• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

This should indicate that Wanderer class is in dire straits and needs buffs desperately. This class is not worth playing at all as it is, and after the DSL nerf they'll be even less worth playing. This class was slapped together like a cafeteria lunch plate, not well designed or thought out at all.

-_-

Edited by Trixdee, 07 October 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#102 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

Well there is a gender split that people have no choice over with maestro/wanderer, so you can add te two together. Though their combined 55 on Valkyrie still pales next to the 149 Sura or 152 Bishop. It should be clear from demographics that Ranger/Performer/Mechanic are rather unpopular due to how disprotionately useful they are in PVM/MVP/WoE. Really, though? It's been like this for like 5+ years. Its not a renewal thing. Bard/dancer/smith were rather unpopular compared to priest/knight/assassin of yesteryear.

#103 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

I wish Wanderer would be completely redesigned from top to bottom with good and actually useful support songs and another good whip skill. -_- I agree with what you said we should have a song up to par with magic strings. Also I think we should get a whip that functions like the berzerk guitar.

Edited by Trixdee, 07 October 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#104 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

At level 5, Severe rainstorm damage got reduced.

Lets say 110 agi and 150 dex, and character level 100:
Before patch: 2 + 150 / 100 + 110 / 500 = 3.72x attack per hit
After patch: {(150 + 100) / 100 x (Skill Level / 5)} x Casterâ??s Base Level / 100] = 2.5x attack per hit

New formula from: https://docs.google...._qEQZ8xHU&pli=1

I thought they were just changing the number of hits for the lower skill levels, but... they actually nerfed it instead? D:

Pretty much all I can offer in a party as a Wanderer is SR and GK. At my current level though, SR feels mostly useless in parties since there are faster casting options like Cart Cannon and Psychic Wave, so it's mostly for emergencies. GK's fine in stationary parties (asides the complaints that you have the laziest job), but is clunky when moving and sometimes takes the backseat if there's a Sorcerer in the party. I've tried Song of Mana, but if I'm in a party with a Maestro they always immediately replace it with Echo Song, at least the balance patch will cut that out.

From the sounds of asayuu's post, this doesn't get any better at the higher levels either, yay. <_< Can we have some decent support skills already please?

#105 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

New formula from: https://docs.google...._qEQZ8xHU&pli=1

I thought they were just changing the number of hits for the lower skill levels, but... they actually nerfed it instead? D:

Pretty much all I can offer in a party as a Wanderer is SR and GK. At my current level though, SR feels mostly useless in parties since there are faster casting options like Cart Cannon and Psychic Wave, so it's mostly for emergencies. GK's fine in stationary parties (asides the complaints that you have the laziest job), but is clunky when moving and sometimes takes the backseat if there's a Sorcerer in the party. I've tried Song of Mana, but if I'm in a party with a Maestro they always immediately replace it with Echo Song, at least the balance patch will cut that out.

From the sounds of asayuu's post, this doesn't get any better at the higher levels either, yay. :thumb: Can we have some decent support skills already please?

The formula in your quote still feels very powered. With it, you may know how hard support builds (with high VIT instead of AGI) got destroyed. [Yes, my build got destroyed on attack, I will just wipe SR when I get job 50 and forget I was ever able to kill something with it]

I would only accept this formula if SR was a 10-level skill. [Got it? "Skill Level / 5" = 10/5 = x2] They boosted AGI classes, but destroyed VIT classes, which are the best rainstormers because of the extra high HP and defense on a mob. I'd rather spam Arrow Shower with these settings. AS 10 is 250% anyways. And again, a first class skill outdamages a third class skill. WHY THIS HAPPENS ONLY ON ARCHER CLASSES? OMG I WILL START POSTING IN CAPS LIKE MEFISTO... Oh wait.

And omg. Where SR is slower than PW? SR is 1 fixed + 5 variable, if I'm sure. PW is 2 fixed + 15 variable. >.<

No, seriously. After this SR nerf, a wanderer will have NOTHING to offer in a party. People like me will be stuck to the GK+SoM combo on bleeding maps. This if the party has no sorcerer.

Any problem, take the cooldown of DSL out and at least we can have an AOE Lex Aeterna, so we can do something. The success rate dropped from 90% to 60% max. And it is resisted by base level and stat. DSL on me lasts only 8 seconds (I'm serious) even casted by another 150 performer. Just because people like numbers, 5s is the MINIMUM possible duration of DSL.

Well, I always supported the balance patch, until checking the real numbers. With this severely nerfed Severe Rainstorm, the 120 SP consumption is NOT WORTHY ANYMORE. Drop it to 50 on max level. Or make White Wing Ranger Set works on SR too, so it would buff AS and SR. And if any problem, Black Wing could affect Voice skills (Reverb, MS, GE)

Well, if Wanderers disappear... I warned you. If most people is making performers, I can say all of them would prefer being Maestros after this patch. Impressive Riff makes everything the buffed Swing Dance does [except affecting bows], Gloomy can be spammed by a Maestro to have the same effect as Slow Grace, THEY CAN STRING...

moar suggestions...

Things I would make to balance classes:

Song of Mana, Lerad's Dew and Dance with Wargs, I would transform them to solo songs instead of Choruses. A CHORUS MUST BE EPIC, AND THOSE SKILLS ARE NOT D:

I mean, balance patch will make a 7-performer Dance with Wargs better than Sacrament but. WHO MAKES 7 PERFORMERS? >.<

Also. Is there any skill with over 3s fixed cast time? Strings eat around 70% of variable cast, which is way better than reducing fixed. Because most skills have 1s or less fixed, while an enormous amount of variable cast time. So Strings will always be better.

I will repeat. Maestros got the power of "the best" Dancer skill (Slow Grace) on Gloomy Shyness. A Wanderer should have a way to lower either variable or fixed cast time of targets as a solo skill too. So there is the suggestion of making Dance with Wargs a solo skill. [Shared solo, not split into classes]

Circle of Nature. Circle of Nature is the Duple Light/Expiatio of the performer class. You learn it only for prereq. This if you REALLY think the target skill is useful. In the case, it is NOT. If Circle of Nature and Valley of Death got that smashing buff, and I am talking about something smashing. I wish a performer could work properly as a second healer. Not better than the Arch Bishop, but good. Original Circle of Nature [maxed] could regen 360 sp per second, which in one minute [total duration] would recover 21600 total. But NO, we got that CRAP which recovers only 40 HP per second, making it 2400 per minute. Any decent bishop makes it on ONE HEAL. AND IT IS PVP ONLY.

Well, nothing will really be better in the end. I am going to max Deep Sleep Lullaby and pretend I have my own AOE Lex Aeterna.

#106 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

Yeah. Wanderers got hit hard by this Rebalance patch, as i see. It is quite obvious that Gravity do not like support classes(((. The second turn of rebalance should be done in the next year.

#107 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

I wish a performer could work properly as a second healer. Not better than the Arch Bishop, but good.

I agree, I've been saying this from day one.

Gravity should look at the Bard in this game. It doesn't replace the Cleric, but it is a viable alternative if you can alter your tactics a bit.

I would expect that two performers in a party could rival a High Priest, and 3 or more would easily compare to an Arch Bishop with their chorus skills. All it takes is a little imagination.

I was looking forward to the balance patch, but my patience (the more I wait) and interest (the more I read) are dwindling.

#108 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Wanderer was the worst rd job leading up to this and they chose to nerf them? Gravity's lead developers need their heads examined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users