255 replies to this topic

#76 mauriciolima

mauriciolima

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:02 AM

Let's compare post-nerf Cart Cannon to the Mechanic's Arm Cannon.
It's still superior in every way, and Arm Cannon is supposed to be the Mechanic's paramount skill. What.

Not to mention the fact that Arm Cannon deals 1500% only on Small size enemies, on Medium size deals 1400% and on Large size enemies deals only 1000%.

Our new 3rd class "Paramount Skill" now deals less damage than Hscr and have huge delay and cast time. Posted Image

#77 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:20 AM

Make arm cannon same as genetic cart cannon and everyone's happy :P

#78 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:27 AM

Make arm cannon same as genetic cart cannon and everyone's happy :P

Because I should have to give up ALL of my non-3rd job skills, be unable to receive healing and increase agility from priests, require constant use of magic fuel, and have virtually no other damage options but this one

all so a mechanic can operate on par with a genetic

SIGN ME UP

#79 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

Max Overthrust is lost on relogging (can get expensive).
Weapon Perfection has a habit of remaining after death.

All the smith buffs should behave the same way imo.

Little thing, but it's can get irritating to have four buffs which all behave differently.

#80 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:27 AM

Axe Tornado behaves strangely in regards to its AoE. There are two possibilities:

1. Moving enemies are dealt less damage
2. Enemies within the 7x7 radius of the skill, but outside of the 5x5 cell radius of the skill are dealt less damage

Since the overall damage is calculated as a single hit, I believe that #2 is the case, and I wonder if this is intended or if it is just a poorly coded scaling AoE?

#81 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

I honestly think making mado suit should be "summonable," as it would take care of any issue of losing Mado suit upon death in more diffucult maps or situations. How it could work is that it would require some steel, and have a 15-20 second interruptable cast time. That's a significant delay in WoE to prevent it from being abused for its suicide skill; Mechs are going to have to be careful not to be spotted. In PvM, Mechs can rely on their teammates for protection while summoning their suit.

#82 mauriciolima

mauriciolima

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

Yesterday was my first time trying to up with Madogear on Valk (I want to change to Ymir or Ygg but I think this service is not avaible anymore :unsure:).
Lv 102/13, Ice Launcher lv3 and Mado License lv3 (Fantastic Wig to help walking ><), going try mag_dun01 (thinking I was just killing Magmarings in about 4sec and being worst than ever for getting lvl).

Some things I noticed:

Even with the 8k plus weight of the cart, it still very hard to carry every needed pots, fuels, ice balls and equips. I'm worried about the Fuel weight, since it's needed for every Mado skill.

I bought 10 "Repair C" pots, that weight 18 e.a, for testing how much HP would recover, simply didn't recover nothing, not even 1 HP, it's useless.

Ice Laucher was dealing an average dmg for a Fire 2 monster, but still very outdamaged for high lvl monsters and the three seconds delay was severely messing up, while these three seconds you cannot do anything but run from the mob, it's like upping a Wizard with a one hit Storm Gust.

I was catched by two Explosion and one then gave "Bomb" skill on the ground, I die.
Wake up in Juno without Exp and without Madogear, and no other way to recover but going to Prontera. Well, nothing much to say: alt+F4.

Edited by mauriciolima, 14 November 2010 - 07:00 AM.

#83 Kahlev

Kahlev

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:57 AM

Axe Tornado behaves strangely in regards to its AoE. There are two possibilities:

1. Moving enemies are dealt less damage
2. Enemies within the 7x7 radius of the skill, but outside of the 5x5 cell radius of the skill are dealt less damage

Since the overall damage is calculated as a single hit, I believe that #2 is the case, and I wonder if this is intended or if it is just a poorly coded scaling AoE?

Indeed, #2 is the case. I was only able to test level 5 axe tornado, though, but it goes something like this:
*. Enemies in the 3x3 and 5x5 radius receive 100% of the damage
*. Enemies in the 7x7 radius receive 75% of the damage
*. No clue what happends if an enemy is in the 1x1 radius.

#84 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

For me Mechanic lacks of ability to recover Magic Gear after death right in place, lacks of heatmeter to know, when to recover with cooling skill, FAWs lacks of good firepower and durability, and axe skills generally suck. All these things IMHO should be fixed.

#85 Caleb

Caleb

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

I don't see why Mechanics should suffer such huge drawbacks to use a Madogear which is the basis of their third class when no other class has to. Its not like the Mado skills are remarkable in any way that justifies the penalties. I think keeping your Mado on death is perfectly reasonable when your entire skill build is based on being on your Madogear. There also seems to be no reason why a Mechanic shouldn't be able to use all his non-Mado skills inside his Madogear either. If you made a Rune Knight unable to use any of his Knight/Lord Knight skills if he was on a dragon, and only made Rune Knight skills usable on a dragon, and then made him lose his dragon on death, it would be just as ridiculous. Mado skills just aren't worth the restrictions placed on it. There is nothing "super hero form" about them. I don't think having you keep your Madogear on death and letting Mechanics use all their skills on a Mado would be unbalanced at all.

About Upgrade Weapon, assuming it does not give a bonus as a Mechanic(I have not seen tests done on iRO, if anybody knows if data has been gathered I would like to know please), saying that a skill point expansion is planned in the future and will fix it doesn't seem fair. We already had to hit j70 once as a Mastersmith to get full use of the skill, why should we have to do it again as a Mechanic? And saying that from a storyline perspective we aren't Blacksmiths anymore seems silly when Geneticists are going around with motorized carts with cannons in them. Making our Weapon Upgrade mostly useless now is wrong from a gameplay standpoint.

Also about Weaponry Research, I have tested the skill out and it does still work, but has been changed from preRE mechanics. Now it gives a +20% chance to hit on your chance to hit like Bash does.
So if you have an 80% chance to hit a monster, it would give you an 80% * 1.2 = 96% chance to hit. It does not give a flat +20 hit bonus.

Axe Mastery does give a flat +30 hit bonus and +50 atk bonus, but only for axes. On maces it seems to give a flat +20 hit bonus and I think a +40 atk bonus. I am not sure about the atk bonus, but it is not as high as with an axe. These bonuses do not show on the status window.

Edited by Caleb, 14 November 2010 - 06:00 PM.

#86 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:16 AM

just reset to mado and tried a few things, first off its is complete crap atm, there is not way you can auto attack with it since your attack speed is crap, earth deleter armor dos not work with it and your main damaging spell cost 60 sp a shot with a bad cast time and tiny aoe, not to mention less the spectacular damage on anything other then small or medium targets. Cold shower is decent if your remove the after cast delay, it should also be removed from arm cannon and flame launcher. Heal should not have a cast time at all if your going to make priests unable to heal us. Overheating should be removed, since all that does is make is relog every few minutes. Also sp cost on all the spells should eather be lowered or give us some kind of passive sp regeneration, or better yet make all our other skills work with mado or if u want make it so mado suite passive grants us all our buffs without having to cast then, then it would be a little closer to super. ( basicly when putting on mado suite, it passively gives u the bonuses that it has right now plus ar, weapon perfection, maximum overthrust, power maximize. Because right now it does not make any sense at all that my mech will hit twice as hard while using the pile bunker as a mace with twice the speed, then when its been utilised as intented in your superhero suite.

Normal mech without super suite using pile bunker as a club- 1800s damage per hit with pile bunker attacking very fast

mado super hero suite with pile bunker- 800s at a really slow attack speed..

????? what gives more like a weakling suite that makes u weaker then a super hero suite, and yes i realise mado suite is designed for casting spells, but we simply do no have anywhere close to the regen need to cast spells for very long. And no a power armor is not supposed to hit for less damage then when u where not using it

#87 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

That's because when attacking in mado suit, your damage is based on DEX, instead of STR.

#88 Iseal

Iseal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

You sure? From what I heard, Dex adds 1% dmg mod bonus per point to most skills, but your damage is still Str based, since it's a melee wep. Kinda like spear boom.

#89 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

You sure? From what I heard, Dex adds 1% dmg mod bonus per point to most skills, but your damage is still Str based, since it's a melee wep. Kinda like spear boom.

This should be the case. The skills that say they are modified by a particular stat are generally increased by a fixed amount per point of the stat, but are not actually dependent on that stat for damage.

The dex vs. str attack formula is how your attack for your weapon is calculated, I believe, and your weapon does not change when you use a mado. Maces/Axes are always going to be modified by strength regardless of how you're using it.

#90 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

That's because when attacking in mado suit, your damage is based on DEX, instead of STR.

I think you need to do some research on mech class in general before you talk your ass off. Your attack in mado is based on you str still not dex. Melee attack is always based on str >.>

The reason it does 2 x less damage is pretty simple to anyone who plays mech or even the mastersmith class. You do not have access to maximum power thrust as a in a mado suite, so no 200% damage . Pretty ovious no? Also no weapon perfection for small targets, no maximize power, no adrenaline rush. If your dont beleive reset your char 1, str 1 des, add 100 dex hit a poring see how much damage u do in mado, now add 100 str and see how much damage you do. u will notice is based on str.

#91 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood then. I was told that Mado's skills were based on Dex (as opposed to STR), since they're ranged skills like it's for Bow classes so I came to assume that dex would have to be default damage stat if you wanted to go mado route.

Neverthless, I've pretty much given up on playing my Mechanic now.

Edited by Taper, 16 November 2010 - 01:22 PM.

#92 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

I believe some of them use dex, and by that, they gain 1% of bonus damage per point of dex, but the base attack power used is still modified by strength. It's not really explicitly stated anywhere, so may be misleading.

#93 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

this is the problem I'm having:
Posted Image

#94 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

You can get Fire Earth Research next, it's not good, but considering a lot of later monsters are fire element, the resistance can add up over time. Especially true that, even though it is a mastery, monster attack is generally lower hit-for-hit in renewal.

But, uh, yeah, for axe mechs, there is a lack of skills beyond Axe Tornado really.

Boomerang sucks, not applicable to boss monsters.
Power Swing sucks, we have hammerfall which is a better stun, and HSCR which is better damage.
The FAWs are awful.
Axe Mastery and Fire Earth Research are... well.. Masteries.

Everything else requires you to be on a mado, and personally, just watching people play mado builds, Axe Tornado is much more effecient and the Mado is just not really worth using.

Edited by Sera, 16 November 2010 - 06:57 PM.

#95 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

well ice launcher is decent if you get it early one for magma 2, will 1 shot everything at also instant cast, only thing that it wont 1 shot is nightmare terrors and the little devils. But its after cast delay is aweful, after cast delay of 3 sec makes it nearly useless later one, arm cannons tiny aoe ( u can miss quite often with 3x3 area, especially with location bug, damage is medicore, and its has a after cast delay thats pretty bad too, not as bad as ice launcher thou. lol cart cannon can do the same ammount of damage, targets a aoe around the target with no after cast delay, and arm cannon is supposed to be our final skill in the damage tree??

#96 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:18 AM

The Nightmare Terrors are really where the experience comes from there though imo. Playing Axe Mech in Magma 2 while someone is leveling with Ice Launcher is just like... thanks for the exp taps.

#97 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:03 AM

IMHO Gravity should also increase firepower of Boost Knuckle, Flame Launcher, Ice Launcher and Arm Cannon. The first three needed to have damage increased by 50% at least, and for Arm Cannon IMHO they`re should increase damage by 50%, increase cast range to 9 cells and increase it`s AoE to 9x9 at Lvl 1, 7x7 at Lvl 2 and 5x5 at Lvl 3.

#98 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:22 AM

I think you should say "Ice Launcher damage should be increased by 1.5x" instead of "Ice Launcher damage should be increased by 50%."

Just watch, next patch,

Ice Launcher:
1200% -> 1250%

-----------------------

Also, wanted to note, the cell range issues with Axe Tornado only apply to objects within the 7x7 and not within the 5x5. There is no special penalty or bonus for being inside 3x3 or anything like that.

Edited by Sera, 17 November 2010 - 02:23 AM.

#99 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:47 AM

I think you should say "Ice Launcher damage should be increased by 1.5x" instead of "Ice Launcher damage should be increased by 50%."

Yeah, this is what i meant.

#100 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:50 AM

I wish they offered 5 more skills for mechanics...so that you have to pick whether you want mado or non-mado build. As it stands there's really no flexibility with the class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users