Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress) - Page 13 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress)

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#301 ChickenPorkAdobo

ChickenPorkAdobo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNASA PUSO MO!!!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Server ng Pagbabago

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:30 AM

they are trade-able if its still in the Box. Once you open it will be Account bound. 

RWC is currently available through the Kafra shop for 400 KP. see this for the price

Edited by ChickenPorkAdobo, 09 July 2015 - 02:30 AM.

#302 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:33 AM

Got it thanks.

I've read the enchant bit but it's not really clear to me, what does it mean by hidden? So is it random if I get Spell or another enchant? If I get spell 1, could I then get another enchant level one of will it always go Spell 1 > 2 > 3?

Sorry for being dumb!

#303 ChickenPorkAdobo

ChickenPorkAdobo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:17 AM

RWC enchantment is random, this is not like the Temp boots enchantment where you will need to go from Spell 1>2>3>4>5 to get the perfect enchant. 

you will either get MATK 1/2/3 or Spell 1/2/3 (Pendant), Fighting Spirit 1/2/3 or ATK 1/2/3 (Ring) at random, but you can reset the enchantment by using the RWC Enchant reset Ticket which I think is 600 KP for you to get the Perfect enchant. 

Before I really don't understand how the enchantment works. but when you actually try it, it's like "oh okay, now I know". because you will never know it unless you try it. XD

I really don't know if I explained it you correctly that you will understand. but I hope it helps XD

Edited by ChickenPorkAdobo, 09 July 2015 - 03:17 AM.

#304 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:58 AM

So basicaly it's a 50/50 chance if I get the pedant.

If I get the pedant, it's a 50/50 chance if I get the right enchant. But if I do, it will go straight to 3?

#305 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

So basicaly it's a 50/50 chance if I get the pedant.

If I get the pedant, it's a 50/50 chance if I get the right enchant. But if I do, it will go straight to 3?

it is not 50/50

it is 1/6

the enchants are matk1, matk2, matk3, sp1, sp2, sp3

#306 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, he was totally right. Now I've started I understand! 

#307 KimaT

KimaT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

Insta-CC 1:

+9 KK CoD (-29% cast)

2x RWC Pendant (-32% cast), KBC if you can afford it

+9 FAW [Spell x3] (-30% cast)

+X RTE [AS x 3, Spell4+] (-10% cast) - the enchant is not yet available though :-(

H̶i̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶r̶i̶f̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶d̶e̶.̶

W̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶R̶W̶C̶ ̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶p̶e̶n̶d̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶h̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶3̶/̶3̶?̶

a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶e̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶C̶C̶(̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶A̶B̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶e̶d̶)̶.̶ ̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶2̶%̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶e̶.̶

O̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶?̶

EDIT: So it seems that Pendant will only enchantable with spell/mattack

Edited by KimaT, 10 July 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#308 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:55 AM

The chance of the enchant doesn't really matter since you can keep resetting individual enchants until you get the ones you want.

#309 JadedCynic

JadedCynic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

Because ineffective builds are beyond the scope of this guide. Agi is of little to no utility for a genetic in any arena of gameplay. 

You can't rely on it for dodging, because flee is reduced by mobs, and you can't level far as third job without mobbing - and besides, your leveling skill is an AoE. 

You don't need the attack speed - gen is a skill-based class. 

And if you DO want aspd and dodge, just make an eira, and overboost will fix your aspd at 189 and flee at 500, regardless of your agi. 

So what good is the agi?

DrAzzy's position on agi is very clear. Not only does his gene calculator have no field for agi, but this post pretty much says it all. But at the risk of incurring his wrath again, I was wondering if animation delay matters for CC and AB under certain situations. For example, magic strings can reduce skill delay by 100% with level 10 magic strings, level 10 music lessons, and 150 int. Without skill delay, wouldn't CC's spammability be limited only by lag and animation delay? If so, wouldn't agi start to matter at that point? Here's an old discussion of how agi affects animation delay:

https://forums.warpp...ay-after-usage/

If all this is correct, wouldn't CC be affected more than AB? CC has a variable cast time and a skill delay that can both be reduced to 0, making animation delay the only bottleneck I know of. As for AB, its skill delay can also be reduced to 0, but I'm not sure if its fixed cast time can also be reduced to 0. If not, would fixed cast time be the bottleneck for AB rather than animation delay?

Edited by JadedCynic, 03 August 2015 - 01:50 PM.

#310 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

Animation delay is definitely a factor for any class, and more so for CC for the reasons you mentioned. Acid Bomb can't be reduced under 0.25 seconds for now (Sacrament + Temporal DEX boots).

#311 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:01 AM

unless someone gets their hands on the elusive Fenrir card

#312 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

So, I just became a gene with 15 job, all those points went to max CC, C Remodel, and Lv 4 C Boost. I know its probably about time  for me to leave low Ti, btw this week's TI is soooo agressive and hard, I die to stuff while finish casting LOL. I believe I either die to Dark priest's dark cross or that nasty attack speed of breeze. 

Question 1:

I will hit 100 soon, should I stay 99 until I max C boost and Sword mastery (because Azzy did or Havenn I can't remember)

Question 2:

What should I start pumping in to help ease the leveling process? What is the stat expection at 120 and 135. 

My built is  

Str 80

Agi 1

Vit 40

Int 90

Dex 55

Luk 1 

Gears that I have: +9 Vanargand, Orlean, +9 HBP, +9 Superior Variant, +7 Tripple AS Red Twin

#313 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:54 PM

i can relate, back when i started playing iRO exclusively, i thought once my gen have CC lv 5 it would be smooth sailing, i was wrong apparently xD. i had same issues, very slow cast at low level, limited gears. and plus for me couldn't pot fast enough with 200ms++ ping.

I have 3 suggestion:

1. Make a Sera homunculus, levelling sera to get painkiller might take a while 3-6weeks, but once you get it its definitely smooth sailing from there.

2. Get a temporal boots with EA4 hawkeye, doesnt matter what the stat boots are, ideally Temp.DEX boots. Hawkeye proc pretty often on mobs, it will give you insta cast for 5 sec, very usefull for leveling on mob with high HP. sp drain wont be a problem with +9 vana and incubus pet. this works very well with painkiller, you can mob so big, you wont running out of sp.

3. Get spell reduction gear, 2 RWC Pendant (spell enchants) or Sprint Ring, FAW (spell), +9COD this is an expensive option but you can have constant short cast time on CC at low level. The down side is at higher level you'll be having high enough dex (short cc cast time) making +%long range damage gears more useful than spell reduction gears.

If zeny is not an issue, this is the fastest way to get fast CC cast time at low level. you can sell the gears once you dont need them anymore, except RWC Pendant which is account bound.

for stat get INT and STR to 90, then vit to 70~80 then DEX all the way to 120

HP increase Potion is recommeded for extra survavibility , it cheap and increase decent amount of max HP

#314 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:31 PM

Feels like once I finish using the Pain K to level, the humonculus is useless. I wonder how well does it do when someone have decent reduction gear no GTB, no DR, just decent reduction gear. I currently have a normal Amistr, I was gunna turn it to. Well that red thing with a baby in a bottle, its not ethical. I honestly like Bee lady more because my mind is taught in the way where ethical is the most important thing. 

#315 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:09 AM

with good internet connection, its totally doable to level without painkiller, be careful not to mob too big. and use appropriate armor element to further reduce monster skills, for example dark cross from dark priest can be nullified with shadow/ED armor,

both dieter and sera definitely have their pros and cons.
with dieter's pyroclastic your CC would be jackup, even more if the monster have weakness to elemental balls. potentially killing the mobs faster before you receive too much damage. its also the best for party play to maximize your attack power, since you wont be tanking.

Sera painkiller is almost literally nullified most damage from big mobs, this could give you leniency to replace 1 or 2 defensive gears to offensive ones, somewhat increase your damage a little.
Painkiller is still very useful for high level PVM stuff like Nightmare CT, OGH, Faceworm Nest, Biolabs. future Nightmare OGH also comes to mind. definitely makes solo-ing alot of stuffs easier.

#316 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

Extra happy when I found out that Havenn likes to use Amistr-Sera. I was debating about getting a Sera or dieter, but if a player still likse Sera even with good gear, then a noob like me should really stick with it 

#317 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:29 AM

Now all sera sera que sera sera. Just because someone use sera doesnt mean sera good. I see so many sera user lately.
If someone make a guide using dieter all of u will change to diter
Guys u are hilarious

#318 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:25 AM

Game is for fun, but if you ever think it is okay to enslave a baby thats in a bottle forever, thats messed up. I wanted a dieter at first, so i took amistr for it, but I found myself dislike the design of sprite, what are you going to do about it.

#319 Weiser

Weiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Locationin your Heart. ♥
  • Server:Thor Renewal

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:05 AM

hello may I ask what KBC stands??? 

#320 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:18 AM

Kafra Blossom Card

#321 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:05 AM

Now all sera sera que sera sera. Just because someone use sera doesnt mean sera good. I see so many sera user lately.
If someone make a guide using dieter all of u will change to diter
Guys u are hilarious

Most genetics have both homuns for MVPing, for different situations. Just make two genetics.

#322 iril12

iril12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:32 PM

advice please for MVP build

this is my gene lvl 167 atm

167_zpspfcmpayp.jpg

my homun now sera with PK,  my planning is to refine my 2x AK erde ea9 to +12 (or should i use +9 HF EA8 ? in case HF harder to refine  ) what about the stats when 175 reached?

thanks and sorry for my bad english

Edited by iril12, 03 October 2015 - 06:58 PM.

#323 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:03 PM

I am not expert, but for what I know, You want to invest some luk to the point where requirement point for luk is less or equal to str. 

Do you see the "2" on the Luk row? And 20 on STR and INT, those are the value of points require to add in 1 point of luk/str/int

#324 ChickenPorkAdobo

ChickenPorkAdobo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

advice please for MVP build

this is my gene lvl 167 atm

167_zpspfcmpayp.jpg

my homun now sera with PK,  my planning is to refine my 2x AK erde ea9 to +12 (or should i use +9 HF EA8 ? in case HF harder to refine  ) what about the stats when 175 reached?

thanks and sorry for my bad english

Just stick with your 2 AK erde ea9 so that you can still wear a shield. I would also recommend to pump up your Luk. 

#325 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:04 PM

Yep, definitely a shield. Forgot to point that out. You don't want to wear a two hand weapon unless your team is here for you, if you are tanking, always a shield. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users