210 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

What is bugged, or undesirable about the Maestro?

What skills are fine, need tweaking?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

Gloomy + CS is really OP.

Halve the damage bonus of gloomy on PVP maps.

It doesn't matter in pvm, because there are more damaging burst skills, and it's got a duration so sort that it's not useful in pvm, and again, renewal leveling is about quantity, not quality, so insanely high damage isn't that useful.

#3 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

HI,

This is basically a copy and paste of my thread in the Technical Support: Renewal Testing forum. with some things taken out and changed to fit this thread's specific purpose. This can really be applied to the Wanderer as well, and I'll list suggestions for the performer tree as a whole at the bottom.

Let's start with the meat, the 3rd class skills:

Basic Skills
Spoiler

Chorus Skills
Spoiler

Buff Stacking
Spoiler

Bard/Dancer/Minstrel/Gypsy
Spoiler

Other bugs: Moonlit Serenade also does not affect healing skills. One of my Maestros couldn't cast Windmill Rush Attack in PVP until he was in a party with another Maestro, while the other Maestro could cast the skill in or out of a party (both were wearing instruments). Maestros are still called Minstrel in the guild window, stat window and someplace else (I'm forgetting where now). Throat Lozenge is still called Neck Protection Candy if you cast a skill that requires it but don't have the item on you.

Conclusion: Sure it seems like I'm asking for a buff to all our skills, but I'm convinced that performers never got the attention they deserved on kRO and that they are just broken (devs there were having too much fun making shuras, chasers, RGs, and Genetics). Besides, giving performers a large selection of good skills to choose from, with only limited skill points, means you'll find more diversified builds on the server. For instance, if Unlimited Humming worked in siege, lots of us would get it, forcing us to pick and choose between other skills. Also, while I am looking to improve these skills, I don't think my proposed fixes are in any way game breaking (read: gloomy is still our best buff). I also have a degree in game design, one in computer science, and I work for a company that makes mobile games if that lends any weight to my opinion. :)

Thats it for me I think. Also, please make partying more lucrative for pure support Maestros such as myself.

Edited by Akin, 18 November 2010 - 09:24 AM.

#4 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

I will list all skills and my opinions about them.
Voice Lessions:
Very useful skill, nice passive. Dont change it!!!
Reverberation:
I feel this skill should function a bit more like Chain Lightning. The damage shouldn't split between different monsters. It could use a bit more raw power, or Maestros could use some stronger MATK based weapons. Also, monsters shouldnt need to step onto the exact cell of the reverb animation to activate it, the little note should activate at a 3x3 range as well as chain to enemies within that range.
EDIT: I am suggesting an increased activation range because of the current difficulty of getting a moving monster to walk into a reverberation.
Dominion Impulse:
This skill seems to make up for the fact that Reverberation rarely activates when you need it to. This skill would be useful if you could use it to direct reverberation onto a certain monster, or area. Ex: a Maestro could cast 3 reverbs nearby, then use dominion to focus the power onto a certain area, not near the reverb casting area....this would make reverberation useful as it currently is.
Metallic Sound:
Extremely weak skill, especially since Deep Sleep Lullaby is only usable in WoE. This skill needs a boost in power.
Severe Rainstorm:
A bow skill? Really? Most annoying thing. I am assuming this was to limit its use while also buffing with songs. How about reducing the power, just a bit, and making it an instrument skill...however if other maestro skills are buffed im fine with this being left alone. But its practically a "leveling only" skill.
Circling Nature:
Is this a buff or a debuff? Leans more towards being a buff type skill, so why cant I cast it in PvM environments....even if I could, it heals so little its barely useful for anything other than solo HP recovery inbetween fighting monsters. I suggest making this heal much more HP and taking off the map limitations.
Valley Of Death:
Neat idea to give Maestros a res skill, I see no problems with it.
Despair Song:
Another neat skill. I like it, but should it contain more than one player...or just one? so far it functions kinda like ankle snare(hunter skill).
Voice Of Siren:
This is one of those few useful((and creative)) maestro skills. I wish more were like this one. I find it to be a clever skill design. Dont change this skill.
Improvised Song:
Hocus Pocus all over again, not a useful skill. This is kinda just a random filler. IF this skill were to be changed I would like to see it only casting AoE skills. Meteor Storm, Heavens Drive, Storm Gust...ect.
Gloomy Shyness:
This skill is a bit much, I feel it should be reduced to 2x at lvl 5..and perhaps some more skills should be added to the list. EDIT: Or go with Dr. Azzy's suggestion to halve Gloomy Shyness effect in just WoE/PvP, I actually like that better.
Deep Sleep Lullaby:
This skill should be allowed on PvM maps.
Harmonize:
I keep hearing different things about harmonize. Most recently ive heard it makes all JOB BONUS's +11-13 at level 5. If this is true, then dont change it, its a great buff. However, if it does that to ALL YOUR BONUS STATS that is severely underpowered as a buff. If this is meant to be a debuff, flip it around so at lvl 5 it makes all bonus's 2-3.
Windmill Rush and Echo Song:
Let us stack them, have them affect entire amounts by 30% at lvl 5.
Great Echo:
Low Output, High Cost. Lets change that.
Other chorus skills:
I have no experience with them, need more information before i judge them. But, im almost positive they need more of an increase per performer. Most guilds dont keep around 12 maestros/wanderers.
Other Ideas:
The Hat given to you in the quest when you become Maestro should be dye-able to match alternate color of Maestro.
EDIT: When I changed from Minstrel to Maestro, I lost around 300sp. Why does the 3rd class have a SMALLER sp modifier? Also, all 3rd job songs have too high a SP cost for what they do.

Heimdallar:
In the "Point of This Forum" thread I asked that you add a "booking" thread so I can make sugestions/requests for the booking system. Later on in that thread you said this :"I can tell this will fail already, this topic is not where the feedback goes."
Where should I request other threads for renewal feedback?

EDIT: Here are some ideas from Jaye that I completely support.
1.Despair Song
Omg where to start on this piece of crap. Its like an ankle snare. Its obviously meant to be an ankle snare. It costs an expendable 200z item to drop and catches a single monster in 3x3 just like ankle snare. But it has a few problems:
Annoyingly long cast bar (SERIOUSLY?)
It needs a whip and the only Wanderer ATK skill that scales well with enemy HP lvl 120+ needs a BOW. This is DUMB.
Enemies it catches can still tele!!!! Ankle snare disables monster tele for a REASON. I can't even USE this, the monster teles.

2.Severe Rainstorm
This is like the only really good skill Wanderer, has, which again, makes no sense. Anyone who spent their life before renewal as a Gypsy had an array of whips, not bows. On top of that, this skill really feels like storm gust. I feel like I am a wizard, not a dancer, when I level with this. Its somewhat absurd how much the play style has changed from pre-renewal Gypsy to Wanderer. Deep sleep metallic sound with song of despair rooting the monster would have been an excellent extension of the old play style, but gravity mucked it the hell up.

3.Arrow Vulcan
For the love of God, remove the cast time and frankly up the damage. This skill is useless now! Clashing Spiral does 2-3x its damage with a shorter cast time and cannot be interrupted. it is SO unfair! A good Wanderer build is VIT/INT/DEX/LUK, not AGI, they need AV to do decent DPS without AGI.

4. GREAT IDEA
Also, I think it would be super awesome if Wanderer/Maestro had some sort of quest skill that when obtained, applies a Level/100 multiplier to all ranged attack damage (excluding rainstorm, which already has this modifier) done by the character, that way skills like Arrow Vulcan, Metallic Sound, Reverb, etc got stronger as you got higher level.

Edited by Theoretical, 02 November 2010 - 09:18 AM.

#5 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

Lower the arrow cost of Severe Rainstorm. It's clearly the primary leveling skill for both Maesto and Wanderer. I've used probably almost 100k arrows of different types to get to only 125. By the time I hit 150 I'll probably have gone through 300k++ at this rate. 20 is ridiculous. Arrow Vulcan takes 1. Arrow Shower takes 1. DS takes 1.

#6 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

I feel the cost of 20 arrows to cast severe rainstorm and 120sp isnt outrageous. It is a very strong skill for what is primarily a support class, however most of our skills dont function as they should in PvM so leveling is a chore. And partying isnt what it used to be. Summary: Make support skills worth it in PvM and Balanced in PvP.

#7 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:55 PM

I feel the cost of 20 arrows to cast severe rainstorm and 120sp isnt outrageous. It is a very strong skill for what is primarily a support class, however most of our skills dont function as they should in PvM so leveling is a chore. And partying isnt what it used to be. Summary: Make support skills worth it in PvM and Balanced in PvP.

It's strong, yes but making the arrow cost high doesn't balance the skill at all. It just makes people use more arrows. So I carry more arrows and use more arrows... but what does it change about the skill? Nothing. I've used my collection of almost 30k Ori arrows and crafted over 100 Oris just to get from 103-115 or so, but Genetics can just level all the way to 150 using 500z cannon balls that you can buy from an npc? If you keep the arrow cost of Severe Rainstorm, at least add in an easier way to obtain arrows. I'm not sure why the game expects me to have at least 5k+ arrows on me just for maybe a 2 hour leveling session.

What about people that can't get the arrows they need to level? Sure, people may have enough arrows for now, but I'm only at 125 and I've used my entire Ori arrow collection and I've gone through over 80 shadow quivers going from around 119-125. Ridiculous.

Edit: Does Inifinite Humming really not work in a WoE setting? I never got a chance to test it. If it doesn't, that's really stupid. What is the point of the skill if you can't use it in WoE? Was it seriously designed to be a pvm skill? There is no way they thought up Infinite Humming and went "hmm, we should make this pvm only, cause clearly that's useful, oh and it's gonna take most of your job points, because having a phen effect is so useful in a pvm setting, you'll have 2 maestros/wanderers in your party just to get it~"

Edit 2: Song of Despair
Spoiler

Siren's Voice -
Spoiler

Deep Sleepy Lullaby -
Spoiler

Edited by Sapphic, 04 November 2010 - 12:33 AM.

#8 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

Song of Despair: This is a Maestro skill that is a higher cost than a Hunter skill that does the exact same thing.

#9 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:09 AM

It's strong, yes but making the arrow cost high doesn't balance the skill at all. It just makes people use more arrows. So I carry more arrows and use more arrows... but what does it change about the skill? Nothing. I've used my collection of almost 30k Ori arrows and crafted over 100 Oris just to get from 103-115 or so, but Genetics can just level all the way to 150 using 500z cannon balls that you can buy from an npc? If you keep the arrow cost of Severe Rainstorm, at least add in an easier way to obtain arrows. I'm not sure why the game expects me to have at least 5k+ arrows on me just for maybe a 2 hour leveling session.

What about people that can't get the arrows they need to level? Sure, people may have enough arrows for now, but I'm only at 125 and I've used my entire Ori arrow collection and I've gone through over 80 shadow quivers going from around 119-125. Ridiculous.

Edit: Does Inifinite Humming really not work in a WoE setting? I never got a chance to test it. If it doesn't, that's really stupid. What is the point of the skill if you can't use it in WoE? Was it seriously designed to be a pvm skill? There is no way they thought up Infinite Humming and went "hmm, we should make this pvm only, cause clearly that's useful, oh and it's gonna take most of your job points, because having a phen effect is so useful in a pvm setting, you'll have 2 maestros/wanderers in your party just to get it~"

Edit 2: Song of Despair

Spoiler

Siren's Voice -
Spoiler

Deep Sleepy Lullaby -
Spoiler

I kinda agree with Theoretical in that the arrow cost isn't too bad. But I haven't been using Ori arrows so I haven't felt your pain! If they don't change it though, what I'd like to see is fairness. AV should cost 9, Arrow Shower should cost 5, Arrow Storm should cost 10, and DS should even cost 2. Also, you're right, there should be better ways to get harder to craft arrows. Perhaps cards that drop each type of arrow quiver when killing certain monsters (better yet, make each type of bow have a chance to drop a certain kind of arrow quiver. i.e. Elven Bow drops elven arrow quivers, Bow[3] drops arrow quivers, Gust Bow drops wind arrow quivers, etc)? The Orc Archer bow should have a chance to drop steel arrow quivers and not just 1 steel arrow...that's just pointless.

As for Infinite Humming, yes, I've confirmed that it doesn't work in siege and it's really dumb that it doesn't.

Good call on Siren's Voice affecting guild members. I hadn't noticed yet as my guild has so few thief class chars.

I'd like the same to happen with DSL but I doubt they'll do it. Though at the very least, they should make it a much lower chance to affect allies, similar to Frost Joke and Dazzler.

BTW, thanks for posting, this thread was too quiet!

#10 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

I kinda agree with Theoretical in that the arrow cost isn't too bad. But I haven't been using Ori arrows so I haven't felt your pain! If they don't change it though, what I'd like to see is fairness. AV should cost 9, Arrow Shower should cost 5, Arrow Storm should cost 10, and DS should even cost 2. Also, you're right, there should be better ways to get harder to craft arrows. Perhaps cards that drop each type of arrow quiver when killing certain monsters (better yet, make each type of bow have a chance to drop a certain kind of arrow quiver. i.e. Elven Bow drops elven arrow quivers, Bow[3] drops arrow quivers, Gust Bow drops wind arrow quivers, etc)? The Orc Archer bow should have a chance to drop steel arrow quivers and not just 1 steel arrow...that's just pointless.

As for Infinite Humming, yes, I've confirmed that it doesn't work in siege and it's really dumb that it doesn't.

Good call on Siren's Voice affecting guild members. I hadn't noticed yet as my guild has so few thief class chars.

I'd like the same to happen with DSL but I doubt they'll do it. Though at the very least, they should make it a much lower chance to affect allies, similar to Frost Joke and Dazzler.

BTW, thanks for posting, this thread was too quiet!

I had a HUGE arrow supply and I never thought I'd actually ever run out. I can't believe I went through my 30k Ori arrows in storage, my 10+ quivers, my 50+ Ori, and then the Ori arrow quivers my guild members gave me, because I ran out of those, too! Luckily, now I'm using shadow quivers, but it's the same thing. I've used up my 70+ quiver supply and I went from around 200 Runes of Darkness to about 50 now, and I'm nowhere near done leveling. The quiver thing would be nice, for Elven Bow, especially.

The arrow cost is irrelevant for Fire and Silver arrows, because you can buy those. It's not like people in Ymir make money off vending items to make arrows. At least put in an npc that sells the other arrows for 3-10z each. Just the normal ones, shadow, earth, wind, water, maybe immaterial, nothing overpowered like Holy, though. I don't see the point of changing the arrow cost of the other skills, they're kind of outdated, but it's how I 99ed several chars (arrow vulcan / DS), and the whole time I used 1 arrow for each attack. I'd like to go back to adopting this 1 arrow system for rainstorm.

Wow, way to ruin Infinite Humming. Guess I can get all the skills I want, since I don't need that garbage.

Yeah, Deep Sleep Lullaby should at least be a MUCH lower chance and at least only happen IF they're in my party, so if they DO get put to sleep, I can cancel it out.

You're welcome :P. It's my main, so I had a few complaints.

#11 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

Wow, way to ruin Infinite Humming. Guess I can get all the skills I want, since I don't need that garbage.

Personally I feel most Chorus/Solo songs are trash currently, heh. They should be stackable, and they should affect total values. And dear lord, Circling of Nature is a completely useless skill. What am I going to do? Sneak up on enemy precast and drain their sp? Not likely. Lower sp drain, raise hp gain, enable it for PvM.

#12 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:54 AM

I Just want Balance for this class, and DSL to be Pvm also really makes leveling less of a hassle for us. on top of that if Renewal is about making leveling easier are skills should relfected that, on cost and overall Balance.

I just feel everytime they get to this class they want to half put the work into it after testing everything else.

#13 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:03 PM

@Yanzan I suffer from the problem of actually enjoying being a full support Bard/Minstrel/Maestro. This class has always been that "alt" class that is dual-cliented. As a 3rd job, we finally have a chance to shine. We can pull off some very useful combos such as Acoustic Rythym+3rd Job Song+ Longing for freedom+ attack skills. A combo like that requires a more active player, not just a dual-cliented song slave that can remain alt-tabbed for 5minutes or so.

I just feel everytime they get to this class they want to half put the work into it after testing everything else.

Your very correct. Our class is the red headed step child. Hopefully our intense desire to see it functioning properly will be seen and something will be done.

#14 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:58 PM

What's funny is that when I first read the skill descriptions, I was so very excited. It looked like we were going to be allowed to have cool debuffs (DSL, Siren's, Despair, Gloomy, Destruction), earn the ability to support almost as well as, if not better than, a non Trans Priest (Circling Nature aka Sanctuary, Song of Mana aka Magnificat, Death Valley aka Resurrection, Windmill aka Imposito Manus, Echo Song aka Angelus, Harmonize aka Blessing, and), and perform cool attacks (SR, Reverberation, Metallic Sound, Great Echo), all while performing 2nd class skills. And that didn't even cover the other cool Chorus skills.

What they did, was give us is one tool to level with (SR), but we can't even use our second class skills while doing it because it requires a bow. Everything else is basically only practical and/or allowed for use in siege (Infinite Humming isn't useful anywhere).

#15 Amerlia

Amerlia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

Siren's Voice -

Spoiler

Deep Sleepy Lullaby -
Spoiler

Siren's Voice and Deep Sleep Lullaby are definitely great tools to be used by Maestros/Wanderers. They're powerful too, just like Frost Joke/Dazzler were, but I don't mind the double-edged sword aspect. If Siren's Voice and Deep Sleep Lullaby didn't proc on allies, then it would be even more overpowered and it'll just be another thing people can complain about. At least Siren's Voice doesn't stop people trying to buff you, so all it really does it make them use the /lv symbol. If that messes up theif classes, then so be it. So I don't think that changing it to work like Dazzler and Frost Joke would make things any better.

#16 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

Sirens Voice is one of the few skills that doesn't need a change.
Deep Sleep Lullaby should proc on allies, however i feel it should be at a somewhat lesser rate than on enemies.

#17 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:54 AM

Arrow Vulcan wasn't broken before, now it is. It wasn't even "OP". Arrow Vulcan is missed. We want to love our Arrow Vulcan, but we can't. :D =P But seriously, the skill worked fine as is before renewal.

#18 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:23 AM

The only thing about Siren's Voice is that it needs to have a reuse delay so that a Maestro cannot perma Siren's Voice anyone. We had this problem where a Maestro walked in our Emp room, used Siren's Voice on us, and proceeded to break the emp with his Berserk Guitar. Due to the spammability of Siren's Voice, we were absolutely unable to attack him (even Fiberlock didn't work, idk about other trap skills). Thankfully, he messed up on his timing which gave us a small window to attack him. But had he been paying attention, he could have taken out that emp with a group of people unable to do anything but watch him.

#19 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

Currently there's a 5 second reuse delay, but the duration if affected (70% chance at level 5) is about 25 seconds, so yes it can be used over and over to great effect if the Maestro or Wanderer is lucky. Fiberlock won't work because it's a single target skill, but traps placed by Rangers/Chasers will, and all AoE skills will work to damage him/her.

So next time it happens, just bust out your Psychic Wave, have RKs use DB/Storm Blast, have Warlocks use FM/JF, have Suras Rampage Blast, etc, etc. Because you can AoE to counter it, I feel it is a fair skill, and I'd hate to see it nerfed like that for PvM since it's our only good defensive skill. I see your point though, that probably was a bit frustrating not being able to target him!

Also, yay for not being at the bottom of the list of threads for a few more hours... >_<

#20 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

+1 to what Akin said, nearly every class has a strong AoE to counter this skill. Dont nerf Sirens Voice.

#21 Berek

Berek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

Dont nerf Sirens Voice, its supposed that if you get hit by anyone else you are able to attack the maestro again. Anyways I agree that Maestros should be a class with better skills, I mean... its true that kRO never put a lot of attention in maestros skills... and being a minstrel/bard was always most of the time just using strings or being a simple alt.

Maestros require a better review of their skills so they can be excellent support classes and not just "gloomy slaves". There're only like.. 8-9 maestros on valkyrie? I mean come on! xD

Imo Deep Sleep Lullaby is really bad in the aspect most of the time you sleep your allies more than your enemies... it should work just like dazzler or FJ. Song of Despair seems kinda cool except for the long cast.

#22 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

Dont nerf Sirens Voice, its supposed that if you get hit by anyone else you are able to attack the maestro again. Anyways I agree that Maestros should be a class with better skills, I mean... its true that kRO never put a lot of attention in maestros skills... and being a minstrel/bard was always most of the time just using strings or being a simple alt.

Maestros require a better review of their skills so they can be excellent support classes and not just "gloomy slaves". There're only like.. 8-9 maestros on valkyrie? I mean come on! xD

Imo Deep Sleep Lullaby is really bad in the aspect most of the time you sleep your allies more than your enemies... it should work just like dazzler or FJ. Song of Despair seems kinda cool except for the long cast.

I will not be someone Alt Slave nuff said. ( last two days in valk Rks been like Gloomy Gloomy please) I just Pang Voice and walk away now, intill I get Gloomy.

#23 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

Maestros are almost as bad off as Wanderers. They're essentially a Wanderer with Magic Strings to be useful in a party (:<). Why are performers so damn bad? This class has a terribad HP mod, poor offense, and some pretty damn weak "support" skills. I'd rather be supported by a Rune Knight's Fighting Spirit or a Sura's Pressure Point than any single chorus skill (which don't even work solo/duo like those other class's skills). Seriously. When people classify Performers as a support class it makes me wonder what they have been smoking.

Our one good skill in PvM is Severe Rainstorm and its actually a lot weaker than pre-nerf Cart Canon, Clashing Spiral, Overbrand, etc., so we're not exactly well off in even this category of leveling.

In WoE we have Siren's Voice, which is a decent protection skill. Its not fullproof or too unfair, and can be countered. Maestros can break emps with Berserk Guitars, Wanderer cannot. Again Wanderers are screwed over.

Deep Sleep - This skill is pretty good for logistics of stopping an enemy's movement (no more so than shadow chasers, cursed circle, and white imprison, extreme vacuum, etc). Considering how most classes can disable other characters now, it'd be hardly fair to call deep sleep unfair. You'd have to nerf a lot of classes if you determined disabling someone with an un-resistable skill to be unfair.

That said, Performers are easily the worst 3rd job. Wanderers need some love in the form of equal opportunity with Maestros (their own berserk weapon would be nice) and the whole class could use a little tweaking to make the chorus skills useful and the song attacks a bit better (at least in PVM when you wanna single target instead of AoEing single monsters with rainstorm for 120 SP / 20 arrow :P)

Stuff I'd like to see for Performers

Song of Despair - Less cast time, enemies don't tele when hit.

Severe Rainstorm - You're performing a raindance/song... use the instrument/whip, not a bow.

Arrow Vulcan - Remove cast time or halve cast time, remove fixed time.

Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow - Remove cast time.

Reverberations - do not split damage among enemies

Metallic Sound - buff it to be equal/better than AV's damage with an INT/DEX build. Right now it does around 1/3 what AV does, which is pretty bad.

Chorus skills - usable solo for reduced effect

Deep Sleep Lullaby - enable in pvm, fix the bug that effects players out of pvp.

Gloomy Shyness - Reduce to 150% @ lvl 1 and 200% at lvl 5 (still nice). Its kind of OP'd and we don't need to be slaves.

Circle of Nature - Fix the bugs/flaws with it so it can be enabled in PVM for actual use. Make it where in PVM it only effects positively on party members gain HP, drain tiny bit of SP to pay for the regenned HP), and in woe drain SP of enemies on screen.

Edited by Jaye, 12 November 2010 - 07:37 AM.

#24 Berek

Berek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

Maestros are almost as bad off as Wanderers. They're essentially a Wanderer with Magic Strings to be useful in a party (:<). Why are performers so damn bad? This class has a terribad HP mod, poor offense, and some pretty damn weak "support" skills. I'd rather be supported by a Rune Knight's Fighting Spirit or a Sura's Pressure Point than any single chorus skill (which don't even work solo/duo like those other class's skills). Seriously. When people classify Performers as a support class it makes me wonder what they have been smoking.

Our one good skill in PvM is Severe Rainstorm and its actually a lot weaker than pre-nerf Cart Canon, Clashing Spiral, Overbrand, etc., so we're not exactly well off in even this category of leveling.

In WoE we have Siren's Voice, which is a decent protection skill. Its not fullproof or too unfair, and can be countered. Maestros can break emps with Berserk Guitars, Wanderer cannot. Again Wanderers are screwed over.

Deep Sleep - This skill is pretty good for logistics of stopping an enemy's movement (no more so than shadow chasers, cursed circle, and white imprison, extreme vacuum, etc). Considering how most classes can disable other characters now, it'd be hardly fair to call deep sleep unfair. You'd have to nerf a lot of classes if you determined disabling someone with an un-resistable skill to be unfair.

That said, Performers are easily the worst 3rd job. Wanderers need some love in the form of equal opportunity with Maestros (their own berserk weapon would be nice) and the whole class could use a little tweaking to make the chorus skills useful and the song attacks a bit better (at least in PVM when you wanna single target instead of AoEing single monsters with rainstorm for 120 SP / 20 arrow :P)

Stuff I'd like to see for Performers

Song of Despair - Less cast time, enemies don't tele when hit.

Severe Rainstorm - You're performing a raindance/song... use the instrument/whip, not a bow.

Arrow Vulcan - Remove cast time or halve cast time, remove fixed time.

Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow - Remove cast time.

Reverberations - do not split damage among enemies

Metallic Sound - buff it to be equal/better than AV's damage with an INT/DEX build. Right now it does around 1/3 what AV does, which is pretty bad.

Chorus skills - usable solo for reduced effect

Deep Sleep Lullaby - enable in pvm, fix the bug that effects players out of pvp.

Gloomy Shyness - Reduce to 150% @ lvl 1 and 200% at lvl 5 (still nice). Its kind of OP'd and we don't need to be slaves.

Circle of Nature - Fix the bugs/flaws with it so it can be enabled in PVM for actual use. Make it where in PVM it only effects positively on party members gain HP, drain tiny bit of SP to pay for the regenned HP), and in woe drain SP of enemies on screen.

I totally agreed in most of this!.

#25 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

I totally agreed in most of this!.

second this also.