#226 Cylon

Cylon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

Has anyone got the Cooldown skill to work? If so, how?

Edited by Cylon, 26 January 2011 - 07:15 AM.

#227 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

Two words: Aftercast Delay.

Edit: Ya know, I feel like expanding anyways. Mechanics can fire HSCR at ASPD rate, meaning 20k+ at ASPD rate. CS does... let's just throw in 90k from the earlier post. I really don't know much about CS, I'll admit it, but 2 seconds aftercast delay is a HUGE drop in DPS. Even assuming you ignore the 1 second cast time, that's a CS once every 2.5-3 seconds, depending on ASPD (estimate). Going with 2.5 seconds, that means your CS goes down to 36k a second. I highly doubt that a decent Mechanic can't pull two HSCRs or more in a second. I believe the general cutoff was agreed to be 3 HSCR a second or something? That's 60k a second! Now, using the previous post above you... 90k CS with just gloomy? 45k a second assuming NO cast or animation, and the Mechanic will steal your lexes cuz he's hitting faster. Please feel free to provide backup for your side.

in pvp its not really about dps, dps is mvp and player vs monster. cs is better suited for pvp/ WoE, in which case you CANNOT out pot a CS if you dont have enough HP. and then there is strings.

You need too get out of this forum lol. Gloomied CS with strings? Nobody even bothers with an mvp sura anymore because you can not only dps everything with a gloomied CS but if you have a rideword hat and Tao....you practically can use no supplies against almost any mvp..awesome! And what does a Mech get...? 10k...10k....10k.....Oooo a lex 20k!....10k Honestly i dont see how you can even compete.

10 ks are pretty weak even for a master smiths rams btw. i hit more than that with out an endow. we are talking mvp right? not pvp ? lol still, even 20k per hit, under dps rate that's times 3 so 60 k per sec? and then with endow? 40 per hit = 120 k per sec? cs can be endowed as well right? one cs on gloomy would do 180 in one second. and that's not saying that there is a strings. just kiss your days of being the powerful dpser of the game good bye. its only solo dps that you can beat an lk. and who solos mvp without gloomy. and even if you do solo mvp on rk/lk you have your own gloomy alt slave thing w.e. what's the point in a mechanic? dps build? out done. mado slave build? beat in every aspect as well. i'm so tired of the way this game has been changed, but i really enjoyed it pre-renewal, so i come back still every once and a while to check if things have changed for my character. if it ever does please some one post something in this thread to let me know. this is the only place im checking. haven't gone back in game or in vent in a long time i gave into rage quit.

Edited by MrMajestic, 25 January 2011 - 10:55 PM.

#228 Iseal

Iseal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

We were discussing MvP, not PvP. CS has a TWO SECOND delay on it. You can also use 2x megs on a Mechanic for a jump in damage, CS... not so much. Also, I'd love to see you point out any other class that can block ALL ranged/magic dmg in a 3x3 (Pneuma doesn't count, doesn't block magic). Pilebunker can dispell even if the target is normally immune to it (linkers, linked Rogues, FCP...). I'm not saying Mechanic is OMG OP like some classes seem to be/are, but we're not USELESS.

Oh, forgot to add, Cooldown only works if you're NOT in Overheat status. It takes it down to 0 on your overheat counters.

To clear up why I said it's not so much on CS, it's cuz of the aftercast. In fact, I've been calculating this stuff, giving both sides gears, endows, etc. Mechanic beats RK even IN strings with gloomy, just barely. 10k DPS or something. This is solo with only buffs you could use scrolls for, or apply yourself.

Edited by Iseal, 26 January 2011 - 10:09 AM.

#229 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:04 AM

even when i wear my mado suit i want to be able to skill spam players, i dont like any of these offensive ranged casting skills, so basicly im left with powerswing, problem is i have a much better skills in HPCR which deals double the damage and bypasses sheild skills....

i still dont understand why mechanics in mado cant use HPCR... this is the bread and butter of mastersmiths.

buff powerswing to be just as effective if not more >>

i only have 50 skills points in 3rd class, axe tornado is okay but while its on cooldown id like to spam hammerfalls and cart revos enchanted with shatterstrike >>

im not a robot, if i wanted to make a mado heavy class id make a blacksmith since no point of been mastersmith if u wear a mado >>

30k clashing spiral x3 for gloom and lex x2 easy 200k spiral and they have gloomy so he will have strings... we are no where close the highest dps since hpcr cant be lexed... like i stated earlier vandishing point the royal guard skill does the same if not more damage then HPCR and % cards work

this class as a whole has no JOB,

mado mechs do have a job in woe, just that no one has bothered using it yet =p

#230 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:04 AM

whats our job, ? to self destruct... to do scans or stealth shields, please inform me as my mados job, maybes its to precast with arm cannon... im still confused about WHAT JOB WE DO cause we are a master of NOTHING!!

what job do we do better then everyother class , ANSWER=Quitting :angry:

#231 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

whats our job, ? to self destruct... to do scans or stealth shields, please inform me as my mados job, maybes its to precast with arm cannon... im still confused about WHAT JOB WE DO cause we are a master of NOTHING!!

what job do we do better then everyother class , ANSWER=Quitting :angry:

^^^^ basically this.

Just make a sura, RG, RK, or genetic.

#232 Iseal

Iseal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

We're a master of complaining apparently. Keep it up, maybe we'll get some fixes (not sarcasm). Mado is a master of utility and fields IMO. Sub in so a power class can go to an area under fire, NB your precast line, break casts with range skills, Stealth Field your emp (does that work?), Ice Launcher spam in strings, IR scan, Pile Bunker (skill) tough stuff, Mag Field large areas to ready for AoEs... Tons of stuff to do, just don't expect to do most of it as well as a job focused on that skill.

#233 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

i dont wanna spam in strings. i wanna hpcr the :angry: outa things!!

#234 Iseal

Iseal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

Go play axe Mechanic then. If you can chase down someone, go ahead and HSCR them. Times have changed, Mado Mechanic is the new WoE Mechanic. Maybe they'll implement stuff for axes, maybe they won't. You can either stay axe and hope they will, or get a suit.

#235 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

I like the Mechanic class, but I can see why other people are complaining. If you don't like the class, or enjoy playing it, don't play it? Problem solved. I play a Mado Mechanic, and have an Axe Mechanic in the works. I enjoy leveling them up, killing MvPs with them, and occasionally dicking around in PvP. Haven't gotten a chance to WoE on my Mech yet. They weren't designed to be a top tier class, obviously, so comparing them to Genetic, RG, Sura is pointless.

Changes I would like to see would be: Having a way to rebuild the Mado, so you don't have to walk back to Pront for a new one. Fix Ghost cannon balls, as they are pretty useless, you can't hit Ghost Propety monsters with Arm Cannon, no matter what cannon ball/endow you use. Arm Cannon should be able to hit Ghost prop monsters if you equip any elemental ball, or use any endow. Make it so Cold Slower ignores flee. Make Vulcan Arm more spammable. Give Arm Cannon a bit more range and AoE. Fix Pilebunker so it can remove KE, since it doesn't seem to work if you don't hit the target. Allow Mados to use Sight/Teleport/Hide skills while in the suit. Fix Cooldown so it actually removes Overheat status, not resets the counter before you Overheat. Buff Magnetic Field so people trapped in it's AoE cannot Snap away or Hide.

Edited by Bronx, 29 January 2011 - 10:06 AM.

#236 Iseal

Iseal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

I'd love to see Vulcan Arm do multiple displayed hits, so as to mess with the target's movement. Maybe to help proc card/equip effects too? Magnetic Field seems like it should reduce flee, seeing as how they can't move. Definitely fix Pile Bunker, maybe add Shield Reflect breaking, IR Scan into a wide area Sight spell maybe? Gimme something to do besides of half-assed attacks while in Mado!

#237 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Let's think of balancing for a minute.

Let's say Mechanics and Genetics had parts of their skill tree swapped.

Mechanics now have Cart Boost 2, Cart Cannon, Cart Tornado and Cart Remodeling.

Cart Remodeling would give a boost to HSCR so a Mechanic using it would have an obvious damage increase over a Master Smith.
Cart Boost 2 makes more sense as it's an expansion upon the Transcendent cart boost.
Cart Tornado is like Axe Tornado, except...with a cart.
Cart Cannon makes it so Mechanics without INT don't do very good damage. Its damage would be balanced by the fact that you need INT to make it work.

Then, contrast this to Genetics which would now have the Mechanic axe skills.

They now require VIT to augment their damage with Axe Tornado, balanced by the fact that Acid Bomb takes STR and INT to use. It makes more sense for a Genetic to mob with this skill as they are able to heal themselves more efficiently than Mechanics, so it would end up being pretty useful overall.
That's pretty much it. Axe Boomerang and Power Swing are absolutely useless.

But even without their cart skills, Genetics are still very formidable.
It's been brought up many times in this thread. It makes no sense that a master of biological science has a mechanized cart that can fire cannonballs like a laser.
But it does make sense for them to use axes, as Axe Mastery is an alchemist skill.

I mean ... just think about it. If these skill sets were swapped, Mechanics would be a lot more useful than they already are. Since Mado skills are essentially worthless, this option is a great alternative to the robot suit. The only harm it causes Genetics are making it more difficult to level up. But is that necessarily a bad thing for one of the most ridiculous classes in the game? The cart skills (save for boost), aren't even what makes them game breaking. It's the actual biological-type skills that do.

I know that this will -never- happen, but you should try it out on a test server and see how it works out.

#238 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

Let's think of balancing for a minute.

Let's say Mechanics and Genetics had parts of their skill tree swapped.

Mechanics now have Cart Boost 2, Cart Cannon, Cart Tornado and Cart Remodeling.

Cart Remodeling would give a boost to HSCR so a Mechanic using it would have an obvious damage increase over a Master Smith.
Cart Boost 2 makes more sense as it's an expansion upon the Transcendent cart boost.
Cart Tornado is like Axe Tornado, except...with a cart.
Cart Cannon makes it so Mechanics without INT don't do very good damage. Its damage would be balanced by the fact that you need INT to make it work.

Then, contrast this to Genetics which would now have the Mechanic axe skills.

They now require VIT to augment their damage with Axe Tornado, balanced by the fact that Acid Bomb takes STR and INT to use. It makes more sense for a Genetic to mob with this skill as they are able to heal themselves more efficiently than Mechanics, so it would end up being pretty useful overall.
That's pretty much it. Axe Boomerang and Power Swing are absolutely useless.

But even without their cart skills, Genetics are still very formidable.
It's been brought up many times in this thread. It makes no sense that a master of biological science has a mechanized cart that can fire cannonballs like a laser.
But it does make sense for them to use axes, as Axe Mastery is an alchemist skill.

I mean ... just think about it. If these skill sets were swapped, Mechanics would be a lot more useful than they already are. Since Mado skills are essentially worthless, this option is a great alternative to the robot suit. The only harm it causes Genetics are making it more difficult to level up. But is that necessarily a bad thing for one of the most ridiculous classes in the game? The cart skills (save for boost), aren't even what makes them game breaking. It's the actual biological-type skills that do.

I know that this will -never- happen, but you should try it out on a test server and see how it works out.

this should be bumped in this thread to every ones dieing breath in this game. most meaningful post in the mechanic thread I've read yet. i'ld love them to try alot of these things out. i'd play again if this where the way things were in the game.

#239 Iseal

Iseal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

Allow HSCR in Mado, no Adrenaline Rush still, etc to balance it. Just cuz you're high on adrenaline doesn't mean your robot is. Don't see the problem with picking up your cart and flattening someone though. Also, if we DO get Cart Boost 2, make sure we still have the option to use Cart Boost instead. I also heard Cart Boost 2 doesn't remove D.Agi, true or false?

#240 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

How about be creative and lose the double skills

Acceleration !! Cart Boost
Axe Mastery (Mechanic) !! Weapon Mastery/Reserch
Ice Launcher!!Flame Launcher !! Arm Cannon !! ..... How about HPCR or Better.. Pile Driver PFT!!??

How about an Elemental Shift and like Repair or Remodel Mainframe

But you come to think our cart boost is better... genetics is just bugged ... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe goes the gm

Cart is my WEAPON... the ice pick was for fun, 190 was for the thrill and 1cell means your dead
aoe was cart tornado since that was cart rev is so axe tornado like u want to cause no cast time wins the fight

POLLVOTE towards Cart Remodeling for mechanic then ill share my cannon tech :D i may have broke it >>

Edited by IronFist, 02 February 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#241 Cylon

Cylon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:36 AM

I gave the mado one more try in woe again. I honestly did. The frustration of the mado limits overwhelmed me and I reverted to HSCR ftw. I'd like to keep this as a feedback post instead of how horrible the mado experience is at woe. Ignoring the other numerous shortcomings, I would simply like to recommend a mado mount NPC next to the woe kafras. (yes i've said this in a previous post but hopefully the GMs may see this bump).

#242 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

You're not high enough level to be able to do much in WoE. I would wait to see how things are when you're higher level, before complaining that you're having a hard time dealing with WoE in the Mado. Alot of people get raped in WoE due to overpowered skills, even level 150's with Godly gears, so don't get discouraged. At 141, I was able to do 113k Self Destruct, without a Bryn, 1 shotting a level 150 RK wearing Tao in PvP. Damage will only get higher as I get closer and closer to 150, and if I ever get a Bryn, I expect damage to be around the 150k range without Battle Chant x2 HP buff.

Here's something I posted in a similar forums:

So I've been messing around with my Mado Mechanic is PvP/WoE, and overall, it was alot of fun. It does feel a bit underpowered, like most people say, so here is my idea of buffing the Mechanic class.

Our damage outside of Self Destruct isn't very good, and I don't think Mado Mech was desiged to be a killer in the first place. I think what the kRO devs should focus on with the class, is expanding on thier status infliction, and utility. We already have moves that shoot out fire and ice that inflict Burning and Freezing status, and cannon balls for some AoE damage.

My idea is this, leaving the skills as they are damage wise, but give us more options with Arm Cannon. Right now we have a choice of different elemental cannon balls, but my idea takes this to the next level. Give us new Grenade type items, which can be bought at an npc, that inflict different status, to be used with Arm Cannon. Items such as: Smoke Grenades to cause blind status to all that stay within the skill's AoE for the duration. Laughing Gas, similar to GX's Magic Mushroom skill, making players do /heh and causes them to cast random skills. Flash Grenade that causes AoE stun for a moment. Some type of (Slow) grenade that gives an effect similar to Mandragora Howling, forcing cast times on every skill, and slowing the cast times dramatically. A grenade that spreads disease, similar to GX's deadly infect. The possibilities are endless.

I drew inspiration from the Megaman series, to come up with these ideas. Megaman was able to shoot different types of attacks with his arm cannon, and I feel that the Mechanic class could benefit greatly from having more options in PvP/WoE. Our damage potential isn't that great, so to make up for it, I believe inflicting serveral status through Arm Cannon's AoE through the use of different Grenade type items, would be a welcome addition to the Mechanic arsenal. It would make use of Arm Cannon level 1's AoE, since it's damage in PvP/WoE is not too great. As it stands right now, a Mechanic in WoE is a walking bomb with Self Destruct.

Edited by Bronx, 03 February 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#243 Cylon

Cylon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

And after I self destruct, it's only fair that I have to run back to pront to remount :/
I am giving the mado a chance, it would just seem a lot simpler if I can REMOUNT the same place a champ/sura can pay 5k to refill his sp to go back to continue his gfist massacre (they can simply use pots btw).

#244 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

If they give us the cash shop mounts, maybe we could also resummon our mounts like they do on kRO. However, this is a double edged sword, meaning the whole purpose of SD's 5 minute cooldown being implemented, was in direct relation to having unlimited Mado access at any point in time. I personally would rather have no instant Mado skill, and 0 reuse delay on SD like we have now, than having an instant Mado mounting ability, and having a 5 minute cooldown on our strongest skill.

Say no to cash mounts! Say yes to repeatedly blowing yourself up for the good on mankind. No reuse delay on SD please.

Edited by Bronx, 03 February 2011 - 04:01 PM.

#245 Cylon

Cylon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Cash mount is a kafra shop item??
if so, then I agree to say no. Btw, what stats increase the SD damage? Does it depend on the casters hp or targets vit?

#246 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

So I heard everyone quit leveling/woeing on mechanics?

#247 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:28 AM

There are a few blowhards left that can't accept it's a subpar class.

#248 Iseal

Iseal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

Accepting that it's sub-par and playing a different job are two different things. I understand Mechanic isn't that good, but I still like playing it.

#249 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

Mechanic was never that bad, the people playing them and doing all the complaining just didn't know how to play them yet. Fortunately for them, there's a plethora of EZ-Mode characters to choose from, so if you don't want to play the class, or like the class, you don't have to. =)

#250 Cylon

Cylon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

I like mech........now -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users