Classic Loki WoE 1 God Item Creation Walkthrough - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Loki WoE 1 God Item Creation Walkthrough

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#51 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

It's not selfish when everyone wants a reduction except you lol. I probably wouldn't even do it at 50, I'm just saying what I believe would be best, and most fair for the server as a whole.

As for more god items: you didn't even read, or comprehend my previous post.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 09 June 2014 - 08:31 AM.

#52 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

50 chars to roll the seals has been asked since the server started if a player had enough zeny as vrypwrful said you can buy a nearly complete set the drop rates are ridiculous the only guilds hemorrhaging god items is MVP guild /Valhalla  if your asking for compensation again need i remind you everyone who did the quest the old way was given free seal char resets in dec/jan 

#53 Godless

Godless

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFt Wainwright, Alaska

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

I completely agree, the hardest part of making god items should be the WoEing portion, not the 1000 characters you have to constantly remake if you want a god item. Is there any possibly way to lower the castle drop rates? 1x rates perm, gum wouldn't hurt tbh because it would keep a need for them in the market. I don't want a flood of god items made, but I do want to see more than just one guild make god items!

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

You realize I've made more items since then right? ~_~

But no, if they reduce it to 50 they'll have to retool the quest because multiple items will made every roll.

Turning Classic into Ymir 2.0 would not be good.

#55 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

hate to tell it to ya but were already at the ymir state people are jumping servers like rats from the titanic or there breaking up into smaller guilds to encourage more fights/ balance between the guilds 

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

hate to tell ya but you're right

but that doesn't mean everyone should poop out items just because their main comp is gone. You can go through what those before you went through.

(don't talk about WoE balance, you're in a 3guild alliance vs 1 party)

The thing is new guilds are popping up. This is good. If everyone suddenly gets god items it'll harm the growth of the new guilds. Let the server grow before getting all greedy and wanting 220 str chars to demolish and discourage new guilds with?

Edited by Xellie, 09 June 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#57 Godless

Godless

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

People want to see more god items made, the only person that doesn't already has an edge on the rest of the server and quite frankly has benefited from the sets they've already made. They need a realistic goal that doesn't consume the entirety of there week/weekend, the majority of players that are on classic don't have all that time.

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

People want to see more god items made, the only person that doesn't already has an edge on the rest of the server and quite frankly has benefited from the sets they've already made. They need a realistic goal that doesn't consume the entirety of there week/weekend, the majority of players that are on classic don't have all that time.

WHAT STOPPED YOU DOING IT BEFORE NOW?

NOTHING.

They are GOD items they are supposed to take a long time. You guys cried, you got the quest changed.

How about you actually do the damn quest before crying about changing it again?

You guys wanted this bull-_-, you should actually do it.

The thing is new guilds are popping up. This is good. If everyone suddenly gets god items it'll harm the growth of the new guilds. Let the server grow before getting all greedy and wanting 220 str chars to demolish and discourage new guilds with

#59 Godless

Godless

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

hate to tell ya but you're right

but that doesn't mean everyone should poop out items just because their main comp is gone. You can go through what those before you went through.

(don't talk about WoE balance, you're in a 3guild alliance vs 1 party)

Seriously if you want to bash us, leave it in tirades. Peoples main comp is gone because the amount of time you actually have to invest into making a god item right now is rediculous. Also maybe if you weren't the only guild with 6 megs, you would have more competition. It would get people to come back if they actually had reachable goals and I don't think you see anything on because you like to play with blinders. You don't want whats best for the server, just you and your guild.

#60 Godless

Godless

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

WHAT STOPPED YOU DOING IT BEFORE NOW?

NOTHING.

They are GOD items they are supposed to take a long time. You guys cried, you got the quest changed.

How about you actually do the damn quest before crying about changing it again?

You guys wanted this bull-_-, you should actually do it.

The thing is new guilds are popping up. This is good. If everyone suddenly gets god items it'll harm the growth of the new guilds. Let the server grow before getting all greedy and wanting 220 str chars to demolish and discourage new guilds with

We have jobs, lives and things outside RO, btw I have done the quest and quite frankly I don't have the devotion to try and get 4 people to make 100+ chars for the sets we have get the quests done among hoping that we aren't ninja'd because we are at a complete disadvantage when someone has 6 megs and it only takes them seconds to kill the mvp, along with the 150 kills. 
Btw Xellie, I haven't posted anything about the god item creation quest, it was your bitching that made this happen. Oh and everything that you have ever spewed on these forums has only been for the benefit of your guild. 

Edited by Godless, 09 June 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

If thats what you really think, you have never read anything I say, iceman

#62 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

We have jobs, lives and things outside RO, btw I have done the quest and quite frankly I don't have the devotion to try and get 4 people to make 100+ chars for the sets we have get the quests done among hoping that we aren't ninja'd because we are at a complete disadvantage when someone has 6 megs and it only takes them seconds to kill the mvp, along with the 150 kills. 

This is bullcrap.

Valk have never completed the quest and megs have nothing to do with killing it. (its not even 150 kills. You have no idea what you are talking about)

and tolrin was the one that gave it the thumbs up saying how good it was with other valk people.

You made your bed, now lie in it.

Edited by Xellie, 09 June 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#63 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

1 biochem kills the mvp in a minute

#64 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

When there was alot more guilds before they all asked for 50 char seal quests it ain't rocket science to see that the quest was bad without trying it I pm oda about the need for a better way then that quest

#65 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

if you have a 15 person guild you should have no problem doing seal quests, unless you have 15 lazy people

#66 verapavlovna

verapavlovna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

I thought other guilds also had jobs and lives and such as well.

Yes, it is valid reasoning but it shouldn't be one of the focal points of your argument for a change because you're busy with other things. 

Yes, the quests are a pain in the ass to do. They're annoying, tedious, and generally just blah. But, if we're being honest, it takes maybe 20~30 mins tops to get a Level 70 char. And will cost maybe 1.5m. (Fencer+Merc Pots).

Say then you hypothetically have a non-VIP account with 3 characters. Maybe do Seal 1 on all 3 chars one day. It should take maybe 30 total mins if you know the quest well. Maybe an hour total for all 3. Then say you take a break the next day, and continue Seal 2 on the third day. Seal 2 is roughly as long as Seal 1, maybe a tad longer, but still feasible to do 3 characters within an hour. Now, take a break the next day and on the 5th day do Seal 3. I will concede that Seals 3/4 are IMO the longest due to having to travel back and from from Geffen Dungeon for the former and the RNG lunacy of the Dwarf for the latter, so lets say each char for those 2 seals takes a half hour each. Thats 1.5 hours or so for the 3 characters for Seal 3 and lets estimate the same time frame for Seal 4.

Overall, in a week, assuming these estimates, which of course mileage will vary, will take 4.5 total hours throughout the week for 3 characters. Lets now say you get a couple of guildies to help you out. We'll go with the example of grabbing 4 others. That would lead to 15 Sets of Seal Stones in a single week. Yeah, its not much, but if we extrapolate the number for 100 seals to roll, it would take 6 weeks, assuming it was your group only and you only did 3 chars per week.

This, seems reasonable, if you're busy in real life and spread out the work. Again this is 4 hours spread throughout a week, which is reasonable for a casual MMO player. And, this does not even take into account some seals can be finished insanely fast when you know the quest so well you don't even have to think about it, or if you multi-client rather than do on individually per account.

What I'm trying to get at is that the seals themselves are not all that bad, if we look at it from a non-rushing, non-instant gratification point of view. 

As for the issue regarding the kill count and MVP, why not ask friendly guilds to comp Valhalla or friendly guilds to help you get your kills/defend your killer to make the item itself? Valhalla is only so big. Yes they have a ton of the gods, but it does not excuse not utilizing friends or allies.

TL;DR: 50 total to needed to have seals roll would be nice, but honestly its not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Edited by verapavlovna, 09 June 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#67 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

you know nothing about doing seals if you are suggesting doing it on non vip accounts... they should just add in magic stone quest reset 

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

I think retards like you make me not want to post on these forums.
You have no clue what you are talking about, but I hope that people will constantly keep listening to you. 

More sets being made will discourage newer guilds? Well if you are the only guild making god items, I guess not because even with 6 megs you can't take on 2 guilds that are roughly the same size as your attacking force. How about getting older guilds to come back and play, god knows that Classic gets a WHOLE lot of advertisement. It would be easier to get the people that have played this game before back into it, but ironically you don't think before you speak, so you wouldn't question anything of the sort.

Anyways I'm going to go do something more productive than argue with a horse. 

P.S. if you find that offensive, that's because it was intentional and I didn't know if you needed this hint or not.

Valhalla doesn't comp smaller guilds that don't mouth off. I pretty much refuse to fight the small guilds out of principle.

Valhalla is a lot smaller than you think. God items aren't going to make old guilds come back, or the new guilds start. All it is gonna do is make people think "oh, I have to compete against a million god items" because the server's floodgates will open.

And you'll admit to be intentionally offensive, iceman? :p_sleep:

#69 Godless

Godless

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Oh yeah, we have "Allies" on during the week and the population of classic is just booming. 

I'm not saying I want an instant god item making process that would flood the server with every set that is just sitting there.

There is literally one guild making multiple god items, I think that should say something about the state of this server.

I just would like to see a future where people that do actually play right now can have a reasonable goal. People act like things would be set in stone, I'm just saying for the current population 50 would be amazing. That can always change depending on if more players intend to show up.

Edited by Godless, 09 June 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#70 verapavlovna

verapavlovna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

you know nothing about doing seals if you are suggesting doing it on non vip accounts... they should just add in magic stone quest reset 

Or, I don't know... not everyone wants to dump $$ for expendable seals characters?

Yeah, add in Manuals makes it cost a bit since you're then forced to buy the x3 rather then use the free VIP one, but to suggest I have no idea about Seals due to stating a hypothetical situtation in breaking down the time frame and effort to do seals is ludicrous at best, and honestly terrible reasoning.

I do agree Magic Stone Quest Reset would be ideal to alleviate it.

EDIT: And, yes I have been involved in multiple creations with both seals and kill count

Edited by verapavlovna, 09 June 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Oh yeah, we have "Allies" on during the week and the population of classic is just booming. 

I'm not saying I want an instant god item making process that would flood the server with every set that is just sitting there.

There is literally one guild making multiple god items, I think that should say something about the state of this server.

I just would like to see a future where people that do actually play right now can have a reasonable goal. People act like things would be set in stone, I'm just saying for the current population 50 would be amazing. That can always change depending on if more players intend to show up.

The smaller the population the harder items should be to make.

They become more powerful when you have more gods per capita.

#72 Godless

Godless

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

Coming from the guild that has made the most god items on the server, along with a reasonable attendence, I do find your statement very contradicting.

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

Hmm...

coming from a guild that leaves them in storage and fights vs whole alliances I fail to see the issue.

You could have just stopped me, you only have to prep 50 chars to steal a roll. How hard is it to get 5 people online at once to make a god item? Maybe you need to reevaluate your guildmembers priorities instead of crying for the server to be changed to accommodate their laziness?

This should sound familar.

#74 RClassic

RClassic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Classic duhh

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

How about 75?
S>Seal stones.

#75 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Or, I don't know... not everyone wants to dump $$ for expendable seals characters?

Yeah, add in Manuals makes it cost a bit since you're then forced to buy the x3 rather then use the free VIP one, but to suggest I have no idea about Seals due to stating a hypothetical situtation in breaking down the time frame and effort to do seals is ludicrous at best, and honestly terrible reasoning.

I do agree Magic Stone Quest Reset would be ideal to alleviate it.

EDIT: And, yes I have been involved in multiple creations with both seals and kill count

x3 bms are way more expensive than vip buddy, do some math and stop trying to give advice when you have no idea what you are talking about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users