Information Via-Website / Patch Notes - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Information Via-Website / Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:17 AM

Hello,

I've noticed that lately, the last news on Dragon Saga, such as EXP Events, Maintenance and such things, aren't being published on the Official Main Website.

When I look up for news on the game I play, Id obviously go to the Main page of their Web Site, but somehow you guys of Dragon Saga are posting the news on Facebook!

Really, you guys should consider copying and pasting the news into the Main Website of Dragon Saga instead of posting every news on Facebook.

Not everybody has or like a Facebook, lately I'm having trouble to login into mine for some reason, but you guys should update the webpage often and post patch notes too or something like that.

#2 squinty

squinty

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationHQ

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:54 AM

I would like to say that they do tell us about those announcements, even if a bit late from the ones that come on Twitter/Facebook. As long as they do, that is good for me really.

I, on the other hand, would wish they would have the events (like a thon" or whatever it was called to be on this forum instead of Facebook. As you said, not everyone has a Facebook account or goes there. However, over here people check for the latest updates, bugs, guides,... etc. So here would allow more people to join in the event.

P.S: I think the only reason they do the events on Facebook is because of the "Like" button which allows them to see how many people WANT the event, while here they need to go through post by post, which is time consuming.

#3 Nodke

Nodke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

Why are you asking for them to do something that's less convenient? Just get Facebook already.

Facebook is far more useful to THEM then this crappy site. They can tell if an event is a smash hit thanks to the like button. Officially news posts cannot be posted in or liked, and if they can be posted in, they are usually bumped to the top and put the news/updates out of order. Whereas on Facebook, everything is in chronological order till the end of time - or the end of Facebook (same thing, probably).

Also: You shouldn't be having problems logging in unless your computer is total crap. Which if that's the case, how are you able to even play Dragon Saga? If problems persist, make another account and just use it for Dragonica news. That's what I did. It takes me seconds to log in, check the news, and I'm on my way. It's the same for everyone else too, well, everyone else who isn't lazy, that is.

Some People Dont LIKE facebook is what he meant pesonally i have one and i dont even use it and its idiotic to paste it on facebook and not on the games own webpage

#4 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Why are you asking for them to do something that's less convenient? Just get Facebook already.

Facebook is far more useful to THEM then this crappy site. They can tell if an event is a smash hit thanks to the like button. Officially news posts cannot be posted in or liked, and if they can be posted in, they are usually bumped to the top and put the news/updates out of order. Whereas on Facebook, everything is in chronological order till the end of time - or the end of Facebook (same thing, probably).

Also: You shouldn't be having problems logging in unless your computer is total crap. Which if that's the case, how are you able to even play Dragon Saga? If problems persist, make another account and just use it for Dragonica news. That's what I did. It takes me seconds to log in, check the news, and I'm on my way. It's the same for everyone else too, well, everyone else who isn't lazy, that is.

First off dude, If you are against this kind of suggestion don't even post a reply here, you are just wasting your time, unless you post a polite reply instead what you wrote.

Second, in my opnion, a Main Page of a Game's website is to post announcements about the game, unless they announce that all the Game's news will be shown on Facebook. Many players don't know that Staff guys post their announcements on Facebook, so some of them lose track of events and such things.

If you didn't read, I said I do have a Facebook account, and that I cannot log on it anymore for some reason, now you suppose what? That my computer is a total crap because my Facebook doesn't let me get in? That is funny you know.

Also my computer isn't a total crap, so you better watch what you type before saying BS.

Yes I agree with you in the point that they need to know the Preference of the Players on certain Events, so Facebook is a good idea in fact that you can Like or just ignore the Event Announcements that Dragon Saga launches, but it is Possible to add such button of "Like / Dislike" on the Website too. Staff would then know if an event is well received or not.

But yeah, I'm only suggesting that because otherwise they could just get rid of the site's News Tab and publish all the info in Facebook.

So be respectful next time you post a reply.

#5 Nodke

Nodke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image

Max time needed to make an extra email account and a Facebook account: 5 minutes - one time deal.
Max time needed to check the news at any given time: 1 minute

Max time needed to click my bookmark and have the news 2seconds

#6 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

Max time needed to click my bookmark and have the news 2seconds

You people going against that idea in this way, don't understand what I mean.

Whatever I don't care anymore, only smart people can actually understand what I meant, and not to go like "Make Facebook account - 5 mins, make this - 2 mins, make that - 2 seconds"

Really, I won't waste my time from now on, replying to such coments.

#7 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

Hm, true. I guess I was a little on the not-nice side. Also, I lied. You don't need to make a Facebook account to see what's going on. I will now delete my previous posts, so the one that gets right to the point will be readily available without causing any confusion. (I also hate multiple posts on the same page of a topic in addition to hating lazy Internet users)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dragon-Saga/160701523955281

Bookmark that. Now you can have all the updates at your finger tips before the site even gets them. Even better, when the site is down, this page will still be up. Maybe that's why they use it. No... No, that'd just be silly! Also be aware, they are not allowed to constantly spam the event section on their main page. Most hosts reserve the main page for NEWS and UPDATES only. Events don't fall under that unless it's something done server side, such as an EXP event or a BIG giveaway. They are also trying to get users to use the Facebook page, in hopes of raising the subscribers/likers to get better advertising on Facebook... Like all other gaming sites that are on Facebook.

Preemptive responses:
"I can't view Facebook!"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...troubleshooting

"I don't like Facebook because (opinion)!"

Posted Image

#8 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

Hm, true. I guess I was a little on the not-nice side. Also, I lied. You don't need to make a Facebook account to see what's going on. I will now delete my previous posts, so the one that gets right to the point will be readily available without causing any confusion. (I also hate multiple posts on the same page of a topic in addition to hating lazy Internet users)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dragon-Saga/160701523955281

Bookmark that. Now you can have all the updates at your finger tips before the site even gets them. Even better, when the site is down, this page will still be up. Maybe that's why they use it. No... No, that'd just be silly! Also be aware, they are not allowed to constantly spam the event section on their main page. Most hosts reserve the main page for NEWS and UPDATES only. Events don't fall under that unless it's something done server side, such as an EXP event or a BIG giveaway. They are also trying to get users to use the Facebook page, in hopes of raising the subscribers/likers to get better advertising on Facebook... Like all other gaming sites that are on Facebook.

Preemptive responses:
"I can't view Facebook!"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...troubleshooting

"I don't like Facebook because (opinion)!"

Posted Image

Ok mate, I get your point and idea, but thing is that you got me wrong on this.

I didnt post this thread on Proposals & Suggestions to say "I hate Facebook and I am a lazy internet user/player" but to suggest the staff to post something newer on Dragon Saga's front page, just because some players have this thing to look into the game's website than to their Facebook.

I don't care about looking into Facebook for the news, but I rather look into the website to check the news, that is why I am here suggesting them to also apply the news on their site.

I know, some games are now adding Facebook to increase the game's popularity and make track on their progress of players liking it, its a good idea, but not everybody is used to it.

Maybe in some months, or years, everybody will get used to it, and Facebook can be used together with 99% of the new incoming MMORPGs.

Once again I'll repeat that its just a suggestion and that I am not Lazy, if you think so.

#9 Nodke

Nodke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

You people going against that idea in this way, don't understand what I mean.

Whatever I don't care anymore, only smart people can actually understand what I meant, and not to go like "Make Facebook account - 5 mins, make this - 2 mins, make that - 2 seconds"

Really, I won't waste my time from now on, replying to such coments.

`I wasnt posting against you i said its easyr to click the Bookmark i have for the dragonsaga website not facebook >.>

#10 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:21 AM

`I wasnt posting against you i said its easyr to click the Bookmark i have for the dragonsaga website not facebook >.>

Ah like that, Sorry I wouldn't know, you didn't specify that lol.

#11 Rinnosuke

Rinnosuke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:26 AM

a lot of butthurt going on here
personally i find posting news on FB quite unprofessional
but other companies are doing it, so i'll let it slide
however, they HIGHLY need a new forum for just news.
i'm tired of seeing 1000 stickied topics in the chat forum
news forum -> beneficial to all of us.
it would put events, patch notes and all that in there.
seriously, why don't we have one yet?

#12 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:35 AM

Well, It seems like this idea/suggestion was been aproved.

The guys on Gravity seems to be posting the patch notes and updates on the "Updates" tab by the Website.

That's good for us, so we can keep track of advancements in game and bugs that are fixed.

Thank you guys for reading my suggestion and applying it, If not, just thanks for posting the updates properly on the Website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users