AOV : Problems and Solutions in Progress - Page 2 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

AOV : Problems and Solutions in Progress

38 replies to this topic

#26 SynGreis

SynGreis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

infinium fixed my ass...

cmbx.jpg
3dpj.jpg

fresh like 30min ago. What are the cms gonna say "oh well according to our records you didnt use infinium"

You have a -_- load of bugs. The possibility of being a bug is better and more credible then you stating infinium works.

#27 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

For the MP loss thing, if you guys are adamant about keeping the percentages as they are, maybe adding a 50% MP retainment on death clause on VIPs would be interesting to test out. 

#28 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

I just want to ask for more communication like this. You'd make alot of people happy as well as remove alot of the hate if you, or zanbee/whomever, would make a nice sticky post like this more ofte that is explaning changes, why and what problems your aware of.

Lack of communication is a big problem between dev/CM and players. A bit of an explanation goes a very long way and it would help if you let us know stuff like this much more often.

Edited by SonicTMP, 11 January 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#29 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

I just want to ask for more communication like this. You'd make alot of people happy as well as remove alot of the hate if you, or zanbee/whomever, would make a nice sticky post like this more ofte that is explaning changes, why and what problems your aware of.

Lack of communication is a big problem between dev/CM and players. A bit of an explanation goes a very long way and it would help if you let us know stuff like this much more often.

Agreed. Even if you can't tell us your plans because you don't want to get our hopes up, just telling us you know there are problems in certain areas and are working to address them would greatly increase the communities good will.

#30 Frus

Frus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

Agreed. Even if you can't tell us your plans because you don't want to get our hopes up, just telling us you know there are problems in certain areas and are working to address them would greatly increase the communities good will.

wished our CMs knew this little courtesy

#31 DonKarlos

DonKarlos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLondon City

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

We clearly see that there are many problems, and the game at the moment is actually worse than a game on beta.

I would believe it is only necessary to give us free skill and stat reset scroll for the time being in order to adapt to continuously changing stat/skill effects in the game. This would allow us to play around on our builds which I certainly believe would play a part on keeping players playing during tough times.

It should be a give and take, we accept that the game is ruined for us... so what are you doing in return? Listening, free skill reset, weekly patch and so on. Great! so why limit it? It shows gratitude on both sides...

#32 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

infinium fixed my ass...

fresh like 30min ago. What are the cms gonna say "oh well according to our records you didnt use infinium"

You have a -_- load of bugs. The possibility of being a bug is better and more credible then you stating infinium works.

happened to me too last night but too bad i don't have the screen caps to prove it :( my jaw dropped when i saw the failed message

#33 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

Never had any issues with infinium. problem could be that there is some kind of delay receiving the packets for infinium when refining too fast...I dunno just a guess. D:

#34 Lilithsama

Lilithsama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

I think you should reconsider what skills are being extended, I know a lot of people have complains about this. For now I can only talk for my sorcerer and my priest. I will just say what I think is fair, you all judge.

For sorcerers, I think that extending Lightning Bolt is useless, why? Because:

• It's a skill that is basic for sorcerers and wizards, and I'm pretty sure it is useful, but with it's 5 skill points and no more. I can't speak for wizards but I think they would like having another skill extended as well instead of this one.
  • Why extending this skill when we have more powerful skills that would really worth to get 10/10? Like Varetyr Spear.
  • The DoT was a nice add, and even though right now it is really useless, we can get the DoT at 5/5, no?

Instead of extending that skill, I propose extending Land of Recovery. Why? Because it's our main AoE healing skill. It changes A LOT the result of a fight, and even if we're full DPS, it's a skill that, at least pre AoV, was REALLY useful to get. 

I think that changing those 5 points from LB to LoR would be a very, very good change.

I like having Jupitel Thunder extended as well, but I think Healing Wave or Rejuvenation would have been good candidates to extend instead of Jupitel Thunder Mastery.

------

Now, with the priests.

I don't know where to start. You do realize that, though priests have the chance to be full DPS too, they're still a healing class, right? (The main healing class in this game, if I'm not wrong).

Extending Holy Light and Ray of Genesis seems that you only want people DPSing like crazy, and yeah, right now mine is almost full DPS, but because it's the only way I can play with her right now. Instead, don't you think that maxing Heal and Renovatio would have been a better choice? Specially when partying and raiding, DPS is good as it is now, but when I'm with other people I try my best to keep them alive. And I like doing so.

Other thing you could do is, to help with the problem of SP consumption, add one more point to Aqua Benedicta, reducing it's cooldown to, I don't know, 30 seconds? 25? Or to rise the percentage of the SP recovered, I think that would work too.

-----

Now, why don't you consider reseting skill and stats when you change to master class? With all that of the extended skills I think it's unfair that we can't modify them to get some points somewhere else, like Ymir transformation, or to max another skill even when it means sacrificing some another. We have all complained about how hard is to get a skill point, and I think that at least, as someone said before, but I don't remember in what thread, you could give us skill points when we level up, but not at all levels, like this: 

• 1 skill point in levels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
  • 1 skill point in levels 10, 15, and 20.
  • 1 skill point in levels 30, 40, and 50.

I don't think that's something too hard to do, and also very fair for the playerbase, if you do not want to lower skill points' cost.

If I think of something else I will edit this post, but I'd really like to know if someone agrees with anything of what I said.

#35 Crodes

Crodes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

Other thing you could do is, to help with the problem of SP consumption, add one more point to Aqua Benedicta, reducing it's cooldown to, I don't know, 30 seconds? 25? Or to rise the percentage of the SP recovered, I think that would work too.

Though i think the issue of sp consumption is something that will be worked out for all classes in one way or another, Aqua Benedicta deserves that one extra point to put into. Asperio can be maxed to level 6 now with a cd of 10 seconds without vigor. I know Lex Devina can give you Holy Water too but depending on adds in a raid for Holy Water is a bit.. D: But that's just a personal opinion. They might have made Asperio as it is precisely because they want people to use Lex Devina more.

Another thing i noticed is that the Priest buff Suffragium gives a Haste stat increase, which makes sense pre-AOV since Haste gave both auto-attack speed and cast speed. But now that cast speed was seperated from Haste it only gives auto-attack speed. And that is... less than desirable, to say the least. It needs to be reworked.

Edited by Crodes, 14 January 2014 - 04:46 AM.

#36 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

I just want to know what was going through the minds of the kRO developers when they came up with this:

Soulmaker
Restore costs 240sp at level 5.

With the Chaos weapons it can heal for roughly 4k to 4.4k per cast with a 2 second cast time at level 5.

Cure costs 64sp at level 10.

With the Chaos weapons it can heal players roughly between 1.8k to 2.1k every 2 seconds and gets stronger every few seconds for its 30 second duration at level 5 for 32sp. Make it level 10 and it'll heal twice as that every 2 seconds and only cost 64sp.

#37 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

I agree with what Lilithsama said. Sorc is a hard class to balance, since it is a jack of all trades class.

The Devs seem to have the right idea mostly. Sorcs Don't have a main stat though. We always want

a balance of Crit and Matk. The 4x damage wind emblem and crit do, has always hidden the fact

that our plan damage over time has been poor.

Post AOV Sorcs:

*Have 3 to 5 times the Sp costs for half the damage.

*While we get 4 crit per agi, like post patch, our new crit chance is 28% (before patch this was 50%)

*Our enhanced ML skills were all DPS, Sorcs are not a unitasker, Here is our time spent during a

battle: 40% healing, 40% DPS, 20% Avoiding Damage

*Sorcs have poor min / max gear values compared to WAR, BM, SIN, Ranger

Edited by NuwaChan, 15 January 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#38 8048131114033323787

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Till now , two patches .. yet I have not seen anyone mentioning Assassin's Shadow Explosion bug fix , when is that going to take place ?

#39 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Since skills aren't yet fixed, and I don't know if I should let PW 1/5 or 5/5 on my Sin/rogue, and stuff like that, are skill resets gonna be extended again, or not?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users