity. Meanwhile, because RO1 was not linear, it wasn't very hard to do, content could just be thrown in and players could go where they wanted. (insert level 15 archer grinding on metalings here). However, RO2 is not linear any longer, so instead of expanding on what it takes for "growth out of scope" to RO1, one looks at other games which have reached their intended growth scope and what they did with it after that, ones which are similarly linear. In such environments, you usually find them make more end-game features (often PvP based) instead of new grinding maps.

Drawing comparisons on simply RO1 isn't going to end up very accurate here. If you can accurately compare what is going on here to something in another similar MMO, that gives you more ground. Continuing to compare to RO1 is simply inviting grounds for future disappointment, and just the same, the first person I see drawing predictions by using more than two different MMOs will clearly be someone who has arguments strongly worth considering.

The fact that the client has records of a Jawaii dungeon and Jawaii mobs, and considering how the game has done things so far, makes perfect sense that we will be doing more grinding in Jawaii, just the same as we always have been. Expecting a quiet recluse of an island similar to RO1's version would make no sense at all. Remember that, in concept of the island itself, Jawaii was supposed to be a play on words to represent Hawaii as an RO map. The Hawaiian decorations thus make perfect sense. If since my last report (and I truthfully have slowed down in getting my reports of late, so that may be possible) some dev got a random insight in how to actually make something happen (instead of being lazy enough to give us only a place to role play things out), the map will still feature grinding and some coupling system will be simply a throw in add on to the map (as well as the system itself will be done more like most other MMOs, not like RO1. However, getting a soulmate system as seen in a few particular MMOs... DOMO, Flyff, Lucent Hearts, ASDA, ect... which strongly binds the grinding of two players isn't something I would expect this late in the game either). Key point, even in a best case scenario, don't expect something like this to have quite the same feeling of RO1. For instance, don't expect a warping system, this game has moved so strongly away from that, and so thus the grounds of what it could mean at all would be entirely separate. Additionally, it is safe to predict that, if such a system was to be implemented at all, removing it (like elementals and runes and such) would be from the Kafra store. Basing it on other MMOs, there would thus probably a buff that applies when grinding with your loved one. The process behind registration would be to simply talk to a given NPC and process the registration (nothing fancy at all), though I suspect that having mobs on the island means you could immediately proceed to a 'honeymoon grinding'. Again though, this is theorycrafting optimistically, and still says that people could act out something both better and more meaningful in any of the towns. The map is just another push to invite people to further grinding.

You do realize Jawaii had mobs all along right? doesn't mean they're going to be Aggressive and attack you on sight, the Dungeon leaves space for speculation but, seriously tho, there's enough games out there that have records of Dungeons that never get implemented, take Mabinogi for example, the files have record of several dungeons since the beginning of the game with never got implemented over almost 5 years, yet they remain in there, waiting to maybe one day get implemented.

heck, when they introduced Hard Mode dungeons in Mabinogi they changed various Dungeon Waiting rooms to have an additional Door leading to the Hard Mode Lobby, 2 Dungeons recieved this door as well but do not have Hard Mode till now, the Hard Mode dungeons were added about 2 years ago as well....

Just because something is in the files it doesn't mean it will ever be used, a lot of games have files that never appear in the actual game, the only reason people ever found out about them is because of glitches by cheating to much (i look at you Pokemon games) or by simply looking into the game files XD

as Said Jawaii also featured Monsters in RO1, nothing indicates that they have to be aggressive. Also the inside of Jawaii also featured Mobs, tho pretty meaningless ones (thief bug Eggs being the only one that could actually fight back xD)

also Marriage doesn't need to be a CS thing at all, sure knowing the way RO2 took it may as well be and there will be less to no marriages, but there's several MMOs where Marriage is just an ingame feature.

Mabinogi (yes again that game) offers Marriage against the lowsy cost of 30'000 Gold (which is 2 Shadow missions for high level players)

Tho the actual benefits of a Marriage in the game are minor, it comes with Stat-boosts when you are in a party with your Wife/Husband.

Further there was a Family system applied in a later patch that allows players to adopt other players, however that one is more expensive than a Wedding (25'000 to create a Family and 50'000 per Adopting spot so about 325'000 Gold to make a full family) however said spots remain even if one of the adopted Players quits the family and each kid stacks up on the Family-Buff when they're in a party (leading to a quite useful buff with the whole 8-heads of the family.

Point is, we won't know how Jawaii looks and if it will be our Honeymoon island we love and cherish but maybe if we want it back badly enough it will come.

There's enough MMOs as well that simply add pretty useless maps from time to time where you go to like 1 time and after that you'll never visit again unless you really want to (in Mabinogi Terms: Courcle? what is a Courcle?)

#61 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

While I'm not exactly a fan of the game myself, I'm going to give you credit for bringing up Mabi (aka, not RO1) to use as an example, and in such, not argue any of the given points. So long as people are prepared for various outcomes (and bugs), they should adapt perfectly well to whatever happens on that island.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users