Experience Distribution? - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Experience Distribution?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

I was at Forgotten Village mm and realized that the experience points were being distributed among the party members, sometimes only 800 points per person per monster. Keep in mind this map is for level 50+ players. I feel this is a very poor design choice by the developers to divide experience points like this. If a monster is worth 3000 exp points, then every member of the party should get 3000 exp points.
This division of experience discourages team play and makes the community more isolating.

#2 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

Well, I agree partially with you.

Mostly games have this kind of system, where the EXP is being shared as - Monster EXP / Number of Party Members.

Some few games adopts the system of giving the whole Monster EXP equally to all party members.

In that way, players do level up really fast, and in fact the monster wouldn't be giving out his real EXP but actually his EXP x (the number of members in a party).

Yes, it discourages team-work, but in a point you can realize that you do get exp alot more faster than you do solo it.

As 4 players killing, are faster than you going solo, you might notice that in maps, the number of monsters increase depending on how many people are in your party, so you won't lose any EXP doing maps with a party.

I agree with you that the EXP should be increased a little bit in party, they could add such things as "Party Exp Bonus" or something like in other games, making the Original Monster EXP to increase, and so the EXP gain in a party.

#3 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

It should raise the EXP gained by 1.4x per person in the party, topping at 2.2x exp for a full party. The EXP is still split, so it's not as much as one may think.

1000 EXP split two/three/four ways: 700/600/550

Now, keep this in mind. When you are in a party, a person is most likely killing a mob at their own pace. Regardless, that means you're getting extra EXP over time. It's not the full amount, but it's a decent portion. Also, an MMO should try to encourage party usage any time it can - any way it can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users