Make RO Client force close if RCX is active! - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make RO Client force close if RCX is active!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#26 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

bots don't need rcx

you should do some research on such a subject such as botting before even suggesting such a thing so that you don't sound like a dumbf u c k.

#27 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

I thank you both for actually putting suggestions/your input into this topic, Mainly because they are the only ones that arent saying

"OMFG I LOVE RCX DONT TAKE IT AWAY THEN I CANT BE LAZY ANYMORE~"

Look i understand legit people use RCX for exp,gutterlines and what not, But players DO NOT NEED IT. Bots however do..

As i said in one of my first posts... Players adapt, Bots do not. Atleast not easily.

(If someone really bothers quitting over thier RCX getting blocked, Then well maybe they shouldnt even be playing -.-')

I've been a ragnarok fan since the start... I have the original disk... You know what bots use to do ^^? Fly wing as soon as they see you.

You know what they do now ^^? Walk around going LALALALALALA i dont need to hide, because theres no point :)

Because bot ban lists take 4months+ to get one bot. You know how many cards/equips/lowrate drops you can get in a month of auto play?

A -_- lot.

Anyway i dont know about you guys but i was taught to stand up when something was wrong. Not watch day light robbery go by without doing anything at all.

(EDIT, Oh i should mention this goes for all other bot programs, Not just RCX, thats just the main of automative play, Your welcome RCX LOVERS :) I'm not hating at you specifically! Just all of you in general :D Makes it better right ^^? Lawl.)

You see all those bots in game? All those bots around maps farming, leveling or spamming in town? None of those are using rcx. None of those are even using ragexe.exe. As I have already said, stop placing your blame on RCX when RCX has nothing to do with the problem. Yes RCX does potentially have the ability to bot if set up, though RCXs bot feature is literally jacksh- compared to a actual bot program.

Blocking RCX will have practically 0% effect against bots and doing anything client side to prevent the actual bot program bots are using will do absolutely nothing. So of course we are defending RCX. Otherwise we have misinformed people try to ruin a extremely useful program for everyone else.

Edited by Toxn, 10 January 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#28 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

there are entirely too many people spreading misinformation on the forums these days...

#29 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

Yeah, how dare the newcomers to the server expect to get some awesome quality from the server and some proper measures against bots. That's just silly, expecting that.
Now that I've got the sarcastic response out of the way.

The idea in general is good, as long as it's done to whatever bot program is actually being used. You say it's a chinese company and they don't care? What do we care about the company, we're trying to keep the bot players from botting, doesn't matter what the company may think of that.

However, we have to be realistic. RO is over 10 years old and although we still have the GMs and the team doing weekly maint, I doubt anybody will really bother to fully do some big stuff to make RO as fun to play as it was those 10 years ago.

C-A

And this is coming from the same person who once said he didnt care whether his TI party is full of bots as long as each does his part and he ends up finishing his count.

On topic: As many people have mentioned, bots don't use RCX. One of the main uses of RCX is to see the gutter lines so you can effectively use Bowling Bash.

Why would a bot need that when everything the bot does is automated anyway?

How about making the forum or RO client autocrash when the user's brain isn't active?

#30 Daizan

Daizan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

Hahahaha.... As usual the rest arrive to protect thier beloved auto-play ~ Kami you sound abit mad there :3

And if you'd read instead of being a butt pirate for auto play! you would of noticed i said "All other programs" and i have multiple times.

So stop being a robo-homo :) and how about you do some research into that RCX you use each and every day,

Because i know i can make a priest bot with acouple clicks using RCX :)(relatively close atleast)

OH snap. i went there..

Dam its hard work when everything is done for you and you dont even need to alt tab :o

Edited by Daizan, 12 January 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#31 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

The stupid, it hurts.

#32 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

Listen. Preventing bots is nowhere as easy as, "If an instance of You-Know-What is found running, shut down the client." Trust me, if it were that simple, there wouldn't be a bot at all, and those people developing RO are smart. They would have seen the possibilities if there were any. As a side note, please know that computer is actually dumb. It's just able to do things very quickly. They can't see what's beyond its work space.

If we really want to stop people from botting, we need to find the reasons and fix it. Some people are too lazy to grind. We can't fix that. Some people don't fully understand the meaning of role play. It's almost impossible to fix that. Some people bot to build the market. Well... they do contribute a lot to the economy, so yeah. We're doomed.

P.S. The software people use to bot is NOT RCX, and please stop bugging me with my username.

#33 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

My proposal is simple whenever Rag.exe is running it should periodically check for and force shut itself if it finds RCX active on it.

We seriously need this to help prevent all the automated playing going on it's a attrocity this server is being taken over by bots...

I would love it if we can get a lot of the community behind this and get WARPPORTAL to get up and do something about it.

1561989-884279_time_to_stop_posting_supe

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

Hahahaha.... As usual the rest arrive to protect thier beloved auto-play ~ Kami you sound abit mad there :3

And if you'd read instead of being a butt pirate for auto play! you would of noticed i said "All other programs" and i have multiple times.

So stop being a robo-homo :) and how about you do some research into that RCX you use each and every day,

Because i know i can make a priest bot with acouple clicks using RCX :)(relatively close atleast)

OH snap. i went there..

Dam its hard work when everything is done for you and you dont even need to alt tab :o

The main uses of RCX are completely legit and anything that is automated unsupervised gameplay is bannable... guess what? That includes keyboard macros.  Maybe RO should autoclose if you have a gaming keyboard or a gaming mouse.

Good day to you sir.

disclaimer : I do not condone or support the use of the RCX botlike function.

#35 5634131211134858497

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:Bot filled Renewal ><

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

I don't give a -_- what all you bot lovers / automated play lovers say..

RCX needs to go, too many use the automated priest function....  and warpportal needs to do something about the other botting programs this is getting effin crazy....

Just walked past about 5 max lvl bots at Groves.... GOOD JOB WARPPORTAL GEEZUS

#36 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

I don't give a -_- what all you bot lovers / automated play lovers say..

Really not doing a good job of backing up yourself and your suggestion if that is all you have to say. So good luck with that.

and warpportal needs to do something about the other botting programs this is getting effin crazy....

Just walked past about 5 max lvl bots at Groves.... GOOD JOB WARPPORTAL GEEZUS

So youre aware that bots aren't using RCX, yet you still keep placing blame on RCX. Groupie is not the problem here.

Want them to do something about those groves bots? http://forums.warppo...-bot-locations/ & https://support.warpportal.com/Main/Default.aspx

#37 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

why is this thread still going? time for a thread lock

#38 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

This thread has gone a little bit too hot. Like the others said, botters doesn't use RCX to bot. RCX itself doesn't have anything that goes against RO rules, instead it fixes the BB gutter line bug (that gravity never fixed) and it shows you an exp/calc and... times for buffs? IMO basically it's so-very-grey area but GM already allowed it as long there's no other things made from the original function of RCX itself.

You don't get instructions on how to modify RCX after you installed it, which is where I'd draw the line. I also doubt that some newbie will actually modify RCX to bot and not catch on that botting is illegal.

Thread is locked. You can PM the CMs regarding the RCX and it's legality in iRO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users