Make RO Client force close if RCX is active! - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make RO Client force close if RCX is active!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 5634131211134858497

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Bot filled Renewal ><

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:45 AM

My proposal is simple whenever Rag.exe is running it should periodically check for and force shut itself if it finds RCX active on it.

We seriously need this to help prevent all the automated playing going on it's a attrocity this server is being taken over by bots...

I would love it if we can get a lot of the community behind this and get WARPPORTAL to get up and do something about it.

#2 Daizan

Daizan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

Yeah i 100% agree with this... Its well... Its out of hand already.. i would hate to see what its like 3-6months from now..

Need to prevent the bots from logging in.. Not chase and hunt them down, But good work for the "One bot hunter" you do have employed...

Dev's you guys need to help him out x.x you cant expect "The one" (as i am now nicknaming your solitary bot hunter) To keep up with the bots...?

Thats a 1 on maybe 1500 ratio? Lol... yeah.. Anyway! I agree with the stoned southpark kid..

RCX seems to be the main, but eh Why not throw in all the other bot programs while your scripting RCX prevent :)? Kill all the bots with one stone type thing...

PS: Please do something soon :) I am now a Robophobe. Bots must die. Thanks to your sever c(;

#3 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

RCX was banned before, but was allowed again.

RCX in itself is fine, but if you are using the heal slave features (or any other feature that fits into the 3rd party program criteria), we will have no mercy on your soul account and you will not be given any "outs" because it was some other program. If we reprogrammed MS word to start botting for you we would ban you for using it, we are banning the activity not the actual program usage. If someone is using RCX for more legit tool usages then frankly we don't have a beef with those players. If they start using it to automate play, get access to information that is not presented to the player or to modify data to try and cheat then they will cope with the consequences that such activities carry.

From this point on, we will not be suspending based on videos/screenshots/daguerrotypes showing RCX use, unless it was being shown as using the "healslave" function.

But it's been advised to not talk about RCX on this forums. Beside, from your QQing I know you are both newcomers, just need a while and you'll get used to seeing bots everywhere soon, as we all experienced what you've gone through.

Edited by iDaehyun, 07 January 2014 - 05:52 AM.

#4 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

RCX isn't what is used for botting.  That would be another program that shall not be named on the forum.

#5 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

l0l you actually thought rcx is what people use to bot?

the used botting program is called o******e

#6 5634131211134858497

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:Bot filled Renewal ><

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Well either way something needs to be done about it, it doesn't matter if i'm a *new* player. Nobody should be accepting all the botting as ok and normal veterans or new... I know i'm not going to stop complaining about it until I feel like something is being done.

The squeeky wheel is the one that gets the oil yoo~ so everyone squeek up ffs... I don't care if it's not that rc crap that's doing it but it should still be disabled, + some extra work put in to block other programs that are doing unlegit things to the client.

#7 Daizan

Daizan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

RCX was banned before, but was allowed again.

But it's been advised to not talk about RCX on this forums. Beside, from your QQing I know you are both newcomers, just need a while and you'll get used to seeing bots everywhere soon, as we all experienced what you've gone through.

Thats completely fine if people are using it, But people adapt... Bots do not, Well not with ease. They need to be recoded and yadda yadda.. RCX is alot of automative play as you quoted..., Anyway it just seems logical to shut down the things that the bots prosper as for the QQ it will cause from all the "Legit" players using the same program that bots do.. Well i'd rather a bot free sever over acouple happy people using addons for legit reasons.

@ KamiKali, and thats exactly why i said All other bot programs while your at it :) And RCX is alot of the program, But i guess you and the person above you are all for it, One legit account 5 auto's? yeah yeah.. the usual.

#8 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

Youre misleading your blame to RCX though. RCX's bot like feature is practically unused compared to an actual bot program, Preventing or making RCX illegal again would annoy actual players more then botters.

If you suspect someone in game is a bot submit a ticket at https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx. iRO has a dedicated bot hunting GM that looks over tickets and does in game searching as well (Tickets typically come first from what I know).

Edited by Toxn, 07 January 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#9 Daizan

Daizan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:46 AM

If you suspect someone in game is a bot submit a ticket at https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx. iRO has a dedicated bot hunting GM that looks over tickets and does in game searching as well (Tickets typically come first from what I know).

Honestly Toxn,

Do you really believe (As i nicknamed him earlier "The One") one bot hunter could keep up with the amount of bots on sever ^^'?

Like its fine if you do..But unless that bot hunter has access to script/code

(Which i believe he doesn't, or hes still a script kitty/kiddie...)

Its pretty much a losing battle.

Edited by Daizan, 08 January 2014 - 12:47 AM.

#10 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

It's a Chinese company, you aren't going to catch them all as it means nothing to them. But honestly what's with all the newer players qqing everywhere and posting stupid crap.

#11 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

Frequent bots don't use the client nor RCX so forcing it to shutdown when using bot programs is irreverent. The only firm way to block bots is enforcing PTP (pay to play) which is not going to happen. The other methods involve using third party security programs such as hackshield to detect illegal activities but again this had an unpleasant history with legit users. For now, you can only report bots and pray they get checked on the spot.

#12 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

Game guard :))))))))

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

Game guard :))))))))

NO. Never worked and never will work. All it's good for is make it inconvenient for players to open up the darn game.

#14 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

Stopping gold farmers is pretty much a losing game. Look at literally any free to play game and you would notice this. The best they can do is slow down their farming and look over transactions. As for player controlled bots, these are typically easier to deal with since the for the most part, dont even come close to the scale of gold farmer bots.

Doing anything client side is completely irrelevant because actual bots don't even use the client to access the game.

#15 kohakuchan

kohakuchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

wonder in the advertisement of the bot they say they sell mvp card and zeny.

where they get them from? hack? or actually they are an op player? or just scammer?

#16 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

wonder in the advertisement of the bot they say they sell mvp card and zeny.

where they get them from? hack? or actually they are an op player? or just scammer?

Or they could potentially buy them with zeny if they feel like it.

#17 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

RCX is the bomb, for the soul fact it displays my homuns exp % when he wipes a mob XD

#18 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

RCX is the bomb, for the soul fact it displays my homuns exp % when he wipes a mob XD

dude. i was manually leveling my dieter yesterday for like what felt to be forever (maybe 1 hr or so lolol) got 30%, and omfg. it's so slow i wanna die

rcx is awesome ;v

#19 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

NO. Never worked and never will work. All it's good for is make it inconvenient for players to open up the darn game.

I know, I was joking

#20 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Catching bots from either the server or client side, is almost as hard as telling if the player is a real girl or a hode for the system (Gravity, please make this feature). The system can't tell if the movement of a character is done by human or bot, because the information transmitted from the client is very identical.

I've taken a look at a bot software before. Wasn't for RO, but for a 3D MMORPG I was playing back then. There wasn't even any action of intercepting the Internet connection, or anything that can be detected from the game client or the server. It did exactly that. Automating user inputs as if the player actually does all the clicking.

I haven't paid much attention into You-Know-What, but from a quick look, I think it works the same way as the bot software I mentioned, even though it seems more dedicated for this particular game. They share their source code, fortunately... or unfortunately.

I hate bots. I really do, but seeing that RO is a... well, game with a rather simple system where automated tasks are easy to be done, I'm afraid that I must accept their existent and get on with it. Have been playing RO for years, and there's always bots lurking around.  :p_sick:

If everyone played RO as an MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) where they actually role play and socialize, instead of MMOGG (Massive Multiplayer Online Grinding Game) where they only farm and grind, this problem might not exist, but we all know that it's as hard as making the air bleed water with a blade.

#21 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Catching bots from either the server or client side, is almost as hard as telling if the player is a real girl or a hode for the system (Gravity, please make this feature). The system can't tell if the movement of a character is done by human or bot, because the information transmitted from the client is very identical.

I've taken a look at a bot software before. Wasn't for RO, but for a 3D MMORPG I was playing back then. There wasn't even any action of intercepting the Internet connection, or anything that can be detected from the game client or the server. It did exactly that. Automating user inputs as if the player actually does all the clicking.

I haven't paid much attention into You-Know-What, but from a quick look, I think it works the same way as the bot software I mentioned, even though it seems more dedicated for this particular game. They share their source code, fortunately... or unfortunately.

I hate bots. I really do, but seeing that RO is a... well, game with a rather simple system where automated tasks are easy to be done, I'm afraid that I must accept their existent and get on with it. Have been playing RO for years, and there's always bots lurking around.  :p_sick:

If everyone played RO as an MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) where they actually role play and socialize, instead of MMOGG (Massive Multiplayer Online Grinding Game) where they only farm and grind, this problem might not exist, but we all know that it's as hard as making the air bleed water with a blade.

is your name northern beggar from legend of the condor heroes?

#22 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

It's a Chinese company, you aren't going to catch them all as it means nothing to them. But honestly what's with all the newer players qqing everywhere and posting stupid crap.

Yeah, how dare the newcomers to the server expect to get some awesome quality from the server and some proper measures against bots. That's just silly, expecting that.
Now that I've got the sarcastic response out of the way.

The idea in general is good, as long as it's done to whatever bot program is actually being used. You say it's a chinese company and they don't care? What do we care about the company, we're trying to keep the bot players from botting, doesn't matter what the company may think of that.

However, we have to be realistic. RO is over 10 years old and although we still have the GMs and the team doing weekly maint, I doubt anybody will really bother to fully do some big stuff to make RO as fun to play as it was those 10 years ago.

C-A

#23 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

is your name northern beggar from legend of the condor heroes?

:p_conf:

Eh, my name? It's a long story. 

I wonder if the GM actually reads threads in this section.

#24 Daizan

Daizan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, how dare the newcomers to the server expect to get some awesome quality from the server and some proper measures against bots. That's just silly, expecting that.
Now that I've got the sarcastic response out of the way.

The idea in general is good, as long as it's done to whatever bot program is actually being used. You say it's a chinese company and they don't care? What do we care about the company, we're trying to keep the bot players from botting, doesn't matter what the company may think of that.

However, we have to be realistic. RO is over 10 years old and although we still have the GMs and the team doing weekly maint, I doubt anybody will really bother to fully do some big stuff to make RO as fun to play as it was those 10 years ago.

C-A

I thank you both for actually putting suggestions/your input into this topic, Mainly because they are the only ones that arent saying

"OMFG I LOVE RCX DONT TAKE IT AWAY THEN I CANT BE LAZY ANYMORE~"

Look i understand legit people use RCX for exp,gutterlines and what not, But players DO NOT NEED IT. Bots however do..

As i said in one of my first posts... Players adapt, Bots do not. Atleast not easily.

(If someone really bothers quitting over thier RCX getting blocked, Then well maybe they shouldnt even be playing -.-')

I've been a ragnarok fan since the start... I have the original disk... You know what bots use to do ^^? Fly wing as soon as they see you.

You know what they do now ^^? Walk around going LALALALALALA i dont need to hide, because theres no point :)

Because bot ban lists take 4months+ to get one bot. You know how many cards/equips/lowrate drops you can get in a month of auto play?

A -_- lot.

Anyway i dont know about you guys but i was taught to stand up when something was wrong. Not watch day light robbery go by without doing anything at all.

(EDIT, Oh i should mention this goes for all other bot programs, Not just RCX, thats just the main of automative play, Your welcome RCX LOVERS :) I'm not hating at you specifically! Just all of you in general :D Makes it better right ^^? Lawl.)

Edited by Daizan, 10 January 2014 - 09:25 PM.

#25 Daizan

Daizan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

:p_conf:

Eh, my name? It's a long story. 

I wonder if the GM actually reads threads in this section.

Your name from Wushu/Wulin XD? Just had to ask after seeing it, Anyhow! I dont believe the forum gm's are all to active,

I'm sure they get around acouple topics every week or so though... (Judgeing by reply times on other topics atleast!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users