Call in an Airstrike: Need radio guidance on bot locations - Page 10 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Call in an Airstrike: Need radio guidance on bot locations

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
292 replies to this topic

#226 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

This person seems to be an immune person to the WP society and trust me there is alot more than just that prontera buffer.

I Don't mind they have that buffer, but let em make it an NPC like the agi buffer in Izlude and name it under the person such that it can be remembered, and be fair to have that buffer in all towns, cause pront isn't the only area with ppl in it.

WP may state its not allowed, but yet this has been reported by me and nada, just salt.

And as i recall, i was in a Ti with that same particular bot, with **its** friends.

Which inturn just may encourage others to do the same being in a town/map.

Edited by leiand, 28 March 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#227 jesric

jesric

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos renewal

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

chaos server clock tower at the alarms they start moving in on my mobs right after shedskin procs

#228 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

The prontera buffing bots being accepted by the Gravity USA GMs and CMs seems to be a clever approach by the botters to win the hearts and minds of the non-botters as well as give more boldness to the already-botters to keep on going.   It also weakens the authority of the Gravity USA staff when it comes to decisions against botters.   In the early days of the F2P server in 2007 to 2008, one set of the zeny-selling bots was written in PERL.  How many _other_ botters use PERL?   None?   Those old PERL bots accessed a database of names, so if they can do it in 2007, then what's the chances of them doing the same in 2013 and 2014 with their zeny PM antics? 

#229 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

The prontera buffing bots being accepted by the Gravity USA GMs and CMs seems to be a clever approach by the botters to win the hearts and minds of the non-botters as well as give more boldness to the already-botters to keep on going.   It also weakens the authority of the Gravity USA staff when it comes to decisions against botters.   In the early days of the F2P server in 2007 to 2008, one set of the zeny-selling bots was written in PERL.  How many _other_ botters use PERL?   None?   Those old PERL bots accessed a database of names, so if they can do it in 2007, then what's the chances of them doing the same in 2013 and 2014 with their zeny PM antics? 

I don't know if you read the linked thread but they are not accepted by Gravity.

#230 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Being this important person the public, it doesn't have to be a darn bot, they can make it an NPC like the one in izlude for the new ppl to freely use.

And keep the person name such that the RO ppl kno **hey thats him/her/it** whatever they wanna call it.

And if the WP team does that sir, it cannot be in pront alone.

its not the only active town, and thats just being fair.

PM me and correct me if im being a ** whatever**  I'll hear that out i ent that like, hungry to bite.

Edited by leiand, 29 March 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#231 Starlaxy

Starlaxy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Server: Chaos

map: Einbroch Field (ein_fild06)

require an airstrike, there is an army of robots. :p_sleep:

A squad was destroyed, 6 casualties. 

#232 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Woop Woop GM troll tread, otherwise they'd intervene wrt them already.

#233 leetkrew2

leetkrew2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:54 AM

prt_fild03

bunch of armies

Shurato

http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=7

i was there farming strawberries for my mage. I only got 40+ berries because it is infested with bots (one user)

The squad of clones as well as several others have been napalm'd. 41 casualties reported. 

EDIT thanks Oda....

Edited by leetkrew2, 01 April 2014 - 11:28 PM.

#234 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

All this Troll Posts...

How come you dont start with pront bots? Yea the one who is GM immune it seems, near the Vege Stall.

If its that important, why not just make it a buff npc with her name, like the agi npc in izlude.

And then i'll be unfair to not em in all towns, cause there are other locations which ppl do resides and do stuff.

This user, like Ragial, had previously contacted us to obtain authorization to set up the buffs. Since it provides a service that does not benefit the operator, is not connected to illegal activity and does not affect the economy we gave authorization to those two specific groups within these limitations. 

#235 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

So technically you cannot make it a npc with their names and lessen the encouragement to bot.

#236 dallashunter

dallashunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:00 AM

This user, like Ragial, had previously contacted us to obtain authorization to set up the buffs. Since it provides a service that does not benefit the operator, is not connected to illegal activity and does not affect the economy we gave authorization to those two specific groups within these limitations. 

Does this mean buff bots are allowed?

And how can you be so sure those who set up buffs bots don't have any other 'illegal' bots.

#237 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

Does this mean buff bots are allowed?

And how can you be so sure those who set up buffs bots don't have any other 'illegal' bots.

i think you missed the point. buff bots are not allowed because they benefit the operator like Oda said. the ones located in prontera do not benefit the operator in any way other than having more people know about them (plus they contacted WP to get authorization to set them up). and GMs can check IPs or whatever to find any linked accounts.

btw this is from one of the people who run the buffers in town: http://forums.warppo...st-botted-maps/

also, i don't see how having the buffers in town encourages botting. people get the 1-time buff, IN TOWN, and then leave. they could ask anyone for those buffs. it's just a convenient way of getting them without spamming around in town asking for them. it's not like they're auto-following and auto-buffing anyone. and you still have to ASK for the buffs.

#238 ranalek

ranalek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

izlude airship seems botted too. though im pretty sure they will be gone when st patrick event departs or when they see this. whichever comes first

#239 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

i think you missed the point. buff bots are not allowed because they benefit the operator like Oda said. the ones located in prontera do not benefit the operator in any way other than having more people know about them (plus they contacted WP to get authorization to set them up). and GMs can check IPs or whatever to find any linked accounts.

btw this is from one of the people who run the buffers in town: http://forums.warppo...st-botted-maps/

also, i don't see how having the buffers in town encourages botting. people get the 1-time buff, IN TOWN, and then leave. they could ask anyone for those buffs. it's just a convenient way of getting them without spamming around in town asking for them. it's not like they're auto-following and auto-buffing anyone. and you still have to ASK for the buffs.

So why doesn't WP make it a npc? it'll be for the server just like his protected bot.

#240 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

Server: Chaos
Map: Turtle Island Dungeon (tur_dun02)

Objective: Seek and destroy, no survivors.

#241 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

turtle island surface. i sent a ticket a few days ago and NOTHING has been done. they are even KSing homun kills now and it is getting REALLY annoying

#242 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

turtle island surface. i sent a ticket a few days ago and NOTHING has been done. they are even KSing homun kills now and it is getting REALLY annoying

I feel your pain :( *hugs*

...I JUST BUFF THIS ONE GUY AND HE KSES MY KILL! AND HE WAS A BOT! T_________T

Thanks for listening.

(My reaction each time I see a bot (minus the Wendy Testaburger) )

#243 jarlath01

jarlath01

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

Server: Renewal

Map: Pay_fild07

here is a picture of one, I noticed he had no ammo, tried to communicate, no response

https://www.flickr.c...04/13638258464/

Edited by jarlath01, 04 April 2014 - 09:48 PM.

#244 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

how about checking that guy selling 60+ vadon cards on classic server?

#245 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

Can we get random checks of the Spotlight maps? I have a feeling that there are people using bots to level only on spotlight maps.

#246 zerokel

zerokel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1517 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

RENEWAL 

CMD_FILD03 lots of rogues knights wandering around tried to talk to each of them but none answer and avoid monsters that im attacking please check

CMD_FILD01 too

and again pay_dun archer skeletons

Tired of seeing same characters at the same map for a long time. Makes it hard to lure mobs

#247 6694130503044502970

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

izlude dungeon 3 (i think). where all the phens are. same knights for a couple of days now... group of them actually. 

#248 jarlath01

jarlath01

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

Server: Renewal

Map: pay_fild08

it is teeming with live bots

#249 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

If GM uses the market they'll kno who is who, but they wont, its the server provider.

#250 japexbr

japexbr

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Please Oda, check Pay_fild06 a lot of botters, and now they're doing killing steal. Just fine e.e

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users